Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the New Ui

YG--

I'm probably the oddball here in that I actually like the UI changes, but for specific reasons that's probably tied to my play-style. When I'm in a mission I care very little about who has done what damage, who has more accuracy, or whatever else because most of the time that depends on what you brought into the mission to begin with. Of course a Mesa or a Saryn will probably do the most kills whereas a trinity will probably have low kills, or that someone killed 100 enemies in a capture mission. It's something I typically gloss over unless something specific catches my eye, like a player seemingly just standing around and doing nothing. Then I might take a look at the kills or whatever stat. Otherwise I tend to look at 1. my weapons/frames and their rank when I'm leveling them, 2. the loot almost specifically since that's typically why I do missions to begin with, and 3. standing if I'm doing dailies.

In terms of the loot window, the new UI has expanded it which I do like. The weapons and frames not appearing when they're at max rank is a little weird at first and seems to be confusing more than anything, but it does make some weird sense. Why show your already maxed weapons when it can show you stuff that actually need ranking? It also seems to be a catchall window for anything that can be leveled, dailies included. I suppose the best option would be to have a setting to either show all your weapons or only show them when not maxed rank as it currently is. Include a setting to show the stats on the first page as well for that matter, since I think that's generally what people are disliking the most about the new UI.

The UI is without question flawed. The issue that I have with the new UI, and it was an issue I had with the old UI as well, is that there should be an easier way to exit a squad after a mission. The new UI highlights this problem since we have to exit the window before being able to mouse over to our profiles to exit the squad and it's not always clear when we've loaded back into our orbiter. It's just needlessly clunky. There should be a button within the end screen to exit the squad. Perhaps set it in the row of already available options like "Repeat Mission" and "Exit". Label it as "Leave Squad" and It should double as exiting the end screen as well so it doesn't confuse.

Feedback regarding the end of mission screen and around.

1. [Downgrade] I personally cannot stand tiles, prefer lists in all applications, bigger icons has no meaning to me. I don't like it.

2. [Downgrade] Closing the dialog has become harder. You went out of your way to highlight the Exit button via circles, but then you fade out the mouse cursor and move it off screen. WHY? Do not hide the cursor! This is the worst.

3. [Downgrade] List of mods is sorted alphabetically, old screen sorted mods by rarity first (and then alphabetically?). I prefer rarity sorting.

4. [Downgrade] During the mission pressing P shows the new dialog, but seeing the stats is cumbersome now because you have to switch the tab.

5. [Bug] Cannot  close the end mission screen via Esc after Index missions.

6. [Upgrade] I actually like the frames view.

7. [Still missing] I have been waiting for "Leave squad" button (or "Close and Leave squad") in mission end screen for years, it is still not implemented. In 99.99% cases I want to leave the squad because I PUG most of the time. Please consider adding. Would be nice to have a key shortcut too.

В 13.08.2020 в 20:32, KCToxic сказал:

I mentioned accessibility in a previous post, so I've gone through and run the text colors for a few UI themes (Nidus, Stalker, Dark Lotus, and Fortuna) my friend and I own through WebAIM's (Web Accessibility In Mind) text contrast checker to see where their contrast is and compare it to the old theme and each other. Text chosen was was the syndicate standing text or, in the old UI's case, weapon text, which match the stat screen's chosen text color. I know Warframe's mission UI isn't a website, but good contrast makes screens easy to read for many players, and much easier to skim mid-mission. Spoiler because images.

not in defence of new garbage ui/ux  (love the fact de ain't take in account few weeks of flame and bring everything right as on concept)

but this is 7.02:1 (text color from resource name, background color from area around resource icon)

Спойлер

H3uDhFy.jpg

equinox theme + deadlock background.

45 minutes ago, tipsy_princess said:

not in defence of new garbage ui/ux  (love the fact de ain't take in account few weeks of flame and bring everything right as on concept)

but this is 7.02:1 (text color from resource name, background color from area around resource icon)

Reveal hidden contents

H3uDhFy.jpg

equinox theme + deadlock background.

Some of the themes are really readable (but I don't own half of them haha), including Equinox. Equinox is kind of already an accessibility theme by default, so I figured I'd test the normal themes I had access to.

