Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the New Ui

YG--

On 2020-08-23 at 2:12 AM, kinoko_takenoko said:

My idea
FTFw6GM.png

I like that idea, but for me would be the most important feature to be able to scroll in the stats and progression section of the first view (upper left).
This would provide all informations accessible in one screen without being forced to click.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Heart of Deimos: Update 29

Mission Summary/End of Mission Screen Changes & Fixes: 

• Reordered various Rewards in the End of Mission screen:
    • Syndicate Medallions now appear above Mods and Resources.
    • Mods now always appear above Resources of the same rarity.
  • Removed the sort by ‘Type’ since sorting by ‘Importance’ already does that in a more logical way.
  • Updated the Conclave and Index scoreboard window with the new End of Mission screen style. 
  • Added “hide” button to the top left corner of the Mission Summary and End of Mission screen. Hover over the “eye” icon to hide the mission summary UI to get a clear shot of your surroundings if needed while reviewing stats mid-mission. This icon also removes the UI overal from the Warframe diorama in the backdrop in the End of Mission screen. Now you can take screenshots of your squad looking really really cool.
  • The exit button will now pulse when it’s available upon returning to your Orbiter.
  • Squad overlay now appears on the End of Mission results/screen in mission and after returning to the Orbiter.
  • Pausing Warframe while previewing Mission results (Tab) now closes the Mission results before opening the Pause screen to avoid overlapping UI.
  • We’ve added more Medals to the End of Mission screen related to:
    • Life support Capsules and Modules / Excavator Powercells found
    • Healing done
    • Rescue Target found
    • First to find Syndicate Medallion 
  • When returning from a Free Roam location to the respective Town (Plains -> Cetus, etc), the End of Mission screen will no longer stop player movement until after the initial animation ends.
  • Reduced colored backer visibility with the quick view mission summary window (opened with Tab). 
  • Added new music to the End of Mission screen!
  • Fixed Syndicate Medallion variants not being listed beside each other in the End of Mission Rewards section.
  • Fixed End of Mission recap music not properly removing other music and sounds in the Orbiter when playing.
  • Fixed the Kill Boss Medal in the End of Mission screen crediting Eximus and other VIP kills.
  • Fixed the Kill Boss Medal not properly counting the Hyena Pack.
  • Fixed the chosen End of Mission Reward sorting preference not carrying over multiple missions.
  • Fixed the End of Mission screen overlapping with the Daily Tribute screen.
  • Fixed Accuracy Medal double-counting Melee hits.
  • Fixed several script errors with the End of Mission screen. 

- focus summary is still reset in last screen (reset occures on loading screen around 50%)
- quick view mission summary window (opened with Tab) has oversized text and icons = wasted space = less informative
- if stats are more hidden to avoid toxic reactions, then the Medals are straight against this concept
- the pulse of the exit button is not necessary, if ESC also works for leaving the screen
- I'm still missing the main information of the mission that was played (missiontype, planet, node)
- the loadout is important (even if it's maxed), e.g. to know how many focus was gained by what item

14 hours ago, M4T2E said:

- focus summary is still reset in last screen (reset occures on loading screen around 50%)
- quick view mission summary window (opened with Tab) has oversized text and icons = wasted space = less informative
- if stats are more hidden to avoid toxic reactions, then the Medals are straight against this concept
- the pulse of the exit button is not necessary, if ESC also works for leaving the screen
- I'm still missing the main information of the mission that was played (missiontype, planet, node)
- the loadout is important (even if it's maxed), e.g. to know how many focus was gained by what item

I like the new UI and HoD brought some polish that made it feel a lot better - but these points definitely need a bit refinement. To expand on some of these points:

• the quick view during the mission really needs to be different as it really impedes visibility with visual clutter, which is quite problematic in a mission - if they want to keep consistency with the EoM screen, there are still other ways to keep the design but visually reduce clutter (transparency, lower saturation etc).
  • hiding stats is actually something I don't mind, but the medals really need to all read positively and awesome - opening the most crates or lockers just doesn't sound like a awesome space ninja thing, stick to impressive sounding things like "final blow", "most kills", " most headshots", "most ability casts", "most bullet jumps", e.g. Overwatch (though completely different in genre) makes sure that every medal sounds enviable
  • Pulse for exit is fine, it's a nice indicator that the (hidden) loading screen has finished
  • It really needs mission type, planet and node, it's nice for knowing what happens when you click "repeat mission" - I know it should be fine and you should remember, but in a pre-made group with friends, you sometimes grab a drink/snack after a mission and then just go "ummmh"

