Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Shift: Update 28.3.0

[DE]Megan

I think I'm in the minority but I like new End of Mission UI. And you can click (before the update you cannot even find your mouse cursor). Sure, it needs some tweaks but it's in good state now.

I cannot see any difference between 2 version of Zephyr's Airburst at low level missions. However on a higher level mission "suck" function is great.

Not sure if I'm lucky but Nightwave's/Scimitar's air supports works. I heard like Scimitar's it could sometimes not work so I'm not sure about "is this fix or not".

Still no fix for:

(and probably more sarpa bugs archived).

vor 19 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:
  • Added Collapse/Expand buttons (arrow with a +/× inside).
  • Rewards can be sorted by IMPORTANCE, NAME, or TYPE.
  • The Rewards section now has a Search bar.
  • STATS and PROGRESSION can be selected via the bottom right of the screen.
  • End of Mission screen now includes “Medals”! These are fun stats that highlight unique mission achievements aside from the usual, such as Lockers Opened, Syndicate Medallions Found, and much more!  
    • More Medals to come as we continue working on these UI screens!  

What is determined to be important?

You missed one piece of functionality: when you press tab to see how much affinity your stuff has it doesnt set the bar back to the start on each rank up you would get with bonus affinity. This way i cant tell if i'm close to maxing out or am still at the start of a level. Please fix that.

Ok, ive had enough, so: What the #*!% is wrong with you Digital Extremes? You constantly keep #*!%ing up parts of the game people actually like and ignore issues that have been present for years, you dont listen to the players at all (the new meele system for example) and every update requires 20 hotfixes for issues caused by it. Since you dont seem to get it ill spell it out for you: THE.#*!%ING.GRAPHICS.ARE.FANCY.ENOUGH.GET.THE.GAME.TO.WORK.HOW.ITS.SUPPOSED.TO. I had patience with you for years, but too much is too much.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

Resource Drop Chance Boosters now apply to Steel Essence and Riven Sliver drops within Steel Path missions.

To confirm player theories and clarify, previous to this Hotfix Resource Drop Chance Boosters did not affect Steel Essence or Riven Sliver drops in The Steel Path. It was not our intention to hide or subvert that information in game, and we should have clarified more quickly that this was the case. 

Saying this doesn’t change what appears to be the broader issue, which is concerns with Steel Essence drop rates. We are still gathering data on acquisition rates - but ultimately we are all hands on deck working to make Heart of Deimos the best it can be for August 25th. As of this Hotfix, any Tenno who have already walked The Steel Path will receive a Resource Drop Chance Booster. 

This Hotfix ensures that Resource Drop Chance Boosters work within The Steel Path for Riven Slivers and Steel Essence. They were initially turned off to ensure the inherent Steel Path Resource Drop Chance Booster worked as intended. Like the initial Arcane Marketplace in Scarlet Spear, we wanted to ensure the automatic ‘100% Steel Path Resource Drop Chance Booster’ didn’t unintentionally scale for Resources specific to the Steel Path (Riven Slivers and Steel Essence). This unfortunately also affected player obtained reward Resource Drop Chance Boosters.   

Thank you all for the feedback so far on The Steel Path, it helps to shape our knowledge and decisions moving forward. 

This doesnt solve the issue of eximus units just not spawning at all before 40 minutes to an hour into a survival. Steel path is supposed to be harder than regular missions and eximi should be a part of that right from the start.

This will be my first time to give feedback on the game and honestly, the update is quite flawed... Here are my observations:

1. The end mission result screen is terrible. The previous one is much better with a well- laid out and easy to read info. Now I can't even see my stats and of the other players. Nice touch adding animations of the squad participants but his feature was not necessary

2. On some missions I could not even see my progress upon pressing ESC. The screen goes black and it takes sometime to resume gameplay

3. In a mission in Gabii, my Helios scanned practically every item, using over 130+ scans, as if they were never scanned!

