The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

3 minutes ago, Xtrenos said:
Yesss exactlyyy! But I agree lmao, most people would probably just go eclipse if they want a buff ability I guess. Hopefully I can use eclipse on valkyr too, to see what a combo of eclipse and warcry would do.

I don't think so much, because it depends on the lighting, and melee gameplay does a lot of movements.

2 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

I don't think so much, because it depends on the lighting, and melee gameplay does a lot of movements.

true 😛 kinda why warcry is one of my favourite buffs in the game but we shall see! For profit taker at least, eclipse would be neat to use. Besides, 95% DR isn't too bad except when it blocks out your hunter adrenaline from generating energy ;-;

1 minute ago, Xtrenos said:
true

😛 kinda why warcry is one of my favourite buffs in the game but we shall see! For profit taker at least, eclipse would be neat to use. Besides, 95% DR isn't too bad except when it blocks out your hunter adrenaline from generating energy ;-;

On account of DR I don't know, but on account of damage people say that it also depends on the lighting. That is, you may not get the full effect of standing in the light.

22 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

On account of DR I don't know, but on account of damage people say that it also depends on the lighting. That is, you may not get the full effect of standing in the light.

Both damage and damage reduction is base on lighting. It really inconsistent to keep the effect you want. And the lighting is not exactly what display on screen. Sometime i stand in clear bright light area but i still get DR not damage.

3 minutes ago, Rhymontic said:

I wonder, will we subsume weapons next, feed it a weapon to transfer it's base stats? mmh crit, status or damage type

i don't think you want the damage of a brammah with the fire rate of a soma. nah, that ain't going to happen.

PETS, on the other hand... we may be feeding live organism to the helmith soon.

I was actually surprised at some of the chosen abilities, namely the damage buffing ones, Eclipse and Roar.

Ok, I understand you won't be able to stack them on say Chroma or Rhino, I never expected them to, but man, for the other 30+WFs, it's going to become a literal clown fiesta.
Although I wouldn't dislike the idea of "moar damage" I don't feel like we need it, the AI and enemy design is still dumb enough so that the best CC is damage. Steel path might become easy mode for everyone(for some, it already was). 

The first thing that pops to mind is Inaros....that bish is already "THE TANK" incarnate, now, imagine pumping his 3 out and getting Eclipse on, or Roar...this looks like a future meta that is too broken even if it's a PVE game, even if it's a power fantasy. 

In case of Rhino, Charge with its augment, Ironclad Charge would've been more than enough and see quite some use as a quick armor up to buff other armor scaling abilities.
As for Mirage, her 2 with the augment could see some use, can't think of one right now, but I'm sure, some place can be found.

All in all, I don't really think it's a good idea to bring damage abilities into the mix, however, I'll wait for launch, test it out and see how it goes.

3 hours ago, mikakor said:

the power gap will stay the same. or become smaller, because the weaker frame will be able to rise up. while the strong frame... will stay strong. no change at all. you could one shot enemies? how great. you'll one shot them even harder. does it changes anything? NO.

Yes, it does change everything. With Pillage or Condemn replacing Sound Quake on Banshee, the glass cannon will have easy access to shieldgate and remain unkillable regardless of lvl (it is already possible, but it requires significantly more skill to execute). Mag already has shieldgate invulnerability and massive damage potentil with her bubble, which has the disadvantage of being limited to an area; with Larva or Ensnare she can reliably trap enemies in her bubble. Those 2 cases have strong positives and strong negatives to balance them out.
A generally meh kit, like on Hydroid, cannot be fixed with one ability.

2 minutes ago, DeLawrence said:
The first thing that pops to mind is Inaros....that bish is already "THE TANK" incarnate, now, imagine pumping his 3 out and getting Eclipse on, or Roar...this looks like a future meta that is too broken even if it's a PVE game, even if it's a power fantasy.