On 2020-08-12 at 4:14 PM, YG-- said:

i might be only one of the very few people who dislikes the overhaul of the endgame/tab UI, but if people actually join up on my opinion that would be great

please DE, for the love of god, give us the option to switch inbetween the Old UI for endgame/tab and the new one

i absolutely hate the overhaul as it looks hideous especially for us PC players, but this is just my opinion

I fully agree. I started playing in 2014 and I really like the old UI, because it is simpler and i'm already used to it ... Please, DE give the players the option to switch between the new and the old UI (sorry my bad english, its not my native language)

Sweet mother of godless Void.

I haven't played since the first of August, since forced-on adaptive exposure was the straw that broke the camel's back of my already dwindling patience; so I hadn't seen this yet.

Bring back the old UI. Who designed this mess? Literally every basic principle of graphic design is ignored to shove in this golden monstrosity. 

I'm honestly not sure which reduces clarity of mission stats/affinity gain/loot/etc. the most out of this new nighmare:

• Is it how the text which formerly varied in its size and opacity while having clear "header" sections now is homogenous and justified center,

in the same asinine fashion as this text right here?

• Maybe it's how the old UI followed the natural tendency of the human eye to scroll across the horizon in a Z-shaped motion; and the new UI is an undifferentiated rectangular blob that just clumps everything in a square?
  • Perhaps I'm bothered by the fact that the new UI replaces the old, pleasantly transparent and minimally intrusive design with the same (already very ugly) yellow mass of Vitruvian BS that the login screen has had since The Sacrifice, so now that revolting yellow tinge even hounds me in the blasted menus mid-mission?!

• Maybe it's how the old logical order of rarity for mods and loot has been completely ignored; in favor of arranging crap at random, without regard for rarity or even alphabetization? Real bloody inconvenient for figuring out if I found an Ayatan or some crap, even if I'd played again since the first of August. Thanks for forcing in yet more asinine alterations despite community protest because your shareholders at Tencent say it's profitable, DE. Atrocious.

• Nobody complained about the old UI. They complained about the things you had already removed from the old UI. Like, for example, how actual item information changed from being always visible to the asinine "AbOuT" that a player has to mouse over or hit tab to view. Glad to see it's even harder than the mess you'd already made to view weapon and warframe stats! Phenomenal! Every time my expectations lower, this company actively works to dig under the new low I'd established for my bar.

On 2020-08-22 at 4:00 AM, DebrisFlow said:

New UI = downgrade from precedent

To make this even shorter: this entire mess is an atrocious, unclear, unpleasant, unreadable abomination; and quite sincerely I want to know what the devil you were all thinking.

There are basic rules of design they literally teach you in even a novice photoshop or photography class; even in underpaid, unfunded garbage Idaho high schools like I went to.

The new UI doesn't just ignore those rules of graphic design, it makes an active effort to be the greatest opponent to the player's eyes it can.

Disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...

dV3CbPD.jpg

This is never going to stop being a complete downgrade from the concise and clear UI we had before

Minimalism is not necessarily a good thing. I much preferred this data taking up my whole screen post-mission; and I liked how it was able to be closed at my leisure when I was done reading my mission stats; and I especially preferred having my Syndicate standing listed on a separate page, not listed in the same bloody spot as my Weapon/Warframe/Companion Affinity; in a way that is almost guaranteed to further confuse new players and looks flat-out stupid. Now everything is out of the nice order it had before, half the screen is just stupidly empty, vital information is no longer shown, and the information that was kept in is hideously crammed into one rectangular mess.

