Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

18 minutes ago, tennomantra said:

It makes perfect sense- the og warframe ability being stronger than the subsumed one, it ensures warframe's fans feel good about their favorite frames.

People don't have to be special because they have a frame with a set of abilities. this system is advertised as being able to use the ability of a frame to it's full extent. if people complain about not feeling good that their warframe favorite gives an ability, either they're wrong, because that would only make the game better, or blind, because they themselves win 42 other abilities.

Anyone who's been playing this game for a long time expected this. 

DE nerfs things based off of two things and two things only:

1. The loud minority. They're the loudest, they MUST be correct, right? You can see this in this thread alone. 

2. Their usage pie charts that ignore context of WHY things are used and usually result in the "it's used allot so it MUST be overpowered" mindset which is provably false. 

If I was to be grateful about anything in this recent update, it'd be that you guys nerfed it BEFORE it was released. Usually you'll wait until the majority of players who'll purchase said item do and THEN nerf it. Actually, you kinda did this.. As I know 5 people personally who purchased warframes for this system.. 

2 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

0 or 29, it doesn't matter, MR doesn't show progression, it's just a grind, a pointless one i might add.

It DOES matter since it says o had to play a least amount of stuff and you also try things out or do you wanna say people just stand afk during lvling their frames? 😛

The system is not even out and they are already nerfing it. Some of these abilities won't even be that much useful on some warframes builds if not build for that specific ability. Also how about you buff all the other really awful options than to nerf the obviously good ones that would provide much more fun. Why do you always need to do that. I was really positivly surprised when you revealed the system but now I'm looking forward to that update less and less... Well done DE as always...

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

Really? Come on now. 

You really think it's a good decision to make such low level players TRANSFER WARFRAME ABILITIES  while they can't own base pyrana?

Honestly the number should be bumped up if anything at all.

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

As someone who's been helping a couple of people get into and play through the game for the past few months, they're already within the MR8 range by the time August 25th rolls around and I really do not feel like they're remotely well-equipped to get into the Helminth sandbox. People reach MR10 and below relatively quickly nowadays and only a few weeks in Deimos would get them started on trying to understand an entirely new system in the game that was never intended for them in the first place. Please reconsider the Mastery change before launch

You've pretty much said what I said too. at less than MR12 I wouldnt even recommend the hemlith system even being available. As many players at that MR range are still learning the fundamentals, let alone the warframes.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)NatK98 said:

Anyone who's been playing this game for a long time expected this. 

DE nerfs things based off of two two and two things only:

1. The loud minority. They're the loudest, they MUST be correct, right? You can see this in this thread alone. 

2. Their usage pie charts that ignore context of WHY things are used and usually result in the "it's used allot so it MUST be overpowered" mindset which is provably false. 

@[DE]Megan @[DE]Rebecca here. important things for the team to see and understand. that this, is wrong. that the way this new update was handled is WRONG.

and i seriously hope that the feedback when this new system arrive will be strong enough to backtrack on these nerfs.

59 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Give us numbers, NUMBERS I say

RIP bro.  I don't think they willing to give us the way we wanted, they are nerfing it hard before it comes out.  All we can say "Boo Volt Shock". RIP.

All I know, that DE knew that Rhino's roar is too powerful and really too extremely powerful.

3 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

0 or 29, it doesn't matter, MR doesn't show progression, it's just a grind, a pointless one i might add.

Considering Deimos will accessed through Mars, if no MR requirement is implemented, a new player could potentially get they're hands on the ability swap very early on

There needs to be something

4 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

XP levels are standard in so many games. If you want to stay at MR 16, you do you, but things should start being gated at 20, the halfway mark, especially with power like the Helminth system. If you want to partake in every system the game has to offer, you should have to gain the main XP levels to do so.

21 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

"Please return my Warframe" threads incoming. Jokes aside this is way too low. We already see what happened when Kuva Lich launched.

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

>experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 8 Prerequisite). 

Is this a joke? 

ah yes MR8, the people that don't even know who Baro is, that haven't finished the main story of the game and are just now introduced to the Riven system, also get another broken system thrown at them.

@[DE]Megan this really should have been MR20 or have the requirement of having maxed every frame (or a variant of it) MR15 was already too low for this

1 minute ago, (PS4)IrOrphanCrippler said:

Even 1000 would be too low. Arcanes can give more then his current cap. Armor DR has mass diminishing returns. Defy doesn't make sense to cap

Exactly, they will nerf it to the ground like they always do with new updates & never going to touch it again

Anyone on the forums can tell you that I'm all for nerfing overpowered abilities, but the question you should probably be asking is why everyone wanted those ones.

Maybe you should be making sure that all of the abilities you added to the system were actually worth having, because clearly many abilities in this game were simply fluff that was thrown in because frames needed 4 abilities before you could release them. 

There shouldn't be a single ability on that list that you have to have a fanboy justify its use through some niche purpose. Every single one should've had practical use in most missions...and many abilities in this game don't even have practical use on the frame they were designed for....

MR literally has no meaning at this point. "This system is certainly not for newer players" then WHY did you give it to MR 8's. When someone joins warframe they ask, oh what do you do later on in the game, and all I can say is NOTHING because there is no system which requires you to have HIGHER MR for HIGHER end players. Please for the love of god revert it to MR 15.

23 minutes ago, mikakor said:

-snip-

Oh come on. Just imagine that DE would made this 6 abilties totally unavailable instead of toning them down, each and every frame still would get stronger and more interesting with the remaining abilitites in comparison to now.
I saw enough OP things in this game that took the fun out of the game.

27 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Mr 8 it's too low, mr 8 players have a lot to do already, lot to learn and lot to farm, and they will be overwhelmed by this. I'm not "flaiming" new player but this is just too low.

Just now, Voltage said:

XP levels are standard in so many games. If you want to stay at MR 16, you do you, but things should start being gated at 20, the halfway mark, especially with power like the Helminth system. If you want to partake in every system the game has to offer, you should have to gain the main XP levels to do so.

but you don't explain WHY we should do it.

You expect me to raise 4 MRs, grinding pointless content because what? you told me to?

So raids where what, MR3 gated, trading MR2, but helmith should be 20. Absolutely reasonable...............-____-

Archived