Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the New Ui

YG--

i might be only one of the very few people who dislikes the overhaul of the endgame/tab UI, but if people actually join up on my opinion that would be great

please DE, for the love of god, give us the option to switch inbetween the Old UI for endgame/tab and the new one

i absolutely hate the overhaul as it looks hideous especially for us PC players, but this is just my opinion

You had a nice UI with everything consolidated in a single window, now we have an extra button just to access stats. After the "About" button, which got people mad as hell, you come up with this change.....................

Also, mission timer is now being considered as an Item, waaaaaaaaaaay down the list...... 

JSRWsnG.jpeg

AYtBcSP.jpg

z7rjCfT.png

Can we have an option to have the old UI, with the nice slim responsive mail look?

I am not satisfied with the NEW mission result interface aswell...
Please give us the option to switch back to the old UI, at least for mission result.

NEW UI

Spoiler

iKfGkfl.png

OLD UI

Spoiler

VNNdFkZ.jpg

Straight to the point:

1) You don't have relevant stats highlighted in orange anymore. I can't tell at a first glance when pressing TAB who has most damage, who has most kills, who has least damage taken. I need to spend a lot of time comparing numbers when inside a mission instead of immediately being able to tell how the builds in my squad are performing.

2) Too... far too... way way way.. too much space. My eyes literally physically hurt to go from left to right to see how much damage we have dealt. From the row title to the actual damage numbers, I have to move my eyes over the entire screen. I have a big TV, my eyes hurt. Physically hurt. What's the point in having soooo much unused space? The old UI was compact and immediate. Fast. Quick. To the point. One second TAB open and I could have all the info I needed.

3) I can't see my weapons. I literally don't know what are my equipped weapons. I only see the frame I'm using now. Why? I change through many a loadouts constantly for different missions. I absolutely NEED to see my weapons from the screen. This is essential more than anything, why would you ever hide this information from me? 

4) I want to see my ORBITER when extracting from a mission. I don't need to see fashion frame. The ORBITER is fashion frame too. I can see other people's fashion frames while in the mission. When extracting I want my orbiter. I've spent time and platinum painting it. It's an integral part of the game, why did you hide this from me?

Hey,

I would really like to see the new UI fitting the screen perfectly with higher resolution monitors.

It works on the horizontal way, but not vertical:

Spoiler

ZNACFmK.png

The sheet could go all the way down, not upscaled, but showing more rows, maybe without scroll bar. 

kYHXaep.jpg

And horizontally it works, I can see 9 items in the horizontal row on 1440p instead of 5 on 1080p.

and by the way, same applies to the profile, in my opinion it should fill the eentire screen like on 1080p, but just not upscaled.

ssVSJ6J.jpg

If I had to sum it up in a few words they would be, "thanks, I hate it."

I know this is a really critical way to give feedback and I don't mean to be overly hateful or cruel to DE. I appreciate the work they do but this is seriously horrible. I went into a mission and decided to leave to see what the screen looked like. I had my hopes up cause while I was skeptical, I have faith in DE's design capabilities. This... looks like someone took the end game screen from an FPS and put it into the game. It's so gaudy and inconvenient. Why would you change it to this of all things? Also, there's A LOT of empty space when there are no squad members. It feels awkward and out of place. Overall... bothersome.

My comments are in addition to the OP's comments, by the way. I completely agree with them aside from some minor nitpicks.

unknown.png

Yep, I agree. Well, the space thing doesn't really bother me, but I can imagine it hurts on bigger screens.

What I would want from a new UI is not just for it to look fancy, but for me to be able to choose where what goes. Perhaps choose from multiple layouts. The end screen should also not skip the orbiter scene, it should appear after you have already entered your orbiter like it did before.

For example, when I played solo just now a few times, I couldn't display player stats and mods at the same time. I don't care about my weapon experience at all, yet that was the thing that shared a screen with the mods+mats that I got (which, by the way, doesn't seem to save my option for the filter. I have to edit the filter on every mission all over again to get the sorting that I like. I hate the default setting on this one).

Alternatively, make an alternate layout that makes use of the massive amount of space and just add 3 columns instead of 2 that show all of the stats on one screen like the old one, while still retaining the stylish fashion frame end screen half at the top. The player will be allowed to choose which one they want to use.

Lastly: in the event that I missed some kind of option for setting up the end screen, then I can only say that I feel like that option was not really made too clear to me. I didn't immediately see where I could set that up. So I am going by the assumption in this post that such an option does not exist, as I did not find it.

EDIT: Also, I forgot one thing. I really got used to the mods being on the left, so I would appreciate if we got the choice to put it back there. It really bothers me. I read from the left to the right in all languages I speak, so starting with the most vital info on the right just feels really annoying, especially because the fashion frames start on the LEFT side of the screen, making me feel like going cross-eyed when wanting to see all I want to see.

1) Are those stats actually relevant? I was actually happy that DE had finally obfuscated those stats to some degree but after playing for a while they are still too front and center IMO. I wish they'd just completely relegate them to a separate menu that players never have to look at.