Did I mention how the eye follows a zig-zagging Z-pattern when reading? There's a reason virtually no written languages have ever been stacked vertically or clumped into one blob. This UI is not worth reading. This UI is a headache to even bother parsing. You had something perfectly good going, devs; and like the good aspects that should have been kept from Melee 2.0; you've yet again uprooted even the working components of a game system or UI readout to shove your pet project down our collective throats as the players,;operating under the logical fallacy that newer is always better.

"40 kills". Real blasted helpful. What about my accuracy? My headshot kills? How much damage I took compared to the squad? BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I ACTUALLY ENJOYED BEING ABLE TO SEE THAT POST-MISSION INFORMATION, AND OFTEN TWEAKED MY BUILDS ON ITEMS BECAUSE OF IT. But nah, rip it all out and jam the resources in the lower-right corner where that PERTINENT INFORMATION I LIKED BEING ABLE TO SEE used to be.

I'm aware that "Affinity" is the game's diegetic way of saying XP to pretend that it's less of a video game. We all know this. Adding the blasted affinity booster symbol by it instead of our pleasing white bars with gold-for-bonus-xp meters we had before isn't just ugly-looking; it demeans the community's intelligence. This is as asinine as that stupid charge ring you added to bows; because cLEaRLy we poor players are too blasted stupid to tell that an arrow is ready to loose or how much experience we gained. Give me a break.

Oh how cute, my mission stats are still there after all! Except that I'VE GOT TO CLICK TO OPEN A WHOLE NEW TAB TO VIEW THEM; INSTEAD OF THE INFORMATION BEING IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE AT A GLANCE. This is the same infuriating crap that you did with weapon stats, and again nobody wants it. It's far better to give us data immediately even if we have to scroll down to view it all; and certainly better than adding five new windows every time players want to look at the information we should already be able to see. Quit burying vital data with that rubbish. I'm sick and tired of it. Whatever happened to the good old days of being able to look at a weapon in market or codex and having it immediately and clearly display to you what its statistics were? They're gone, and now we don't even get the same convenience when looking at how we performed in a mission. Because yet again, you ripped the immediately-viewable UI out in favor of forcing us to fiddle with more tabs and menus. Utterly asinine, and frankly offensive.

And perhaps most damningly, the order of the resources (which should still be in the lower left, not the right where my blasted stats are supposed to be); doesn't make a whiff of sense anymore. It used to be arranged alphabetically and by rarity; with credits always going first, followed by Ayatan, Ayatan stars, unique items like Toroids, rare node resources, and then all the other materials.

Now oh-so-infuriatingly, that whole order is disregarded and the resources are scattered from hell to breakfast. On top of this, as one final insult to injury, the central tab that used to list acquired Mods separately now doesn't exist. Mods are jammed in with resources in the same hideous blob as the rest of this tangled glop; and now it's even harder for a new player to tell what they acquired from a mission. There's no rhyme or reason, and the clarity of the prior displayed has been discared in favor of yet another abominable "sLeEk OvErHaUL".

TL;DR: This isn't anger just because you made changes, this is anger over the fact the changes made to the UI could not be worse if you had actively tried to ruin it. My expectactions have been bare minimum since February 2019 marked the game's slow downhill slide into irritating controls and bad graphical changes being forced in; and yet every update I still manage to get disappointed. I genuinely have grown doubtful you care about anything but shareholders, or that any of you actually play your own blasted game.

This is revolting. This isn't even an "overhaul", this is a violation. You didn't even do the bare minimum to make this UI user-friendly or retain what was pleasant and familiar. 

A bad change is a bad change. It's time for the bootlickers of the player community to quit smearing those among the rest of us with actual criticisms as Luddites; and actually consider that there is a good reason we're so mad about all the "InNoVaTiOn" the past two years have brought to a once-fun and formerly-functional game. People have every right to want reversion of changes that only make Warframe worse.

• 3 weeks later...

My "suggestion" about the design remains the same as before, and it's actually a demand: 

Revert

it 

completely

back

to

the

old

layout.

Shocking, I know. How could I pOsSiBLY have preferred the layout which was pleasingly simple, didn't force me to toggle through extra hidden menus, and displayed all my information clearly and in a logical arrangement?!