I did test Equinox without running it through WebAIM (I really should have, though) and found that while it's super readable, because the new menu takes from the UI theme that makes it so that new and bonus affinity on the leveling screen are both white, as is existing affinity on gear that isn't max. Which makes part of the UI busted for people using Equinox and leveling. So that one's readable in the text and high contrast but the meters are unreadable, while others are low contrast on the text but have really readable meters.

I feel like they need a manual pass over how the existing UI themes apply to new UI as newer reworked interfaces come out to avoid readability issues. Certain colors were chosen for specific tasks in each theme, like headers having specific colors, but now headers don't use those colors and use something else on the mission screen. 

While poorly-thought-out and completely unnecessary redesign of perfectly good UI is a perennial problem in Warframe, this time it's particularly annoying because I have to look at it at the end of every single mission.  I don't have much hope this change will ever be reverted, since DE seems to pride itself on promoting aesthetics over functionality (though my personal opinion is this time they've failed on that front as well), but here are my comments anyway.

Throwing a large amount of resource and mod drop information into one jumbled pile of oversized icons does not make it any easier to parse.  Even worse, sorting by "importance" leaves valuable drops like Prime components hidden behind junk drops like Ferrite.  On top of everything else, the default setting, which has to be changed manually every single mission, collapses the results screen to half of its total size. This is an absolutely abysmal way to communicate information, though I suspect clarity was never a priority to begin with.

The old UI had a separate page dedicated to Syndicate standing, while the new one awkwardly dumps all standing, affinity, and focus gained during the course of a mission into one box in one small part of the screen.  These stats are not equally significant.  I don't care to know what miniscule amount of standing I got for doing a Capture with my Syndicate emblem equipped.  I care very much that my primary weapon just maxed out.  I also find it bizarre that DE decided to remove maximum rank weapons and Warframes from the results screen altogether. This doesn't do much to streamline the UI, but it does lead to a lot of wasted space.  This seems especially awkward considering how cluttered the drops portion of the screen looks most of the time.

There are additional issues annoying me, but I feel those are more subjective. Just to give a few examples: the new EOM screen is opaque, so that it covers the Orbiter interior even after you return from a mission, it's now harder to see personal stats (since that requires you to switch to a different tab), I find the new mission end theme grating (and that's after just a few missions).

The New mission results UI does exactly the opposite of what was intended. Seeing the new UI after revisiting the game only made me feel overwhelmed desperately looking for any useful mission results info. You should not have to click a button to see any useful info about the mission on a mission results screen. DE, please add in a option to revert back to the old Mission results screen. As someone with tendinitis in my trigger finger (that's right ppl I play warframe without the use of leftclick, due to an injury) it is insulting to add another button I can't avoid clicking after every mission. 

New end mission UI is simply bad and its worse than what we had. Everything was on the same page and you could quickly scroll if you needed. Now its 2 pages and STILL need to scroll or expand. You could've organized old one to be more compact to show more info - there was plenty of unused space.

Now you dont even get to see your loadout  - and it was very useful for saving to show what you used.

End stats aren't color-coded anymore to quickly see the best. But instead we got HUGE font and poor spacing taking all the screenspace, row title further at a side instead of the middle - its all harder to read than before as a result.

What you get instead - a fancy useless diorama and bigger list of all the garbage resources no one cares about past ~20hrs of playing? Syndicate standing - which most dont care about (because you easily cap them anyway) but take place at the top pushing more valuable info about XP and focus gains off to the bottom? It's not good at all.

Found another UI bug after playing a Requiem Fissure.

The mission end screen showed all the rewards with ressources and mods.

Spoiler

VUoBHWm.jpg

After exit and reopen the screen with "Show Last Results" from the main menu, only the Credits and the Requiem Mods were displayed and all other resources and mods were gone.

Spoiler

UT4wdur.jpg

After day 1, i found some stuff that annoys me ALOT. 

1. I have all shadows settings turned off, and still i see high quality shadows behind the frames in end mission result screen. 

2. Particles, i have them also turned off. But you still see them too high quality in the end screen mission when the frames spawn in. 

3. Everytime i end a mission and the frames appear in the background on the end mission result screen my fps drops from 140fps down to 30. And the new UI also eat alot of the GPU. 

4. The graphic settings dosent get affected by all the stuff going on in the end mission result screen when frames spawn in. 

