Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the New Ui

YG--

I really hope you (DE) give the option to go back to the older UI as this new one is not great for me. The older one provided all the information I want/need and have been able to read with face value and just a simple scroll down of the mods I got or loot and I knew everything. This one is just tedius since I am clicking through just to read information that I could have already read to begin with. Please consider giving us the option to move back to older UI's in these changes while being able to experience the new types.

This game has massive customization already so I hope you can please consider this another part of the games way of us making things look the way we are happy with and UI is a big part of the game so please let us have the option to go back.

Thank you for all the hard work.

I just want the UI option just like in other things to change back to older UI types, I am not fond of this new UI as it doesn't do the old 1 justice personally. The older 1 gave all the information I needed instantly with a little scrolling down I could read/see the stuff I got. Since warframe is big on customization I really think UI swapping from the oldest to the newest with some changes to colours etc would be amazing due to we all have our own taste and preferences and I know my preference is the older UI.

Thant said I can agree for now with a toggle just to give me back what I already liked would be fine but I truly hope they consider a fully customizable UI system of some sort to give us the choice just like we have with out warframes and other stuff.

Yeah the new UI needs a toggle or an option to go back to the older one. I really hope they add the choice to go back to old UI's sometime down the road where we can go back to even the oldest of UI's that came out in the game as I know a few people who preferred the older UI.

Il y a 6 heures, HansLuft778 a dit :

I would really like to see the new UI fitting the screen perfectly with higher resolution monitors.

That looks really bad and unpolished indeed. They'll probably make it compatible soon, as many (if not most) people play in higher resolution than 1080p nowadays. I can't imagine them leaving it as is 😮

I have a few things I dislike about it.

With the headings for stats on the left, it becomes harder to parse if you're solo because your stats are centered far away from their headings, even worse on larger screens like ultra wide monitors and televisions. 

What I liked about the old one was that it ignored your UI theme and just displayed everything in white text on minimal extra background with a black shadow behind the text for visibility. I like the Fortuna theme, but its blue text on the transparent blue-grey backgrounds with no text border on the new screen isn't as easy to read as white text with a black drop shadow. Most places text appears in game have more opaque backgrounds than the new mission UI or have text borders, which provide enough contrast for text to be accessible. The new mission UI has no text borders and transparent backgrounds.

Also it uses blue text on a dark blue background on the colored contrast theme and grey text on a dark background instead of white text on the black and white high contrast one, which kind of negates the point of using high contrast visual accessibility themes. 

A piece of feedback for the new UI for in mission / end of mission.

Please for the love of god bring back the warframe and weapon icons which show what level / affinity they are currently at. 

When leveling items this is the main thing I look at and it makes absolutely no sense to remove them.

I have spoken.

12 minutes ago, Kamoenix said:

Please for the love of god bring back the warframe and weapon icons which show what level / affinity they are currently at. 

Were you using any non-max-Rank equipment?

Because, judging by the previews in the patch notes, it seems only maxed gear will be hidden.

... that said, an option to still show everything (or selected pieces, like when I don't want, say, my Archgun to clutter up the list) would of course be optimal.

I'm personally also not a fan of this UI overhaul. I think it has potential, but there's way too much wasted space and not enough compact information as the old one. Contrary to people suggesting "why do you need stats in a PvE game, it's not competitive!", I personally use them to judge mine and others' builds, and help where need be as the mission progresses as well. None of this information is used competitively for me, but is still extremely important to my builds and play style.

I like that the new items / mods sections are combined, and we can sort and search. I don't, however, like that our weapons are hidden. For example, I've been ranking up an amp lately, and didn't remember if it was at 30 yet. I can't confirm if it is or not until I get back to my orbiter, since this info is not displayed. I don't understand why a UI would limit useful information from you in this manner; I get wanting to show "only relevant things", but my weapon loadouts / levels are important just as well. Even right now, I might want to see "oh how many more forma do I need to get this kuva weapon to rank 40", and it will not show me so I'll have to press escape and then move my mouse to my profile. This is just making me do extra steps rather than showing information on what is supposed to be an informative screen.

Last grievance I have is the stat screen itself; while it doesn't necessarily need to highlight the "best" number, I would prefer it significantly smaller. The table does not need to take up essentially my full monitor to display this info, and the text is massive. Maybe make this an accessibility option, rather than the default, for users that may prefer or need this in their situations.

Side note: This might be a bug but my game lags horribly when opening the screen during missions with tab as well. I don't know if stats are computed on key press when need be from rolling values, but I figured it was worth noting. I don't remember if the old one did this as well, so it's not particularly pertinent to this UI overhaul anyways.

Currently the stat "eximus kills" is an end of mission "Medal". However, only one of the medals will show up semi randomly. I think with the Steel Path, having eximus kills under the stats tab would be really useful. Or perhaps clicking the "Medal" brings up a list of the other Medals you qualified for so we can reliably see how many eximus we are killing.

Please make the stats' background non-opaque, at least if it's maximized.
The background is both noisy and low contrast. And dear lord, do certain fashion choices/screen locations hurt to look at. (Literally hurt, not fashionista-hurt.)

Do not like the new AI for this at all.

HUD-wtf.jpg

First off, everyone like a little thigh gap but seriously this ain't no pair of legs! Also think weapons/frames/companions/anything equipped should be shown like how the old UI at least acknowledged their presence.

And the expand feature, set it to "Secondary Fire Button" (R3 on controller). I'm fine with the expanded view but think should consider these things.

And this is just personal preference, but I personally would rather have the Rewards and Affinity sections swapped around to somewhat reflect similar to how it was before. As for viewing stats I don't need them to take up the whole screen.