Why on Earth, good heavens forbid, did I LIKE having this information about my performance and my loot arranged in structured nature that followed the tendency of the human eye to read in a zig-zag motion; when I could have this marvelous STEAMING PILE OF SH - ahem, affront to the senses to look at?!

By all accounts, my simpleton's desire for this UI and menu to be a cohesive and easily-navigated affair doesn't make one lick of sense; and this rectangular slush of incoherent data is ToTaLLy SuPeRiOr; and not in any way shape or form could it be the last bloody straw that broke the camel's back and made me quit playing Warframe altogether.

T̥̼̤Hͧ̿͆ͮ̍Ả̖̬̹͛̒Tͦ͒ͦ͑͆ ͎͓̘͉̘̬ͦ̇̓ͩW͉̝͖͇͚̹͆̂ͪO̖ͥ̉̾͛̓̚U̦͔͉̯̘̩L̟̠̹̰̪͉̬̏ͤ̓̇ͩD͈̳̯̼̦͎̍ͧ ͪ͛Bͯ̅̈ͧE͓̱̲͚̖̫̽̂͋ͥ ̱͚̙ͪ̐̃ͥ̊̾̔Ś͓̤̓̾Ȋ̯̭͕L͕͛L̪̞͍̥Y̭̘̬͉ͯ,͖̣̗̖̻̜͛ͤ ̱̘̝̖̭̫̝ͪͬÖ̥̻̫͌̎ͫͣP̖̓E̻̞̣͔̘̟ͧͪ̇R͇̭A̺̪̘̘̣̟̦̒ͦͤ̀ͭ̃T̞̬̳̼͈̜́Oͩ̋̈ͤ̚R̍ͨ̌̆̓̾̓.ͯ͆ͪ

I'͉̙͒ͦ̎̆ͅM̖̤̖̥͆̄̋ͧ̀̌ͬͅ ̠̆S̈̍ͤ̍U͚͕͎̣̱̺͂̂̓R̉̉E͕̗̜̳̞̝͇ͫ̃ͤ̃̆ ̯̯̫̓̓͋̍̑̇͌Ț̐Ȟ͔ͣ̑ͫͫ̆ͯE̗͇̺̹͈̝̪ ̝̯̻̋̌͑͌B̯̱̜̠͗͊ͥ͒͌̂ͮO̭̣͙̩ͪ̈́̌A̙̮ͧ̓ͯ̆̚R̯̦ͦ̆D͇̰̣͉̎̎̄̈ ͒́̀͋̍̅̅O͙ͬ̍͒ͫ̃F̤͕̄̎͗̇ͬ͋ ͎͎͓̺̥̟͇̉ͨ̏Ḍ̺̓I̪͕̽R͈͔̠͇E̬͒͊̄ͭ̊C̽̊̀̐ͣ͋ͤT̝̮̩̪̰̭ͩ̈͌̌̏ͮͤO̘̝̖̗͓͍͛̿ͧȒ̻̹͒S͔͚̮͇̞̥̩̆͒̊ ͚͍ͨK̫͂N͉͓͔͖̭̪O̹͚̪̩͌ͣ̍̉͑̋̊W͔̻̗ͤ̃ͣ̋S͉͇͙͛̐͒ͦ̅̚ ͙̽ͪW̩̩͖̯̲̮͉̃̿̑͐Ȟ̟̥͆ͅA̙̥͚̥̘̫ͣ̍͆̉̽͒T̖̹͉̰̥̣ͯ̚ͅ ͎Í̺͈̻̝̰̼̦ͩ͑͋͑̉͛T͓̯̟̩͔̃̽ͫ̆'̟̫ͮͨ͐ͥS͓̖̠̝̠̞͊ͭͭ̏̅ ͂̾Dͬ̅ͨ̒̌O̜͇̺̺Ī̠N̦̜̖͚͉̠͙̔̎ͨ̏ͦG͚͔̮̬͓̳̤̎̇̍͂ͤ͋.̈ͧͭ̉

I like the new UI after free roam missions. It feels like there is less loading now because I can walk around with my warframe when the UI pops up.

Secondly, I like the new end mission screens. Our warframes are fashion and seeing other player's warframes as fashion is also great. 

