Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the New Ui

YG--

On 2020-10-23 at 1:43 PM, shootaman777 said:

Oh, DE very clearly does NOT care about our feedback. Agreed, to hell with the melee "rework" (almost universal nerf) and the UI "redesigns" (nerfs).
Half of the melee weapons are practically unusable now, due to either locking the player in place with every single combo in every one of their stances, or having garbage stats across the board. For instance, never in my wildest dreams did I think that Iron Phoenix would become the only usable single sword stance remaining in the game, due to being the only single sword stance to have a single combo that is not a momentum killer. A single combo.

I strongly agree with this one, I greatly miss melee 2.0, "the flow update" actually did what it promised to do, and made melee combat a lot smoother, after 3.0 melee is a lot clunkyer, too many combos cause missteps, and are significantly slower.

And several weapons like the wolf sledge used to be unique, and had unique moves, and now work exactly like every other weapon of it's type, I just cant find the improvement in it, and time has NOT made it better, melee 3.0 is slower, which just dosn't fit the theme of warframe at all I feel.

Damage 3.0 has the same problem while I'm at it, the new knockdown status is also slower, you take too long to react after being knocked down, and don't stand back up automatically anymore.. why?

Forced slowdowns in such a fast paced game are just, not fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh good heavens. Until I briefly tried returning to the playerbase, just to get the final few Glassmaker rewards, I was unaware this hot mess isn't even consistent.

Not only was the old UI objectively better and less of an eyesore, it was consistent between its appearance in-mission and at the end of a mission.

The  UI "oVeRhAuL", as the latest in a long line of systems, mechanics, and visual elements that didn't need to be completely changed; doesn't even have that.

Spoiler

(And as for the above statement, I'm not leaving it ambiguous what I mean by "didn't need to be changed". Old Melee combos and controls were better, they were always better, they will never stop being what I preferred to use; and when you shoved in your personal abomination with The Old Blood after promising to FIX the problems Phase 1 of the garbage pile that is Melee 3.0 introduced, WE WEREN'T EVEN GIVEN AN OPTION TO RETAIN 2.0 CONTROLS, DE. Or, how about removing all the BS with Parazon, so we can go back to Finishers that aren't Assassin's Creed knockoffs and start hacking terminals again instantly. ADDING THE BLASTED ADAPATIVE EXPOSURE TOGGLE BACK IN. FIXING METALLICS, WHICH HAVE LITERALLY BEEN VISUALLY BROKEN SINCE SAINT OF ALTRA AND REMAIN PLASTIC-LIKE. Stopping adding lens-flare and cancerous sparks/bubbles to everything? And that's just the start!)

The new UI consists of two wholly different, equally ugly messes that reduce clarity, involve more hidden menu BS, list data nobody cares about (Crates Opened, MUCKING REALLY?!), and did I mention thAT THE BLASTED THINGS HAVE ZERO VISUAL FLOW? 

Expect my thoughts on the matter and a new set of the red-orange arrows showing where my eye is drawn to (which for both of these, is nowhere without any pattern at all) to follow.

This mounting pile of rubbish in almost every aspect of the game is what finally drove me off, and made me quit playing one of my FORMER favorites on Steam. When even the menus seem to be hand-crafted to be as obfuscating and inconvenient as possible, let alone compounded by the fact the game is no longer fun, I lose all interest.

Apparently that's a novel thought to whoever became the new majority shareholder for you lot, because the DE I remember actually cared about the game. About fun. About their players, at the bare bloody minimum.

Archived