(SWITCH) Heart of Deimos: Update 29 Status: Live!

7 hours ago, (NSW)DracoHouston said:

Cross Save is a thing that will be coming no matter what we say at this point. They want it and keep saying it is being worked on. 

Where and when have they ever said that? From what I've seen they have always dodged around or ignored that question every time its brought up on stream.

Then again they've always dodged around the question of the hydroid prime trailer and thats a thing now.

Not calling you a liar just asking for your source, as I have yet to see or hear about a definitive  “we are doing this” from DE

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Nadlug said:

Where and when have they ever said that? From what I've seen they have always dodged around or ignored that question every time its brought up on stream.

Then again they've always dodged around the question of the hydroid prime trailer and thats a thing now.

Not calling you a liar just asking for your source, as I have yet to see or hear about a definitive  “we are doing this” from DE

Earlier in the year it came up a few times. We heard that there was a report being done on it, then that there was one person working on it. Since then we haven't heard much. It gets addressed almost every stream now though, and the response is always "We hear you, we want to do it, but we have nothing to talk about right now". A few weeks ago (I believe in the last devstream before tennocon) we heard that "there wasn't a lot of code written to support it yet". So take that how you will. 

Edited by (NSW)ohgodzilla
15 hours ago, (NSW)RyuuSouru said:

i never click on follow. i follow everything manually. dont think im the only one.

PS: You know how many the Threads for Xbox and PS follow? Xbox 9, PS 14.
so what do you want to say with that Number? compared to the other consoles?

fair! gg

7 minutes ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Earlier in the year it came up a few times. We heard that there was a report being done on it, then that there was one person working on it. Since then we haven't heard much. It gets addressed almost every stream now though, and the response is always "We hear you, we want to do it, but we have nothing to talk about right now". A few weeks ago (I believe in the last devstream before tennocon) we heard that "there wasn't a lot of code written to support it yet". So take that how you will. 

Waiting for cross-save isnt a solution, every time it gets mention its always like that. It gives off the feeling that isn't anywhere near done, could be 3 years from now and we still dont have cross-save. They've been talking about cross save since ps4 and xbox got warframe and its still the same thing.

A lot of online games have cross progression among all platforms, and these are games like warframe, which get constant updates so DE either doesnt think its worth money wise investing on cross-save or they simply think they have better stuff to do. Unless there's a big uproar I doubt they will switch their focus. Pun not intended.

1 minute ago, (NSW)-Ri- said:

Waiting for cross-save isnt a solution, every time it gets mention its always like that. It gives off the feeling that isn't anywhere near done, could be 3 years from now and we still dont have cross-save. They've been talking about cross save since ps4 and xbox got warframe and its still the same thing.

A lot of online games have cross progression among all platforms, and these are games like warframe, which get constant updates so DE either doesnt think its worth money wise investing on cross-save or they simply think they have better stuff to do. Unless there's a big uproar I doubt they will switch their focus. Pun not intended.

Agreed. I've been stuck in limbo trying to decide about restarting on PC for the past two years since cross save has been floated as something they're interested in during that whole time, and losing thousands of hours progress is a hard pill to swallow. I don't expect them to give an ETA on the feature, but it would be really nice to know if it's say, 2 more months or 2 more years away still. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Agreed. I've been stuck in limbo trying to decide about restarting on PC for the past two years since cross save has been floated as something they're interested in during that whole time, and losing thousands of hours progress is a hard pill to swallow. I don't expect them to give an ETA on the feature, but it would be really nice to know if it's say, 2 more months or 2 more years away still. 

You are not the only person in that situation. Like you, many others are stuck between going back to PC and losing thousand on hours on switch or just sucking it up and dealing with all this. I see a lot of people making the point that you dont lose anything if you go back to PC but you obviously do.

Cross progression wont be a reality in the near future, the only real option would be to migrate back to PC but if they enable that, switch player base ,which is already decreasing, would just die. Some would still play on switch but most who came from PC would go back to it.

I remember around Fortuna patch 1 there was a nasty bug that would cause a full, systemwide crash that would force you to hard-reset your Switch. I have no idea what even caused it. I would just randomly get it. I am more than okay with the patch being delayed a few days if it means I don't have to worry about having a $300 paperweight.

• Like 1

I would migrate to PC if they allowed it, I love being able to play on the couch away from a TV, or while the wife watches something, but the controls, load times and overall performance on the PC is just so much better.  Honestly it performs very well on the Switch, but it just can't rival a PC.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, (NSW)OmegaVile said:

Completely off topic, but doesn't anyone else think that the "Mother" Looks like an Alura Une from the Castlevania series?

She does a bit but it'd be easier if I could talk to her in game. 😛

• Like 1
il y a 11 minutes, (NSW)DeadPhish a dit :

I bet you're right

Well I hope not. I'd rather it drops the moment it's ready. Keeping us in the dark for two more days just because "hey, suprise!" would be very clumsy PR-wise. 

It'd be super insulting to the switch players. 

Edited by (NSW)Faerwald
  • Like 2

Most like the release will be Friday as nintendo updates their software Thursday after noon in the us  and since cert always seems to pass as they update the eshop. Most likely we will have news tomorrow afternoon prime example is the past update we had on switch deadlock protocol.   It’s cert pass Monday afternoon as nintendo updated the eshop and de immediately got word then posted the news on the orbiter feed they then launches the following day

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, (NSW)Faerwald said:

Well I hope not. I'd rather it drops the moment it's ready. Keeping us in the dark for two more days just because "hey, suprise!" would be very clumsy PR-wise. 

It'd be super insulting to the switch players. 

I agree with you there as well

Heart of Deimos: Update 29 has officially passed Cert and will be launching tomorrow, Thursday, August 27th around 11 AM ET! You will be visited by Red Text to start the countdown to Deimos. Learn more about the update here: https://www.warframe.com/deimos

The hotfixes that have been released since PC, PS4, and XB1 launched on Tuesday will also be included in tomorrow's launch. So our Nintenno can enjoy the fixed bugs and changes made alongside the rest of the community! 

Also a reminder that the size of the Heart of Deimos update will bring Warframe over the base memory allowance on Nintendo Switch. More details on that are available in the OP. 

See you tomorrow, Tenno! Mother is excited to meet you. 

• Like 13