Most of the complaints the players are having on the thread seems to be the delivery of information. That's the only thing they care about.

I'm saying this because I don't want DE to roll back changes. The UI is a huge improvement graphically but less improvement in certain functionality such as stats.

oh this thread does exist, thank god.

DE has it in their head that wasting more space is better, requiring additional input to see information is better, and less information overall is better.

Just look at the nav screen - you gotta click a button to make a button appear that you can click to see your resource drones AND the only way to see resources for each planet, AFTER you click on the planet. Remember the really old UI? (AKA the best UI this game has had), you used to be able to mouse over each planet and see the resources. Why was that bad? Why change that?

On 2020-08-12 at 9:50 PM, Leontiesh said:

NEW UI

Hide contents

iKfGkfl.png

OLD UI

Hide contents

VNNdFkZ.jpg

Straight to the point:

1) You don't have relevant stats highlighted in orange anymore. I can't tell at a first glance when pressing TAB who has most damage, who has most kills, who has least damage taken. I need to spend a lot of time comparing numbers when inside a mission instead of immediately being able to tell how the builds in my squad are performing.

2) Too... far too... way way way.. too much space. My eyes literally physically hurt to go from left to right to see how much damage we have dealt. From the row title to the actual damage numbers, I have to move my eyes over the entire screen. I have a big TV, my eyes hurt. Physically hurt. What's the point in having soooo much unused space? The old UI was compact and immediate. Fast. Quick. To the point. One second TAB open and I could have all the info I needed.

3) I can't see my weapons. I literally don't know what are my equipped weapons. I only see the frame I'm using now. Why? I change through many a loadouts constantly for different missions. I absolutely NEED to see my weapons from the screen. This is essential more than anything, why would you ever hide this information from me? 

4) I want to see my ORBITER when extracting from a mission. I don't need to see fashion frame. The ORBITER is fashion frame too. I can see other people's fashion frames while in the mission. When extracting I want my orbiter. I've spent time and platinum painting it. It's an integral part of the game, why did you hide this from me?

I agree with everything EXCEPT it is the LANDING CRAFT not the Orbiter =)

I wonder if DE actually knows/reads our opinion on this and if they even care at all...
I mean from the people i talk to, the people write here and so on, the majority is very uncomfortable with the new UI...
I am a bit disappointed that it at least seems DE doesnt give a f... about ... i mean the easiest solution would be to make it optional to use the new UI .. OR at least an option to switch back to the OLD UI so everyone will be satisfied...

I would even pay for the old UI..lol

On 2020-10-01 at 3:23 PM, -Krux- said:

Remember the really old UI? (AKA the best UI this game has had), you used to be able to mouse over each planet and see the resources.

From 2014? While it's not the map screen (this is from some Shadowplay video I have in my archives) as I've already picked the mission, you can still clearly see the resource list along with what equipment everyone in the squad is using.

warframe-old-map-UI.jpg

On 2020-10-04 at 4:20 AM, DoomFruit said:

From 2014? While it's not the map screen (this is from some Shadowplay video I have in my archives) as I've already picked the mission, you can still clearly see the resource list along with what equipment everyone in the squad is using.

warframe-old-map-UI.jpg

Oh yeah, that's the one.. I forgot even that it had the squad stuff right there.

Yeah, the UI has continued to plummet since those days. The latest is this new end of mission screen but it's nothing new in concept. DE has continued to take away functionality such as this to go the route of trendy big button, big text, no granularity, "user-friendliness". UI design should go to tennogen so we can have this back and maybe actually see improvements instead of degrading.

Personally I kind of like the new EoM screen, EXCEPT, it's strangely slow.
I love getting the information in a more condensed format, and this new screen allows me to read it MUCH faster, which makes my problem with it kind of weird.
Ever since it came out, my end of mission loading takes 3x to 4x longer.
For some reason it has a delay during which it cannot be skipped, and the UI does not respond, which extends well past the loading progress animations and SSD/CPU activity.

Also I suspect it's loading the screen with the "current warframe in a void" specifically, only to load out of it when you exit, if it's doing that, that part should stop because it's kind of a pointless extra step.

