The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

4 minutes ago, (PS4)DeFuerza said:

To address your points, and the bold point in particular:

There are literally thousands of combinations. Not every player will choose to put Rhino's Roar on their 'Frames. It might be considered the best ability to increase offensive capability (and it isn't, 'best' is entirely subjective), but players may choose a defensive capability, like Wukong's Deny.

Additionally, Roar is by FAR not the only reason to play Rhino in a given mission. Rhino is far better known for his tankiness than his offensive capabilities.

Giving players the option to give other 'Frames Roar does not in any way, shape, or form diminish Rhino's usefulness.

I'll say it again. Replace Fire walker with Roar on Nezha.

Nezha has CC with his ult just like Stomp. He can ward himself, objectives, companions and teammates with his augments. His 2nd ability increases damage taken to a target. Then you have Roar as his first.

What's the point in bringing Rhino when Nezha does everything better? Index doesn't count.

i agree that rhino and valkyr are robbed. But on the other hand we can also subsume some great abilities like chroma's elemental ward, mirage's eclipse on them.

As mentioned, i would like to put ice elemental ward on valkyr (tossing out her ripline), making her a strong armor booster for the team.

Just now, krisbrowne42 said:

And gods forbid people try *new* combinations/builds and ... maybe have fun?

You see i agree fully with this. I just think robbing Rhino in particular is a bit rough. I'd extend that sentiment to valk but truly I think she needs a rekit because while warcry is her best to me it's like so much better than her other abilities that Idk what they could take. 

Even buffing ripline doesn't seem like it could make it good. Where as to me if charge got a little buff or even ironskin got changed slightly they could be 100% viable and fun on other frames. To me Rhino was and is his roar as in its the one thing he had over everyone to make you say "Hey rhino is a cool guy and he never scared of anything" where as other frames outclass him in tankyness.

I've theory crafted most of the combinations I want to do for this update and due to the no 2 damage abilities can be put on 1 Warframe or how some of these abilities only having synergies with other abilities in that Warframe's kit, like Nova's null stars, and you'll quickly realize that each Warframe still retains their distinct personalities. It's just now we can replace, usually, that one ability we never use with one that synergizes better. 

I'm a valkyr main and even though I can put eternal war on other frames no other frame can provide me the base armor levels she has. Although you can replicate it with abilities like defy those can always be nullified while arcanes run on timers. 

20 hours ago, V4Vlad said:

Allowing other frames to get access to war cry and roar is a big BIG mistake. Please reconsider. Adding Rhino's roar and an option makes the entire helminth system pointless. Majority of players are just going to default to that ability. Why take grendel's 2 when you can just take roar? If you refuse to remove it from the pool may I suggest adding some sort of damage cap to it?

Roar only makes sense on builds with high power strength and duration.  If you've sacrificed either of those, it's not going to help much.  It probably will be a very popular choice, which is fine by me.  I'll just let my rando teammates buff me.

2 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:
Roar only makes sense on builds with high power strength and duration. If you've sacrificed either of those, it's not going to help much. It probably will be a very popular choice, which is fine by me. I'll just let my rando teammates buff me.

As an option. At least some of the benefits of some random people. 

vor 24 Minuten schrieb selig_fay:

Such constructions exist now. Nothing prevents you from using them.

Yes indeed, but now they are even more potent and available to a broader group of players with less investment required. Increase in effect and number.
What's the point in a coop shooter when one player can shut down the gaming experience for the rest of the team?
I don't think this game mechanic will enlarge variety, on the contrary, it will aggravate the meta even more. The idea behind the mechanic isn't bad, but each and every abiltiy should be handpicked with regard of its impact. And 5-6 Abilitites on the current list cleary do more harm than benefit for the game. 

22 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What about Damage buffing Abilities?

As you can see, we have two Abilities that increase damage: Mirage’s Eclipse, and Rhino’s Roar. We are creating a special case for these Abilities when infused on Warframes with similar Abilities (i.e Chroma, Mirage, Rhino, Octavia). When you infuse these, you will receive a prompt that you can only have 1 Damage Buffing ability at a time, and thus you are limited to replacing said ability type. Which is to say - Damage Buffing abilities can only be swapped with Damage Buffing Abilities on Warframes that already have them. However, that limitation does not apply to the other 30+ Warframes. 

