1 minute ago, selig_fay said:

Oh, so you're for buff weak abilities? It's not so clear for me.

I think Jarriaga wants all the mediocre skills to be buffed/improved or rework to actually be a option cause you have to admit that skills like Loki's decoy or Limbo's banish is vastly inferior to something like Rhino's roar no matter how much they lower the roar.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

It was apparent in player feedback and play testing that these Infused Warframe Abilities had the potential to be the overwhelming choice; which is not ideal. Instead of changing the Ability outright due to those concerns, we decided to give them slight rules when Infused.

Wouldn't it then make more sense to buff the bad abilities like DE originally stated they would instead of nerfing the good ones?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, selig_fay said:

Oh, so you're for buff weak abilities? It's not so clear for me.

It's what Reb said the plan was during her interview with Shy on August 3rd.

Yet here we are.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Welcome to Warframe, where the biggest tragedy is having expectations.

I was expecting nothing more, was happy with what they had announced, then they start giving out less before the update even drops by nerfing abilities I was most excited about. Never thought that I would be disappointed in that way.

Edited by --RV--Faras
1 minute ago, Hoppyscotch said:

Wouldn't it then make more sense to buff the bad abilities like DE originally stated they would instead of nerfing the good ones?

they did buff some of the worst offenders, we've been over that, on this very thread

I can comment on nidus larva range decrease specifically, nidus is my most played. With a range build, especially, larva range is ridiculous. The decrease for subsume keeps this ability among the most useful abilities in the list and maintains the og nidus as the king, because his ability is just a bit better. Gameplay wise there may be no major differences, the more important issue here is that when you'll have more than 1 larva in mission, including other pull abilities, like vauban's and khora's, the larva will just be useless either way. That is the main issue with larva here.

The issue with the post update in general is that the reasoning behind it seems out of place. They name these abilities as potentially the most popular picks, but miss on some out and nerf them not in an attempt of keeping the og frames the most relevant users of their abilities, but in an attempt to make people choose the useless abilities more likely???

Surprised they nerfed Dispensary and Roar when used as a subsumed ability?

Be glad they didn't take them away entirely. 

With all respect, your expectations should be that anything too good will be taken away or nerfed before they are even released and maybe more later. 

Part of the point of the workshop was to get our feedback and see if anything may need nerfed or buffed before release. Or they wouldn't have bothered to show us and ask us about it. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 6
6 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Welcome to Warframe, where the biggest tragedy is having expectations.

I think Warframe's devs genuinely have a Megalophobia, a fear of power.

In particular, giving players anything of value. I'd make a thread to this single topic alone but knowing certain white knights I'd be shot down for wanting fun.

• Like 5
Just now, Jarriaga said:

It's what Reb said the plan was during her interview with Shy on August 3rd.

Yet here we are.

Well, I don't mind if good abilities lose their effectiveness a little. I think if it helps them make normal reworks of weak abilities, and still not create new OP's, I think it's a good tactic. Let's just say that I fully believe that the Trinity 1 with augment is a good competitor to the dispenser. Trinity 1 really got a good rework. Yes, this is mah for Trinity, but it is very good for most frames.

• Like 1

Usually I think things goes from 0 to 100 pretty fast...

But here my hype went from 100 to 0 at the speed of light. Thank you D.E., now I don't fear to be disappointed by CyberPunk 2077 anymore.

• Like 8

Here's an idea: They not only have to be MR 8 but also have the Starchart unlocked BEFORE they get to subsume the Warframes. This way, new players get the chance to gain the experience with the Warframes, learn what all of their abilities do, and THEN decide if they want to subsume a Warframe? I mean, that's how it was for me when I was getting set for some of the tougher challenges and even some of the stuff that was thrown in the newer updates as I was working my way up. Had I started around the time that the Helminth System was announced and learned it would be something ELSE to learn, I'd possibly have given up on Warframe then.

You're giving the new players a new experience to get the chance to enjoy Warframe and the new update... Don't tarnish it by tossing another system in the face yet... Because, they might not know what "Subsume" means and accidentally give up a Warframe they really enjoy not knowing it which they may have worked super hard on it and not have the Prime yet (or Umbra, in my case, for Excalibur) only to lose it because of one accidental click and be turned off of the game afterwards...

Make it where they have to have EXPERIENCE playing the game first, just like the majority of us do...

• Like 6

I can understand abilities being a "little bit" weaker than the original.

But reducing requirements down to MR8? Really??? Can you at least give some incentives to increasing your MR? 

• Like 7
1 minute ago, Zahnny said:

In particular, giving players anything of value. I'd make a thread to this single topic alone but knowing certain white knights I'd be shot down for wanting fun.

Nah, it's not that. They just don't learn from their previous mistakes. They are creating ability dispositions to attempt to fix their lack of understanding of in-game mechanics.

• Like 14
2 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I think pretty much all live service game devs have a phobia to an extent sort of like that (but not quite) and thus many players feel like the devs are being patronizing to them and treating them like children who don't know what's best for themselves. They are deathly afraid that if they make you too powerful you will get bored and stop playing. 

Edited by Tesseract7777

The diminished subsued abilities made sense, good decisions at the first glance but let's see the actual percentages in order to establish if the abilities are worth of subsuing.

With all due respect, i thought we finally found some form of reason to rank up our Mastery Rank. MR 15 was not a big MR requirement and i'm not the only one that thought it should be a bit bigger but still it was pretty well received by the majority of players. Now we are actually turning back to the "Syndicate medallions affecting Conclave" situation. Who are these people that complain about the MR cap and why do you always have to listen and to the minority of players and not the majority. There are all those content creators that endorsed the MR prerequisite, is their opinion and their follower's opinion irrelevant? Why do we even have the Content creator program at this point?

You really can't tell me that an MR 8 player is "very experienced" noone (including me when i was at that rank) knows enough about the game at that point and you want to give access to a somewhat complex system of customizing the abilities to these players. Very dissapointing, MR is back at it again close to useless if this cap goes through. 

So my suggestion would be to revert the prerequisite back to MR 15 and maybe even adding the "Complete the whole Steel Path" to it

Edited by JollyJester00
  • Like 5
En 12/8/2020 a las 10:27, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

EDIT: We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 8 (was 15).

EDIT 2:We have also changed the Mastery Rank Prerequisite of the Helminth Segment to 1 (was 8).

15 was fine, it was in the middle (0-30)

• Like 6