The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

2 minutes ago, Hardenum said:

I don't support mindless grinding. 

What if I'm only interested in 2-3 abilities? Ever thought of that? Or I'm only allowed to play the game the way 90% of the people play it?

That an opinion/personnel choice. In any game you have to put effort in for good stuff, MR is just "proven ability". You can choose to be a Low MR player but dont expect to have the same opportunitys as those who do put effort in.

1 hour ago, Hardenum said:

Excuse me, is this Mastery discrimination necessary? Mastery Rank is a weak measure of experience. I've been playing warframe since 2016 and I am proud of the fact that I have a low Mastery(MR10), I just don't support mindlessly grinding mastery fodders for some stupid points. Now I can't enjoy this awesome content? Is that what you're telling me?

You are probably troll. I cannot see how you can play without 10-16 weapons/frames/mods unless you pay for them. And if you pay... then it's the same as grinding mastery fodders.

I wonder if, would rhino players find iron skin more accessible of a subsumed skill? Or are you attempting to say that you want to only give up charge? while others give up their best would you only want to put your worst foot forward? Rhino will still have the best roar considering 1 power per config and empower ability.

Wisp, Ash and Valk are also giving up a skill that "mains" consider to be "the best". Why is your frame special?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

Wisp, Ash and Valk are also giving up a skill that "mains" consider to be "the best". Why is your frame special?

To be fair, Ash and Valkyr mains have been expressing exactly the same complaint. Wisp mains would be, too if she could give up her Reservoirs. 

6 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

To be fair, Ash and Valkyr mains have been expressing exactly the same complaint. Wisp mains would be, too if she could give up her Reservoirs. 

Reservoir is by far worse then breach surge but im not going to debate that. The point im making has less to do with who is complaining. And more to do with, Do you only want the worst skill of your frame to be subsumed? 

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

You played for 6 years, are competent enough to think "steel path isn't even hard", and didn't know roar and eclipse gave damage buffs?

Okay...

Yeah there’s a lot of basic knowledge i  Don’t know, I only play like twice a week due to work n school. I honestly just learned 2 months ago about DE and these forums. 

3 minutes ago, Nilly00 said:

I have to say that i am strictly against giving every warframe acess to a damage buffing ability. It will end up being mandatory on almost everyone. 

No, it won't. Except for Eidolon hunting, this is not mandatory. But we already have meta in Eidolon hunting, so there's no reason to worry that meta will change a bit here. The weapon was created only in order to do damage. Warframes may have a different meaning for the user.

On 2020-08-12 at 1:52 PM, Voltage said:

Oh boy. Here we go. This looks impossible to balance, and the damage ability buff restriction won't change much of anything. Let's see how it plays out.

After reading comments, and looking through these changes more than once, I am convinced that this will be nerfed after being released. It would be nice for DE to tune this or reconsider some decisions before launching so nobody is getting burned 😞 

bro they literally said #*!% it during the post. the point of the system is for the S#&$ to go crazy; stop trying to guilt people and just have fun putting Breach Surge on Garuda

42 minutes ago, --BENIO-- said:

One thing thats really giving me a headache is Hildryn's subsumed ability, how will blazing pillage work on other frames if it needs her haven to actually to something?

In the "What are my safeguards?" section, it sounds like that's not exactly a concern of theirs

1 minute ago, selig_fay said:

Lol, this looks like a lot of damage.

oh yeah, some guys on a discord server tested it out in co-op and said that the abilities multiply the damage and trigger one another. Actual Madness

2 minutes ago, TheOPG said:

oh yeah, some guys on a discord server tested it out in co-op and said that the abilities multiply the damage and trigger one another. Actual Madness

It's really about what you need to use the imagination when building. While others are trying to pick up meta things like rhino roar, other people will actually use strong things on unpopular frames. Yes, I think Garuda is not popular.

to compound on what I posted much earlier in the thread:

To further cut down on "being locked out of MR locked content", maybe, just maybe, build up to it? (not sure where this general feedback should go)

the second dream, you had to be MR3. 
the war within you had to be MR5. 
the sacrifice quest had no mr attached to it, just that you finished the chains of harrow and apostasy.
you couldn't spawn kuva liches without having the war within done, which still leaves you at MR5. (and since the weapons are already built, MR was not needed to claim weapons even though they have MR attached to them.)
the Silver Grove Quest for Titania is MR7. 
the New War - Railjack had MR requirement of MR10 because of needing paracesis to use on the red crystal in veil proxima but they removed it when the scarlet spear event dropped which brings you back to MR7 being the lowest needed (if you want all quests done) 
steel path is not MR locked except for the tier 6 bounty on earth and venus that required you to be MR10 but if you were taxied into the bounty, you got around needing that, that leaves you still MR7 as the lowest MR requirement.

so essentially the story content (is HoD story? or sidequest?) jumped from 7(8) to 15 with no build up. 
DE hyped this HoD and then smacked so many in the face with, oh you have to be MR15
(you're only feeding the helminth warframes (and resources) not weapons, so mr7 is literally the lowest needed to gain access to all non-prime warframes) 
(MR8 is when all relays are unlocked as well as all prime warframes and lowest rivens possible but not needed for story/quest content which is why I left it at MR7 as being the highest you would actually need)

so what then actually constitutes as experience? 
the fact that boosted tenno (high MR levels) took the time to try a bunch of different weapons and warframes (ie max them out and then toss them to the side or shove in a closet because they have their favorite mains after all)?
or tenno who can do arbitration, steel path, take out a kuva lich rank 5, even solo, and still be a low MR level?

there was no build up for the giant leap from 7 to 15. 
there was no incentive to actually MR upwards besides gaining access to more weapons, rivens, standing caps, void trace pool etc.  
(it'll take longer, but you can still gain standing with syndicates with low pools and with the right mods, (mostly) any weapon can be made good enough to clear missions even solo)

ie
syndicates had incentive to rank up, especially for the cetus and fortuna - new missions, new warframes, new weapons, amps, zaws, kitguns, etc. (ie. can't take on profit-taker unless you're max rank with SU) 
the other syndicates (steel meridian, new loka, suda, etc) had essentive to keep ranking up to keep gaining mods, weapons, cosmetics, etc. 
but we never had a actually had a reason to MR up beyond what was needed for storyline/quest content. 

can there be an implementation system going forwards that will give us further incentive to level up our MR (aside from oh now you have access to this weapon, that will most likely not replace your main) instead of remaining stagnant for so long? (could be personal preference due to some toxicity and stereotyping for low MR levels so they want to prove a point by staying low level (ie oh you're only mr7? you must be terrible, i'm not playing missions with you because I refuse to carry you)

it might cut back on some of the complaining about suddenly needing certain MR levels for newer content. 
does that make sense? 

but i can also see that with this new content being MR15, there won't be a huge saturation of people having mixed frames so they can test pool the group to see what needs nerfed or buffed, etc.  they could either raise it or lower the requirement if need be later on as desired. 

Man, that room was already pretty foul before this.  No BS, if you added an option to permanently forgo access to this system by choosing to eject the helminth chamber into the sun complete with a little cutscene where it burns up, and replace it with a simple med bay to just remove cysts, I'd take it without hesitation.  Hell, you could even make it a flavor thing that adjusts your alignment. :clem:

Archived