5. Before you could just press ESC to remove the result screen, now you basically has to click exit in the corner to make it go away. 

6. When a mission is done you need to click 3 times to even see the loot, instead of the old UI which showed you the loot on the go. 

Please fix this DE. It kills my gaming experience. And prob alot of other peoples too. Or give us an option to swap from the old and new UI.

1 минуту назад, Zikkie сказал:

3. Everytime i end a mission and the frames appear in the background on the end mission result screen my fps drops from 140fps down to 30. And the new UI also eat alot of the GPU. 

have you ever tried going to plains from cetus or orb vallis from fortuna

it is the very same thing

1 minute ago, GerberaOverture said:

have you ever tried going to plains from cetus or orb vallis from fortuna

it is the very same thing

that doesn't mean it's a good thing, also the elevator and waiting room at least are effected by Graphics settings so some degree, giving you the option to put less load on your PC

il y a 10 minutes, Zikkie a dit :

5. Before you could just press ESC to remove the result screen, now you basically has to click exit in the corner to make it go away. 

From my experience, esc still works.

il y a 11 minutes, Zikkie a dit :

When a mission is done you need to click 3 times to even see the loot, instead of the old UI which showed you the loot on the go. 

Can you clarify? Its the same for me.

In the old one, I had to scroll down to see what I've gotten as loot. In the new one, I only need to press the "+" to see all the things.

I thought the new mission end log would be good, but the performance drop + requiring 3 clicks just to see mission timer is truly horrible.

While I love warframe, I have to ask, does DE actually test their changes with actual players? If yes, dump the current testers, they suck.
ANYONE with even a little bit of active play time or fine, any "serious" player would have told you this in less than 30 mins of trying out the new interface.

I'm sad that my 3rd fav game / 2nd fav devs are still having these issues, despite being told to do better QA repeatedly.

17 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

From my experience, esc still works.

Can you clarify? Its the same for me.

In the old one, I had to scroll down to see what I've gotten as loot. In the new one, I only need to press the "+" to see all the things.

I click the buttons > Stats > Progression.

On 2020-08-13 at 12:44 AM, YG-- said:

i might be only one of the very few people who dislikes the overhaul of the endgame/tab UI, but if people actually join up on my opinion that would be great

please DE, for the love of god, give us the option to switch inbetween the Old UI for endgame/tab and the new one

i absolutely hate the overhaul as it looks hideous especially for us PC players, but this is just my opinion

in line with the forum changes of removing reactions, because they wanted us to reply and explain what we wanted to say, I will reply to this post and say this post is 100% accurate and I fully support this.

il y a 29 minutes, --TL--IronHair a dit :

Nope, ESC doesn't work. checked multiple times.

For me. ESC does work. (Yes, I have checked multiple times as well). Probably a bug is what going on here, in which case, it needs to be reported.

il y a 32 minutes, --TL--IronHair a dit :

requiring 3 clicks just to see mission timer is truly horrible.

What? Its there on up top when you press tab. its a single button press.
dyRwqlg.png

Same on the Mission Complete UI, except its up top of the affinity gain widget. No button presses on this one.
9rY3Yh4.png

il y a 37 minutes, Zikkie a dit :

I click the buttons > Stats > Progression

If I understood this sentence correctly, "+" then "stats", and then back to "progression"?

Didn't we do that with the old UI as well? Except that it was the "syndicate" tab instead of the "stat". On the new one, it seems the Syndicate standings have been given priority over your stats. Syndicate standings are shown immediately on the new UI, while stats are no longer shown immediately.

However, all 4 of the UI elements seems to be shown immediately (resources, mod, stats and affinity) when TAB is pressed mid mission. I suppose something similar could be done when the mission ends.

It seems like every change that the UI gets is another step in the wrong direction.

Previously you had everything neatly on one page but no that's too simple and now you must click more. A Simple clear UI is better than any of these fancy messes that keep being changed, it seems like its being changed for the sake of change since it worked well before any of the changes happened and across a number of games i have observed that happening and its ALWAYS a detriment to the game not an improvement. 

On 2020-08-14 at 3:54 PM, HomicidalGrouse said:

I know much more about UI design and accessibility than you think, but bragging about my own knowledge and accomplishments on the internet is about as effective an argument as your baseless assumptions.

