Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the subsumable abilties were revealed... What builds do you have in mind?

XaelathRavenstorm

1 minute ago, SweetAnubis said:

i totally get you... i was hoping for more fun unique abilities not more damage or armor boost abilities. my hopes for getting ripcord are dashed and any chance of them switching it in are shattered as the min maxers and elitists would throw hell up about warcry being swapped out.... now every melee build will require warcry....

My first thought was to put spores in Nidus, wasn't thinking of balance so much as how thematically appropriate it would be. Then they said no signature abilities and I thought, "Hell, I guess I'll give him Rip Line so I can pretend to be an infested ancient. The whole system feels a little anticlimactic now, not really excited and that sucks because I'm one of those guys that's all stupid in love with all the infested things in the game, even the ones that are terrible, which is most of 'em.

So, I'll subsume all the frames and max out the system. Then sit on it in hopes of it getting a rework, or massive update in a few years that makes it compelling to me.

12 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

My first thought was to put spores in Nidus, wasn't thinking of balance so much as how thematically appropriate it would be. Then they said no signature abilities and I thought, "Hell, I guess I'll give him Rip Line so I can pretend to be an infested ancient. The whole system feels a little anticlimactic now, not really excited and that sucks because I'm one of those guys that's all stupid in love with all the infested things in the game, even the ones that are terrible, which is most of 'em.

So, I'll subsume all the frames and max out the system. Then sit on it in hopes of it getting a rework, or massive update in a few years that makes it compelling to me.

i mean they did say nothing is final til release.... we could push for ripline if enough of us made compelling enough arguments for it XD

Thinking of going with armor strip or damage buff on titania. Pillage seems like the easiest option but shuriken could be the funnier one. Also gotta try out some kind of damage buff. Eclipse maybe? Or smite? Oh and Eternal War Titania, because memes.

Chroma gets some potential here, and a lot of directions to take.

Gara, Vauban and Protea are just going to be insane with this.

Going to have to spend some time with this list, there were several abilities I did not anticipate us having access to. 

The list surprises me a lot not gonna lie. Some abilities given are so powerful it's almost a no-brainer to use.

Rhino's Roar and Chroma's Ward are probably the best for most frames.

Valkyr's Warcry for melee oriented frames. Or Excalibur's RB if you want some CC.

29 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

The list surprises me a lot not gonna lie. Some abilities given are so powerful it's almost a no-brainer to use.

Rhino's Roar and Chroma's Ward are probably the best for most frames.

Valkyr's Warcry for melee oriented frames. Or Excalibur's RB if you want some CC.

honestly i think thats what irritates me the most.... they said they wouldnt use signature abilities which are defining abilities of frames (ie powerful game changers) yet here we are with warcry instead of rip line.... i mean is there any reason to keep valkyr anymore? and everyone keeps saying rip line is useless and devs stated abilities never used would get buffs like airburst did. yet it seems like theyve invalidated a frame except as helminth fodder with this choice

(ok maybe im a little salty cause i rly wanted rip line on my inaros... the mobility woulda been hella useful, also fun as hell, and who ever heard of ninjas without grappling hooks.... i want my grappling hook *growls grumpily*)

56 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Yeah, didnd't they say subsumed abilities are going to be stronger? What is SubSilence going to be? More duration? Less duration? Less cost?

Not exactly, afaik.  The did say some subsumable abilities would be getting buffed at base.  i.e., the ability would be buffed for everybody, not just for a frame stealing it.  Then there's a few abilities getting a slightly different version--not a buff--when it's copied.  For example, Nourish wouldn't work otherwise.

Unfortunately the only buffs announced in the dev workshop are to Well of Life and Air Burst.  I wouldn't be shocked if a few more  get buffed...eventually.

Silence is a funny one though.  I could see it being less likely to get buffed now that it can get used on frames that can really abuse it.

4 hours ago, (XB1)CaligulaTwily said:

I was hoping to put a continuously channeled ability on Nekros, something to keep Energy draining so I can continuously pick up EngOrbs. Probably gonna put Nullstar on Nekros for survivability, only Frame I've really thought about for ability replacement. Something that ignores strength but scales good with duration/range

I think Lull is gonna be the winner. Replace Terrify with Lull. Should add good survivability to Nekros if enemies are sleeping, plus it's cute thinking of enemies just peacefully accepting their deaths instead of running away in terror. Still fits Nekros "death" theme too imo, just a different facet

8 hours ago, (PS4)NoTrollGaming said:

I’m getting wet just thinking of what I can do to my boys chroma nidus and inaros😍😍😍

perhaps gauss and revenant too, but then three are my heroes

Nidus, nothing. He literally needs his entire kit to be effective. 