4. On dojo decor, it's a nice addition to see new items from the Orb Vallis, thank you! However, there are some decor which, once placed, cannot be moved, selected, or add resource to!

5. During gameplay, pressing TAB does not give info we need most! Like current/ gained XP!

I hope these issues get addressed soon!

11 hours ago, uberfu said:

First off I'm not seeing Excal Umbra's scarf on either Mesa P or Hydroid P. /bad joke   🙂

I checked my Excal Umbra and can see the scarf.  AND can see the Prime toggle switch.

Mesa Prime - mine looks normal. With and without the added skins. I'm not seeing anything odd.

Same for Hydroid Prime.

Did some testing and figured out what the culprit was: The Static Reactor Prime Sigil. Equipping it caused some of the prime warframe details to disappear. The weirdest was when Nova Prime's neck and Frost Prime's legs went missing lol. Unequipping the sigil fixed things.

I was hoping when you re-did the end of mission page that you'd have specific medals like other games do for things like most headshots, most kills, most damage, most stealth kills, least damage taken, etc.  The static numbers  used to be given at the end of the mission page but it would be cool to see a small avatar of the players warframe next to a specific medal for whatever they're winning.  You should also make it so that EVERY player in a squad is the winner of SOMETHING like some games do.  

Can't wait for Heart of Deimos!!!

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

UI Reskins:

Since our Dev Workshops in early 2020, we have made a lot of progress behind the scenes on UI updates and changes. The End-of-Mission re-design is here, and it adheres to feedback we received as well as our own direction to better showcase your Warframes and your squads Warframes! 

In general, these UI screens have been updated with fresh looks and will reflect your chosen UI Theme! More changes to come!

I remember a lot of the feedback being "too much wasted space", "too much emphasis on looks before function" and "too much information hidden behind clicks". Guess what we got... Yeah...

So much for feedback.

Someone also thought it would be a good idea to add glow effect to the survival life support indicator, which makes it harder to see the numbers, especially when they go red. Could you please stop reducing the functionality of such features? Thanks.

Hopefully some of those changes to come will be back to a more useful UI.

12 hours ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

Literally who cares about mission stats?

I do. I'm MR 29. I don't care about the drops at all. What I care about is who took damage, which weapons worked better than others, how many kills I got in relation to other DPS frames.

If I can't work on my warframes in relation to others, there's not a thing for me to do in this game. I have all the things that can be gotten. I don't need any drops. Really. I don't even look at that stuff. just the stats. But now I have to go click/find it and the highlights that I definitely do care about are gone.

TLDR: New design is ugly, not functional and laggy.

End screen feedback:

New end mission screen does not remember that I want to see it extended. Diorama screen is useless flair that I am not interested at all and persistent music in end mission screen made me finally turn the music in warframe to 0%. I'd like to see what weapons were used by me in mission, I'd like to see how much affinity each of them have given to me (no, hovering over affinity symbol in end screen does not count - it's another case of "ABOUT" button without being a button. Only way in which this ui is usable is if I scale it to 50% (I am currently using legacy setting) but that breaks every other UI screen in the game by making it too small.

Mission progress screen feedback (|TAB| and in menu):

Please go to mission and press |TAB| few times and see how your frame rate drops and how you are getting blinded. Please delete those small blinding light animation as they serve no functionality purpose and are actively reducing performance of the game. Apart from that both tab and menu version contain enough info to satisfy me while in mission.

General feedback:

Mission progress screen is giving more and better organized info than new end screen design you have put in game. Please give us options to choose what we want to see in ending screen, I want to focus on actually stats, rewards, have them permanently ordered in way I want them and I don't want to see animated dioramas with music. I know it is cute and pretty and much fashionframe but I (personally) do not care about how other players look while I am in the mission unless it is something really eye catching. Please delete small light animation from mission progress screen as it's obtrusive and opening that screen few times can lead to being blinded by it. Overall whole design looks a bit like popups on bottom of webpages that is informing me that this website is using cookies. Too much negative useless space, not enough separation between fields on screen (just put darker transparent frames behind them to separate them a bit more). Also separate audio slider for end mission diorama would be nice, music on that screen only annoys me more.

