(SWITCH) Heart of Deimos: Update 29 Status: Live!

il y a 48 minutes, (NSW)Osairas a dit :

My bets for Switch release, will be delayed for at least 2 weeks.
Logical reason, DE still havn't balanced Helminth system. Rest of playerbase will start exploit the overpowered "Roar" and all abilities to clear giant monsters. And will take a week to patch and re-submit the balanced version. Another week to clear the cert process LMAO

The update's already in Cert, they won't just cancel it and start the process from scratch to implement some minor fixes (I'm saying minor comparatively to the assets pertaining to the update. Some glitches might break the game, but fixing them can be as simple as a line of code). 

Unless it doesn't pass Cert, but that's another problem entirely, and I don't think it'll happen. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, (NSW)Faerwald said:

The update's already in Cert, they won't just cancel it and start the process from scratch to implement some minor fixes (I'm saying minor comparatively to the assets pertaining to the update. Some glitches might break the game, but fixing them can be as simple as a line of code). 

Unless it doesn't pass Cert, but that's another problem entirely, and I don't think it'll happen. 

It does when exploits r found in game, and right now DE openly giving exploited game mode called "Helminth system".

1 hour ago, (NSW)Osairas said:

My bets for Switch release, will be delayed for at least 2 weeks.
Logical reason, DE still havn't balanced Helminth system. Rest of playerbase will start exploit the overpowered "Roar" and all abilities to clear giant monsters. And will take a week to patch and re-submit the balanced version. Another week to clear the cert process LMAO

Since it's already in Cert they can't send anything else until either the update is approved or denied. They can't patch and re-submit what they don't have access to anymore. The update will have to clear Cert before we can get anything else.

50 minutes ago, (NSW)Coyce said:

will we get any EFFING compensation? you can't seriously expect us to be okay with a half arsed apology which you didn't even bother to open a new post for.

this level of negligence towards switch players is disgusting if it ends up with us just being shafted for YOUR mistakes.

and yes i am pissed because herp-a-derp go get spoiled watching twitch for drops but fu switch players cuz we rather nerf helminth and come up with other excuses than to make sure the switch playerbase doesn't feel like a POS

I don't think we'll get compensation so long as launch still happens this week, and the blame falls on Nintendo Cert for not being equipped to properly handle third party content, not DE. All consoles were sent to Cert at the same time, Xbox and PlayStation are getting it no problem because they've updated with third party content consistently for the past several years. On the other hand Nintendo has only been addressing update-heavy third party content for a little over a few years. The changes to Helminth System are a rebalance not a nerf, and the changes they've made are already in the update that was sent in.

• Like 1
On 2020-08-22 at 10:15 AM, (NSW)Finlaena said:

Well, that’s just prime. :T

I know it’s no fault of DE’s and more on Nintendo’s end, but man...

Stuff like this makes me wish I could transfer my account to the Xbox One or PS4 versions instead of having to start over from scratch. 😕

Same. I've been really wanting to transfer to PS4 since I bought a Pro. I was excited for it today, just to be let down. And the worst part is, there's nothing DE can do about it since it's a Nintendo problem. And Nintendo is anything but reliable, so who knows when we're actually going to get it? Next week can be DE's hope, but Nintendo could very well release it in 2069 and we would never get an update from them.

Oh well, it is what it is. I'll accept it and move on with my day. And I'll try and avoid spoilers on the internet of course. When it drops, I'll be very happy to play it though, so I'm still looking forward to that 🙂

Thanks for keeping us updated Danielle 😊

Edited by (NSW)FlameDivinity
  • Like 4
8 hours ago, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

Oh come one! The pandemic has nothing to fo with this. Thats just the easy answear for everything this year! They screwed up as always ! End of story.

You dont send a update to cert 3 days before launch with Nintendo. 

i just found out nintendo of america handles the cert process and they only have 1 or 2 people who handle it also you

16 hours ago, (NSW)CharaTheDemon said:

Nothing surprising here. Just another reason to not buy the next Nintendo console. Glad I learned my lesson with this one, at least.

also i forgot to mention you dont buy a nintendo console for indie games you buy it for the 1st party titles

• Like 1
il y a 16 minutes, (NSW)bluedrag a dit :

i just found out nintendo of america handles the cert process and they only have 1 or 2 people who handle it also you

Hey guess what? Same number of people for Xbox and Ps4 .

