Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Helminth: Dev Workshop

[DE]Rebecca

hace 5 minutos, KIREEK dijo:

0 or 29, it doesn't matter, MR doesn't show progression, it's just a grind, a pointless one i might add.

He is right, I planned ahead to get from MR 10 -> MR 15 by launch (2 week plan) by just farming frames and weapons as much as I could and I know I could be playing for months before I reach that at my current playstyle. MR is not a reliable base to say if someone is a begginer or not.

1 minute ago, Sahansral said:

Oh come on. Just imagine that DE would made this 6 abilties totally unavailable instead of toning them down, each and every frame still would get stronger and more interesting with the remaining abilitites in comparison to now.
I saw enough OP things in this game that took the fun out of the game.

we would still be left with more mediocres abilities. that's a FACT. there's the good, and the bad one. if everything's left is the abd abilities, then it was a negative.

Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 8 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth. <------- THIS MAKES NO SENSE. I'm sorry but MR8 is NOT very experienced WHATSOEVER

1 minute ago, PachucaSunrise said:

why lower to MR8? you are giving way too many things to low level players. Rivens, Liches, and now this. makes no sense

Its actually more overwhelming for new players which dont even have good weapons to kill stronger enemies then complain and enemies got nerfed xD

1 minute ago, ---Swaggi--- said:

Yeah so its no suffering to farm a medaillon which just give 1k freaking standing AND has a ridiculous drop chance in only one game mode? xD

hey, they wanted to feel like they actually accomplished something. that's a change from the real life world for them. kinda like a medal 😛

when you think about it, the universal medallion farm was actually harder than the conclave farm.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

AUGUST 19TH UPDATE:

Greetings, Tenno!

The launch of Heart of Deimos grows near, and we have some Helminth updates since we last posted! Below are 2 parts of updated/clarifying information that touches both Infused Warframe Abilities and the Helminth Segment acquisition.  

PART 1 - Changes to select Infused Warframe Abilities

Please keep in mind we’re still testing/playing around with the values for each, hence why the values are not present below:

The following only apply to Infused Warframe Abilities:

Rhino - Roar
Diminished Damage increase

Mirage - Eclipse
Diminished Damage increase and cap Damage Reduction 

Valkyr - Warcry
Attack speed increase reduced

Protea - Dispenser
Duration reduced

Nidus - Larva
Radius reduced

Wukong - Defy
Armor capped

Why do these Infused Warframe Abilities have these rules?
It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.

PART 2 - Helminth Segment Acquisition

As already indicated in this Dev Workshops original post, the Helminth Segment is acquired in the Heart of Deimos in the Entrati Syndicate. To expand on that, this means you’ll need to progress within the Entrati Syndicate located within the Necralisk to obtain the Helminth Segment before you can start experimenting with everything Helminth. 

Without spoiling too much, the Helminth Segment is currently obtained in Rank 3 of the Entrati Syndicate. This reminder is simply to set expectations on what you’ll have access to upon logging into the Heart of Deimos. 

That’s all for now!

how to ruin hype, 
i mean yeah its logical to nerf these but i hope the nerf isnt way too much like to the point where you just ignore the helminth segment all together

58 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Wukong - Defy

You realize the only reason why overwhelming majority of players looking for a survivability increase would pick Defy only because the other options are simply godawful? Defy isn't even that stellar, it's rather annoying to use with the long cast time forced on you by having to soak enemy damage, and relying on enemy damage to get the buff to begin in. But let's see what else we have.

Null Star - practically no value unless it completely dictates how you mod your frame, and even then it also needs an augment slot. Very few frames, if any, would be able to use the rest of their kit effectively under those conditions.

Eclipse - far too unreliable. It's something you'd take when you don't really need anything, but might as well take something extra. Absolutely not the right choice when you really need one of the things it offers.

Elemental Ward, Warcry armor buff - those work off of the frame's base stats so again, no value at all for frames that need survivability to begin with.

But I guess hitting Defy and bringing it to the same level is easier than examining why no one cares for the other defensive abilities, eh?

And you know, you picked Defy as subsumable ability and created the entire problem yourself to begin with, even though Celestial Twin would have been a 100% fine and consequence-free option. The damage we deal is already beyond overkill for pretty much all content that people do without going outside the intended gameplay loop, so who cares if everyone gets a clone, big whoop. Not every frame would even be able to make good use of it because it needs some base survivability unless you want to spend your life recasting it constantly.

So what's next? Ability disposition? Exceptions to exceptions to exceptions? Having to read an entire wiki article to know the difference between an ability in it's natural state and the helminth version? Currently it's exaggeration of course, but the way signs are starting to align, it doesn't seem that unlikely anymore.

