Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Booda In The Dueling Room.

sandwishmaker2

I was really shocked and disappointed to see a booda as part of the standard tile set in the new dueling room. Why would you choose decorations for us? Why put in something people worship as a false god? Is religion now part of the game? If so, are you choosing a religion for us? No other decorations are included, why is this "god" including the incense and everything?  I really would like the thing removed and an open space left so that we can put what we want and not what you worship or want. If any of this makes sense to you, do a "please remove the booda" post. Thank You!

I was really shocked and disappointed to see a booda as part of the standard tile set in the new dueling room. Why would you choose decorations for us? Why put in something people worship as a false god? Is religion now part of the game? If so, are you choosing a religion for us? No other decorations are included, why is this "god" including the incense and everything?  I really would like the thing removed and an open space left so that we can put what we want and not what you worship or want. If any of this makes sense to you, do a "please remove the booda" post. Thank You!

But. Who cares what religion you are?

The Tenno obviously believe in Buddha in some way. So...you don't get to choose. That's just how the Tenno are.

I was really shocked and disappointed to see a booda as part of the standard tile set in the new dueling room. Why would you choose decorations for us? Why put in something people worship as a false god? Is religion now part of the game? If so, are you choosing a religion for us? No other decorations are included, why is this "god" including the incense and everything? I really would like the thing removed and an open space left so that we can put what we want and not what you worship or want. If any of this makes sense to you, do a "please remove the booda" post. Thank You!

First, the Buddha matches the Japanese inspired theme the Tenno follow (despite Buddhism not originating in Japan). Second, Buddha isn't (in the most raw sense of Buddhism) a god. People didn't worship him, they followed his teachings. Sort of like Confucianism. Today, some sects of Buddhism do worship Gautama Buddha as a god, I won't deny that. But his visage is often used more as a symbol of peace/tranquility rather than a symbol of the 'religion'.

TL;DR- Its not someone trying to push a religion onto you. And you spelled Buddha wrong.

Edit:

Also, this.

But. Who cares what religion you are?

The Tenno obviously believe in Buddha in some way. So...you don't get to choose. That's just how the Tenno are.

If the statue is supposed to represent their religious beliefs you'd really have to be pretty self-absorbed to feel your beliefs (or a lack of them) should come before the lore. I'm not Buddhist, and I see no problem in the statue remaining where it is.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I think your missing one of my bigger point, The rest of the dojo are empty rooms. They are blank slates.  There is no theme. or "Buddha matches the Japanese inspired theme" . We are suppose to make it what we want. Something changed in the the creation of this room and they decided to put this thing in there. In my asking and understanding why this one room now inflicts a "theme", "look" or what ever, on us rather than letting us choose, I ask the questions, whether they do it, because they believe in the Buddha or something to that extent. I mean, other rooms do not even automatically upgrade. Other rooms you have to destroy and upgrade to get the new look. But this one room upgraded without me doing anything. Is almost like it was so important this Buddha get in there. The best conclusion to this difference in handling, is that it has to do with religion.

My points:

We should continue to have empty rooms we can decorate.

New looks should be put on by destroying the room and recreating it or adding an upgrade feature.

Your personal beliefs or likes should not override the above.

I think your missing one of my bigger point, The rest of the dojo are empty rooms. They are blank slates.  There is no theme. or "Buddha matches the Japanese inspired theme" . We are suppose to make it what we want. Something changed in the the creation of this room and they decided to put this thing in there. In my asking and understanding why this one room now inflicts a "theme", "look" or what ever, on us rather than letting us choose, I ask the questions, whether they do it, because they believe in the Buddha or something to that extent. I mean, other rooms do not even automatically upgrade. Other rooms you have to destroy and upgrade to get the new look. But this one room upgraded without me doing anything. Is almost like it was so important this Buddha get in there. The best conclusion to this difference in handling, is that it has to do with religion.

