(SWITCH) Heart of Deimos: Update 29 Status: Live!

vor 14 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Belaptir:

For what we know, it could be this week, but given Megan's message, it could very well be next one, or next month as Nintendo didn't say anything about the status at all.

https://imgur.com/a/LCon06I

DE already changed it to "coming this week on Nintendo Switch"

If it's getting delayed by Nintendo now it's completely DEs fault for saying this. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

The problem with the liches was again, caused by nintendo. The game surpassed the memory capacity of the console and Nintendo wanted to be extra careful because things. I mean, Nintendo could have thought a bit more on the design of the console and instead of giving us an IR camera in the joycon, could have given us a few more GBs and all this wouldn't be happening.

However, I still raise a question: why can't we ask nintendo to be as fast as the others for this certs problems? Why is it that the developers (and i'm not talking about DE solely) have to answer for the lacks of Nintendo?

If a 3º party got into the Switch, they are in agreement of all the memeory and performance limitation that is has.

• Like 3
il y a une heure, [DE]Megan a dit :

8/24/2020 Status Update:

With the news that Heart of Deimos on PS4 and Xbox One will be launching tomorrow, we are here to give you a status update on where Nintendo Switch is at with its own Cert progress. At this time, we have not heard back about its Cert approval. As a result, Heart of Deimos will be launching sometime later this week on Nintendo Switch and not tomorrow August 25th. We know this is disappointing to hear, but we will be watching for the news to come in and sharing updates with you so that you can pencil in the Heart of Deimos launch in your calendars. 

Thank you for your patience!

So, you say in the same phrase, "we have no heard back about the cert approval but It's coming this week"
A little bit paradoxal haha

• Like 7

I still prefer a cheap console with the option to add cheap memory. imagine they where doing it like apple... 300$ the 32gb version, 400$ the 64gb Version etc. 😅

Also even if the cert on switch takes longer, i don't have the impression that nintendo is doing a great job... because they let games onto their system that used their own tracks (copyright infringement) and updates to Minecraft that can corrupt the internal memory 😅

I'm happy that the update comes to Switch very soon :3

And that the Game runs so well on the system.

But i would love crossaves/ crossplay.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, (NSW)Kokojo said:

Fixing is not something fast, specially for console, even ore for Switch.
But at least I was expecting a response

This should have been fixed a month ago.  The third crime scene has been out nearly 2 months and it's still not fixed on switch nor ps4.

• Like 3

Well I hope we do get the update this week. Looking forward to it.

I don't really care about delays, as long as I get to play the thing at some point, but I do feel sorry for whoever said on this thread he had taken an unpaid day off to play the update. I'm not judging, I could imagine myself doing the same for some games (Warframe included), although given the history of delays on the switch, it was a risky move to begin with. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, (NSW)Faerwald said:

Well I hope we do get the update this week. Looking forward to it.

I don't really care about delays, as long as I get to play the thing at some point, but I do feel sorry for whoever said on this thread he had taken an unpaid day off to play the update. I'm not judging, I could imagine myself doing the same for some games (Warframe included), although given the history of delays on the switch, it was a risky move to begin with. 

I learned my lesson back with Diablo 3's launch lol

• Like 1

Well, having had some time to kinda sit and stew on the issue (i.e. doing quick synthesis on 99 spools of yarn in FF14)... I can wait a while longer for the update. The issue is far more complicated than it appears to be, and frankly, it's not a topic I can speculate on or w/e. I feel like a total tool for getting insensed on an issue like this when there's more important things to worry about r/n. I spoke out of anger and frustration that had built up from various unrelated things.... eeeesh.

Besides, I've invested too much time, energy, effort (and plat, lmao) to just throw in the towel over one delayed update. I will be forever grateful they took a chance on porting this to Nintendo Switch for a variety of reasons, and I gotta honor that at least. 

So to anyone from DE having to read this thread: I apologize for my harshness and tone in regards to my earlier comments.

Edited by (NSW)Finlaena
  • Like 7
On 2020-08-12 at 2:41 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

8/24/2020 Status Update:

With the news that Heart of Deimos on PS4 and Xbox One will be launching tomorrow, we are here to give you a status update on where Nintendo Switch is at with its own Cert progress. At this time, we have not heard back about its Cert approval. As a result, Heart of Deimos will be launching sometime later this week on Nintendo Switch and not tomorrow August 25th.

