(SWITCH) Heart of Deimos: Update 29 Status: Live!

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Junk_L0ver said:

Man, waiting updates on Switch feels like you're that one not-so-clever child in the classroom.
And I gotta say - I don't like bein' that one not-so-clever child who dosen't get what others get in time.
This brings up a question - what if there are will be some game-breaking bugs on PC/other consoles with new update? Will Switch update be pushed even farther away so to fix the newly-discovered bugs? And if there will be some balance changes too, like resource pircing of some stuff and etc? Woo-wee!

Unlikely, because this code is already in cert. Unless it is truly game-breaking in which case you probably don't want that on your system anyways. 

Updates for switch are ALWAYS delayed.
Please DE, never again promise a simultaneous release including the Nintendo Switch, it creates false expectations within the fanbase. Just add little a disclaimer in your announcements stating that dates for updates on Nintendo Switch are just estimates.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, (NSW)Vinn_Eonn said:

Updates for switch are ALWAYS delayed.
Please DE, never again promise a simultaneous release including the Nintendo Switch, it creates false expectations within the fanbase. Just add little a disclaimer in your announcements stating that dates for updates on Nintendo Switch are just estimates.

Dude, it's literally in the first lines of the post:

As we look towards the August 25th simultaneous platform release date, there is a real possibility that the Cert turnaround time and our work from home setups may shift that for Nintendo Switch.  When developing alongside PC, we have to factor in the Cert timeline. Meaning, we need everything from PC to the console build for Cert days in advance.

If anyone wants to blame someone, blame crappy Nintendo who never deliver when they are expected to. At this point it's clear how Nintendo should get their crap together and start worrying about something that's not Pokemon or Animal Crossing or Smash, like third parties. This is just one more to add to the list of reasons why Switch is my last Nintendo console.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

If anyone wants to blame someone, blame crappy Nintendo who never deliver when they are expected to. 

Yeah, it's bizarre that Nintendo cert team seems to always operate behind the other console cert teams. 

• Like 1

8/24/2020 Status Update:

With the news that Heart of Deimos on PS4 and Xbox One will be launching tomorrow, we are here to give you a status update on where Nintendo Switch is at with its own Cert progress. At this time, we have not heard back about its Cert approval. As a result, Heart of Deimos will be launching sometime later this week on Nintendo Switch and not tomorrow August 25th. We know this is disappointing to hear, but we will be watching for the news to come in and sharing updates with you so that you can pencil in the Heart of Deimos launch in your calendars. 

Thank you for your patience!

• Like 14
6 minutes ago, (NSW)1kSakura said:

The fact that I'm just chilling right now because I saw this happening from a mile away...

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Same, i was expecting the delay the moment they sent to cert on a saturday

Edited by (NSW)Takami
  • Like 4

>Sends Cert late, even after the many updates that got delayed because of it
>Gets delayed
>Switch, yet again, will receive update late and not get anythinfg from it.

Watch this be delayed to next week

• Like 10
2 minutes ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

>Sends Cert late, even after the many updates that got delayed because of it
>Gets delayed
>Switch, yet again, will receive update late and not get anythinfg from it.

Watch this be delayed to next week

How comes the other consoles received the cert on the same day and they are launching tomorrow? Have you ever considered that maybe this is Nintendo's fault and not DE?

1 minute ago, (NSW)Zwiebel said:

Yeah, can't blame it on Nintendo this time. 

It's completely DEs fault, they know about slow Cert process on Nintendos side and send the build to them on a Saturday before launch. 😒

Asking the same question: How is it that the rest of consoles received the Update on Saturday and they aren't delayed? How is Nintendo being slower than the rest DE's fault?

Edited by (NSW)Belaptir
  • Like 7
5 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

How comes the other consoles received the cert on the same day and they are launching tomorrow? Have you ever considered that maybe this is Nintendo's fault and not DE?

Asking the same question: How is it that the rest of consoles received the Update on Saturday and they aren't delayed? How is Nintendo being slower than the rest DE's fault?

Nintendo is picky with games, specally of Warfarme's size I belive.
If the game doesn't run with no crashes, they send it back, like how Kuva Litches got delayed 1 month.
EDIT: Also that passes the size limit, so there's also that 

Edited by (NSW)Kokojo
something to add
  • Like 9

To be frank, things like this are really testing my resolve as a Switch player and supporter. It's not DE's fault, it's Nintendo's... but at the same time, it's not really wise to promise "all platforms get a simultaneous release" when we all know Switch will be the last to get anything.

Would it be possible to offer account transfers to other consoles (i.e. Xbox One or PS4) at some point in the future?

• Like 6
vor 4 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Belaptir:

Because DE knows about the slow cert process. Thats nothing new.

So maybe they could send it to cert sooner, or not setting a fixed date for release. But yeah...it's ALL nintendos fault 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, (NSW)Finlaena said:

To be frank, things like this are really testing my resolve as a Switch player and supporter. It's not DE's fault, it's Nintendo's... but at the same time, it's not really wise to promise "all platforms get a simultaneous release" when we all know Switch will be the last to get anything.

Would it be possible to offer account transfers to other consoles (i.e. Xbox One or PS4) at some point in the future?

