The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Fights and Higher Level Enemies

Subhazard

More difficult shouldn't mean "I need a S#&$load more bullets"

Fighting higher level enemies isn't much harder, just more tedious. Even large boss fights I don't feel as though I'm in any danger, but I constantly have to go back and get more damn ammo because their shields recharge so quickly and all the enemies take 3+ shots with the bronco to kill, and two headshots with the snipetron. These are fully upgraded weapons too.

Instead, higher level normal enemies should be more accurate, run faster and be more willing to use grenades. Higher level melee units should attack faster, and perhaps have more advanced movesets. Higher level 'big' enemies should move faster and be more agressive.

Fighting in Pluto is such a chore. I don't feel challenged, just incredibly bored.

Please don't apply the 'Morrowind Difficulty Slider' to this game.

Mass Effect 3 does it pretty well with the higher difficulties, where tougher enemies will spawn.

I like how much damage high level enemies do right now, but their sponginess really disrupts the flow of the game.

A lot of boss fights I'm just standing there unloading bronco shot after bronco shot until I run out of ammo, where I have to farm some normal mobs until I have enough to do it again. It's not a challenge, just really really tedious.

TL;DR - Tougher areas should spawn more 'heavies', and higher level enemies should do things better and hit harder, rather than just eat up all your bullets.

Edited by Subhazard

But on topic, I deff agree with you Sub, not to mention maybe with the melee bosses, they can add a duel system that occasionally has you in a click-off with the boss to deflect his attack as a wrench in the system, amongst other things :P

What, like a quick time event? I don't know if I'd like that.

How about a fast moving boss, perhaps a rival warframe or something similar. Something that moves around a LOT.

Bosses don't have to be tanky to be challenging. I want something that in order to kill it, I have to use all of the skills I've acquired so far, not all of the ammo I've been alotted at the start of the mission.

BOSSES

Grineer: Rival warframe that is agressive. Will chase after you, jump over your head, hit you from flanks, run away to cover when its shields are down, use devastating abilities, etc. It should feel like a duel between two samurais.

Infection: Some sort of 'The Thing' style hulking beast. The only acceptable tanky boss. Should have ranged DOT attacks and special effects that stun you, slow you down, reverse your movements. The boss should constantly make you change up your approach but should NOT regenerate shields.

Corpus: I like the spider, but it needs to be faster and have less health. It needs to move around, constantly pursuing you, and it needs bots to recharge its shields. What I like about the Corpus is that a head on approach almost never works as they keep forcing you to change up your playstyle.

HEAVIES

Grineer: Completely fine, but needs to move around a lot more. Other grineer units should try to stay near it.

Infection: Fine, but needs to be more agressive, faster. Not SUPER FAST, but fast enough to actually be a threat.

Corpus: Perfect. Intensely annoying, but that's what Corpus should be in my opinion.