(SWITCH) Heart of Deimos: Update 29 Status: Live!

I play on Switch because it's most optimized, feature richest, comfortable and overall most impressive version of the game.

Also the migration from pc was just copying the account to Switch. The pc accounts are still there too, so we regret nothing about that. 😅

If you want DE to remember how important crossplay or crossaves are to you, please ask nicely and be polite.

Then maybe they will respond.

• Like 7
vor 5 Minuten schrieb (NSW)Hermy:

I play on Switch because it's most optimized, feature richest, comfortable and overall most impressive version of the game.

Also the migration from pc was just copying the account to Switch. The pc accounts are still there too, so we regret nothing about that. 😅

If you want DE to remember how important crossplay or crossaves are to you, please ask nicely and be polite.

Thank God 😄 finally someone reasonable.

All the Yelling, blaming, cursing. it won´t do anything.

Talking to DE with respect while being polite is the way to go.

• Like 2
En 12/8/2020 a las 20:41, [DE]Danielle dijo:

UI Reskins:
Since our Dev Workshops in early 2020, we have made a lot of progress behind the scenes on UI updates and changes. The End-of-Mission re-design is coming, and it adheres to feedback we received as well as our own direction to better showcase your Warframes and your squad’s Warframes! 

That's great! maybe int he other update you can add the mission node name somewhere! that would be really useful. 

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Like 2
1 hour ago, (NSW)Coyce said:

it was DEs conscient choice to put those abilities in as they were until people told them how broken that would be.

the correct approach would have been to ship as-is and then tweak afterwards. but instead of nerfs they should've buffed trash abilities like nyx 1. i think only zephyrs ability got a rework, the others like ivara quiver just got 2 choices for whatever reason. nothing makes sense in that system.

oh and on a side note: switch players don't receive prex cards either. i have 6 teshin messages with no attachements but the usual twitch drop bla bla. here's hoping they appear in the messages when HoS hits switch (and it better does)

I can agree that it likely would've been better to alter Helminth-transferred abilities as needed after HoD came out, possibly based on player usage or how many players put a particular ability on one or more of their frames (Hypothetically that would disregard how often the frame uses the ability), but on a brighter note it's not impossible that the Helminth system can be further updated from here on out.

In terms of other buffed abilities, Limbo's Banish can now be cancelled early by holding the button during a Banish, which is certainly a buff! I'm hoping other abilities could see buffs as well eventually; I'd have to find it, but I recall seeing a mention somewhere that the Helminth system could or would shed some light on rework eligibility for frames / their abilities.

As for the Prex Cards, [DE]Helen made a thread mentioning that missing drops would get added in manually after the Deimos update arrives on the Switch.

Thankfully, any Warframe stream on Twitch can drop the Prex Cards, not just DE streams. So theoretically people could get drops on Friday and the weekend as well, provided someone streams at the time.

• Like 1
hace 1 hora, (NSW)Hermy dijo:

exactly, and don't forget to put some Amplify and Stretch, Reach, Continuity, Augur Message, mod to your comment, maybe, just in that way they may see a comment. 

Anybody GIF

• Like 1
En 12/8/2020 a las 20:41, [DE]Danielle dijo:

8/24/2020 Status Update:

With the news that Heart of Deimos on PS4 and Xbox One will be launching tomorrow, we are here to give you a status update on where Nintendo Switch is at with its own Cert progress. At this time, we have not heard back about its Cert approval. As a result, Heart of Deimos will be launching sometime later this week on Nintendo Switch and not tomorrow August 25th. We know this is disappointing to hear, but we will be watching for the news to come in and sharing updates with you so that you can pencil in the Heart of Deimos launch in your calendars. 

Thank you for your patience!

I found some article explaining how exactly work the certification (so you can see how desperate I'm for any news about our switch update).

The Certification process is simple to explain: A version of the game is sent to be certified and the manufacturer returns the result. Normally it is a report with a list of the errors found and whether or not the game has passed the certification (many times certain "minor" bugs are allowed as long as they are not many or interrupt the player). When it reaches the developer, he has to fix all of them, at least the ones that are blocking, and resubmit another version.

How do you fix a bug? Well, either they fix it, changing the code or art of the game so that it does not present a problem, or it is negotiated. If the problem is that you are missing a "Do not turn off the console while saving" text, it is simply to change that screen for something else; But if you have to change your charging system to be able to animate a little clock, it is a more important change and can require a lot of work.

Some of you may ask yourself, then, what is the objective of this process? Although for the user the result is that the software they buy works, above all, what is involved is to protect the image of the manufacturer. If a game is boring or has animation glitches, the problem lies with the developer. But instead, if you hang or lose your save game, people will not complain about the game, but about Nintendo.