Yeah, this isn't surprising. This is the usual for Nintenno, and honestly I don't know how I should feel about that.

But hey, at least we usually get some compensation for delays. Syndicate Medallions wouldn't be so bad, considering there's a new syndicate and everyone else gets a head start on it.

DE,pleasegiveussomemedallions

• Like 2

This is just an idea de. While I am dissapointed switch never gets updates the same time as other consoles, I was thinking that you could maybe send switches version to cert a little earlier than other versions?  So there is enough time for it to go through so it hits the deadline?

• Like 4
5 hours ago, (NSW)CharaTheDemon said:

Nothing surprising here. Just another reason to not buy the next Nintendo console. Glad I learned my lesson with this one, at least.

to be fair we are in the middle of a pandemic so it is also the reason why the update will be late 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, (NSW)bluedrag said:

to be fair we are in the middle of a pandemic so it is also the reason why the update will be late 

Oh come one! The pandemic has nothing to fo with this. Thats just the easy answear for everything this year! They screwed up as always ! End of story.

You dont send a update to cert 3 days before launch with Nintendo. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

Oh come one! The pandemic has nothing to fo with this. Thats just the easy answear for everything this year! They screwed up as always ! End of story.

You dont send a update to cert 3 days before launch with like Nintendo. 

And yet Sony and Microsoft, who actually pay their Cert teams, have the update approved just in time. Sorry, but here its a case of the Switch service sucking. The Console (and its technical service) is the one that just can't keep up with the competition. 

• Like 3
il y a 18 minutes, (NSW)CharaTheDemon a dit :

And yet Sony and Microsoft, who actually pay their Cert teams, have the update approved just in time. Sorry, but here its a case of the Switch service sucking. The Console (and its technical service) is the one that just can't keep up with the competition. 

Thats even worse. Why can the other 2 compagnies manage it and not Nintendo? 

Nintendo is just bad in all shapes and forms. But DE isnt better. They know Nintendo is horrible for cert so why not send to cert before.

Both sides are wrong. Lets just hope it wil not be a second Old Blood Fiasco. 

And maybe next time, do not promise to the whole world that your update will be live on all platforms at the same time. 

Edited by (NSW)Lorkhan
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, (NSW)CharaTheDemon said:

41 minutes ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

Thats even worse. Why can the other 2 compagnies manage it and not Nintendo? 

Nintendo is just bad in all shapes and forms. But DE isnt better. They know Nintendo is horrible for cert so why not send to cert before.

Both sides are wrong. Lets just hope it wil not be a second Old Blood Fiasco. 

And maybe next time, do not promise to the whole world that your update will be live on all platforms at the same time. 

Because they can't send an incomplete build to Cert. They can't send a Switch build early when it can literally break the game if they do so. They can't send anything before it's done because they can't send anything else until the first item passes through Cert. What you are suggesting they do would make Warframe on the Switch entirely unplayable not just bugged out. This mess falls entirely on Nintendo's shoulders because they aren't being held to the same standards as the other two consoles. Stop blaming DE for Nintendo dropping the ball. The Old Blood Fiasco is nothing compared to Fortuna. Everyone had it for nearly 6 months before Switch got it.

• Like 6

The delay was to be expected for Switch which doesn't change the fact that I am slightly disappointed but whatever. Maybe a miracle happens and it passes Cert today kek

Also what's with the Tennogen catchup? Sure feels bad to not have half of the skins when Fashionframe is endgame. Now I can't even make myself beautiful while I wait for the update sadge

• Like 2

My bets for Switch release, will be delayed for at least 2 weeks.

Logical reason, DE still havn't balanced Helminth system. Rest of playerbase will start exploit the overpowered "Roar" and all abilities to clear giant monsters. This will cause them to ignore and stop the cert-passed build to release for switch (Obviously since it has exploit). DE will wait entire week to collect data and balance it. Re-submit the balanced version. Then another week to clear the cert process LMAO.

Edited by (NSW)Osairas

will we get any EFFING compensation? you can't seriously expect us to be okay with a half arsed apology which you didn't even bother to open a new post for.

this level of negligence towards switch players is disgusting if it ends up with us just being shafted for YOUR mistakes.

and yes i am pissed because herp-a-derp go get spoiled watching twitch for drops but fu switch players cuz we rather nerf helminth and come up with other excuses than to make sure the switch playerbase doesn't feel like a POS

• Like 2