Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

Rest & Rage would be better if it was tap or hold for either. I don't like being confined to using one part of the ability based on my energy color. Then I would have to change my colors to fit, and wouldn't be able to use the other. Also, get ready for Banish trolls. Tbh, I wouldn't mind if Limbo was left out.

9 minutes ago, PlayerOO1 said:

rip us valkyr mains as valkyr now falls even further into obsolescence, her main useful ability, warcry, can now be put on anything

Valkyr getting access to the elemental damage augments (Shock, Nourish, Smite, etc.) or Roar makes up for that, easy. If DE won't buff the Kitty, we will.

is there any chance we can get an explanation on why ability augments weren't included in this system? seems like a natural place to put them, and could even be done where you subsume the mod if you've already subsumed the frame itself.

this allows you to have your cake and eat it too, new players get to play with augments (although the odds new players can rack up enough standing in syndicates before hitting MR15 to get access to them would be a good question) and vets get to stop asking for an augment slot.

you could even limit it to 1 augment per config, which would have the added benefit of forcing vets to regrind syndicates for extra copies of mods (in addition to the base frames we just had to grind out in preparation for the update, which reminded me how annoying the equinox grind is) to play with multiple augments.

i dunno, it just seems like a win-win for all involved

I'm pretty sure, that everyone has a "canvas-frame" in mind, to do some happy little accidents with 😉 I got questions regarding this new Helminth system. I'm wondering:

What happens, if you rework a frame and someone has an altered version of it? Will it stay in the altered form or does it get upgraded to reworked state? Do we get to choose?!

If you guys decide, to rework a frame that my Helminth previously consumed, what happens to the ability? And what happens to the frames, that have been infused the ability in question?

Ty for the much appreciated heads up

3 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

Well of Life and Blood Altar are so much alike I wonder why both are helminth abilities.

Well of Life I believe will heal static objects, whereas Blood Altar will not. Besides, WoL is flat and damage-based healing, while BA heals a percentage of missing health.

Also, 1 WoL versus 3 BAs.

7 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Well of Life I believe will heal static objects, whereas Blood Altar will not.

Ohhhh, I'll take that one then. Thanks, that's way better!

edit: and I just saw that Well of Life is now changed to % based healing so of course I'll take it.

12 minutes ago, GerberaOverture said:

"maining" something in warframe is a sure way to be obsolete. common knowledge.

issa meme, but your reasoning somehow doesnt seem to apply to saryn mains for example

You can main a frame without only using that frame. i prefer using valkyr for almost anything but for SS i used limbo and for spy i use loki, generally tho i preferred using valkyr. That did not cause her to become obsolete lol

58 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

What is Subsuming? 
In addition to Helminth’s own Abilities, you can Subsume a Warframe to obtain 1 specific Ability permanently in Helminth’s memory (list below). We do not allow the Subsuming of any Prime Warframes, but you can Infuse Abilities on Prime Warframes! 

Subsuming is the act of permanently providing a base Warframe into the Helminth’s biology. 1 Warframe can be subsumed every 23 hours. The Warframe can be any Rank. 

There are two things I want to say about that:
1). I hope players will be able to Subsume multiple copies of the same Warframe for the sake of Helminth XP gain, even at reduced rate. Even at 10% of the original (first) Subsumption. Note: I'm not asking here for having multiple abilities Subsumed from the same Warframe, as it's clearly not the intention yet;
2). Suggestion: allow Players to get back part of their investment into regular Warframe (if they had any) on Subsumption, let's say, as a part of Helminth ranking up system, like a Rank 7 passive would allow to keep half of the Formas (rounded down?) or a Reactor or a Lens to be refunded upon Subsuming said Warframe. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- You can replace 1 Ability per Warframe.

This can also be expanded in the future updates to the system, like making possible to replace two Abilities per Warframe. Hopefully it won't be abandoned after the initial update is finished like it happened with alignment choices.

38 minutes ago, Dexal said:

Have you read this?

But would it count abilities that only work as buffs when augmented? Like, for example, can I replace Oberon's 4 with augmented Volt's 1? By default, Oberon's 1 isn't a "Damage buffing ability".   

25 minutes ago, Cryonet2 said:

Ooh. So if I subsume... lets say, Chroma.

I GET A PERMENANT DAMAGE BUFF?!

*lens flaring maximizes*

Y O U F O O L S

*realizes that its Elemental Ward and not Vex Armor*

I GET A PERMENANT RELOAD/HOLSTER RATE BUFF?! EVEN BETTER BECAUSE DAMAGE MEETS DIMINISHING RETURNS! (sounds great to replace Mesa's 1, as an example).
Base Armour buff is also a nice idea, come to think of it... 

19 minutes ago, Gaikki said:

I don't think DE has been sold to Tencent yet. At least, I haven't seen any update on those. And look, the game's already god bodies getting chopped up vertically and stuff.

The chinese version doesn't. It has bore basically turned off and then some. 

There's no blood or gore or skeletons in the Chinese version. Sometimes that carries over to the main game. 

I mean one thing I really wanted for open world is hunting. Not just preservation, but hunting as well. Skinning animals and hanging their heads as trophies. Similar to red dead redemption 2 

1 час назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

Thank you very much for reading

Emmm... thanks for the notes. Some things seems broken a bit. If Eclipse is more or less situational buff, which mostly shine in Open World areas, Roar is your constant always ready damage buff though. Now if these damage alterations are even needed? hard to say, but in my opinion they are not needed at all, i mean, we can play starchart with Braton,Skana and Lato without any problems... and the Steel Path as well to be honest.

Certain abilities like Larva, Dispensory, Resonator, Shuriken etc. will be a good QoL improvements, but not very game breaking in my opinion. I mean, we can gain energy from many different sources, like Exodia Brave, Supra Vandal, Focus, Arcane Energize etc. We hard CC mobs in the majority of cases as well. Shuriken... yeah it will help certain frames that can't strip armor, but honestly armor stripping only matters for long survival runs or for the Steel Path game mode.

I think that thing you guys are about do with Helminth, is a nice feature for the game. But i, personally won't be rushing to build warframes to scarifice until i see the final list of abilities i will be able to swap between frames.

Larva+Magnetize seems fun though... like... very fun. very, very fun.

Again, thanks for the update.

I'm confused. MR isn't a very effective gauge of experience. It's an effective gauge of how willing you were/are to raise the rating by equipping trash weapons and frames you have no desire to use explicitly to farm mastery rating.

I'm in the situation of having 800 hours(not sure how much of that was afk admittedly) on Steam, and only closing in on MR 13 because I never saw the need to go any higher.

And of course, the affinity event just ended right as you informed us of this prerequisite, so now it's twice as hard to close the gap as it needed to be. Luckily I leveled a few frames while it was ongoing, though not nearly enough.

Just wish I had known a bit sooner is all. 

Archived