Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Calling all Mesa users! What Warframe ability should replace Mesa’s 1?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

yes, ofcourse one would. but that doesn't get in the way of Range or Duration, for Nidus. 🙂

Strength doesn't affect your Hits, you get Hits based on, well, Hits on Enemies. the only way to get more Hits is to Link to something for a double Virulence Cast, or detonating Maggots.
Strength doesn't change what those hit. Range theoretically could though by extension of Virulence being able to reach farther.
if you're not using Larva, how do you get a decent amount of Hits? collecting every Enemy in the same Zipcode as you into one spot that you can spam Virulence on is like, the exact way Nidus is designed to be used, hmm.

seems like a... peculiar choice, adding Roar to Mesa would certainly make Mesa contribute to the encounter, but by default Mesa doesn't contribute, so picking Mesa in the first place, is well, peculiar.

Oof, you just made me realize i need to relook at my nidus' mod setup lol. Still stand by my argument that larva would be the ability i switch out tho. Parasitic link+virulence can cover the alot of ground on their own

Mesa is already a very strong and well balanced frame with few weaknesses. Unless we're referring to specific missions where her standard kit doesn't shine, like spy. 

In all other general purpose usage though, Roar would probably be my pick since moar damage is what Mesa is commonly picked for. So in addition to killing everything she can also... kill everything.

4 hours ago, Oldskinzz said:

Mesa is already a very strong and well balanced frame with few weaknesses. Unless we're referring to specific missions where her standard kit doesn't shine, like spy. 

In all other general purpose usage though, Roar would probably be my pick since moar damage is what Mesa is commonly picked for. So in addition to killing everything she can also... kill everything.

While her kit is great for what it does, her 1 is literally useless. Even for spy, they cant raise the alarm if theyre dead. That said it wouldnt hurt to give her a utility skill like decoy or quiver instead of a damage buff to make her more rounded for any situation.

Self banish? No ? need clarification on that. if no banish then cloak feels very cheese or dispensery for more energy.

Probably roar as a generic buff BUT shooting gallery is also a damage buff ability so you may not be able to replace her 1 with it,

The helminth ammo efficiency one feels apt if not OP.

If Mesa's 2 doesn't count as damage increase .... I might change it to Rhino's Roar ..... since Roar can't be used together on damage increase, right? Like Eclipse .....

But, I personally lean more into Wisp's Breach Surge for additional CC on top of MuzzleFlash .... (:3」

Spoiler

And for cool factor lol

Ideally, I'd replace Mesa 1 with Eclipse or Roar.
If not, then I'd replace Mesa 2 with Eclipse or Roar if they'll let me.

Otherwise, if they gate Mesa out of Eclipse or Roar because they classify her 1 and 2 as damage buffing and won't let you place those in for Mesa then, I'll replace her 1 with Nova Null Star or Hildryn Pillage.

I don't think there's anything else that's worthwhile using.

1 hour ago, uAir said:

Ideally, I'd replace Mesa 1 with Eclipse or Roar.
If not, then I'd replace Mesa 2 with Eclipse or Roar if they'll let me.

Otherwise, if they gate Mesa out of Eclipse or Roar because they classify her 1 and 2 as damage buffing and won't let you place those in for Mesa then, I'll replace her 1 with Nova Null Star or Hildryn Pillage.

I don't think there's anything else that's worthwhile using.

I share the same mind set. If for whatever reason I can’t use Roar or Eclipse for Mesa’s 1 or 2, I’ll go with Dispensary or Elemental Ward, either way 🤷‍♀️

5 hours ago, randomCasualPlayer said:

If Mesa's 2 doesn't count as damage increase .... I might change it to Rhino's Roar ..... since Roar can't be used together on damage increase, right? Like Eclipse .....

But, I personally lean more into Wisp's Breach Surge for additional CC on top of MuzzleFlash .... (:3」

Hide contents

And for cool factor lol

Youd need range for that to work tho wouldnt you? Cant really imagine sacrificing power on a mini turret

the helminth power one

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

isn't simply to replace her 3 with nova 1 considering it's a better defensive ability?

her 3 gives 95% dr with only 119% power and isn't affected by enemies getting to close(loose stars)
nova's stars give 90%dr only if you are 300%+ duration

isn't simply to replace her 3 with nova 1 considering it's a better defensive ability?

95 dr vs 90 dr. Mesa is better but novas gives some better cc and can do dmg. Personally think itd be a downgrade. Defy would probably be more beneficial since you can keep that on in case shatter shield runs out. It also removes status and is a panic button in case things get hairy which is nice. 

Also since mesa always runs with high dur, the armor would last longer

12 minutes ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

95 dr vs 90 dr. Mesa is better but novas gives some better cc and can do dmg. Personally think itd be a downgrade. Defy would probably be more beneficial since you can keep that on in case shatter shield runs out. It also removes status and is a panic button in case things get hairy which is nice. 

Also since mesa always runs with high dur, the armor would last longer

But mesa defense is not good against melee or explosions.

1 hour ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

Youd need range for that to work tho wouldnt you? Cant really imagine sacrificing power on a mini turret

well, I currently have 145% range, I think ...... the one from Stretch. And Wisp's AoE is higher than MuzzleFlash .....

Strength wise, if I remember correctly, I'm already at 239%+ tho (214% + 25% from Growing Power) ..... should be enough, I think.

I lean more to more energy use, tho (around 68% Duration or something), I forgot.

Just need a little bit more confirmation on exact calculation of Peacemaker, so I can choose to increase Ability Strength more (+24% Augur Secret), or keep the Vigorous Swap .....

But mesa defense is not good against melee or explosions.

Pretty sure the 95 dr is for all damage but could be wrong. Ik the skill does cc for melee and guns too. The armor bonus from defy is just insurance.

@randomCasualPlayer keep the swap. Its dmg bonus is multiplicative not additive so its probably one of her preferred mods.

4 hours ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Just projectiles. SS doesn’t give DR against status or melee.

Huh, you learn something new everyday. Still, stand by defy. Wipes status, gives a period of invulnerability and the armor can help for melee targets. Not to mention its spammable if the situations rlly bad. 

Archived