Hope to clarify and calm a bit the anxiety.

thats all folks GIF

• Like 3
vor 5 Minuten schrieb (NSW)H4YKEN1987:

I found some article explaining how exactly work the certification (so you can see how desperate I'm for any news about our switch update).

The Certification process is simple to explain: A version of the game is sent to be certified and the manufacturer returns the result. Normally it is a report with a list of the errors found and whether or not the game has passed the certification (many times certain "minor" bugs are allowed as long as they are not many or interrupt the player). When it reaches the developer, he has to fix all of them, at least the ones that are blocking, and resubmit another version.

How do you fix a bug? Well, either they fix it, changing the code or art of the game so that it does not present a problem, or it is negotiated. If the problem is that you are missing a "Do not turn off the console while saving" text, it is simply to change that screen for something else; But if you have to change your charging system to be able to animate a little clock, it is a more important change and can require a lot of work.

Some of you may ask yourself, then, what is the objective of this process? Although for the user the result is that the software they buy works, above all, what is involved is to protect the image of the manufacturer. If a game is boring or has animation glitches, the problem lies with the developer. But instead, if you hang or lose your save game, people will not complain about the game, but about Nintendo.

Hope to clarify and calm a bit the anxiety.

thats all folks GIF

it can be even worse some bugs could turn your console into a brick. and that would be a catastrophe. imagine stuff like Xbox infamous Red Ring of Death.

Cert is really important.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, (NSW)Coyce said:

it's getting really annoying when people use nintendo as their blame goat, pretending like it wasn't DEs fault for very specifically saying during tennocon that it will be launched on ALL platforms august 25th including nintendo switch. 

they mentioned the switch would get it too. and helminth abilities is definitely a nerf no matter how you see it. roar has capped damage, warcry has reduces strength and duration iirc.

it was DEs conscient choice to put those abilities in as they were until people told them how broken that would be.

the correct approach would have been to ship as-is and then tweak afterwards. but instead of nerfs they should've buffed trash abilities like nyx 1. i think only zephyrs ability got a rework, the others like ivara quiver just got 2 choices for whatever reason. nothing makes sense in that system.

oh and on a side note: switch players don't receive prex cards either. i have 6 teshin messages with no attachements but the usual twitch drop bla bla. here's hoping they appear in the messages when HoS hits switch (and it better does)

They already stated in the thread about the Prex Card Issue that they cannot retroactively fix it and for people to submit a support ticket instead. The cards will continue to drop after the update launches on Switch if we get the update before the campaign is over. We will not obtain what has already dropped if we don't submit tickets.

It's a rebalance because the content was not launched by the time they released it. That cannot in any way shape or form be considered as a 'nerf' when it isn't content we actually had at any given point of time. It cannot be a nerf when they hadn't thought of how it was exploitable before changing it. It's not a nerf when something that breaks the gameplay is changed. It's a rebalance.

Tennocon was the first of the month, things change within a matter of minutes in the world let alone 25 days. Do you know how many people would have been even angrier if we were told that Switch wouldn't get it the same day as everyone else from Day one? There would have been massive riots in the forums. The correct approach was already what they did as they cannot send half-finished coding into Cert unless they want Warframe to be entirely removed from the Switch console. It falls on Nintendo because they aren't being held to the same standards as the other consoles. Everyone had the same amount of time to Cert it, Nintendo needs to up it's game if it actually wants to compete with anybody.

Honestly the Helminth System as a whole is extremely gimmicky. If you don't like the ability then don't use it. If you don't like the system, don't use it. I'm going to still subsume frames to get everything possible, but I don't see the point in changing the way a frame plays simply because 'why not'.

My theory is the Cert team at Nintendo has more games to test than Sony or Microsoft (based on the amount of shovelwares available on the Switch). And if that's true there probably should be more than two guys in the Cert team. Not a big deal though.

• Like 1
hace 1 hora, (NSW)Faerwald dijo:

My theory is the Cert team at Nintendo has more games to test than Sony or Microsoft (based on the amount of shovelwares available on the Switch). And if that's true there probably should be more than two guys in the Cert team. Not a big deal though.

Agree... so wait is the only thing we can do.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Hermy said:

Cross Save is a thing that will be coming no matter what we say at this point. They want it and keep saying it is being worked on. It is now up to DE to get it done, ironing out problems like... out of sync platforms. We have just seen their dress rehearsal for this, it didn't go well. They will have to do better. 

It is obvious they 'care' about the platform, otherwise Steve wouldn't have personally gone in and made it run like it does now. The people ITT might be expressing their frustration in those terms but the basic problem for this patch was DE wasn't ready to deal with Nintendo's shortcomings on cert, and we can't go to another platform in the interim because DE is presently unable, completely incapable, of giving us cross save right now. They have a 'path' to cross save, and tripped immediately while following it.