So my suggestion is this: can you make it so that if the user presses ESC to cancel out of the screen at any point, it vanishes immediately instead of sticking around?
The current implementation rather pushes me towards hammering the ESC key untill the UI becomes responsive again, which is somewhat frustrating.

7 hours ago, enizer said:

Also I suspect it's loading the screen with the "current warframe in a void" specifically, only to load out of it when you exit, if it's doing that, that part should stop because it's kind of a pointless extra step.

So my suggestion is this: can you make it so that if the user presses ESC to cancel out of the screen at any point, it vanishes immediately instead of sticking around?
The current implementation rather pushes me towards hammering the ESC key untill the UI becomes responsive again, which is somewhat frustrating.

Try hammering the spacebar instead of escape. It won't skip anything, but you'll be able to hear your frame jumping in the background. Since the jump sounds are very close together, your frame is stuck underneath a relatively low ceiling - you hit the roof, then fall back to the ground faster than you would in an open space so you can jump again immediately.

Because of this you most definitely have not spawned in a void - you're already in your ship and when you hammer the jump button, you're banging your head against the window above the navigation console (where you spawn normally).

No, what's going on is for some inexplicable reason a deliberate action.

Yeah that's what's confusing me, most of the time I just want to know exactly how much of the thing I was grinding did I get, lets say I'm getting argon crystals, then I look at the EoM screen, ok, two argon crystals this time, and that's it for the info I need.
The new end of mission screen gives me that information faster than ever before.

Good job BTW DE, on making the information denser and easier to parse faster.
So... why is it then locking out the controls and forcing me to spend MORE time on it, when the improvements on it make me need less time there?

I'm confused.

• 2 weeks later...

BeguWC6.jpg

This remains just so utterly asinine I couldn't help but add some annotations to summarize every problem the new UI has in MS Paint. And frankly, the new UI looks like it was slapped together in MS Paint. 

See the orange-red arrows? That's the flow of the eye when "reading" the image. See how it follows a nice zig-zagging pattern, moving in a Z like I was reading a book? That's good menu design. That's how menus should look and data should be displayed.

But, like everything about Warframe since 2019, the mindless design philosophy has devolved to old=inherently bad; and instead of adjusting the tiny couple of flaws that this far more pleasing UI had, the developers opted to rip an entire mostly-working system out and replace it with something inferior.

It's Melee 3.0 all over again. It's several steps beyond frustrating. I genuinely doubt DE cares about our feedback; if this is the kind of speed with which they respond to an almost universally despised "ReMaStEr" of the player interface.

Expect my oh-so-thrilled analysis of our "great" new UI to follow. To say I despise this game change more than any other in the past few years, besides, of course, the melee changes; would be an understatement of cosmic proportions.

9 hours ago, Maxim_M_Payne said:

BeguWC6.jpg

This remains just so utterly asinine I couldn't help but add some annotations to summarize every problem the new UI has in MS Paint. And frankly, the new UI looks like it was slapped together in MS Paint. 

See the orange-red arrows? That's the flow of the eye when "reading" the image. See how it follows a nice zig-zagging pattern, moving in a Z like I was reading a book? That's good menu design. That's how menus should look and data should be displayed.

But, like everything about Warframe since 2019, the mindless design philosophy has devolved to old=inherently bad; and instead of adjusting the tiny couple of flaws that this far more pleasing UI had, the developers opted to rip an entire mostly-working system out and replace it with something inferior.

It's Melee 3.0 all over again. It's several steps beyond frustrating. I genuinely doubt DE cares about our feedback; if this is the kind of speed with which they respond to an almost universally despised "ReMaStEr" of the player interface.

Expect my oh-so-thrilled analysis of our "great" new UI to follow. To say I despise this game change more than any other in the past few years, besides, of course, the melee changes; would be an understatement of cosmic proportions.

Oh, DE very clearly does NOT care about our feedback. Agreed, to hell with the melee "rework" (almost universal nerf) and the UI "redesigns" (nerfs).
Half of the melee weapons are practically unusable now, due to either locking the player in place with every single combo in every one of their stances, or having garbage stats across the board. For instance, never in my wildest dreams did I think that Iron Phoenix would become the only usable single sword stance remaining in the game, due to being the only single sword stance to have a single combo that is not a momentum killer. A single combo.