Redo1.jpg

Redo2.jpg

7 hours ago, Robolaser said:

How is this of any relevance? This community is really the most competitive-minded i've ever seen in a PVE game. DE should even remove these completely imo, as all it does is promote anti-cooperative and toxic behaviours. 

You're not supposed to sit right in front of your big TV. You'll be blind in 10 years at this rate mate, and blaming games UI won't give you your eyesight back. If your eyes literally physically hurt as you said, go seek an appointment with an ophtalmologist. No sarcasm here, I'm dead serious.

If you can't remember what weapons you used a few seconds ago, i think UI issues should be the least of your worries 😛. But admittedly it wouldn't have cost anything to show each player's loadout in a tooltip like in the old UI, as it didn't take any space.

We can already see everyone's orbiters in the loading screen. Which is very outdated and ugly imo. Maybe DE could have improved it a bit, btw.

If you don't understand why having these stats is not only relevant but useful then your perspective is clearly limited. My friends and I constantly use these stats to understand how our builds perform in certain situations. For instance, is my Gara performing or under performing my friends' Baruuk when against Grineer on the steel path? How else am I to know which build is more efficient and in which manner? The numbers show it. Data is data. It's a tool. Data isn't toxic, data is measured, observed, transformed and used. In our case, we use this data to theorycraft and improve our builds. That is what excites us the most about Warframe. In my almost 2000 hours of playing Warframe, I've never seen nor heard of anybody use the stats on the screen for toxicity. There are some odd players in the community, but for the majority, I am convinced I'm not wrong when I say that we are a nice community. 

Your advice about my TV is unsolicited, ignorant and disrespectful to me. You're not a doctor, you don't know nor understand my situation, you don't even understand why moving your eyes laterally across a screen with vast spaces inbetween scattered numbers is bad. I'm not blaming games' UI to give my eyesight back. I'm arguing that Warframe's new end screen UI is badly designed and those huge empty spaces not only do not serve a purpose but strain my eyes. To look from the left side of the screen to the right side of the screen to compare 2 numbers is simply bad. The compact and immediate look of the old UI was objectively better because the data was in a single, compact space, with highlighted relevant information. It took no longer than 1-2 seconds to gather relevant information upon hitting TAB. I never used, nor do I know anyone else who did,  those stats for toxicity, but simply as benchmark data for my builds. 

I own all the frames in the game, almost all the weapons, I use all the loadouts, I have forma-ed dozens of items across my arsenal. I change and switch and mix and match these on a constant basis when doing different activities in Warframe. I don't recall all the items I use in all of my loadouts but I know without a doubt that all my loadouts are good for the missions I select them. To be able to see from inside the mission what my loadout is, makes a big difference to me. Yes, you can press ESC and hover over your name to see the names of your loadout weapons, but frankly if I named my melee weapon frankshooshoo, I may not remember what that weapon was, because some time may have passed ever since. There are numerous other scenarios in which reminding myself what's my loadout is relevant. I could've made a mistake and took a wrong weapon without realizing, et cetera. With the new UI, instead of seeing my loadout when pressing TAB, all I get is empty space which serves no purpose. 

Now, stranger, next time you deem it necessary to comment on my personal issues, such as being blind or stupid for not remembering my loadout, please take a moment extra to consider what the other person is really trying to say. In the same comment where you address the topic of toxicity, you yourself are being toxic towards me and addressing personal issues that I may or may not have. If a person's eyesight is poor because they were born that way, that's not a reason for you to be a wisepants and give life advice to people you've never even met in your life, completely unsolicited. It's rude and uncalled for, from my perspective. 

We used the old UI for years, there is a reason for that. It worked. If the roles were reversed and the new ui was the old one, I would accept the old ui in a heartbeat. It's compact, has relevant information, easy to see and use. The new UI simply hides information away or obscures it. From my perspective, it's a downgrade, it's awful to use and while it may look a bit flashier, in essence it's less. 

il y a 17 minutes, iLeo a dit :

snip

Might be some fair points in there but i had to stop reading halfway, sorry. I think you take yourself a bit too seriously maybe? No need to climb on your high horse, write an essay, and get all emotional over a random stranger's comment... Anyways, have nice day man! o/

Just now, Robolaser said:

Might be some fair points in there but i had to stop reading halfway, i think you take yourself a bit too seriously maybe? No need to get all emotional and climb on your high horse over a stranger's comment. Anyways, have nice day man! o/

I did not get emotional, nor high nor mighty. I presented my arguments and my conclusion, relevant to the topic. I used examples from my own and my friends' experience, who play this game considerably. You were ignorant to my initial post and still prove to be. You don't seem to have any interest in what I'm trying to say or what the topic at hand is, what the issues presented are or what someone else's perspective is. 

The issues I have presented are relevant and important to me and the people I know. That's why I took the time of day to raise them and to debate them. I also took the time of day to further explain to you my own perspective in a better way, in which I had hoped we could better understand each other. Yet you toss all of that away and not even offer me the courtesy of reading. 

If I don't speak up about the things I consider to be an issue and offer my feedback to DE, and everyone else does the same, then DE might think that what they're doing is perfectly fine. When, in my opinion, it isn't. Yes, there were some improvements with the new UI, such as seeing your bonus and combined amount of credits coming out of a long index run, or a more seemless transition out of a mission, but all of this is overshadowed by the issues raised. 

What I would like to see is easier and faster access to data and information, not less information, more subversion, more hidden menus and  things you need to click all the time to get to the information you need. This issue has been raised in previous UI changes as well. 

Archived