My points:

We should continue to have empty rooms we can decorate.

New looks should be put on by destroying the room and recreating it or adding an upgrade feature.

Your personal beliefs or likes should not override the above.

You're looking into this too deeply. No one is trying to foist their beliefs onto you. And there is definitely a theme with some of the more aesthetic rooms. If the Tenno are Buddhist and/or follow the Buddhist teachings it is perfectly fine for them to have a statue for their religion in their dojo. This happens a lot in other games, you'll have various characters wearing crosses or references to other biblical figures and no one has a problem with it.

Yes, YOUR personal beliefs should hold no sway over the tenno's. If the tenno are buddhist, they're buddhist. In all likelihood the statue is just part of the japanese theme. Like the gardens, the taiko drums, etc.

The room is mostly empty, it just happens to have decorations built into it. And those decorations are part of the over-arcing theme.

Lastly, assuming it has anything to do with religion is kind of a leap of faith. There isn't anything denoting that it isn't just there to help convey the things I mentioned earlier. BUT as I said, if it is there to represent the Tenno's religion of choice you have no right to demand anything be changed. Lore does not hinge on your beliefs.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

You cannot speak for who did this Squirmy. Only they can say what it is or isn't. I'm not looking too deeply, just stating the fact that this was handled beyond the normal scope and there is a reason for that. And there is nothing anywhere I have see that says Tenno are buddhist. But nevertheless, your off topic.

If the statue is part of a theme like you say "In all likelihood the statue is just part of the japanese theme. Like the gardens, the taiko drums, etc."

Then it should be optional to put it up, just like the gardens and the taiko drums. This further supports my point.

The room is not mostly empty as you say. You cannot be putting things in the fighting area. This space in the wall would be the place to put decorations without them being in walk ways or fighting areas.

Before this, I spent some good time and had taiko drums in this space, and some other decorations in random places.

It looked great!

It's gonna get really frustrating if they are gonna change these tile sets randomly and you can't even seem to reposition your decorations.

So then you have to delete and start over.

Are you all ok with this?

You cannot speak for who did this Squirmy. Only they can say what it is or isn't. I'm not looking too deeply, just stating the fact that this was handled beyond the normal scope and there is a reason for that. And there is nothing anywhere I have see that says Tenno are buddhist. But nevertheless, your off topic.

If the statue is part of a theme like you say "In all likelihood the statue is just part of the japanese theme. Like the gardens, the taiko drums, etc."

Then it should be optional to put it up, just like the gardens and the taiko drums. This further supports my point.

The room is not mostly empty as you say. You cannot be putting things in the fighting area. This space in the wall would be the place to put decorations without them being in walk ways or fighting areas.

I can't speak for who did this, yet its perfectly fine for you to say that someone is trying to push their religion on you? No. I can speculate just like you can. The major difference being I have actual knowledge on Buddhism, you're letting your ignorance shine bright.

That doesn't support your point, if it is part of the theme BUILT DIRECTLY INTO THE ROOM it isn't going to be optional. That's like saying those pillars in the labs should be optional. Its just another part of the room. The Gardens are an entirely separate room, with their own Japanese inspired elements. And the Taiko drums aren't a great example to bring up since they're built into the dojo along with the statue. If it really bothers you that much you do have the option to just not include the room in your layout. This space in the wall was designated for that statue and the taiko drums. They don't have to change that just because you wanted to put something else there. Developers>You as far as designing these things.

Before this, I spent some good time and had taiko drums in this space, and some other decorations in random places.

It looked great!

It's gonna get really frustrating if they are gonna change these tile sets randomly and you can't even seem to reposition your decorations.

So then you have to delete and start over.

Are you all ok with this?

I'm okay with all of it. Why? Because the person in charge of decorating the clan I'm in does a better job at positioning things. So we don't run into situations like these. Also, because we aren't getting upset over a statue being included in a room.