Time for them to dust themselves off and take feedback: assume Nintendo is going to be the bottleneck on release and get their ducks in a row before attaching a date to release, or tell us straight up that it is going to take longer on switch. The former is not going to make the PC players happy but it is the only way we'll get cross save without much more insane workarounds to get around out of sync platforms.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, (NSW)DracoHouston said:

Cross Save is a thing that will be coming no matter what we say at this point.

Cross save (or at least account migration) will have to be implemented fairly soon for a very simple reason: the console generation is coming to an end.

Many people currently playing on PS4/XBOX will want to upgrade, and some of them will end up changing teams. I'm sure DE doesn't want to loose these players. And once migration between Playstation and XBOX is implemented, not adding the Switch in will be seen as so anti-consumer that DE will want to avoid the backlash.

• Like 3

Il y a 4 heures, (NSW)RyuuSouru a dit :

first. not all vets regret the desicion of supporting the game on switch and migrating their accounts. because i migrated too and i am now MR 28. I feel good with Warframe on my Switch. can go everywhere and ready to play if i want to.

and yes this here is not the first or second time that happens. but what should they do? say before hand "well All Platforms expect the Switch are getting this update on 25. August"? even if they said that the Switch version would come 1-2 weeks afte the others... they would get yelled at.
other option would be to hold the Update back on all platforms so everyone got it at the same time but then they will get yelled at that PC, Xbox and PS has to wait because updates need more time to go Cert at Nintendo.

there is no way to do it perfect so everyone is happy. they worked hard and tried to put it in cert on time but that just didn´t work. well atleast they tried.

They working really hard on that game and are trying to satisfy all of the Players but that is something that will never happen.

I don´t see a way where everyone will be happy. because such things like this aren´t be able to get under fully control everytime. 4 Builds of Warframe, 4 Platforms, everything needs to be checked over and over again. Cert Process at Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.
it only need one thing to mess up the whole plan.
Warframe is just a game. I played it for thousands of hours and will do much more. yes its a bummer with the update but its not the end of the world.

DE should just never give a release date. because if something is going to messed up people like you are crying all the time. they don´t understand the pressure and stress DE is under. The work DE is putting in this game to give us all a fun experience. and yeah god dang it ... DE are Humans too. Humans do make mistakes.

Im always proud of the incredible Community in Warframe... but when i read what is going on here and what people think and the absolut disrespect here... its a shame.

Nevertheless... i wish you a great day.

"DE are humans too" so we are! and that's the way people act when they can't get something when they faced an unfairness and yes DE are putting their whole heart in the game but some players are doing it, some put money in the game, some buy brand merch and some even take a day off to play the game. You can't deny the caring that warframe has  to players so it's understandable that they're angry when it doesn't seem to be return.

Also you can't say that you're ashamed of the way we act because i have read all this thread and i don't remeber seeing people insulting or cursing DE and more than that some are even taking it lightly and for all the other behavior it's normal and i don't see what the problem is to be angry at something and yes DE may never be able to satisfy evryone but that doesn't mean we should just be angry and say nothing and DE as nice as they are still are here to make money they are selling us a game and we "buy it" (or for warframe we buy things in game) and when something that you "bought" doesn't work correctly or come late you complain so even if warframe and DE clearly aren't here just for the money all thoses complains are normal you can even see it as a proof of how much people care about warframe. Eventually if you still don't understand the way they're behaving and consider that a different way of thinking bear them shame then you might be the most shameful for not having an ounce of understanding or maybe you just don't care the game as much as they do but someone even put a day-off or put a lot of money in this game.

• Like 3
il y a 44 minutes, (NSW)OrcBlorg a dit :

"DE are humans too" so we are! and that's the way people act when they can't get something when they faced an unfairness and yes DE are putting their whole heart in the game but some players are doing it, some put money in the game, some buy brand merch and some even take a day off to play the game. You can't deny the caring that warframe has  to players so it's understandable that they're angry when it doesn't seem to be return.

Also you can't say that you're ashamed of the way we act because i have read all this thread and i don't remeber seeing people insulting or cursing DE and more than that some are even taking it lightly and for all the other behavior it's normal and i don't see what the problem is to be angry at something and yes DE may never be able to satisfy evryone but that doesn't mean we should just be angry and say nothing and DE as nice as they are still are here to make money they are selling us a game and we "buy it" (or for warframe we buy things in game) and when something that you "bought" doesn't work correctly or come late you complain so even if warframe and DE clearly aren't here just for the money all thoses complains are normal you can even see it as a proof of how much people care about warframe. Eventually if you still don't understand the way they're behaving and consider that a different way of thinking bear them shame then you might be the most shameful for not having an ounce of understanding or maybe you just don't care the game as much as they do but someone even put a day-off or put a lot of money in this game.

Your comment is the one that actually made me smile. Finally someone that accepts that we can be angry.

