The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

En 12/8/2020 a las 14:32, ReDxDev1L dijo:

What will happen if we feed a frame with forma and an orokin reactor we should built another one so we wont lose them or something else ?

Are you really asking for that? i mean you already sell weapons and warframes and dont get those back, why this would be any different?

hace 1 hora, Unown256 dijo:

mr15? #*!%'s sake, guess i have to grind 4 more mastery ranks before i can actually play this large part of the new update 😠

this is the kind of complains that make me think that this game should have a mastery locked things a lot early like in tridolons hunting, profit taker, arbitrations, you should not be afraid of be in a party full of mr 6 excaliburs doing end game content, plague star also have the same problem a lot of newbies that dont do a thing to the enemies and makes things longer or harder, probably this feature dont need MR lock but i hope that they put those on open world bosses and endgame modes, like if see a mr6 excal on steel path i am gonna rage quit and leave alone that guy.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

-snip-

Some of these are great, while some are not what I'd like for them. A bit too tired to go through all of them, but I'd like to comment on a few of them:

Ash - Shuriken
No need to make the hold version so "buffed" with crits and whatnot, nor is the combo thing needed in general. Just make hold = forward cast shurikens with increased flight speed, so you have control. If anything, give those straightflying ones some punchthrough instead? Adding the sloweffect is nice though, I like that a lot. I'd also like to add one more thing:

While any enemy is bleeding from Shuriken, at any time if they would die from the Shuriken's (and Bladestorm's) amount of bleed-damage applied to the enemy, that bleed damage is dealt right away, killing the target. (Btw, in your Ash thread, look for more feedback from me on your ideas!)

Banshee - Slience

Giving Silence a "pseudo-stealth" effect is excellent, but I'd make it more reliable (no need to make the alarm complication), so it can be used as a potent avoidance-survival tool in her kit. Something like this:
If enemies are affected by Silence, their field of vision is also greatly reduced (could be "hiding" ALL allies, or just Banshee) - if logic is needed, see it as Silence causing some kind of disrupting mega-ringing noise in their heads, to the point of blurring their vision and such.

Equinox - Rage

Imo, keep the enemy movement speed-up - BUT - make it first stagger/stun the enemies very briefly, then disarm enemies while they are affected, forcing them to run in with their melee weapons (most notably, synergy with her own Maim)

Frost - Ice Wave

Slash-proc (not chance-based, please) would be nice, so it has some offensive use. Increased damage on frozen targets is logical and synergistic. I'd also add that it could push away frozen enemies (instead of Snow Globe doing so).

Khora - Ensnare

Ensnare is fine as the Helminth choice imo, but needs better self-synergy for Khora herself. Like: If an Ensnare-target is within 8/10/12/15 meter radius (modifiable) of a Strangledome, it will link itself to the Strangledome (including then sharing Whipclaw damage between the Ensnare and Strangledome targets, and granting the Whipclaw-damageboost to Strangledome targets too). Can link to both her Strangledomes, if range and line of sight permits it. That way, Ensnare will not be as forgotten in her kit, I bet.

Limbo - Banish (+ Grendel - Nourish)

They need bigger tweaking than that, imo: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1210621-limbo-and-grendel-reworks-partially-in-reaction-to-heart-of-deimos-ability-swapping/

19 hours ago, Hardenum said:

What if I'm only interested in 2-3 abilities? Ever thought of that?

I did. It doesn't really change anything about my argument. You benefit more from this system by having a large number of warframes to give new powers to. You're still asking to participate in a system where the entire point is to grind up warframes to enhance other warframes, with warframes giving mastery. Someone who can actually take advantage of this system really can't be low MR, since the entire system is rooted in dissolving things that give MR in order to add more power to other things that give MR. Just by participating in it you would naturally raise your MR. We aren't talking something arbitrary like locking a powerful gun behind mastery or something, we're talking about a system that's much more deeply entwined with mastery - the way the system works, you're encouraged to build a large stable of warframes to both feed to helminth, and to add new powers to. The whole system is about collecting warframes and hence collecting mastery, so complaining about the system being MR locked such that people who only have a couple warframes can't participate is silly.

Especially because going forward DE intends to add new frames into this system. We already have Xata, an unreleased frame with powers we don't know much about, getting added concurrently with the system. You might only want 2-3 abilities now, but what if a new frame comes out in a couple months with a new power that synergizes great with your playstyle that you simply have to have?  What if DE reworks a frame's abilities as they sometimes do and suddenly an old power takes on new life in your playstyle? Suddenly you're farming up another frame and earning mastery.

Sorry bro, but this system at its core design doesn't really play nice with people who don't want to acquire MR. In a real sense it's all about acquiring MR. Hence "why can't ammo mutation work on my swords???"

