The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

This is the same if we start nerf nuckers. If we are nerf saryn, meta people will take equinox.

Saryn already get a nerf when she just got rework. But image aim bot nox clone with 300% damage already get roar buff. Man that feel good.

7 minutes ago, kusanagikyo said:

Hmm i bet that i gonna see alot of players using roar and it gonna get a nerf really soon. Lot of frame have strong ability by it own and now ppl will using roar to buff it more.

That's why my day1 plan isn't going to be "roarTrinity LFG", it'll be "smiteTrinity LFG". 

6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:
As I've said till I'm blue in the face and this will be the last time...

Game breaking does not have to mean more OP damage.
- invalidating certain frames - go talk to Valkyr mains right now as an example
- DE's heavy handed, hamfisted approach to "balancing" ie nerfing the hell out of it, creating issues with other mechanics, for example they fix Rest being powerful on frames and accidently screw up Adaro xp levelling
- Increasing the gap between the strong frames getting stronger with 4 strong abilities and the average frames having 2 good abilities instead of 1.
- Becoming even more overpowered with yet more power creep, further trivializing any new content to be a complete snooze fest and rendering frames boring to use, see Revenant as an example of a very OP frame a lot of people find boring as hell. Also Octavia.

I honestly cannot make it any clearer than that. And it's the last time I'm going to attempt to. Half the people in this thread can understand these issues, half the people disagree. It's that simple.

You say this as if we are giving strong frames 5 ability. You are sacrificing something in any case.

19 hours ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

This System is broken and will break the game completely,it shouldn't come into the game so many broken  combinations,for example mesa and eclipse/roar = who the hell thought of this. its completely unbalanced PLEASE DE do NOT put this into the game,since you made enemies paper the game is already quite easy but with this its literally broken

Please remove the damage BUFFING and abilities that do scaling/area damage it will break the game too much

To all the people that think like this: what was stopping you from getting your friend to bring his Rhino while you just yawned and used Mesa's 4 anyway? This is just removing the barrier of having someone doing "nothing more" than being a stat stick for someone else. And as many have said: don't like, don't use. If Warframe is "too easy" for you, there are other games out there too.

On a personal note, I've been hoping for a system like this to have been implemented for years. I dislike the 1 ability restriction per kit/config, but I guess that's how they're avoiding the balance issues of everyone taking the exact same frames with the exact same abilities. Hope that in the future that restriction gets removed/more abilities enter the Helminth pool for even whackier setups that we can't even imagine right now.

Also, really looking forward to try out "MARKED FOR DEATH" + finisher build, among others. :heart: Can hardly wait for the patch day!

19 hours ago, kyuucr said:

When you infuse an ability to a frame, will the ability gets consumed? (i.e., you need to subsume another of the same frame again to get the consumed ability)

Also, can one ability be infused to two different frames?

For your first question, no, if you subsume a warframe, you have that ability for all time

As for your second question, your answer is yes, you can put the same ability onto 2 different frames

So Chroma Ward will be based on energy color ?

And Grendel Nourish won't use any eaten enemies ?

How will Resonator react without Mandacord ?

Which are the "damage boosting buff" ? Can that be specified ? Shooting Gallery, Smite and Shock augmented...

In the extremely unlikely event anyone at DE is actually looking this deep into this thread, I also just want to ask, since some abilities are said to be getting a “buff” to make them worth transferring, how the heck did Spectrorage not get a buff? Of all the frames I play and all the abilities they have, this might be the one ability that literally cannot be used in higher level content. When playing steel path defense with Gara, the mirrors don’t even have time to materialize before they are instantly deleted by the enemies. This ability is such a joke and needs some major changes.

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

For example, if you wanted Shock applied to Excalibur on Configuration A but wanted Configuration B and Configuration C to stay default with Slash Dash, you can do so!

So... why we can't forma different polarity on different configurations? Technical limitation or difficulties? 

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

As I've said till I'm blue in the face and this will be the last time... 
Game breaking does not have to mean more OP damage.
- invalidating certain frames - go talk to Valkyr mains right now as an example
- DE's heavy handed, hamfisted approach to "balancing" ie nerfing the hell out of it, creating issues with other mechanics, for example they fix Rest being powerful on frames and accidently screw up Adaro xp levelling
- Increasing the gap between the strong frames getting stronger with 4 strong abilities and the average frames having 2 good abilities instead of 1.
- Becoming even more overpowered with yet more power creep, further trivializing any new content to be a complete snooze fest and rendering frames boring to use, see Revenant as an example of a very OP frame a lot of people find boring as hell. Also Octavia.

I honestly cannot make it any clearer than that. And it's the last time I'm going to attempt to. Half the people in this thread can understand these issues, half the people disagree. It's that simple. 

I see your proposed issues and I raise you with, Invalidating has been going on for a while now.  trin can give a DR. but unairu gives a better one. nova used to be the only slow that wasn't attributed to cold then creeping terrify, zenurik. mesa was the only weapon jammer then mag got her augment. If Valk mains are not considering the skills they can gain  and only the one you will donate then they will end their own suffering loss with the ideas of possibilities.

Maybe DE's bad nerf hammer policies may apply but considering recent nerfs (bramma) i feel you are aquireing more fear then fact when looking at this possibility. 

As for frames with good abilities. Often the few with one or 2 good powers are the ones who's good powers make up for bad ones. Aka the reason those frames are played. And this new system easily raises those frames from 1-2 good powers to begin 2-3.

This is an mmo, without what you call "power creep" the game would lose its strongest and longest lasting player base. What you fail to admit is "with a team in warframe you can already trivialize everything in the game". At best this system only changes possibilities to a small degree for team synergy. And to a large degree for solo play. What is wrong with that?