I dont see why we need to make every part of the game available to players in the first few weeks. Can we get some endgame please? Also how many new Players will mistakenly sacrifice their warframes and later regret it? Because MR8 is ***** NEW and in no way or form experienced at all. Please revert this DE.

Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 8 Prerequisite).

I'm not against changing the MR requirement, but at the very least, stop selling and promoting this as a thing for "experienced" players then. MR8 can barely be called intermediate. My guess would be that you don't want to experience another Empyrean situation, but if you are going forward with this try to be truthful.

Abilities should be balanced and meaningful, but MR8 seems too low. I've seen low MR players frequently mismanage resources/time and get overwhelmed by many of the already existing systems (e.g. accidentally spawning Kuva Liches, forgetting about Focus entirely unless they fight against Eidolons).

Unlocking the Helminth this early will potentially reduce the game's clarity for these players, maybe even give them the impression that Warframe is much grindier than it actually is.

9 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

but you don't explain WHY we should do it.

You expect me to raise 4 MRs, grinding pointless content because what? you told me to?

So raids where what, MR3 gated, trading MR2, but helmith should be 20. Absolutely reasonable...............-____-

No. But when de said that the system is for "very experienced warframe players", I expected the MR required to match that of the highest MR requirement in game. Currently MR 16 riven mods. 

28 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

I'm not sure if the funniest part is the 1 week experienced players or the fact it got pushed just before the MR9 test so many people complain about because it's been even more infuriating than before since the enemy detection changes with the Fortuna update. game design amirite fellas.

17 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

0 or 29, it doesn't matter, MR doesn't show progression, it's just a grind, a pointless one i might add.

MR does matter, a lot actually, and you know it does. You have over 7k hrs in game with almost all operations done, you know that over time, things change, new things come out, some things die.

You may be mr16 but you have probably enough experience to get to MR20+ if you wanted to. An mr8 with one loadout semi-optimal does not have the same experience as an mr 29 with all weapons fully optimized and tested

I genuinely have no idea what point you're trying to prove by staying at mr16.... maybe you're just there to reassure the 20 hour mr7s that think they know everything about the game... 

So is this, "We realized so many of these abilities were worthless, i.e. not going to get used, so instead of fixing those or choosing better abilities from those frames, we've chosen the laziest option and decided to nerf the useful abilities"? Or is it like the Universal Medallion situation, where they listen to the complaints of a small segment of their playerbase ("the sky is falling, my favorite frame will never be used again!" segment) over the rest of us and nerfed a system before anyone could actually try it out and they could see if changes were needed? Maybe a bit of both? 

MR8 is way to early rly, railjack should be MR8 or above and this should be MR20. Lichs are with MR5 way to early in this game... rly... 
Yes MR only says how much u grind but it also shows what weapons/frames u can use and how much *exp* u have in this game...
Better: Say u can only Unlock this after u got all frames (normal)... THIS would show what a guys saw all frames and have a idea what he can do...

34 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

What??? But that does nopt even make sense from a bussines level... Did someone complain again in twitter like the Conclave universal medallion?

7 minutes ago, AnhurShu said:

So is this, "We realized so many of these abilities were worthless, i.e. not going to get used, so instead of fixing those or choosing better abilities from those frames, we've chosen the laziest option and decided to nerf the useful abilities"? Or is it like the Universal Medallion situation, where they listen to the complaints of a small segment of their playerbase ("the sky is falling, my favorite frame will never be used again!" segment) over the rest of us and nerfed a system before anyone could actually try it out and they could see if changes were needed? Maybe a bit of both? 

it's both. definitely both. remember to make loud noises on the helmith feedback system once the update drop. if the only thing they listen to is noises, players need to make a lot of drowning noises to make sure they take notice once the update drops, so they revert this decision. and there will probably be a few feedback thread, so gotta make sure to get noticed in EACH of them.

Okay, so....before you start hammering the nerf button, I just want to suggest another test server. It did so well for the Railjack patch that I think you're going to *really* need it this time to get the perspective necessary to actually make the changes work. Don't make me beg. We don't want to have to go through several update cycles years apart to fix things just because you don't have enough dev time to get enough information. The way you've been going so far, you've relied on internal development to handle that kind of thing, but it's clear that if you're gonna keep budgeting for only a week or two of attention after an update, you have to make up for that with direct player testing.

The best part about this is since the Helminth update mostly uses pre-existing content, there's no real risk or limitation (beyond removing Xata) that would stand in the way of putting it on a test server.

Archived