The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

22 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

You know whats the problem buddy? When you invest hours to have a cool loadout then DE breaks the meta and your stuff is useless. 

Then you need to play what everybody is playing or suffer. 

It keeps happening. And this system is like the godlike version or this issue. 

Expect mains of niche frames get their souls shattered (Quiver on any frame)

Expect the Saryn with Piercing Roar deleting everything before you can reload

Expect the ShieldGatin abuse that will come with these shield restoring abilities

Expect the nuke frame with Ore Gaze (extra loot chance that scales with strength)
to abolish ALL OTHER LOOTING ABILITIES 

You dont understand, do you? This was supposed to be gimmicky and niche, but adding such abilities they are literally making Warframes irrelevant. 

Warframe, like everything else made for the public, is intended to be played by as many people as possible. Players operating on the 'meta' level, who min-max everything to the extremes, are actually the smallest group of players. Not everyone has the same play-style. DE has always tried to support the majority - playstyles, weapon uses, etc. When something becomes the go-to weapon/mod/'Frame for too large a percentage of the player population, DE "nerf"s it, not to punish the people using it, but to make every other choice equally as viable.

So yes, you will encounter min-maxers who will nuke the map before you can reload. THAT ALREADY HAPPENS (I'm looking at you, stupdendously powerful Saryn players). At the end of the day, the developers are aiming for the general populace, and those on the fringe will have adjust. This is true of every game, honestly, you just don't see that many games grow their player base for 7 years.

23 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

One little thing I hope you can consider changing. 

Make the subsume CD 23 hours instead of 24. Like with Formas it would be a good solution to have it at 23 hours incase someone cant log in perfectly each day to subsume.

The rest looks good and I'm happy and surprised with some of the skill donations.

That only makes sense if it is something that can be perpetually crafted/done. Formas can be crafted indefinetely as lon as you have the blueprints to do so, making it a daily thing.

Subsuming warframes is not exactly like that, there is a limited number of them. The system is not exactly designed for you to unlock it and chain dump every basic frame each day.

I understand your unending desire to have all the subsumed abilities in less than 2 months, I really do, but the thing is not designed to be like crafting forma. If there was a benefit of subsuming the same frame over and over, then YES that makes sense, but so far it seems perfectly reasonable to sacrifice 1 of each. The Flowers are cool, but you really going to go for flower garden from the start? Rather than the most useful abilities that make sense?

Do not worry, in a week you will still be able to have the spiciest of the spiciest abilities unlocked, and another week or two for the less exciting but good utility ones. if you waste a day in that process will you even care?

2 minutes ago, Do_High_Go said:

you really going to go for flower garden from the start?

i am :clem:i almost got already every frames possible to be fed to vore god. i'll just slap down into his disgusting self the one i'm mostly interested about, then i'll just throw everything else for a neat flower garden.

23 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

Will probably first try Wisp with Rhinos Roar instead of her 2nd. 🙂

I was thinking of something similar, but Mirage might be good too. Huge damage buff or a huge tank buff on a tankette warframe.

1 hour ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

Another point, I do not see any reason the Helminth is locked to MR 15. MR is not a measure of... anything, beyond MR 8-9. I know people with much less hours in the game than I do with much higher MR. I can probably increase my mastery rank by 1 or so a week if I want to. But I do not cuz that is #*!%ing boring and useless. So... what is the point of the MR limitation again? And I am MR 16, so this does not impact me.

MR 15 is the last rank where you unlock weapons (Kuva weapons and aklex P if I recall) My guess is DE feels that is the "max rank a number of people will bother getting" 

On 2020-08-12 at 2:28 PM, (PS4)NinjAsylum_ said:

No one cares about a PVE game being broken.  This is what we WANT.

Yeah I'm not sure people understand this.  I really think the game should allow for some crazy damage combos.  With people complaining about the press-4-to-win frames, so?  I think these changes are exciting.  Game balance should just mean it's not frustrating to play a specific warframe.  With this addition, I don't think it will be.