Ending thoughts:

When I am comparing this design with what was proposed by you before I see almost no difference. All community feedback was as per usual ignored and swept under the rug.

tenor.gif

14 hours ago, lmpy said:

Who cares about stats it never mattered anyways... 

I do. who cares what you care about? I guess?

There's nothing for me to do in this game. I have everything. I want to see those stats because it gives me something to do so I can keep playing. I want to keep playing. Are they saying they want all the veterans to just wander off to play Deep Rock Galactic or a nice game of Warframe Screensavers?

The Steel Path seems to suggest they'd rather have vets stick around; so they shouldn't pretend us have-literally-everythings care about the rewards in the slightest. Admit that we definitely do want to see those stats and definitely want to see our orange/yellow highlights where we squished all the bad guys.

6 minutes ago, Ramrr said:

Ending thoughts:

When I am comparing this design with what was proposed by you before I see almost no difference. All community feedback was as per usual ignored and swept under the rug.

One wonders why they even have forums at all. Why not just a blog without comment sections.

I, for one, likes the new UI changes. I don't mind having stats behind a click, you have 10 seconds to glance over it all anyway. Funny how Zephyr got buffed a bit, I just customized her and set up a build 2 days ago, thought she's pretty cool.
Thank you for the update, 25th August is gonna be awesome!

22 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Rewards can be sorted by IMPORTANCE

This makes no sense unless allowing the user to set priorities. Because not only does it increase developer workload by requiring them to rate importance, but it's also gonna be highly inaccurate, because most players prioritize different things.

Please highlight the numbers in result screen during mission when you press TAB (highest dps, lowest damage taken, etc), so we can see at first glance what is going on as the old screen showed. It's bothersome to spend a lot of time comparing all the numbers all the time.

Also consider pressing TAB during end mission screen to switch between loot and stats without having to hover all the way to the bottom right and clicking the button.

Thanks.

Plese return me my INFORMATIVE end mission screen.  I dont need to look on other frames, its 50% empty, uninformative screen in RESULTS of misson. in profile such thing looks normal, but you hide most important information, and make it big and uncomfortable to read. I dont have any problems wint eyes... the distance between text and numbers in statistics is almost 5 sm on my monitor. What is all this empty space for? why should i turn my head to compare results?

The transition between the end of the mission is too ragged. here I am on a mission, here I am loading into a ship, here is a window with standing frames and statistics... and suddenly I am alone on my ship. I used to look at the statistician seeing my ship in the background, but now I don't understand well when the unloading from the mission has already ended. It used to be better!!!

yep end screen Blows.  they didn't even address the actual problem the old one created they just hid it.   The biggest issue with the old screen is it caused newer players to hate playing with vets that carry heavy hitting weapons.  The damage stat has always been total B.S. you cant make something more than DEAD so any damage your weapon does past what it takes to kill the enemy should not be added, combine that with them putting the damage stat first in the old screen new players always felt ripped , especially if they out killed you in enemies, not counting nuker frame kills.  And nuker frame kills should never have been added to a players kill count anyway that B.S. too you get a Saryn, Mirage, or Equinox hitting a couple buttons and quite often doing some emote dancing in their spare time running away with the score board while other players are actually addressing every enemy they kill.   Nuker kills should have their own stat,  ( Enemies Averted) , since that's all they actually did was keep them from coming into play by pressing a couple keys. This new end screen will not solve the issue the old one caused and it is still almost a curse to be a vet player in this game , as most newer players will  avoid your stat dominating, ruining all the fun we had when we were new and would meet and play with people for hours at a time

Archived