I think all we can do is keep hoping for cross save. That or give up and reroll, but that's a lot of work.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

Nintendo is picky with games, specally of Warfarme's size I belive.
If the game doesn't run with no crashes, they send it back, like how Kuva Litches got delayed 1 month.
EDIT: Also that passes the size limit, so there's also that 

This is all Nintendo's fault then. Them being picky with the games is not the developer problem. It could be DE, or could be Epic, or Evil Mojo or anyone else. Nintendo has clearly issues with the third party cert process and they should solve them if they want more 3rd party support.

Also, the memory limits is again Nintendo's fault. A console like Switch should have a minimum of 128gb as a base. 24 gb (they say 32, but we all know that the memory allowance for switch is not 32gb) is... is crap.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Finlaena said:

They wrote in the first post that due to the process of certification, the dates could shift. It's there for you to read. Not that this changes anything mind you. I'm also considering this as my last Nintendo console and not just for this particular reason. This one just adds to the list.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Zwiebel said:

Because DE knows about the slow cert process. Thats nothing new.

So maybe they could send it to cert sooner, or not setting a fixed date for release. But yeah...it's ALL nintendos fault 

If you read the first lines of the first post, they literally say that due to the cert process the date might shift. And how is Nintendo being slow a problem of the developer again? So, instead of asking Nintendo to be on par with their competitors in cert times, we're shifting the blame to the developer. Shouldn't we be asking Nintendo to be not better (that would be unachievable right now) but just on par with the competitors? Shouldn't we be asking them to be at least as good as the other people selling consoles so we, the users, don't have to suffer these delays because of them?

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

I think most people are aware that it's not DE's fault for the delay and that it's entirely Nintendo's fault due to their cert process.

What people are annoyed at -including myself- is DE promising for weeks since TennoCon that all consoles -Switch included- would get the HoD update the same day as one another... only to have a couple days before it actually drops go "whoops, Switch users are getting later, sorry!" 

• Like 5
Just now, (NSW)Belaptir said:

This is all Nintendo's fault then. Them being picky with the games is not the developer problem. It could be DE, or could be Epic, or Evil Mojo or anyone else. Nintendo has clearly issues with the third party cert process and they should solve them if they want more 3rd party support.

Also, the memory limits is again Nintendo's fault. A console like Switch should have a minimum of 128gb as a base. 24 gb (they say 32, but we all know that the memory allowance for switch is not 32gb) is... is crap.

I agree with the memory problem, but Nintendo would be faster if DE didn't screw up the Lich update before.
They had Panic Button to make the port, they kicked them out, then when they noticed they couldn't handle the port anymore, they got them back (around Railjack).
It's both side's problem, yes, more on Nintendo than DE, but they could've sent the update early and not on a set date KNOWING NINTENDO WOULD TAKE A WHILE TO CHECK

• Like 3
Just now, (NSW)Finlaena said:

I think most people are aware that it's not DE's fault for the delay and that it's entirely Nintendo's fault due to their cert process.

What people are annoyed at -including myself- is DE promising for weeks since TennoCon that all consoles -Switch included- would get the HoD update the same day as one another... only to have a couple days before it actually drops go "whoops, Switch users are getting later, sorry!" 

To be fair, I was expecting this. I read all the update posts for all the three consoles, and that phrase (the date might shift...) was written in all three. So, even though they expected it to be at the same time for everyone, they also told us from the beginning that this could happen. The only thing here is that, AGAIN, the problematic is Switch because well... Nintendo didn't even tell them anything about the status. For what we know, it could be this week, but given Megan's message, it could very well be next one, or next month as Nintendo didn't say anything about the status at all.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

I agree with the memory problem, but Nintendo would be faster if DE didn't screw up the Lich update before.
They had Panic Button to make the port, they kicked them out, then when they noticed they couldn't handle the port anymore, they got them back (around Railjack).
It's both side's problem, yes, more on Nintendo than DE, but they could've sent the update early and not on a set date KNOWING NINTENDO WOULD TAKE A WHILE TO CHECK

The problem with the liches was again, caused by nintendo. The game surpassed the memory capacity of the console and Nintendo wanted to be extra careful because things. I mean, Nintendo could have thought a bit more on the design of the console and instead of giving us an IR camera in the joycon, could have given us a few more GBs and all this wouldn't be happening.

However, I still raise a question: why can't we ask nintendo to be as fast as the others for this certs problems? Why is it that the developers (and i'm not talking about DE solely) have to answer for the lacks of Nintendo?

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

The problem with the liches was again, caused by nintendo. The game surpassed the memory capacity of the console and Nintendo wanted to be extra careful because things. I mean, Nintendo could have thought a bit more on the design of the console and instead of giving us an IR camera in the joycon, could have given us a few more GBs and all this wouldn't be happening.

However, I still raise a question: why can't we ask nintendo to be as fast as the others for this certs problems? Why is it that the developers (and i'm not talking about DE solely) have to answer for the lacks of Nintendo?

Frankly, if the rumors of an "improved Switch" are even remotely true, one can hope that it has more memory with it at the very least.

Edited by (NSW)Finlaena
  • Like 2