Get over yourself, the world and the game's lore does not revolve around you and your problem with a statue.

ooooo so you dont build. Explains alot!

Whether I'm doing the building or not is irrelevant. I still find the layout pleasing to my eyes. The presence of a statue in a room doesn't bother me because I'm not so self-absorbed that I feel my beliefs (or lack of) should come before the developer's vision for their own game.

Would be nice to hear from warlords and architect rather than the one disciple who doesn't get it or hasn't even spent one hour building.

You have pretty much turn this thread into a topic of other sorts.

So not only are you trying to dismiss me based on my founder status, you're also trying to act as if I don't know what I'm talking about just because I'm not a warlord for my current clan? Get out, the amount of money you put towards this game means little. And my eyes aren't suddenly blinded because I'm not the clan architect. Get over yourself. What I don't get is how you can be under the impression that your opinion should come before lore and/or the designs decided upon by the developers.

Figure I should point out that I am a warlord on my alt account.

Would be nice to hear from warlords and architect rather than the one disciple who doesn't get it or hasn't even spent one hour building.

Yeah man I hear you, I've built a ton of rooms for my dojo, and when it's finished I'm like FML I hate these walls, and pillars, man I just wish I could change them. They really need to make every aspect of the room customize-able you know. I look at the colors of my research labs and wonder why the hell DE won't give me full control to choose the lighting. Amen brother, every room should be 100% barebones, if we want a platform in our damned research labs our pillars in our halls it should all be 100% our choice! 

Just like that Buddha statue man, before the update I had nothing in that corner, now that they changed it I ritualistically gouge out my eyes upon having to look at it. Nothing about tenno has anything to do with japan this is like, in space and such so screw that. I'd much prefer to have a flying spaghetti monster statue in my duel room.

Alright, on a serious note now, the game does have a general art style in it's own way, and their choice to include a buddha in the duel room should for the most part, be fine. It's purely cosmetic, and your attempt as mentioning any form of religion throat force feeding is uncalled for. If the Buddha offends you so badly, then either don't build the dojo, write a heart filled letter to DE, or simply don't play as this game clearly offends your own beliefs. As was previously mentioned Buddhism isn't really worship around Buddha as a central "god" figure in ways like Christianity or others, it's more of a way of life and a practice. Does Meditation instantly equal to praying to some kind of god? No, it's a form of relaxation and release. It seems more like you have a personal problem with this Buddha statue opposed to seriously concerned about no longer having a corner with which to place the measly amounts of decorations offered. If such is the case, it's not the sort of thing you should make threads about in the forums, and simply should stick to letters to DE saying "This such stuff offends me for such given reason" 

Also if you truly are this infuriated because it undid your carefully designed decor, well sir, it is open beta, I'm sorry to say, and that means not everything is final. It's not the first time they have updated the art, and it most likely will not be last. Heck, everything we've done might get reset by the final release, it even states that in the disclaimer. The game is not finished yet, and things will change, I don't think it's really a huge deal, that requires DE to ASK for our permission before they change their own game.  Besides this is just one room, we still have huge halls and hallways ect to decorate.

Edited by DBHAShadow

so you're using a religion you clearly have no idea about, as an excuse to say "WAAAH! MY DECORATING CORNER'S GONE! WAAAAH!", well I'm sorry to say that you don't get the final say on what DE do (actually I'm not sorry), this is their game they can do whatever the hell they want with it (as long as it's legal of course), they don't have to listen do you just because you payed money (and guess what? so did I, yet do I care that they didn't add my infested exploding shotgun? No I do not). If it actually offends you for an actually valid reason, then come back, if not... I didn't actually think this far but you get the idea

If you REALLY want to decorate, pick a different room, we have a variety of rooms for a reason

Yeah man I hear you, I've built a ton of rooms for my dojo, and when it's finished I'm like FML I hate these walls, and pillars, man I just wish I could change them. They really need to make every aspect of the room customize-able you know. I look at the colors of my research labs and wonder why the hell DE won't give me full control to choose the lighting. Amen brother, every room should be 100% barebones, if we want a platform in our damned research labs our pillars in our halls it should all be 100% our choice! 

