Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Calling all Mesa users! What Warframe ability should replace Mesa’s 1?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Damage, defensive, CC - those are your three choices really.
Mesa already has one of the strongest CC Abilities so people are probably going to elect for either defensive to be able to pay less attention while they stand still for hours at a time, or Damage that they probably shouldn't need if they're setup well.

3 hours ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

I mean she already gets 95% dmg red. Defy would make more sense if you wanted survivability. Elemental ward, dispenser, etc also have heals so theres that

adding more DR would also protect you against Status Effects, therefore removing the like, one weakness Mesa has to offer.
makes the most sense for defensive choices.

1 hour ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

Nidus for example even tho hes got a great kit, his link doesnt do much in missions where you move around alot unless you build for alot of range. 

(why wouldn't you have fairly high Range at all times though since it benefits all of his Abilities greatly)

Just now, RedEyedRaven said:

Mesa is hungry for energy.

Pillage (according to the dev-workshop) will pull energy instead of shields in the subsumed form.

Sounds like a good candidate for a winner.

That throws a wrench in a lot of my other builds while also opening up a lot of other builds.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

“Every Warframe can receive 1 Infused ability at a time in any Ability slot (i.e you could place Shock on any of the 4 Ability slots).“

It’s not ambiguous at all.

Oh, i've read through it quick and missed that part, thanks!

I'm giving her the ammo efficiency helminth ability. Only because I feel like it fits her theme and could genuinely be a native replacement for her 1.

After that, I'll probably experiment with some type if damage buff, although I think she's powerful enough already.

Yes Larval so you can just shoot in one spot and not have to spin your mouse like your mouse pad is on fire. ahahhaha Id rather if they gave us Vaubans Vortex and to the same thing because the duration is 30-40 seconds instead of 5-10 seconds.

28 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm giving her the ammo efficiency helminth ability. Only because I feel like it fits her theme and could genuinely be a native replacement for her 1.

After that, I'll probably experiment with some type if damage buff, although I think she's powerful enough already.

Def giving her pocket sand. Also probably ensnare and I’m gonna play around with pillage, null star, dispensary and roar. That said, other than pocket sand I honestly have no idea.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

Damage, defensive, CC - those are your three choices really.
Mesa already has one of the strongest CC Abilities so people are probably going to elect for either defensive to be able to pay less attention while they stand still for hours at a time, or Damage that they probably shouldn't need if they're setup well.

adding more DR would also protect you against Status Effects, therefore removing the like, one weakness Mesa has to offer.
makes the most sense for defensive choices.

(why wouldn't you have fairly high Range at all times though since it benefits all of his Abilities greatly)

I built my nidus around str lol. Ik its not the most efficient but like stomping things to oblivion. Str builds his stacks faster too iirc. Barely ever used larva unless it was a small room so my range was minimal.

2 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

So would Mesa’s one be considered a buff ability too?

It would. Shooting gallery adds dmg on top of the cc it has but it doesnt focus on either unless you go with the augment. Her 1 is pointless in the long run tho so for me, thats the first thing on the chopping block

21 hours ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

First my reaction to the list....

.....Ew trinity......

Are they serious.  Alot of other seem like great options.  Link would have been competitive with others... but WELL?????

Ivara cloak arrow ftw.  Just sit in there and pow pow.

Too good to be true.  We shall see.

Well's getting reworked to be less clunky tho. Basically turning it into EV except for health. I can see uses for that in a lot of frame kits, especially if it can heal defense targets like it sounds like.

Planning on using more than 1...for diferent missions:

Rush missions: Either Trap skill or infested mobility (gotta wait to see how it works)

Steel path and other high levels: Roar or pillage

Disruption: ensnare

Other withs potential: larva, quiver, pull...oh my so many options!

22 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

that is Ivar's signature move for not really can't use it.  Mag's pull is yes but not well prove well.  More likely Inaro's throwing sand thing works better because well...pew pew I guess or harrow's chain but that is his signature's move for the fact.  More likely Mesa is focusing stun locking right about now and that is only good option that is all to it.

TBH Zephyr's updated 2 is better than pull, since it will concentrate mobs at the point of its impact, making Mesa more efficient.

23 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

So many to choose from. Gonna be hard to pick for each configuration. Im kinda overwhelmed but it feels great! 

Well you basically have 2 options, Dispensary if you have a energy hungry build, and Eclipse if you want mega damage.

7 hours ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

I built my nidus around str lol.

Str builds his stacks faster too iirc. Barely ever used larva unless it was a small room so my range was minimal.

yes, ofcourse one would. but that doesn't get in the way of Range or Duration, for Nidus. :)

Strength doesn't affect your Hits, you get Hits based on, well, Hits on Enemies. the only way to get more Hits is to Link to something for a double Virulence Cast, or detonating Maggots.
Strength doesn't change what those hit. Range theoretically could though by extension of Virulence being able to reach farther.
if you're not using Larva, how do you get a decent amount of Hits? collecting every Enemy in the same Zipcode as you into one spot that you can spam Virulence on is like, the exact way Nidus is designed to be used, hmm.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Craggle95 said:

Hoping Roar is available so i can take Mesa into Eidolon fights and actually contribute

seems like a... peculiar choice, adding Roar to Mesa would certainly make Mesa contribute to the encounter, but by default Mesa doesn't contribute, so picking Mesa in the first place, is well, peculiar.

Just now, taiiat said:

seems like a... peculiar choice, adding Roar to Mesa would certainly make Mesa contribute to the encounter, but by default Mesa doesn't contribute, so picking Mesa in the first place, is well, peculiar.

You are right but just thought it would be a nice change to bring one of my favourite frames to the fight :

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Craggle95 said:

You are right but just thought it would be a nice change to bring one of my favourite frames to the fight :

perhaps, so long as that isn't sounding like saying there aren't a lot of choices, as there is quite the variety of Warframes that contribute despite the restrictions of the encounter.
moreso now i suppose with being able to move Abilities, though.

Archived