Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Shift: Update 28.3.0

[DE]Megan

16 minutes ago, PalmerEldritch3s said:

I came here to say exactly this. I played two missions before I realized the full extent of the problem. I'm MR 29. I have everything in the game. I don't care about the rewards at all, I just want to see the stats; now it requires a click to even see it?

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA??

People want to update the UI. It was outdated and very laggy compared to this. I will take this update anyday. 🙂 Who cares about stats it never mattered anyways... 

7 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

OROKIN DERELICTS HAVE MOVED!

They didn't need to and it shouldn't have been moved, a new derelict should have been made also where is the Nekros junction that should be there? Why isn't the emissary assassinate separate like the Alad V and Jordas fights? Why is a survival after an assassinate?

Thanks for the update. I think there is a bug. I noticed my Excalibur Umbra does not have his scarf anymore, and the Toggle Prime Details option on the Appearance Menu is missing. It looks like both Mesa Prime and Hydroid Prime are affected as well.

Just now, Lxndr77 said:

They didn't need to and it shouldn't have been moved, a new derelict should have been made also where is the Nekros junction that should be there? Why isn't the emissary assassinate separate like the Alad V and Jordas fights? Why is a survival after an assassinate?

Putting the Derelict after Sedna would be stupid, as you need to kill Lephantis to access Eris, which is is connected to Pluto, which connects to Sedna.

1 hour ago, PalmerEldritch3s said:

I came here to say exactly this. I played two missions before I realized the full extent of the problem. I'm MR 29. I have everything in the game. I don't care about the rewards at all, I just want to see the stats; now it requires a click to even see it?

WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA??

I agree.  I want to see Stats.  The removal of Stats being the first screen to appear...in favor of resources or standing gained...is definitely less informative.  When playing in a Squad of friends/clanmates...we want to see who had most kills, etc.

Also..why no yellow HIGHLIGHTS of highest kills, etc?  What programmer who believes in "everyone gets a trophy" did this?  Is there something against...competition?  This is what is wrong with people today...apparently no one can stand out, since..everyone is..."special"...

Does DE give a S#&$ about Accessibility and correctly building a visual interface - or just so that it's "pretty"?

I'm using the DEFAULT color scheme that is set when a player first installs and loads the game.  A player should NOT have to go tweak a ton of settings to get basic interface elements viewable, basic thigns like proper color contrast between text and the background - visible functionality whether it be menus or buttons or icons to click.

The NEW End Mission Results Page is crap !!  Bring back the HIGHLIGHTS for the min/max numbers - Least Damagae Taken / Most Damage Dealt etc ...

The min/max numbers underneath the players names at the end of a Mission are barely legible.

AND they disapepar after you leave the page and return to look again - what is the point of that? Why not leave that information there?  And make it more noticeable and legible?  (Whoever made the UI decisions does not understand interface design very well - either that or DE is Beta testing on the live server and working out those details on the end users wihtout any disclosure - in either case it's a failure).

Add in contrast between columns 1/3 vs 2/4 - so that we can read the information. And seriously, white text on a translucent background the new interface does nobody any good if the information cannot be clearly seen.

The Player Names completely blend into the characters displayed behind the text. this becomes even more apparent when a character has a mostly light-colored scheme.

The overall interface works better when the (+) Plus Symbol at the Middle Right is clicked and the data expands to cover the entire display.  Honestly THIS part of the interface should be the default - fully expanded.  If not give the users an option to toggle either view as a chosen DEFAULT. That being said, the comments above this paragraph still apply and need to be addressed.

9 minutes ago, ElderDoodle said:

After update I noticed odd glare / haze / lighting fuzz in orbiter.  Found option Glare (good name!) in display settings and turned it off.

For the 4+ years I've been playing that option has been available - sooo ... not new.

48 minutes ago, Lxndr77 said:

LXNDR77 quoted Megan stating that the Derelict has moved.

By the nature of LXNDR77's comment this person has not bothered to pay attention to ANY of the commentary from the developers in recent weeks. Letg's see if we can explain some of this as if LXNDR77 were a 5 year old:

The moving of the Derelict was expected. The Devs Told Us.

The Derelict is going away. Again the devs told us.

The Derelict is being replaced by something else. And for the 3rd time, the devs told us this also.

RTFP (P=Post) and quit crying.