They brought previously obfuscated relevant I formation to the front, and put less relevant information on another page. That is objectively GOOD design, no matter how much you want to kick and scream about it.

"Actually I have a lot of knowledge about UI design and accessibility than you think, and I have over 300 confirmed commissioned User Interfaces and am trained in User Experience Optimization. So that's why I'm being overly defensive when people complain about the accessibility in a UI made worse." Sure there, Mr Navy Seal copypasta. You certainly aren't just being a contrarian because you can't stand the fact people have an issue with unwanted and unhelpful changes made to the game. And frankly, even if you actually have UI design experience, that does not mean your UIs are any good. Especially considering the fact you're here defending unnecessary, unneeded and unhelpful changes to something that already had a good layout that just needed a fresh coat of paint and minor tweaks.

30 minutes ago, CephKaron said:

"Actually I have a lot of knowledge about UI design and accessibility than you think, and I have over 300 confirmed commissioned User Interfaces and am trained in User Experience Optimization. So that's why I'm being overly defensive when people complain about the accessibility in a UI made worse." Sure there, Mr Navy Seal copypasta. You certainly aren't just being a contrarian because you can't stand the fact people have an issue with unwanted and unhelpful changes made to the game. And frankly, even if you actually have UI design experience, that does not mean your UIs are any good. Especially considering the fact you're here defending unnecessary, unneeded and unhelpful changes to something that already had a good layout that just needed a fresh coat of paint and minor tweaks.

Yeah, I know you think you know what you're talking about... but you're actually pretty ignorant about this.

You're the one who is trying to claim that nobody with experience would create an interface like this. I didn't come bragging about my own experience to you in an effort to reinforce my argument. I've simply pointed out that trying to claim that others lack experience in an attempt to insult anyone and everyone who disagrees with you about this change is not a valid argument.

So with that in mind, what's your expert opinion on exactly why this UI is bad? You are an expert, right? Plenty of UI experience under your belt? You're a professional front-end developer? I've only been a UI designer for 12 years. Surely your experience dwarfs my own and that's why you so arrogantly hurl your opinions around like they're facts.

Or can we maybe get back to a discussion that involves using our words to articulate proper criticism instead of trying to hurl ad-hominem remarks spawned from our own baseless assumptions?

>Never change a running system<

This saying also works for UIs.

It's not an easy thing to get used to new UI even if is desinged well and easy to use. There are some things people want form an end-of-mission screen. The key word is relevance. People want to see relevant information at the end-of-mission screen. Of course different people see different things as relevant but still the way the new UI presents information is not good.

There is absolutly no need for a new end-of-mission screen. It is simply not needed. A game is not atracting new players via a changed UI of the end-of-mission screen, where as there might be some people leaving the game over such unnecessary things.

In short and with my personal opinion on this topic:

I strongly dislike the new end-of-mission screen (many reasons where already mentioned in other posts)

hey your edits looks very cool, very well organized and a nice mashup of old and new UI.  Tthis is one of those rare threads with actually nice and useful feedback, I suggest you to post it on feedback subforum, I hope someone from the dev team catch an eye on it

This is a really great job, i definitely hope DE takes some of your input.

Especially with the stat highlighting. I NEED information AT A GLANCE when i press tab in a mission, but all of this is so hard to parse in a moment, and it's terribly not serving its purpose in this way.

Another thing of course, being the focus per weapon gained. This present method they've chosen really does NOT help new players especially understand how focus is being funneled from affinity gain among frame and weapons. 

I would say that your syndicate screen is pretty, but a bit too much, it could be a tab done away with like DE is trying.

one last idea I have is to let us switch screens with either pressing tab, in the full screen menu (when one presses P)
or by clicking (in no specific spot), in the instant menu (when one presses tab during a mission)
Speed and accessibility, instant comprehension...should be key.

I hope DE doesn't settle for this and reiterates.

I like your suggestions. Except this

On 2020-08-14 at 7:51 AM, Snowyamur said:

Removed the X button to cut the screen in half - A summary that fills up half your screen is unheard of and makes no sense. I removed it entirely. I really hope this option gets removed as to me, it's just weird.

I want to see my fashion frame in a clear look. A middle ground for this is an “mission end UI window size” option.

Anything else I got no objection to it.

Archived