Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

Just now, CopperBezel said:

They're explicitly not changing the base abilities as said in the post itself. The rationale is also explained, they wanted these abilities but not to the same degree as on the other frames. I don't think this is hard.

Dunno about you, but I can't imagine using Dispenser without Equilibrium, which makes it a full energy restore on the first drop.

Okay, I think you mistaking my question to DE Megan for one that doesn't understand the words; totally fair. She says in the closing that these changes are instead of changing the abilities wholesale, this can be taken as replacing which warframe abilities are offered by the Helminth Subsuming or changing the base; this isn't clarified, thus part of my question to her but I thank you for your opinion. Secondly, I would like the Dev rationale, not that I think you are giving me a sorta meaningless little one liner here, but its missing the point of my question while seeming to not understand why one might ask it.

1 minute ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

Was it not proclaimed to be an veteran/experienced player thing? Make it Mastery 29 requirement,assuring people played all frames before scavenging abilities. Make it cost like 1 million polymer bundle,2 Million Ferrite or  sth like 1k Neurodes for each ability so its hard to unlock ALL abilities

you know, not everyone no life the game. some people have a work. some people have a life.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

AUGUST 19TH UPDATE:

Greetings, Tenno!

The launch of Heart of Deimos grows near, and we have some Helminth updates since we last posted! Below are 2 parts of updated/clarifying information that touches both Infused Warframe Abilities and the Helminth Segment acquisition.  

PART 1 - Changes to select Infused Warframe Abilities

Please keep in mind we’re still testing/playing around with the values for each, hence why the values are not present below:

The following only apply to Infused Warframe Abilities:

Rhino - Roar
Diminished Damage increase

Mirage - Eclipse
Diminished Damage increase and cap Damage Reduction 

Valkyr - Warcry
Attack speed increase reduced

Protea - Dispenser
Duration reduced

Nidus - Larva
Radius reduced

Wukong - Defy
Armor capped

Why do these Infused Warframe Abilities have these rules?
It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.

PART 2 - Helminth Segment Acquisition

As already indicated in this Dev Workshops original post, the Helminth Segment is acquired in the Heart of Deimos in the Entrati Syndicate. To expand on that, this means you’ll need to progress within the Entrati Syndicate located within the Necralisk to obtain the Helminth Segment before you can start experimenting with everything Helminth. 

Without spoiling too much, the Helminth Segment is currently obtained in Rank 3 of the Entrati Syndicate. This reminder is simply to set expectations on what you’ll have access to upon logging into the Heart of Deimos. 

That’s all for now!

When will bad abilities finally be made better rather than good abilities worse. This entire application of the "make all options a good/better choice" is so stupid. Terrible abilities will be bad until you Make. Them. Better. Nerfing good abilities will not.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Faith No 45 said:

Why couldn't they buff the rest? 

Because it would require buffing the base abilities on the original frames. It would make no sense to have to feed a Zephyr to your Zephyr for a stronger Airburst, or for Zephyr to be cursed to be the only frame with a weaker one. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb mikakor:

you know, not everyone no life the game. some people have a work. some people have a life.

I am not no living this game,i am an old player,someone who this was supposed to aim at,not new players that played for a few months,no people like me that played for years. Just because there is something new in the game that doesn't mean EVERYONE should have access to it,especially to something SO powerful as this

25 minutes ago, Sahansral said:

Thanks DE for taking our feedback into consideration!
At least now we have the chance to choose among roughly equal viable options instead cookie-cutter builds.
Win! 😎 

nah, that's a lose for player. we get worse abilities that may not even be worth using over the original frames, killing the system. if you're able by some twisted mental gymnastic to think that it's a win, then i suppose you getting a promised toy that was amazing and a bad one, and suddenly the awesome toy gets broken, is equal for you to a win. yeah, everything is equally bad now 🙂 you don't know that it's a lose for the true players.

Mastery rank 8. there was nothing wrong with the MR 15 requirement before. Why was it lowered so much? that like goes against the whole reason the MR lock was there in the first place that was said repeatedly.  Like its one of the rare and only things in the game that had that MR requirement, as we' dont even have weapons at that MR requirement yet to build. Giving the impression its supposed to be a late game thing for experienced players. 

An MR8 doesnt even count for that. Thats still star chart progression MR. Will be able to use the Hemlith stuff before rivens even.  MR being all the way at 8 feels way too low for this. Was nothing wrong with the MR15 to me. I wouldnt even advise anyone under MR12 to even mess with this, as they're still learning the fundamentals of the game at that point, let alone warframes themselves.

so, there is the rule to nerf, so we also get the rule to buff all the useless junk most other frames throw at us, correct?
instead of nerfing them you should have just switched the ability, and see how the community reacts tbh, there are other abilities these warframes have that make them, they have more than 1 ability.

a small thought for the helminth system, which could have been really nice. now they're nerfing the abilities and try to balance it around MR8 players, while listening to doom sayers and starting to nerf stuff up BEFORE EVEN getting statistics. and without listening as to WHY these abilities would be picked.

in their mind, someone picking anything else other than Zephyr's ability will make them believe that the said other ability must be broken, one way or another.

As someone who's been helping a couple of people get into and play through the game for the past few months, they're already within the MR8 range by the time August 25th rolls around and I really do not feel like they're remotely well-equipped to get into the Helminth sandbox. People reach MR10 and below relatively quickly nowadays and only a few weeks in Deimos would get them started on trying to understand an entirely new system in the game that was never intended for them in the first place. Please reconsider the Mastery change before launch

17 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Lol. Make it 20 or something. 15 was too low. What happened to this system being for the more progressed players?

Mastery Rank 8 is only ~7.39% of the current game's Mastery. That's a joke.

0 or 29, it doesn't matter, MR doesn't show progression, it's just a grind, a pointless one i might add.

It makes perfect sense- the og warframe ability being stronger than the subsumed one, it ensures warframe's fans feel good about their favorite frames.
However, some of the abilities already being relatively lackluster, a solution, in these cases, would be to keep the subsumed abilities with original values and buff the ones for og frames.

17 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

I'm sorry but this should not be lowered to MR 8. That's not much of a progression for this new system. 

Ya know, i was actually looking forward to it but not knowing that roar etc. is gonna be super strong after so many years of development? How? And then hyping people up while they grind frames or even buy frames for plat and then disappoint a good bunch of us even BEFORE it could release? Just WOW.

Archived