Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Calling all Mesa users! What Warframe ability should replace Mesa’s 1?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

4 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Because you are right ^.^

F-*rant deleted*

I hate to be right...but why does I always feel something about DE is about do some sort "pull back words" or feel "something is going go wrong" have to be like an itch of that trigger.  It is like weird feeling calculation that I can tell what they are thinking now.  I am guessing the possible ability would be well if we ever get one the good abilities then it would be good enough to able use is "lull" I mean it is a uses for mesa I guess that all the enemies will stand still while your able pin them down easy like a dog then just spray cannon them.

If i understand it correctly, you cant add another buff ability so roar is out. If you could tho, thatd be my pick.

Otherwise id go for defy or elemental ward for a literal tank. Dunno how the holster and reload speed would affect her from toxin aura but even then, heat or cold will get her some more tankyness and electric will net her some cc for groups which is better than her shooting gallery proc.

15 hours ago, trunks013 said:

Cloak arrow is in fact the ability we can transfer i know i didn't believed it at first too ^.^ i was sure it was going to be navigator but NOPE we got quiver LOL ^.^ 

1/2 of quiver, which is a shame, i wouldnt mind cheesing loads of defence missions with zipwire, but it wasnt meant to be.

1 minute ago, Methanoid said:

1/2 of quiver, which is a shame, i wouldnt mind cheesing loads of defence missions with zipwire, but it wasnt meant to be.

I mean mesa already can do the whole "death from above" shtick without the zipwire. It also wouldnt work with her 4 since she always stands tall when she does it and you cant do that on a zipwire

1 minute ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

I mean she already gets 95% dmg red. Defy would make more sense if you wanted survivability. Elemental ward, dispenser, etc also have heals so theres that

I could see myself using elemental ward or dispenser since both are quick to get up, Defy I just dont like since you need to get attacked to get the armor buff, so not something that is quickly reapplied in situation where you just want the buff up to get back to shooting.

With her own buff and null star she'd sit at 99.5% damage reduction without including armor.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I could see myself using elemental ward or dispenser since both are quick to get up, Defy I just dont like since you need to get attacked to get the armor buff, so not something that is quickly reapplied in situation where you just want the buff up to get back to shooting.

With her own buff and null star she'd sit at 99.5% damage reduction without including armor.

True true. The one thing i like about defy tho is that its a panic button for any situation. Like say getting caught in a group where the 95% reduc runs out before you can reapply it. Plus it cures statuses which is handy. 

16 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

basically we aren't going have it for it isn't actual fact we do have to think about it sometime which the DE is going throw useless abilities mix with other useless abilities like volt's shock hand or either excal's slash attack.

The augment for Volt’s shock gives you a substantial damage buff so it is far from useless. 

18 minutes ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

True true. The one thing i like about defy tho is that its a panic button for any situation. Like say getting caught in a group where the 95% reduc runs out before you can reapply it. Plus it cures statuses which is handy. 

That is true, Defy is a nice get out of jail freecard. It will also be more consistant, since you can fully rely on its duration and rebuff when you like, unlike null star which gets eaten by enemies within range (though I dont have much range on my Mesa) and you cant rebuff as you like without an augment.

The end difference is also small when both buffs are at 100%. Defy with Mesa's own buff gives 99.3% DR, while null star results in 99.5% So not a massive increase with null star. However, as null star drops in charges or your duration is lower than the needed 300% to hit 90%, defy will pull ahead, although with more work involved to get it up. Defy duration will also match shatter shield perfectly since both start out at 25 sec.

Hmm maybe I will use defy...

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

In the DE thread Rebecca said any frames with a damage buffing ability can only have 1 damage buffing ability.

So you’d have to drop shooting gallery for roar instead of her 1, but that would still definitely be worth it.

Ye, i mean shooting gallery doesnt have much going for it compared to roar and eclipse. Wouldve been nice to swap out two or more abilities tho. That way she can get a damage buff and a utility ability 

Just now, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

Ye, i mean shooting gallery doesnt have much going for it compared to roar and eclipse. Wouldve been nice to swap out two or more abilities tho. That way she can get a damage buff and a utility ability 

Sure, but this system is already going to be a balancing nightmare. I think it’s good that it’s being limited to 1 ability for a multitude of reasons.

Just now, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Sure, but this system is already going to be a balancing nightmare. I think it’s good that it’s being limited to 1 ability for a multitude of reasons.

Oh i agree. Not saying its a bad thing. Alot of frames usually have 1 crap ability nobody uses except for niche builds or an ability that you dont use often so for me, being able to swap only 1 still works.

Nidus for example even tho hes got a great kit, his link doesnt do much in missions where you move around alot unless you build for alot of range. So being able to swap that out for an ability that fits my playstyle is handy.

Blood Alter to root in place and heal could be nice.

Pillage could also be fun to help strip armor and also heal. I'm gonna be farming Hildryn a lot, I think....

I'm not a fan of Nervos on Vauban but it could be fun to watch the little guys run around and have a ball while MEsa does her thing (says more about her 1st ability than Vauban's really).

Archived