XD 

• Like 1

I've been looking at this thread for a while, and I am finding it really odd that so many people want to put all the blame for the delays on Nintendo and claim that DE is completely innocent here!

DE submitted the update into Cert on Saturday. And after that they acted really surprised that Cert hasn't been done by 1PM on Monday!

Unless you expect Nintendo's QA team to work nights and weekends to make up for DE's mistakes, that leaves Nintendo 4 hours for Cert (9AM to 1PM on Monday). Properly testing a piece of software like Warframe takes much longer than 4 hours - and that's something DE should know!

So the blame here lies solely with DE's management. They should have known when to make the code cutoff time, and they should have planned for console cert to take more than 4 hours.

How did PS4 and XBOX versions get through Cert so quickly? I can only speculate. Maybe there's an expedited process (that DE would not qualify for with Nintendo due to the Old Blood debacle). Maybe they simply don't need to test as much (more powerful hardware, better virtualization). Or maybe they make their QA work Sundays - which doesn't seem all that great either.

• Like 7
36 minutes ago, (NSW)afterHours413 said:

Watch as we get deimos in early december.

This is literally the old blood all over again.

im pretty sure that was link to a accented that happen in japan i believe it was an earth quake

Edited by (NSW)bluedrag
  • Like 1

If this be only about old blood, but almost every update is delayed. This and what N do, joy-cons, pro controller, etc.

i start to looking at shooting star, maybe the my wish for cross-progress or at last easy migration come true.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, (NSW)Osairas said:

It does when exploits r found in game, and right now DE openly giving exploited game mode called "Helminth system".

Explot: something that brasks the game in a way on your favor.
Helminth System: A system that seems overpowerd that theya re introducing.

Something overpowerd is not a exploit, just overpowerd.
Adn if you've been living under a rock, they nerfed Roar and other damaging abilities when you pass it down.

1 minute ago, (NSW)zook-pl said:

If this be only about old blood, but almost every update is delayed. This and what N do, joy-cons, pro controller, etc.

i start to looking at shooting star, maybe the my wish for cross-progress or at last easy migration come true.

and what some people dont get is that the reason old blood update got delayed on switch for so long was due to an earthquake

On 2020-08-19 at 3:14 PM, (NSW)Lorkhan said:

Yep we're definitively screwed. We all know that Nintendo are the worse for cert ( Old Blood Fiasco !!!) So unless there is a miracle, we'll we wont have the update on the 25...

Why am I not even surprised.

You ever going to put that thing you call an "update" to cert maybe. Because guess what, it comes out on the 25th on ALL PLATFORMS. 

forgot to mention to you the reason old blood got delayed badly was due to an earthquake in japan

Il y a 2 heures, (NSW)bluedrag a dit :

forgot to mention to you the reason old blood got delayed badly was due to an earthquake in japan

Yeah, between pandemics, earthquakes and only god knows what...

What next? Meteor strikes?

Edit

Well would you look at that... The other all get the update now. So DE, what you're gonna do now hum?

Edited by (NSW)Lorkhan
il y a 3 minutes, (NSW)MiguelMTapia a dit :

I just wanna play the update 😞

I'm Hoping tomorrow launches

Well we're screwed you know. We still have no updates on the situation tonight so that means we wont get that piece of garbage before at least the end of the week. Or Nintendo just shot down the update and DE doesnt know how to annonce it to and angry mob.

Checking in now that PC, XB1, and PS4 have launched Heart of Deimos - We are still pending in Cert. We will let you know as soon as we have cleared for launch. Thank you!

• Like 6
Just now, [DE]Danielle said:

Checking in now that PC, XB1, and PS4 have launched Heart of Deimos - We are still pending in Cert. We will let you know as soon as we have cleared for launch. Thank you!

Thank you!

• Like 1

Well, I can wait a few days longer because on switch I can play it everywhere I want and I have motion controls 🤗 I still think it's the best way to play warframe 🙈 I would not want to play it anywhere else... (But i would like to play together with my friends that only have a pc - crossplay please 🙈)

• Like 3