On 2020-08-12 at 4:30 PM, Pizzarugi said:

Why not? Nuke mains seem to think so, what with turning the game into a walking simulator for everyone else just by mashing one button.

Try playing survival or excavation on solo. I have, the spawns are terrible.

If DE does something to fix the bad solo spawns, I'd agree with your point.

Again, press-4-to-win frames seem to think otherwise.

Also, it's pretty presumptive to say I want other players to play like me. Not at all, I just don't want people to nuke all of the fun out of the game by pushing 1 button and walking straight to extraction.

I agree, plus I like having enough enemies spawn so I can reliably play survival or excavation.

I have done every Survival and Excavation mission in Steel Path solo and the spawns are fine. Again, you keep ignoring the fact that there are more modes than just Public and Solo. Set to invite only and only invite people who play the way you want them to play or Set to friends only and play with your friends. When you are set to Public, you cannot expect to control how randoms are going to play. That is completely unrealistic and only leads to frustration on your part. Furthermore, DE does not need to implement a "blacklist" function. I again direct your attention to Friends Only and Invite Only. Problem solved.

On 2020-08-12 at 7:27 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

What exactly is going on here with the Warframe Subsuming?

Warframes that are Subsumed join the Helminth in an eternal bond. They will live on in a Lotus flower that matches the colours of the Subsumed Warframe, as a permanent honor. See below for an example of the Helminth garden after 5 Subsumes:

Reveal hidden contents

I'll never do that. It's so depressing... 😢 Just seeing that image already gave me half a trauma.

👎

🖕 "Helminth"

Not gonna lie but as varying as this list is I guarantee that only a handful of abilites are going to be used. Like why would a meta player take shock when they can use Elemental ward?

And its really not a problem with elemental ward, its a problem with shock. I get that some warframes have abilities that when combined with certain frames would just break them but, if say i wanted to replace radial craplin-i mean javelin, why would i choose a lower powered ability. I personally like shock, will most likely use roar though or breach surge or condemn. That doesn't mean shock's gonna get a lot of hits.

I think another point to be made is that while some of these abilities look great, some only have the power level that they have in their respective main warframe. Like molt, which with one of its more interesting uses is to place spores on it.

This is a great idea and probably needs to be test run regardless and hell i could be very wrong but players always flock to the best stuff so yeah.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

This is a great idea and probably needs to be test run regardless and hell i could be very wrong but players always flock to the best stuff so yeah.

lets some forget some players might as well jsut replace abilities that they don't EVER use with better abilities, like roar, yeah. not because it's "the best" , but because it's just "convenient" . they know they'll eventually use it, whenever when, but it will always be better than "that" ability they KNOW they won't be using, as opposed to more damage.

which may show more a problem with the said ability that the receiving warframe have than the good ability being given.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

Like why would a meta player take shock when they can use Elemental ward?

Because Shock Trooper. 

I understand if you were asking a question about choosing between Molt and Decoy, but I found Decoy very useful for Ash teleport.

as someone who sold the normal version, i am screwed if i want to complete it .
i wanted we could use primes , but instead of sacrificing it , the helmith would study it, taking 3 days to so , giving it back and taking another day to create the ability , it is super slow but not so screwy as having to farm and build everything again .

On 2020-08-12 at 4:00 PM, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

play solo and stop complaining about other players opting into their own playstyles. it seems really dumb to be mad at other players for playing effectively.

Apparently he does not know how to keep the spawns up in solo Survival and he apparently struggles to run solo Excavation and from the way he keeps ignoring the Friends Only and Invite Only modes, it looks and feels like he does not have that many friends who play and I have to presume nobody wants to accept an invite from him. That, or he just likes to take any opportunity to hate on people who can outkill and outdamage him in any map. my best advice to him is two words: Git gud!

2 hours ago, selig_fay said:

Because Shock Trooper. 

I understand if you were asking a question about choosing between Molt and Decoy, but I found Decoy very useful for Ash teleport.

Imagine a nova with ice ward or a shock ward on a hildryn?

Its not that shock trooper is bad, its that ward is much more useful on almost any frame

On 2020-08-12 at 10:55 AM, jesusdh said:

Mastery should be increased to 20+.

EDIT: No ultimare or signature abilities. Me, Valkyr main, staring at that Warcry. How dare you give my kitty cry to those unworthy fools?!

God, I know right? 😕 At least those filthy heathens still can't touch our sweet, sweet immortality and rageclaws.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

Imagine a nova with ice ward or a shock ward on a hildryn?

Its not that shock trooper is bad, its that ward is much more useful on almost any frame

This looks interesting on Hildryn, but not on Nova. Also, it doesn't make sense for me to use it on those frames that are designed so as not to take a lot of damage, which means that the only useful bonus is the speed of reloading and changing weapons, which I don't need.

Archived