Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Shift: Update 28.3.0

[DE]Megan

Thank You for your hard work trying your best for UI screens to look updated and Snazzy  😄 ,

A couple of Good practices as an addition:

>Always Implement a "Keep Old / Switch to Vanilla/Legend" Option when you Apply a major change to something, [Especially when suddenly Implemented without previous announcement]
This Will Help you and us Beyond your Imagination, some pl just need some time to get used to new changes so they might switch back and forth till they get used to it or some players could micro manage according to their mission types

*Practices;

-Workshops are VERY Beneficial to players , they get to know something is happening and prepare and if the object of change is crucial to some players they will spend effort to give the most constructive feedback's they could possibly give to help the devs, They Will also follow-up on updates regularly to adjust or intervene.

-Implementing the old into the new, for our example here , The New End Mission screen could Benefit from a [Summary] TAB that combines the old Ui with the new snazzy Look

Thank You for Your Hard Work, Looking forward for your solution implementation in future updates ❤️

Not a fan of the new Mission Results screen. You have to click out of it to do anything in the Squad menu (like leave) and then go back to say repeat a mission. Not saying it's bad, just not as convenient as the previous version. Hopefully that functionality can be added in the near future.

On 2020-08-13 at 1:04 PM, uberfu said:

By the nature of LXNDR77's comment this person has not bothered to pay attention to ANY of the commentary from the developers in recent weeks.

I paid attention and still think it was stupid before and after it was done, it was not an issue of not paying attention you would have realised this if you actually read what i had to say.

The new end of mission screen is...  Oh, boy.  It slows down loading and sacrifices functionality for an entirely useless fashionframe display and medals.  What was so wrong with the old screen that it warranted being changed to this cluttered mess?

But okay, here's some ideas for improvement.  Firstly?  Group things first by category, then by importance.  This means mission and cache/void/vault items come FIRST, not somewhere in the middle.  Then, group either Mods or Resources together from rare on down.  And finally, for Mother's sake, can the screen remember if I want it to be expanded so I don't need to click on the button every single time?

2 hours ago, Wantedsss said:

And how can I open the Orokin ruins if the key drawings were deleted ?

If you mean the Orokin Vaults then you still have those 4 Gold Keys, it was only the Keys to be able to enter the mission that was removed and resources refunded.

---------------------------

On another topic, DE the end of mission screen results lags out really bad for a few seconds after closing it, never use to, could we get some of the icons made a little bit smaller. I know I'm old but I can see the rewards quite well enough without the larger icons, thank you. 😛 

New end of mission UI is causing massive lag going from solid 60 locked in FPS down to 8 FPS please fix this it's getting annoying trying to move around the ship until it settles down after each mission.

11 hours ago, Callback said:

Give us back our stug, or give us back concealed explosives.  We need *some* source of self-damage.

You can buy the Stug BP in the Market, just rebuild it, or am I missing what you're getting at, it was a fun gun.

I decided to play for a few days to get get used to the new end of mission UI and I'm going to have to agree with a lot of other people here. The end of mission UI is atrocious. Initially I thought i was kinda offput because pickups were now on the opposite side of the screen, but after several days of playing I decided to do a full analysis

1: Stats and text is WAY too spread out and unnecessarily hidden. The previous mission UI screens were AMAZING when it came to this area because it gave all of the stats in a concise format. I understand that many games struggle with cluttered UIs and the new screen is an attempt to avoid this, but the screen wasn't cluttered before. Each element (stats, xp, pickups) had a distinct region on the screen where it was located. Hiding the stats away does nothing to improve the UI experience, and adding several inches of empty screen space between the stats does nothing good. Negative space is negative space. Full Stop. If this were a poster I was viewing from further away, sure this stretched out design would be a good aesthetic choice. But this is a menu. If you don't have enough information to fill the full screen, spreading it thinly to cover it all is a horrible solution. It is harder on the eyes to jump from one side of the screen to another. The mission name and location are also not displayed anywhere at all, why? 

2: pickup information takes up too much room, especially since almost half of the UI is now 'empty space' where the warframes are. Having massive tiles for resources makes little sense, because it takes up more room while displaying no more information than previous screens. I appreciate the ability to sort drops by type, but including mods in this portion of the screen instantly makes any decent length endless mission a cluttered mess during mission and immediately at the end of mission. Most of the people that are farming for resources are farming for one or two specific resources at a time, and such don't need every resource to be the primary element of the end of game UI. The order that the game deems pickups by 'importance' does not seem to be aligned with player interests at all as credits are not at the top and mods are not grouped together.

3: affinity breakdown seems overly simplified and does not show relevant information first. Syndicate standing of all things is the first thing shown in the new UI. Most players are not heavily concerned with their syndicates in general and even less so in mission. I feel that this should be obvious, since up until this point syndicate progress wasn't even on the primary progress page. The first element in this section of UI should always be the player's gear. I also much preferred being able to see all of the equipment I took on the mission and how the excess affinity for focus broke down per item. Regardless of whether a weapon is max rank, keeping it in the mission progress can remind people of what they have.  Going back to the subject of leveling on weapons, the XP bar is much fainter than before making it additionally harder to see, especially if I am pressing tab during the mission in order to check progress.