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Bear

"30+"

Hello, just for notes, what is the list of approximately 14 frames that has something considered damage buff?

for the players:

I made a Sheet to keep this update: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o3abdVSZJrYOqr9CyWDZeo58NVPeL5EX5vpq_PV6qnk/edit?usp=sharing

(is shared, enjoy)

vor 1 Minute schrieb selig_fay:

This is a problem with individual frames. None of the presented abilities do this.

Yes, we already have quite an imbalance between frames (especially in favor of the nuking and tank frames), but skills like roar, eclipse, warcry, defy, dispenser and elemental ward increase these problems by giving those frames even more power (or eleminating energy hunger or giving survivalbility).
It's the exact same situation with weapons having all the same riven disposition (which was a thing right at the start of the introduction of rivens).

20 hours ago, zork9900 said:

Why the hell is rhino's ability roar, that's his best ability and giving everyone roar makes him irrelevant. It should 100% be charge, I don't even know how roar was even considered, no other frame had to give up their best ability.

Rhino isn't giving up an ability. And if you read other replies, you will see that Roar is not the only ability coveted by players. I promise you, not everyone is going to put Roar on all of their 'Frames.

1,500 posts already! These questions I have will be buried deep.

1. What is the intensity and duration of Helminth skills? I know we will surely know this on 8/25. Would be nice to know for theory crafting 😁

2. For damage buffing abilities, what does this include and exclude? I get that Rhino 3 and Mirage 3, will not work together. How about  Volt 2 with Rhino 3? Or Saryn 3, Valkyr 2, Gauss 4 and so on. It could be a good idea to list all skills that do not work together. It will be very frustrating subsume a frame to obtain a specific skill, then find out it does not work on your main (or the frame you want to put the skill on).

3. I have concern with Helminth ability, empower. This could be a slippery slope for seriously ridiculous stuff. Example, I main Valkyr. Warcry is a skill you cast mostly once and is anchor of Valkyr currently. I assume empower will benefit from ability strength, so does skills. I can easily stack almost all ability intensity skills which will give me 321% (without Power Drift). If empower is additive, that maybe okay, but if it multiplicative, even a small base, you may start seeing some signature skills casted with close to 1,000% intensity. How about if I put Roar on Protea, align with passive, hit empower, then roar, and then a x10 damage for the entire squad? Will see how it works. It looks highly broken. 

4. I think taking Defy from Wukong is a a huge mistake. Having easily accessible 1,500 armor is a major concern. Why not put this on Mesa? 90% damage reduction + 1K HP + ~1,700 armor? Unless you walk in a nullifier, you are immortal. Having that on Inaros Prime will be nice. How about 1,500 armor on Valkyr? 6K armor coming right up. I think Wukong should give skill 2 instead.

20 hours ago, (PS4)NoOkLeEr said:

Why is there ALWAYS one person who sees the game get better and complains? 

Free stuff? More customization? Eff that NERF! Game needs to be more frustrating and less unique! 

SMH. This is why we can never have nice stuff. 

Of COURSE it shifts game balance. You'll be removing garbage abilities and placing super useful ones. The entire game will evolve. Let it land before you start complaining the game is too unique and fun. 

PREACH!

2 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Yes, we already have quite an imbalance between frames (especially in favor of the nuking and tank frames),

but skills like roar, eclipse, warcry, defy, dispenser and elemental ward increase these problems by giving those frames even more power (or eleminating energy hunger or giving survivalbility).

I don't worry about it. As one person said, he can do 95% of the group's damage, and if he can do 98% of the group's damage because he has roar, it won't affect the balance in any way.

Yes, but can we get a subsummed ability for my celestial twin to run missions straight orbiter to extraction on his own? Do I really need to go with him at this point now that I've discovered the Kuva Bramma? 

I kid, but I really do love that ability and I'm trying to figure out the ideal thing to replace his 3 for. I also love pets, so probably going to try a buff ability which works for my Omega Kubrows..

vor 22 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

How does it work?
To participate in the Helminth, you must obtain the ‘Helminth Segment’. This is acquired in the Heart of Deimos in the Entrati Syndicate and is then installed on your Orbiter in the Helminth Room to begin your Helminth journey!

Please put it early within the syndicate so that the people the system is designed for can start progressing it soon. I am very excited about the helminth system and it would be pretty disappointing if I had to wait like a month to even get the system, only to have to wait even longer on getting all my frames into the system.

Heart of Deimos and Helminth are not inherently connected, other than the unlock being placed in the syndicate there is no gameplay connection. Therefore it should be in one of the first 2 ranks and not later in my opinion.

Archived