2) To me there is far too little space for things like Item drops. Still sets up instances where players are probably going to have to scroll more than they should. 

3) I suspect it's because those weapons are maxed and it's hiding them, I would much rather the UI made more space for all the weapons and relegated the team stats to a totally separate tab. 

4) Why not both? Maybe an improved diorama that includes the orbiter. 

13 minutes ago, BlackCat500 said:

Yep, I agree. Well, the space thing doesn't really bother me, but I can imagine it hurts on bigger screens.

What I would want from a new UI is not just for it to look fancy, but for me to be able to choose where what goes. Perhaps choose from multiple layouts. The end screen should also not skip the orbiter scene, it should appear after you have already entered your orbiter like it did before.

For example, when I played solo just now a few times, I couldn't display player stats and mods at the same time. I don't care about my weapon experience at all, yet that was the thing that shared a screen with the mods+mats that I got (which, by the way, doesn't seem to save my option for the filter. I have to edit the filter on every mission all over again to get the sorting that I like. I hate the default setting on this one).

Alternatively, make an alternate layout that makes use of the massive amount of space and just add 3 columns instead of 2 that show all of the stats on one screen like the old one, while still retaining the stylish fashion frame end screen half at the top. The player will be allowed to choose which one they want to use.

Lastly: in the event that I missed some kind of option for setting up the end screen, then I can only say that I feel like that option was not really made too clear to me. I didn't immediately see where I could set that up. So I am going by the assumption in this post that such an option does not exist, as I did not find it.

There's supposedly a vertical and horizontal setup that I have seen around. However, I don't know where it is. The vertical option looks to be really bad for larger screens but better for smaller ones.

I do agree with that first portion, though, that it could do with some custom or preset layouts. Perhaps a good between could be the top half shows the fancy stuff we have now and the bottom is transparent like before. Your comment actually gave me that idea. It would be so much better. Maybe like this where the bottom three are "modular". The "+" above exit is to cycle through the rest of the weapons you have equipped (if you want).

unknown.png

44 minutes ago, Oreades said:

1) Are those stats actually relevant? I was actually happy that DE had finally obfuscated those stats to some degree but after playing for a while they are still too front and center IMO. I wish they'd just completely relegate them to a separate menu that players never have to look at.

2) To me there is far too little space for things like Item drops. Still sets up instances where players are probably going to have to scroll more than they should. 

3) I suspect it's because those weapons are maxed and it's hiding them, I would much rather the UI made more space for all the weapons and relegated the team stats to a totally separate tab. 

4) Why not both? Maybe an improved diorama that includes the orbiter. 

i personally doubt you'll find many people who agree with you on any of your first three statements. From what i've seen, people don't want less efficient UI and the majority of people are probably interested in their stats regarding how much they tanked, how many they killed, damage dealt, abilities cast and so on.
Case and point is how many games have added stat trackers that players need to earn, hell even destiny added trackers to certain emblems. It wouldn't be such a prolific feature across multiple genres and platforms if players weren't interested.

now, adding more screens for the same amount of info will just make the UI less efficient than it already is, and the one thing the warframe community want is efficiency. We've proven time and time again with actions and words that we want efficiency, we min-max, find the most supreme farming locations and manage to get entire tilesets nerfed because of how good we beome at grinding levels out of them. wasting our time by diluting information across multiple menus that easily fit on a single one probably won't sit well.

though i'd assume most the playerbase will agree with the fourth statement absolutely. Let players who like the change keep it, but don't force it on all the playerbase. or at least play-test it then next month send a quiz out to players inbox if they prefer the new one or the old one.

2 minutes ago, I_AM_JUGS said:

i personally doubt you'll find many people who agree with you on any of your first three statements. From what i've seen, people don't want less efficient UI and the majority of people are probably interested in their stats regarding how much they tanked, how many they killed, damage dealt, abilities cast and so on.
Case and point is how many games have added stat trackers that players need to earn, hell even destiny added trackers to certain emblems. It wouldn't be such a prolific feature across multiple genres and platforms if players weren't interested.

It's not about efficiency, it's about superfluous information. Especially in Warframe where it is easy for one player to super dominate the stat boards. At that point the fact that player X got 80% of the teams damage likely by blocking the rest of the team from getting kills really doesn't say anything about the match. 

Player X is still free to stroke their ego by popping into the EoM screen and clicking on the additional stat info but there is no reason to wave it in other peoples faces. 

Just now, Oreades said:

It's not about efficiency, it's about superfluous information. Especially in Warframe where it is easy for one player to super dominate the stat boards. At that point the fact that player X got 80% of the teams damage likely by blocking the rest of the team from getting kills really doesn't say anything about the match. 