4: Interaction is hidden and non-central. With the UI displaying less overall; than before, paging over to check information now has to be done more often, and takes even more effort to get to than it did before. A good UI should give the user the information they need as quickly and simply as possible. Lets look at this from two examples. The first will look at the quickest and easiest information to get to, and the second will be typically more hidden information.
1: If I want to know how many kills I got, I now have to move my mouse, and click a button. In the old UI it was shown in the stats window without the need to scroll. 
2: a more obscure stat, say fire accuracy or revives. In the old UI i had to scroll to get to it, but that was it. I now have to either click stats and then scroll or click stats and the expand icon.
simplifying the appearance means very little if navigation is now twice as heavy. Additionally, the buttons are about as far out of the way as they could possibly be now. which means more movement of the mouse to get to them. It seems pretty insignificant, but doing it repeatedly only makes it more obvious that the user is having to do more for the same result.
The interactive elements of the previous UI were very centralized. affinity, resources, mods, and stats could all be scrolled through from a relatively neutral screen position, even paging over to syndicate progress did not require as much effort as paging over does now. Exiting the menu was also more centralized, as opposed to the hidden in a corner way it is placed currently. I'm not sure if the the large pulse centered on the new exit button is there temporarily because you wanted to make sure people saw the new placement, or if it is just to highlight the exit button, but either way I think that both answers are bad. A good UI does not need a big pulse saying "here it is!" for important things like an exit button. The only other thing that needs flashing exit signs are burning buildings. 

5: Background warframes and their animations are very buggy and the poses are kind of awkward. quite often the game stutters fps wise at end of mission. I have played warframe on brick laptops to expensive gaming PCs and on trash wifi to amazing connections. However there is almost always a drop in fps during this transition. This is not necessarily a bad thing, and as part of a loading screen, it is to be expected. However, putting an animation in this menu will forever highlight this stutter. It is not lost on me that we will probably get poses we can buy for this screen, but this comment isn't about monetization. Something to keep in mind that a lot of other games do to negate this issue is by simply having these poses be static.

In conclusion, it is a pretty menu, but ultimately a poor one. I and many others would definitely appreciate the ability to opt into the old one, and from an objective perspective this UI needs some heavy edits in order to work well and facilitate the game's flow instead of hindering it. There are many other points that others have brought up as well and I hope my analysis can be used in a constructive way.

TLDR: Don't hide stats, separate mods from resources to avoid clutter, re-prioritize affinity read out, change button layout to be more seamless.

On 2020-08-13 at 12:44 PM, icodious said:

yep end screen Blows.  they didn't even address the actual problem the old one created they just hid it.   The biggest issue with the old screen is it caused newer players to hate playing with vets that carry heavy hitting weapons.  The damage stat has always been total B.S. you cant make something more than DEAD so any damage your weapon does past what it takes to kill the enemy should not be added, combine that with them putting the damage stat first in the old screen new players always felt ripped , especially if they out killed you in enemies, not counting nuker frame kills.  And nuker frame kills should never have been added to a players kill count anyway that B.S. too you get a Saryn, Mirage, or Equinox hitting a couple buttons and quite often doing some emote dancing in their spare time running away with the score board while other players are actually addressing every enemy they kill.   Nuker kills should have their own stat,  ( Enemies Averted) , since that's all they actually did was keep them from coming into play by pressing a couple keys. This new end screen will not solve the issue the old one caused and it is still almost a curse to be a vet player in this game , as most newer players will  avoid your stat dominating, ruining all the fun we had when we were new and would meet and play with people for hours at a time

THIS! I have no problem with a medal given to everyone at the end of the game, but so far most of the "medals" have been demoralizing at best, and I say that as the person doing the nuking. the medal system either needs to focus on mission performance relevant stats (kills, damage absorbed (not damage taken btw!) , healing done, bosses killed) for everyone or be entirely useless stats (bullet jumps, crates opened, etc). because as it stands I can go into a mission and my buddy who gives me rhino roars gets either most crates broken or 0 damage taken and I get most kills or most damage every time. These medals seem like they are going to exacerbate the problem rather than fix it. 

if you didn't care about stats before, you largely just ignored the stat section as a wall of text, but now it highlights one stat for all to see, and if that isn't a stat that contributed to mission progress, it doesn't feel too good to see when someone else gets a stat that does contribute.

On 2020-08-14 at 11:34 AM, YellowMellowJellow said:

am i the only  tenno here who is stuck in a quest for one i am stuck in the war within it crashes everytime i try and  escape the orbitor [not good with details my bad]   it crashes the moment after i use my void powers   in the orbitor   crash number ere WAR-2863170

No, this is happening to me too, i made a ticket but it has been 26 hours and i haven't gotten anything more than an automated reply. Its really annoying because im completely locked out of the game, it'd be fine if i could somehow abort the quest, but there's no way to do that.

I tryed to enjoy the new UI, i really did, but i can't i, don't like it.

Also if u (DE) won't change it overall, at least yellow line the top status and the missions end.

But i didn't like the new UI... really... i didn't... i tryed, but no ty... 

14 hours ago, DieselPowered said:

No, this is happening to me too, i made a ticket but it has been 26 hours and i haven't gotten anything more than an automated reply. Its really annoying because im completely locked out of the game, it'd be fine if i could somehow abort the quest, but there's no way to do that.

I know its annoying and it mildly scary  but I do hope DE sees this and reacts cause this is actually mildly GAME  breaking I found 4 more people

23 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

New end of mission UI is causing massive lag going from solid 60 locked in FPS down to 8 FPS please fix this it's getting annoying trying to move around the ship until it settles down after each mission.

You can buy the Stug BP in the Market, just rebuild it, or am I missing what you're getting at, it was a fun gun.

You're missing everything.  They just gutted its only use. (and after I spend a ton of kuva on a riven to make it work)

Archived