Just like that Buddha statue man, before the update I had nothing in that corner, now that they changed it I ritualistically gouge out my eyes upon having to look at it. Nothing about tenno has anything to do with japan this is like, in space and such so screw that. I'd much prefer to have a flying spaghetti monster statue in my duel room.

Alright, on a serious note now, the game does have a general art style in it's own way, and their choice to include a buddha in the duel room should for the most part, be fine. It's purely cosmetic, and your attempt as mentioning any form of religion throat force feeding is uncalled for. If the Buddha offends you so badly, then either don't build the dojo, write a heart filled letter to DE, or simply don't play as this game clearly offends your own beliefs. As was previously mentioned Buddhism isn't really worship around Buddha as a central "god" figure in ways like Christianity or others, it's more of a way of life and a practice. Does Meditation instantly equal to praying to some kind of god? No, it's a form of relaxation and release. It seems more like you have a personal problem with this Buddha statue opposed to seriously concerned about no longer having a corner with which to place the measly amounts of decorations offered. If such is the case, it's not the sort of thing you should make threads about in the forums, and simply should stick to letters to DE saying "This such stuff offends me for such given reason" 

Also if you truly are this infuriated because it undid your carefully designed decor, well sir, it is open beta, I'm sorry to say, and that means not everything is final. It's not the first time they have updated the art, and it most likely will not be last. Heck, everything we've done might get reset by the final release, it even states that in the disclaimer. The game is not finished yet, and things will change, I don't think it's really a huge deal, that requires DE to ASK for our permission before they change their own game.  Besides this is just one room, we still have huge halls and hallways ect to decorate.

I seriously couldn't tell if you were serious for your first two paragraphs. I blame Poe's law.

I seriously couldn't tell if you were serious for your first two paragraphs. I blame Poe's law.

The first two paragraphs where all in jest, I'm not that much of an idiot, although I wish they would do more with dojo's (Mostly purpose wise) I also like not having to do everything myself 100% of the way. 

As a warlord and sole architect of my clan, I say you're(you should know how to write proper conjunctions) way out of line when you are verbally attacking another played for his/her opinion. Whether his view opposes yours, or that of your beliefs/religion/etc, does not justify antagonizing Squishy.

Also the Buddha statue is part of the room. Period. Deal with it. Don't like it? Then don't have that room there.

On another note, as previously stated, apart from some specific sects, the Buddha is no god. In Buddhism he is a teacher.

*Buddha

I don't know anyone who worships him, just people who follow his teachings.

I'm a Warlord in charge of our Clan Dojo, and the only things that ticked me off about the Duelling Room 'upgrade' is the removal of all my Taiko drums and the inability to interact with the new drums and bell. I appreciate the placement of the statue since it saves me the trouble of putting it there myself. But perhaps some people would rather that spot to be empty, or place a statue of Lech Kril there to worship.

Just give us some options DE please. And give us a garden/woodland-themed Duelling Room.

I want the Buddha as a Warframe.

STATS:

Health: 9001

Shield: 9001

Armour: 9001

Ability 1: Meditate- Warframe kneels in a Sieza position for several seconds, for during which Health and Shields are restored.

Ability 2: Mediate- Speak words of wisdom, all enemies immediately leave room and go forth to search for enlightenment. 

Ability 3; Duplicate- Spawn inert statues of itself, useful for cover and/ or distactions... or decorations.

Ability 4: Infuriate- Influences nearby peoples to start angry threads concerned with heated religious debates and placement of statues. 

Description: N/A

Acquisition: Only achieved through enlightenment: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/121742-reaching-enlightenment-and-levitation-through-meditation/?hl=enlightment#entry1432939

Edited by H3_Cupcake