Smite/Smite Infusion is a great choice for any weapons platform. I'll be replacing Nova's portal and Wisp's Sol with Smite. Should be huge DPS buff for the Kuva Nukor.

Oberon needs a bit more DR, so the obvious choice is replacing his Reckoning with Defy or War Cry. 

Baruuk's Elude will be replaced with Roar for even more Serene Storm damage.

Mag's 1 - probably Pillage with its augment.

larva on EV trinity. 

larva on hildryn

warcry on volt

banish on loki. Banish and switch teleport on the same frame!

silence might be nice on inaros. It's just a QoL improvement over throw sand, but he doesn't need anything else. 

mesa probably just gets null star, to cover for the brief downtime on shattershield. 

resonator on speedva? Can you fit yakety sax on one power? 

7 hours ago, (XB1)CaligulaTwily said:

I was hoping to put a continuously channeled ability on Nekros, something to keep Energy draining so I can continuously pick up EngOrbs. Probably gonna put Nullstar on Nekros for survivability, only Frame I've really thought about for ability replacement. Something that ignores strength but scales good with duration/range

That's a good shout, also doesn't take 3 years to cast and doesn't rely on having to kill a bunch of stuff first either.

9 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

That's a winner!

That means I gotta farm another Harrow now though...

Happy to help.

Though if you aren't feeling the Harrow farm you could also use Hildryn's Pillage for MAXIMUM PIRATE themeing.

Actually while I will probably level up the system and sacrifice a bunch of frames to it. I won't do much more until nature takes its course.

First the meta will be found. Then the inevitable Nerf will have to happen. After that the new meta, and at that point it may be worth playing with.

Of course some of my friends are already driving themselves mad trying to figure out how to best combine the cast off abilities from one frame to another.

8 hours ago, (XB1)CaligulaTwily said:

Probably gonna put Nullstar on Nekros for survivability, only Frame I've really thought about for ability replacement. Something that ignores strength but scales good with duration/range

Null Star requires 300%+ ability duration for max damage reduction, and has anti-synergy with ability range (which Nekros wants) since the stars will be consumed more easily by targeting enemies. Hope you like recasting!

48 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Happy to help.

Though if you aren't feeling the Harrow farm you could also use Hildryn's Pillage for MAXIMUM PIRATE themeing.

Aldain? What about Mesa’s 1? Khoras ensnare would fit her theme pretty good? Ash’s 1?  But if roar works with her PM.. and of course quiver, although those don’t necessarily fit her theme....hmmm

Ash

• Firewalker, with a high duration build could give him a nice CC
  • Elemental Ward (toxin)
  • Marked for death Ash, might replace bladestorm with this one

Frost

• Elemental ward (cold) 

Vauban

• Elemental ward (electric)
  • Nullstar
  • Dispenser

Excalibur

• warcry

Mesa

• Dispenser

Nezha

• Warcry

This is just a start, the list can go on forever...

9 hours ago, (XB1)CaligulaTwily said:

Have you tried putting Despoil on Nekros? He won't have any energy issue.

And for survivability, Nekros is already tank-ish because he usually equips Health Conversion, Adaptation, Shield of Shadows, or any combination thereof.

At least I'd put Spellbound on every frame that has spare ability slot and positive duration so I could get status immunity. Primed sure footer for the young.

Mirhino, maybe Rhinity - for ESO. Resonator for future Scarlet Spears so that I could have both CC and damage. Dispensary or spellbound for channeled abilities for energy input...

Other combinations are difficult to invent right now. Maybe Empower: if it hase relative scaling or depends on strength stat, use it on high strength builds, otherwise on lower strength. I hope DE won't nerf this ability to unusability on lower strength builds.

On Ash, if Marked for Death works the way I think it does then I think that and Fatal Teleport would be pretty sick. Either that or Tesla Nervo's Tesla Bank augment should accomplish a similar goal (absurd radial damage that isn't Bladestorm). Basically use MfD, stun them and then FT to them and that finisher damage would radiate outward (right?)

Archived