51 minutes ago, BrentC81 said:

Thanks for the update. I think there is a bug. I noticed my Excalibur Umbra does not have his scarf anymore, and the Toggle Prime Details option on the Appearance Menu is missing. It looks like both Mesa Prime and Hydroid Prime are affected as well.

First off I'm not seeing Excal Umbra's scarf on either Mesa P or Hydroid P. /bad joke   :-)

I checked my Excal Umbra and can see the scarf.  AND can see the Prime toggle switch.

Mesa Prime - mine looks normal. With and without the added skins. I'm not seeing anything odd.

Same for Hydroid Prime.

1 hour ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

All you have to do is scroll...

You people who can't deal with change really need to chill.

That's hardly the problem. Change is fine, but the new end mission screen shows a tiny fraction of the information I could see at a glance on the old one. Sure it was dated, but when they updated it they made everything GIANT 42pt fonts and HUGE PICTURES so you can't see anything at all without clicking and scrolling and whatever.

New things are great, but they should be at least as functional as the old things. Presently, I wonder if there's a way to just turn off the end mission screen... it's useless as it is.

That or an option to decrease the font size 4000%, that might help a little. Then an option to make sure it's all on one page so I don't have to click through tabs -- does scrolling actually work? I'm going to go check, but I don't think so...

EDIT: Yeah, scrolling does nothing. You have to click the stats button.

1 hour ago, lmpy said:

People want to update the UI. It was outdated and very laggy compared to this. I will take this update anyday. 🙂 Who cares about stats it never mattered anyways... 

A new interface doesn't do any good if parts of it are hard to see and the functionality gets lost.  Your argument fails since they could have easily optimized the old interface at any point in trime - DE chose not to.

1 hour ago, HomicidalGrouse said:

All you have to do is scroll...

You people who can't deal with change really need to chill.

You mean, scroll ... AFTER THE USER CLICKS AN EXTRA MENU OPTION -- don't you? Because before today's change you would be correct.  But since the udpate today you are fully wrong. Unless, you are colelcting so many resources that the intial page scrolls. But if you are referencing the Stats information - the user has to click a button to access that information BEFORE they scroll. But you knew that right?

It's not a matter of change - everyone is fine with the change except those old school nostalgics that would rather preservation be a constant. DE added in extra functionality that was not necessary because some UI Designer did not bnother to think about anything beyond their "it looks cool" thought process. DE did not bother to vet the interface or even run it past someone with expertise with interface design.  DE completely ignored functionality and accessibility with today's update. The changes are not a newer clean interface if a user goes from zero clicks to glean information to 1-2 clicks to see that same information.

Thank-you DE for the event credit booster but it isn't stacking with the daily first mission bonus.  2 rounds of medium index and only 660k instead of 1.36m?

Also, the end mission screen is terrible.  It's very shiny but everything is monstrously too big.  The size of the stats text seriously hurts my eyes.

Why is it always minimized?  I have to either click the little "maximize" button or scroll anyways.  Everything could have easily fit on 1 screen with the new coat of paint.

Why isn't my maxed gear shown?  Why no squad management?

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Warframe Blueprint and Component costs from Simaris have been reduced by 50%!

8 hours ago, Revanx said:

rippy dippy derelict.

Thanks for this. This was by far the biggest roadblock for getting every frame.

Still waiting for the machete to be re-released in some form. It's still only obtainable through daily login which is just bad RNG. 🙃

Umm ... You do realzie that repurchase items are only added to Simaris AFTER you have gone through the process of acquiring them in the first place.  Before this was added to WF - these items used to be a one-off gain.  In other words if you completed the quest for say Octavia and built her out.  Then decided to sell the frame for credits. At that point if you wanted another Octavia you were SOL.  Because you could only get Octavia a single time. So if something of that nature is not in Simaris' offerings, it's likely because you have not completed it yet.

The Machete, unlike other daily login rewards, was also offered early on as a purchasable item in the Market.  Also it appeared in certain Tactical Alert Missions as a reward.  Since those access point distinguish the Machete from other login rewards, this might be an indicator as to why it does not show up in Simaris' 'repurchaseable' offerings. In contrast until the chaneg to Simaris, something like the Azima, a p=layer could only get 1 time.

As for now the base Machete sits in limbo like how a player cannot acquire another Excal Umbra (to be fair thouigh - a player with Excal Umbra also cannot sell it).

