Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Shift: Update 28.3.0

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, uberfu said:

You mean, scroll ... AFTER THE USER CLICKS AN EXTRA MENU OPTION -- don't you? Because before today's change you would be correct.  But since the udpate today you are fully wrong. Unless, you are colelcting so many resources that the intial page scrolls. But if you are referencing the Stats information - the user has to click a button to access that information BEFORE they scroll. But you knew that right?

It's not a matter of change - everyone is fine with the change except those old school nostalgics that would rather preservation be a constant. DE added in extra functionality that was not necessary because some UI Designer did not bnother to think about anything beyond their "it looks cool" thought process. DE did not bother to vet the interface or even run it past someone with expertise with interface design.  DE completely ignored functionality and accessibility with today's update. The changes are not a newer clean interface if a user goes from zero clicks to glean information to 1-2 clicks to see that same information.

Yeah, except stats aren't relevant... like at all. It's not useful information. Which is why everyone except for those "nostalgics" as you put it don't care about that change.

Could it be better? Sure. I'd like to see all rep changes present on the first page all the time. Unlike stats, that's actually important information. Maybe lower the width of the item drop window a little and add a third box just for rep. That would be a good change. Other than that, it's fine, and all of the complaints I've seen are from people who are just mad about change.

Also, that "they didn't consult with UI designers" thing is pure nonsense. Anyone who is paid to design a user interface is a professional UX designer. I used to design front end interfaces for websites. I'm technically a professional UI designer... and I say it's fine. While I'd argue this is a silly argument to make... so is just arbitrarily trying to reinforce your own point by making a claim as ridiculous as "they didn't run it past someone with experience". It was MADE by someone who evidently has experience... no matter how much you don't like it.

I love everything that is coming and I can’t wait for the new stuff to completely come in but I have a issue not sure if it’s a bug or glitch but ever since the update when in the orbiter I would get a black square for a few seconds flashing and going away I hope it’s just something that can be fixed because I was not having any issues before the update 

The new end of mission UI lack informations that the old one had (lenses on weapons and frame for example), but having every standing gains in the same place is a plus. Still used to the old one so biased toward it but with improvements on the presentation the new one could be good.

12 hours ago, Iterniam said:

The game will never be balanced again with the helminth system.

Haven't decided yet whether I welcome it or not.

On another note, it's been 103 days since Ballista Measure had its undocumented release in update 27.4
When will it finally:
• Be officially released?
• Be buffed to sensible values? 20% range is nothing.
• Be transformed to give projectile speed instead of range?
• Be fixed to apply to all arch-guns? It still doesn't apply to Fluctus in Orb Vallis
• And finally, have its drop rates buffed? The mod is incredibly useless and still goes for 150 plat due to its rarity.

Also, new bug:
Selecting upgrade on the ground arch-gun and then going back deletes the ground arch-gun from the menu.

They need to remove Roar/Eclipse/Dispensary from the Helminth system, 90% of frames will use one of those, most other things are fairly balanced

I have to agree with others about the end mission screen, the old mission end screen showed everything neatly packaged as to where the new one you have to make additional clicks to filter or see certain things. The old mission end screen is far superior 

Bug: After every returning to the Orbiter appears nearly visible "interface blinks".

Mission Progress UI requests:
- Remove or add option to disable the end of mission music. First hours and it is already annoying.
- Remove the end of mission "circles", that pointing "Close" button.
- Make Mission Progress UI to remember last collapse/expand button state.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb uberfu:

If you've been playing video games long enough you should knwo that most developers copy everyone else that is doing something similar. EA wanted to get in on the "mech-warrior" genre (even probably noticed the populatiry of WF/DE and that they were making a game for free). Butr in true EA fashion over the past 20+ years, they were not able to build something to compete in the game space (hence the full rework). And in the meantime DE took it upon themselves to bastardize EAs offerings before the rework; and quite honestly failed at the WF implementation. Many of DEs recent UI changes and decisions make little sense while they increased the effort required to navigate the new UI.

Yup. I don't see the point in copying something that was so universally bashed as a failure.

Granted, it mainly failed due to the bullet sponge combat and the poor loot systems, but still

The new End of Mission / Mission Progress screen sucks!! Everything was nice and clean on one screen and now you have to click at stuff in order to get to the information you want but while in mission you aint got time for that. It's a big downgrade, pls revert it or allow us to choose in the settings wich one we want.

14 hours ago, ---Swaggi--- said:

New End mission reward screen is BS! It was totally fine as it was! Everything u need to know at one Picture. NOW you HAVE TO click to have a look at other things. Completely unnecessary!
This is not an upgrade its a DOWNGRADE!!!

not just downgrade a COMPLETE DOWNGRADE

I must say, the new End Mission screen is truly awful. I've tried to give it a solid chance but I really do not appreciate it.

It feels clunky. In missions you can't tell (without actively looking) what your XP/Focus gain is and you also can't identify the loot easily. I just ran a few bounties in Plains of Eidolon and I didn't even realise I had picked up Cetus Whisps.

It also just feels forceful and unappealing to have that screen at the end of the mission. It doesn't feel nice.

One bit I did like is how neat it was at the end of my Plains run. That screen was wonderful. 10/10. Concise and legible, with the option to go further in depth. I would still like a legacy UI option so that I can toggle it for normal missions and then toggle to this option for Plains/Orb because this one page looking nice doesn't make me want to use the other one any more.

The new end missions screen looks very clean, I like it, it would be even more awesome once we get to customize it with the soma chords that we've been so hard to look for. Its great the dev's have fixed so many tiny bugs within 2 weeks. Some aspects of the UI really does look nice even though ita missing the bane of the missions still. Also, I would still like to see in inventory or market to have an option to filter weapons by mastery rank, it would make life easier and efficient in figuring what to go for next.

7 hours ago, RNGesus_Prime said:

Thank-you DE for the event credit booster but it isn't stacking with the daily first mission bonus.  2 rounds of medium index and only 660k instead of 1.36m?

Daily first mission bonus has never worked on The Index.

7 hours ago, wizardeiges said:

The UI couldn't be any worse from what we had.
There is literally zero reason to make you have to click through all the tabs to see what you got when the UI we already had showed us everything we needed to know about the mission we just completed the instant you looked at it without having to waste any time messing around with it.

Oh we got medals and I can eyeball someone elses frame I literally just played with and saw throughout the entire mission already? how about showing me actual information about everyones stats,mods,drops,and exp gain on a single page like it already was?

The UI shouldn't be some overly complex series of menus for the sole sake of having extra menus when everything already fit on a single page to begin with. Even just having to hover players before to see their weapons required effort,this is just ridiculous. 

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. What you already had was so much better.

Edit: I do want to say I like the idea of medals but not at the expense of a good UI.

Unfortunately true. Wish this could be rolled back and given more work as it's terrible right now.

The Fashion Frame part I like, the medals I'm neutral towards, the inaccessibility, wasted space and lack of information however is a huge negative.

Hopefully this is a beta and they will make some positive changes to display the stuff that we like to see and have grown accustomed to seeing.

Archived