Oh, there's also the fact that the new UI (lol) does not tell you which weapons your Focus came from and in what quantities, as well as that it does not display maxed gear/gear that did not gain any affinity in the mission. It's definitely been said here before, but since DE clearly is not listening properly, it should proably be repeated.

On 2020-10-23 at 7:43 AM, shootaman777 said:

Agreed, to hell with the melee "rework" (almost universal nerf)

On 2020-10-23 at 7:43 AM, shootaman777 said:

Half of the melee weapons are practically unusable now, due to either locking the player in place with every single combo in every one of their stances, or having garbage stats across the board. For instance, never in my wildest dreams did I think that Iron Phoenix would become the only usable single sword stance remaining in the game, due to being the only single sword stance to have a single combo that is not a momentum killer. A single combo.

Actual admission that 3.0 feels, looks, and handles worse? Agreement that the good Stances should never have been changed, and that the bad Stances weren't remotely fixed? Consensus with me that it isn't fun and many people, myself included, will ALWAYS prefer the 2.0 controls; and we want our player-controlled-blocking and actually cool Combo moves back? Shootaman777, I could kiss you; irregardless of your physical sex or personal identity.

Even before the forced-on autoexposure made me quit playing altogether, Melee 3.0 has been a source of perpetual misery. It ripped out everything that made close combat actually feel fun and ninja-like, and removed it in favor of a movement-locked, clumsy, flash-and-lens-flare-clogged WASD-key-bound mess; a mess that's a cheap knockoff of DMC without any of the soul and without what made it Warframe melee. We didn't want Devil May Cry, we wanted to keep being the maniacal death blenders we used to exult in being. SURE WOULD BE A SHAME IF THAT WAS WILLFULLY IGNORED, OUR FEEDBACK SWEPT ASIDE, AND THE WORST POSSIBLE SERIES OF CHANGES WERE MADE IN TWO EQUALLY BAD "PHASES" OF OUR "REMASTER"! That would be terrible and possibly drive me to a deep, festering, resentful, spiteful rage that has made me distrust any future update to this particular game; or any products made by its parent company, therefore costing them profit further down the line in the future. Merely a conjecture! But also the truth.

But back on topic, because while MANY bad changes to the game have been made the past two and a half years on DE's end (*cough* 3.0 *cough*); and most of them are still unadressed; we are here to talk about the new UI and it's oh-so-lovely "overhaul". 

And the new UI is, frankly, an insult. A joke. A three-ring circus with clown cars that only contain 24 duplicates of Pennywise; and meanwhile, while you're already cringing in revulsion and fear, each Pennywise is eating the duplicated corpse of your favorite childhood pet while giving you the double middle finger and making pelvic thrusts.

Okay, my metaphor got away from me a little bit there, but the key point is: THIS MENU IS AWFUL. It will still be awful tomorrow, it was already awful when it was first implemented and I made one (1) visit to Cambion Drift before deciding it was the final straw and I was done playing Warframe for the forseeable future, and it will be awful no matter how many distracting bells and whistles are strung over it. You can't sprinkle glitter on a cow pie and distract from the fact you handed over poop, my friends. Stank shall remain stank.

And in light of that fact, as I displayed above when showing what was significantly better about the OLD UI; my feedback is once again being given through MS Paint. Because roughly the same amount of effort was put into the new UI, and it might as well have been slapped together in Paint '95 for how "sleek" and "convenient" this is.

Playtest your own blasted product, DE. Actually gather some group of players or promoters who double-check your pret projects for you; and tell you lot if the implementation is a good idea or if it should be completely scrapped. You've hauled out update after update of adjustments that worsened QoL and the actual enjoyment of the game, and it's driving players off. Ninjas do not, in fact, play free; we barely play at all, and we keep getting more restricted and inconvenienced with each step of the "brave new game" that has repeatedly proven a consistent downgrade to what we had before. 

SvapCME.jpg

Archived