Player X is still free to stroke their ego by popping into the EoM screen and clicking on the additional stat info but there is no reason to wave it in other peoples faces. 

i've played the game for many years, when i'm at the bottom of the stats i reach out to other players about their builds so i can try it for myself, if i'm playing a supporting frame that isn't about getting kills then i don't sweat that i don't top the leaderboards. In the thousands of hours i've played the game, there hasn't been a single time i haven't been interested in checking the stat screens. seems to me like it's a problem with your mindset and not a problem with the stats.

and it is about efficiency, if the same amount of info is spread across two screens by definition it's less efficient. if you could print a full sized picture on one piece of paper but decided to print it across two sheets instead then you're wasting paper and by definition being less efficient.

I watched a few twitch videos, and based on what I’ve seen, I’ll say that they should just give us a way to edit what goes where on the UI since we all seems to value differe things. 

Me? I would put a huge digital clock at the top left so i can see the time, I value time in the game.

Now whether i want to see kill stats or resources i gained, i would like whatever one i swapped to, it would stay on it for the next time i open the mission results. 

and as for the exit mission screen.... meh i dont really care as long as i can see my in game results clearly 

36 minutes ago, I_AM_JUGS said:

i've played the game for many years, when i'm at the bottom of the stats i reach out to other players about their builds so i can try it for myself, if i'm playing a supporting frame that isn't about getting kills then i don't sweat that i don't top the leaderboards. In the thousands of hours i've played the game, there hasn't been a single time i haven't been interested in checking the stat screens. seems to me like it's a problem with your mindset and not a problem with the stats.

and it is about efficiency, if the same amount of info is spread across two screens by definition it's less efficient. if you could print a full sized picture on one piece of paper but decided to print it across two sheets instead then you're wasting paper and by definition being less efficient.

See for me early on it was incredibly vexing to the point that on multiple occasions I almost gave up on the game because I'd go into a game, try my hardest and be like 5% of the damage. Didn't matter what I did, what builds I'd try, some tryhard would show up and tank the mission for the rest of the team. 

After that it was a phase of "Ok you want to hog all the damage, then you can carry my fatness" and I'd just show up and phone everything in. Essentially how a lot of people handle spy missions and that wasn't fun either. 

Eventually I just decided to actively ignore the end of mission screen and that is when I truly started to enjoy the game.

So removing that from being front and center is IMHO the best move DE can make. And if people are curious about the stats, the information is still there you just need to click a button instead of having it shoved down your throat by default. 

I have no idea what I'm looking at when I see the new score screen. It's a big no from me, because now I have to click to switch from loot to stats, and I can't even leave the squad on score screen. Why do I have to expand it to see actual stats instead of some silly skins? Where are the weapons and complanions?

This type of UI had been shown a long time ago and people said straight no to it. DE said that was early stuff and will be reworked. NOW WHAT IS THIS?!

Edit: I know DE hates giving the players "options", but they really should give legacy UI option while they are developing the new UI by the feedback of volunteers, who use the new one.

Edit2: There is no mouseover information in the new UI about the player loadouts.

Would be great to have an option to go back to the old UI since It pretty much gave everything I needed. I hope DE plan to implement this sometime because I have found certain UI's being changed to others that I feel are not as comfortable to me than previous or old/really old ones.

I have said this in other posts as well, DE needs to give the option to switch back to older UI's and I find thins new end of mission type is not so great due to the older 1 had all the information I needed in my face pretty much right then and there without what this new one wants. I really hope they see/read and go through with it as I am not happy or comfortable with the new UI.

Yes I can completely agree on this, I prefer the older UI since it gave all the information right on the screen where I want and need it rather than clicking through the different tabs. I also think DE should encourage the Idea of being able to use old UI's as the game is big on custimization so why not here as well.

Il y a 3 heures, iLeo a dit :

You don't have relevant stats highlighted in orange anymore. I can't tell at a first glance when pressing TAB who has most damage, who has most kills

How is this of any relevance? This community is really the most competitive-minded i've ever seen in a PVE game. DE should even remove these completely imo, as all it does is promote anti-cooperative and toxic behaviours.

My eyes literally physically hurt to go from left to right to see how much damage we have dealt. From the row title to the actual damage numbers, I have to move my eyes over the entire screen. I have a big TV, my eyes hurt. Physically hurt.

You're not supposed to sit right in front of your big TV. You'll be blind in 10 years at this rate mate, and blaming games UI won't give you your eyesight back. If your eyes literally physically hurt as you said, go seek an appointment with an ophtalmologist. No sarcasm here, I'm dead serious.

The old UI was compact and immediate. Fast. Quick. To the point.

That i fully agree with.

I absolutely NEED to see my weapons from the screen.

If you can't remember what weapons you used a few seconds ago, i think UI issues should be the least of your worries 😛. But admittedly it wouldn't have cost anything to show each player's loadout in a tooltip like in the old UI, as it didn't take any space.

I want to see my ORBITER when extracting from a mission. I don't need to see fashion frame. The ORBITER is fashion frame too. I can see other people's fashion frames while in the mission. When extracting I want my orbiter

We can already see everyone's orbiters in the loading screen. Which is very outdated and ugly imo. Maybe DE could have improved it a bit, btw.

Archived