Oh, I remember how I went to intercept as Inaros in solo and couldn't do anything, even though I did a lot of damage, because it takes 3 mobs to take all your towers.

7 minutes ago, DeLawrence said:

All in all, I don't really think it's a good idea to bring damage abilities into the mix, however, I'll wait for launch, test it out and see how it goes.

GASP

holy S#&$ someone not screaming like a pig being gutted open for nerf, and suggest... HO, WAITING?!? #*!%ing bless you and your soul.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

The reason some player dont go beyond the low mr is that theres no benefit to. This system will encourage some of those to progress to mid mr.

The game rewards those who put effort in the progresson system. Its a choice of effort and reward.

I agree. MR15 is easy to obtain anyway. 

vor 36 Minuten schrieb selig_fay:

I'm sorry, but if this is "just 2 different ways of playing the game", then who infringes on your rights not to use this system?

Hmm, how about meeting those new power builds that clear rooms even faster without having the slightest chance to contribute to the mission?
What's the fun in playing a game when enemies perishes in 1 second after spawning?
Sure we have that now, too, but with Helminth this cancer will spread even more. We already have enough missions where one player relegates the rest of the team on beack seats by cheesing it to the extreme. 

Btw, Rhino and Valkyr are clearly robbed of their uniqueness. The rest of their kits can't compete with other warframes who sacrifice a a bad skill for roar/warcry making them a suboptiomal choice.

21 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You can replace 1 Ability per Warframe.

And as you shown that it is possible to replace ability in one specific build ... is it per frame(you change one build and cannot change abilities in other builds) or per build(you can replace an ability in any build and have different builds on one frame with different replaced abilities)?

Love the whole system love the whole idea. I do not think Rhino should give up his best ability. I genuinely think they should buff charge and give that up or even give up stomp. Again I really like this system and am excited because most of this is 100% nice. 

Just don't like my boring boy losing the one thing that makes him good. Also don't really wanna see roar on dmg frames but that's more or less the smaller issue I have with it.

20 hours ago, Arniox said:

I like the idea of this update but I feel like it really breaks the identity of the game. 

Warframes are supposed to be highly unique for each one and each one is characterised by their abilities. 

We bring each warframe to specific missions because of their specific abilities. Like rhino for example. You're giving up his roar. For a very long time, rhino was defined by his roar and people only ever brought him for his roar. His huge buff potential. 

Now ant warframe can bring that. So what's the point in rhino? 

This update somewhat ruins the identity of future warframes as well now because instead of wondering what cool new powers these new frames will bring, we'll just be wondering what power can we put onto our main warframe we've been using for years now. 

I honestly never thought warframe would ever move in this direction and tbh, while I am hyped for the insane power creep this update will bring, I'm also saddened by more loss of game identity. 

To address your points, and the bold point in particular:

There are literally thousands of combinations. Not every player will choose to put Rhino's Roar on their 'Frames. It might be considered the best ability to increase offensive capability (and it isn't, 'best' is entirely subjective), but players may choose a defensive capability, like Wukong's Deny.

Additionally, Roar is by FAR not the only reason to play Rhino in a given mission. Rhino is far better known for his tankiness than his offensive capabilities.

Giving players the option to give other 'Frames Roar does not in any way, shape, or form diminish Rhino's usefulness.

1 minute ago, (PS4)DeFuerza said:

To address your points, and the bold point in particular:

There are literally thousands of combinations. Not every player will choose to put Rhino's Roar on their 'Frames. It might be considered the best ability to increase offensive capability (and it isn't, 'best' is entirely subjective), but players may choose a defensive capability, like Wukong's Deny.

Additionally, Roar is by FAR not the only reason to play Rhino in a given mission. Rhino is far better known for his tankiness than his offensive capabilities.

Giving players the option to give other 'Frames Roar does not in any way, shape, or form diminish Rhino's usefulness.

And gods forbid people try *new* combinations/builds and ... maybe have fun?

Archived