All i see made clear is, there is a small group of players who dislike the new system based on what they think other players will do. This is happening guys. Time to get used to the new system.

The biggest advantage of this system is that you can play with Prime Warframes with the abilities of a vaulted Prime. 

Not everyone has Rhino Prime or Valkyr Prime and some people like me are adverse to spending resources on a vanilla frame when the prime exists, but Wukong Prime is available right now.

Still, Wukong Prime with War Cry or Roar replacing Iron Staff is probably better than Rhino or Valkyr.

It would be nice if the lighting worked for the Helminth room to better show the pet fish. My kitties rather enjoy sitting in there trying to watch them swim around in that poorly lit tank in the ground. LOL. Low on the pecking order but when I see some of the other things get love, I can only ask for for my companions. Thanks

27 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Yeah please don't make this mastery 20+ like that guy said, that's just toxic. 

Walling off players a 1 mastery behind like me or anyone who is lower and wants to have a bit of fun just ruins it. 

MR 15 is enough for end game designed feature, most quests will still be very low in regards to MR, thats because they want relitive beginners to experience it. 

Can anyone give a "logical" and rashonal reason why it should be lower? Just saying experienced players can be low MR isn't a logical reason.

I agree with most of the comments about some of the abilities being overpowered and maybe needing to change.   It is kind of like how they release ultra power weapons then have to nerf them later...

• Ivara Quiver (Invisibility on everyone)
  • Mirage Eclipse (depends on the Warframe abilities that generate light)
  • Rhino Roar
  • Protea Dispenser (not as much as the others since there are tons of ways to get energy)
  • Valkyrie's Warcry 

That being said, I am willing to see how things go...  I am sure they will nerf stuff when everyone ends up using the same stuff.

I have some fun stuff I want to try:  

Wukong, Cast Firewalker then Cloudwalker,  Fartwalker!!

Also Nezha with Nourish and Firewalker now has Gas Walker...

hace 2 horas, SilverRook dijo:

Actually no it wasn't. There were fewer frames less stupidly op weapons. Looking at you lenz and bramma.

We had trials.

Instead of removing them make them better. But it's clear this development team now is catering to the lowest skilled players to make them feel powerful while also making older players feel absolutely useless cuz half the time enemies have been absolutely nuked or you bullet jump through an entire level skipping enemies and completing missions in under 2 minutes.

This game has nothing to offer me any more.

And yes destiny is exactly where I went back in June. Never looked back. As a new light player everything is new. And guess what.... You can increase the difficulty up to grand master. Which introduces difficulty rather than more bullet sponge, overload champions barrier champions etc. There are tactics to defeating enemies..... Warframe has none.

Got beyond light on preorder.

So..... Warframe has nothing to bring me back into the fold.

Good luck to you. I hope it gets better for you guys

im sorry but first and foremost: the game was never tactical in the likes of destiny or Anthem lol, even with normal weapons people would mowdown enemies (exalted blade and ember existed back then) the appeal was still to kill big groups of enemies as it is today.

secondly: what do you mean about trials being "veteran content"? ABSOLUTLEY NO ONE liked doing trials for fun (more than once) the only ones that do them where looking to sell those expensive 4k plat arcanes and you can't tell me otherwise. the trials weren't even that hard it was just gimmicky and broken most of the time XD. if you actually believed that the trials was "fun", "difficult" or "veteran content" im sorry to disappoint you but you have been just lying to yourself about how you wanted the game to be. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

I see your proposed issues and I raise you with, Invalidating has been going on for a while now.  trin can give a DR. but unairu gives a better one. nova used to be the only slow that wasn't attributed to cold then creeping terrify, zenurik. mesa was the only weapon jammer then mag got her augment. If Valk mains are not considering the skills they can gain  and only the one you will donate then they will end their own suffering loss with the ideas of possibilities.

Maybe DE's bad nerf hammer policies may apply but considering recent nerfs (bramma) i feel you are aquireing more fear then fact when looking at this possibility. 

As for frames with good abilities. Often the few with one or 2 good powers are the ones who's good powers make up for bad ones. Aka the reason those frames are played. And this new system easily raises those frames from 1-2 good powers to begin 2-3.

This is an mmo, without what you call "power creep" the game would lose its strongest and longest lasting player base. What you fail to admit is "with a team in warframe you can already trivialize everything in the game". At best this system only changes possibilities to a small degree for team synergy. And to a large degree for solo play. What is wrong with that?

All i see made clear is, there is a small group of players who dislike the new system based on what they think other players will do. This is happening guys. Time to get used to the new system.

I've already said I give up trying to explain myself to you guys. I don't consider increasing the rate at which all this happens to be a good thing. You and I are never going to agree, it's just 2 different ways of playing the game.

18 hours ago, (PS4)GyroDriveSmasher said:

As someone who uses Valk all the time, I would want to put Rip line or Paralysis (well, maybe Paralysis) on any other Frame. There are better abilities that can do what Paralysis can do. Plus most people are going to overlook it for Roar or Eclipse.

Yesss exactlyyy! But I agree lmao, most people would probably just go eclipse if they want a buff ability I guess. Hopefully I can use eclipse on valkyr too, to see what a combo of eclipse and warcry would do.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I've already said I give up trying to explain myself to you guys. I don't consider increasing the rate at which all this happens to be a good thing. You and I are never going to agree, it's just 2 different ways of playing the game.

I'm sorry, but if this is "just 2 different ways of playing the game", then who infringes on your rights not to use this system?

Archived