38 minutes ago, RNGesus_Prime said:

Thank-you DE for the event credit booster but it isn't stacking with the daily first mission bonus.  2 rounds of medium index and only 660k instead of 1.36m?

Also, the end mission screen is terrible.  It's very shiny but everything is monstrously too big.  The size of the stats text seriously hurts my eyes.

Why is it always minimized?  I have to either click the little "maximize" button or scroll anyways.  Everything could have easily fit on 1 screen with the new coat of paint.

Why isn't my maxed gear shown?  Why no squad management?

Daily First Win doesn't apply to Index.

9 hours ago, VoreoTheDragon said:

@[DE]Meganso what will happen to Octavias neuroptics ?

The entirety fo Nekros is also in the Derelict.  Likely it all just gets migrated to the Deimos replacement or redistributed elswhere in the system.

A couple of years ago, they rotated around where you could pick up Excalibur/ Trinity/ and Frost. They also moved the location of Maroo's Bazaar from Earth to Mars at some point. Pretty sure DE will let everyone know where Octravia's part drops will be located after the udpate.

9 hours ago, MARS_GOD_OF_WAR said:

Thank you so much for this update, but I never recieved anthodai or hydroid prime form tennocon stream ;-(

Oh don't worry, DE is well known for not passing out streaming rewards they promised to viewers: **cough**Nekros Prime**cough**. Odds are good that DE won't go back and do a second pass to catch any accounts they missed. So if you don;t get them within a short timeframe, tou likely won't get them. And have to earn Hydroid Prime the normal, like everyone else (or buy it). Not sure if/when they'd rerelease the Athodai again though, many of those one off event items eventually find their way back into game circulation - OG Snipetron comes to mind - but in that case you'll have to wait a couple of years.

1 hour ago, PalmerEldritch3s said:

That's hardly the problem. Change is fine, but the new end mission screen shows a tiny fraction of the information I could see at a glance on the old one. Sure it was dated, but when they updated it they made everything GIANT 42pt fonts and HUGE PICTURES so you can't see anything at all without clicking and scrolling and whatever.

New things are great, but they should be at least as functional as the old things. Presently, I wonder if there's a way to just turn off the end mission screen... it's useless as it is.

That or an option to decrease the font size 4000%, that might help a little. Then an option to make sure it's all on one page so I don't have to click through tabs -- does scrolling actually work? I'm going to go check, but I don't think so...

EDIT: Yeah, scrolling does nothing. You have to click the stats button.

Literally who cares about mission stats? They were only good for epeen anyway. "Oh look I did 50% of the damage to the boss"... like who gives an actual crap about that?

The only important information is what drops I got and how close I am to maxing out my kit. That information is present and all you have to do is scroll. In fact, you have to scroll less now because the drops aren't shown in a single line anymore.

It's better, deal with it.

9 hours ago, Jukantos said:

Not sure why they are copying most meaningless and non-informative parts of Anthem's end of mission UI replacing a system that had pretty dense and concise information in favor of way more way bigger menus that clearly look like they were designed for a console game. Still not a fan of the new end of mission UI's scaling just being utterly gigantic compared to the previous one.

If you've been playing video games long enough you should knwo that most developers copy everyone else that is doing something similar. EA wanted to get in on the "mech-warrior" genre (even probably noticed the populatiry of WF/DE and that they were making a game for free). Butr in true EA fashion over the past 20+ years, they were not able to build something to compete in the game space (hence the full rework). And in the meantime DE took it upon themselves to bastardize EAs offerings before the rework; and quite honestly failed at the WF implementation. Many of DEs recent UI changes and decisions make little sense while they increased the effort required to navigate the new UI.

The UI couldn't be any worse from what we had.
There is literally zero reason to make you have to click through all the tabs to see what you got when the UI we already had showed us everything we needed to know about the mission we just completed the instant you looked at it without having to waste any time messing around with it.

Oh we got medals and I can eyeball someone elses frame I literally just played with and saw throughout the entire mission already? how about showing me actual information about everyones stats,mods,drops,and exp gain on a single page like it already was?

The UI shouldn't be some overly complex series of menus for the sole sake of having extra menus when everything already fit on a single page to begin with. Even just having to hover players before to see their weapons required effort,this is just ridiculous. 

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. What you already had was so much better.

Edit: I do want to say I like the idea of medals but not at the expense of a good UI.

Archived