I love this game, I have spend hours playing it and spend a lot of money on it. Even if I complain, I love this game more than any other game I have. DE goes always a great job with Warframe that why I always want to support them buy buying some merch or in game stuff. Hell the new packs that came ingame yesterday, I brought them not even 10min after they where released.

Thats why its even more dissapointing and horrible when we get screwed like that. Even now I stay on this page just to see if there is anything during the day.

I'm litterally avoiding all warframe medias because I want to experience Deimos myself and not be entierly spoiled by YouTube, twitch, Facebook and gos know what else.

Edited by (NSW)Lorkhan
  • Like 3

I can deal with Switch getting updates last. I can deal with delays. The only thing that disappoints me was the big announcement during Tennocon. Possibly just misunderstood, but with the big announcement and celebrating it really sounded like they had already accounted for Nintendos slower process. I was thinking that all were being sent early and in plenty of time to sync the release on all 3 platforms. Why not send them, wait to pass cert, announce the date, release. Its seems so obvious to me. People wont get upset about a release not coming the exact minute it passes cert if they have no idea if it's even in cert. Just make the content, give us a release date, release it. Giving us extra info is good in theory, but obviously, in practice it causes players and devs much headache.

• Like 6
vor 47 Minuten schrieb (NSW)OrcBlorg:

I played for Thousand of hours too, i took many days off to play that game and i spend multiple hundreds in this game.
but that doesn´t mean i need to be angry about something like this.
They explained the reason, they apologized to us, they gave us the information that the update will come this week. what do you guys need more?
they surely didn´t do that on purpose.

and yes I expressed myself badly when i talked about the cursing "here" because i didn´t meant this thread in the first place but more Twitter...

Im sad that the update got delayed but well. they explained to us why. so why i have to be angry? I understand whats happened and im sure DE is trying what they can that this hopefully not happens again. but to be fair, it will. They always want to send out the updates as soon as they can.
if they would just wait prepare everything for every plattform these things won´t happen. but we may will get these updates much later which would make much player angry too.

i understand when Players are Sad or Angry. but to expess it so reckless... i don´t know if that is the right way.
there are better ways in my opinion to handle this situation on both sides but specially on the player side.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Thankfully, any Warframe stream on Twitch can drop the Prex Cards, not just DE streams. So theoretically people could get drops on Friday and the weekend as well, provided someone streams at the time.

They do I just got eight by lurking on a non DE stream

il y a 52 minutes, (NSW)RyuuSouru a dit :

I played for Thousand of hours too, i took many days off to play that game and i spend multiple hundreds in this game.
but that doesn´t mean i need to be angry about something like this.
They explained the reason, they apologized to us, they gave us the information that the update will come this week. what do you guys need more?
they surely didn´t do that on purpose.

and yes I expressed myself badly when i talked about the cursing "here" because i didn´t meant this thread in the first place but more Twitter...

Im sad that the update got delayed but well. they explained to us why. so why i have to be angry? I understand whats happened and im sure DE is trying what they can that this hopefully not happens again. but to be fair, it will. They always want to send out the updates as soon as they can.
if they would just wait prepare everything for every plattform these things won´t happen. but we may will get these updates much later which would make much player angry too.

i understand when Players are Sad or Angry. but to expess it so reckless... i don´t know if that is the right way.
there are better ways in my opinion to handle this situation on both sides but specially on the player side.

it sure isn't the right way but people just send back what they received and when the take thingsbadly they send things back badly and if the fact that it's not nice to do something was a reason to not do it then we'll live in a perfect world so all DE can do is take all that in account and be sure evrithing is ok before doing the release but you can't be mad at people for critisism when you do a product for those same people. So we're mad at them for not fulfilling their promise and people got differents maners to express it on differents media but like once said a great man IT IS WHAT IT IS. 🙂

Edited by (NSW)OrcBlorg
il y a 39 minutes, (NSW)Skyress a dit :

Be disappointed or little angry is a thing, be disrespectful is another.

true but you can be sure that people who liked your comment aren't disrespectful and that people wich you talk about don't care about it because we all know people can do or say things when blinded by anger and it's even more true when they're not the only one and are on internet. It's not a good thing and it's not correct but i still understand their anger and going to such extent to show it should make DE reflect at how (and why) the switch community thought being treated.

Tbh I really wish I could get of the switch not just for the cert issues but no one on switch plays together or even talks on mic.  If I had known switch would turn out this way I would never have played this game On this console but due to digital extremes policies in currently stuck on switch cause if I were to go somewhere else I lose everything plus the stuff I paid for in the first place 

• Like 6
il y a 15 minutes, (NSW)Edrp a dit :

I'd burst into sad laughter if the update got forgotten in the cert team's weekend inbox mess. 

That is for sure... Maybe going in a corner eating chocolate too