1 hour ago, FrostedMike said:

Here is a squad build:

• Trinity with Dispensary.
  • Volt with Shooting Gallery.
  • Harrow with Roar.
  • Chroma with Xata's Whisper.

Now there is a fast Eidolon hunt squad.

I'm not sure that Chroma can have Xata's Whisper and Vex Armor at the same time. In the case it can't, I will pick Dispensary for Chroma as well for more energy. Nourish also sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how much it will help.

Nourish or augmented smite would surely be better than shooting gallery. Also Larva seems much better on Nekros (and every frame that would want pull) than greedy pull. Easy solo arena farm.

I was thinking a lot of these ability swaps should really help solo play. I know it will also push the meta but as someone who solos a lot I like that idea of having Roar on my Nekros for farming.
Also, will allow so many "useless" frames to be playable.

1 minute ago, IceBen said:

So no Roar on Mirage for Eidolon hunts, will the augmented elemental buffs work?

Can't stack damage buffs on one frame, but with Roar and her 1 that could still be a better option.
Augments will work if they have the ability.

33 minutes ago, sirz_benjie said:

Yeah I'm not sure people understand this.  I really think the game should allow for some crazy damage combos.  With people complaining about the press-4-to-win frames, so?  I think these changes are exciting.  Game balance should just mean it's not frustrating to play a specific warframe.  With this addition, I don't think it will be.

There is nothing to understand. It's a matter of opinion. Many people feel that this update in its current state will make the game worse overall. In my opinion, the system overall is not a terrible idea, but many of the abilities available for transfer are the best abilities of a given warframe. Why would you play Rhino if another support frame can take his Piercing Roar along with the rest of the utility in their kit. For me, it will be incredibly frustrating to play Rhino knowing that every time I squad up, another frame will already cover my main contribution to the team.

1 minute ago, Ben_Pls_ said:

Why would you play Rhino if another support frame can take his Piercing Roar along with the rest of the utility in their kit.

Well, we're discussing it. Rhino is not only a damage boost, but also a good CC and survival rate. You might as well ask why people play Inaros, because it doesn't have any good abilities.

22 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Just use Larva. It's better.

rip line and larva are completely different abilities? I don't know what you are getting at. Larva is a great ability, but I was hoping to use rip line for mobility purposes and because it's fun to use.

2 minutes ago, Trippytrev said:
rip line and larva are completely different abilities? I don't know what you are getting at. Larva is a great ability, but I was hoping to use rip line for mobility purposes and because it's fun to use.

Try this: Blood Altar, Fire Walker, Reave

Lol the amount of clowns thinking everyone is a sheep that wants roar and eclipse. I don’t need stronger frames steel path isn’t even hard. I just wanted Mach rush on volt, but there’s a speed ability there as well. I been playing for 6 years and I had no idea roar n eclipse gave dmg buffs( Ima solo player) I don’t even have more than 2 hrs on rhino or mirage besides just level to 30 for mr. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)Kaiser_Rebellion said:

Lol the amount of clowns thinking everyone is a sheep that wants roar and eclipse. I don’t need stronger frames steel path isn’t even hard. I just wanted Mach rush on volt, but there’s a speed ability there as well. I been playing for 6 years and I had no idea roar n eclipse gave dmg buffs( Ima solo player) I don’t even have more than 2 hrs on rhino or mirage besides just level to 30 for mr. 

You played for 6 years, are competent enough to think "steel path isn't even hard", and didn't know roar and eclipse gave damage buffs?

Okay...

Just now, selig_fay said:

This is possible when you are not chasing worms on Eidolon.

I completely disagree. 6 years is a very long time to never heard about roar and eclipse... Unless you live in a cave, talking to no one and not interacting with the forums (which could very well be the case considering the person has 5 posts...).

1 hour ago, Rei_Volvixx said:

All the talk of balance aside...

The 'mouth' looks like a terrible puppet from the eighties or something, cartoony, stupid, and lame. I hope that gets changed because I utterly hate it.

It seems to look suspiciously like Audrey Two from "Little Shop of Horrors."  So... I'd guess that it's *intended* to look like a monster puppet that starred in a movie from the eighties (or early nineties, I forget.)

Archived