Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glassmaker Episode 4 discussion (not for asking where clues are)

Zahnny

This thread will contain spoilers for Glassmaker. I apologize for the later part of the title, but the last time I made this thread for episode 3 it became very heavily derailed with Tenno asking where to find the clues, when I wanted the thread to be about the lore instead of the clues. Maybe I'm to blame for not stating that last time.

Spoiler

So Episode 4 of Nightwave's Glassmaker is out and perhaps my interpretation is wrong but here's what I've gathered so far.

All targets have defected to some extent, and the Glassmaker wants to keep Order and Justice by killing dissidents.

An Ostron who wasn't fond of the Ostron ways of sharing with his own, wanting to gain his own value.

A Crewman who didn't believe in Corpus dogma.

Grineer clone who wanted to save lives, not destroy them. (why this makes him different compared to Steel meridian is anyone's guess.) though with his strong connection with the most recent target I'm uncertain.

And a Solaris undercover spy who didn't believe in Solaris United, after SU made life worse for him and resulted in the deaths of his family.

What is interesting is all of these are now believed to have strong connections with each other beforehand. And Nihil sounds like he wants to pay little Nora a visit, but intends to do something different, I forget the exact wording but I think it was something alone the lines of "Your role will be the same but your agenda will be quite different."

To me, I get the impression Nihil is intending on turning Nora into a cephalon.

Oh and I'm quite glad we finally get called out for our hubris. pic related:

Spoiler

YSA7DVB.jpg

Left the top part spoilered for anyone who hasn't played it yet, but since it'd require you to scroll down to see this I don't think any more spoilers are required.

Anyway, I forgot to mention in the OP that it seems a one, Parvos Granum might fit in here somewhere.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

*looks at the sword*

I think TennoCon also showed the sword seperately but I don't have that with me. To be honest I'm surprised they fully showed off Nihil before Episode 5 or at least within Glassmaker.

Something I'm wondering.

First Ballas, now Nihils.

Is this meant to signal or a sign to herald the return of the Orokin? Ballas had been hiding...somewhere for a long time and Nihils well they just kinda appeared and started glassing people, his own dialogue saying that his victims helped him adjust to the modern system seems to imply he's been out of the loop, in some kind of stasis or some other method. There's also Parvos Granum, someone who might have been around during the time of Nihil before his disapperance.

However one question I have, is will Nihils be an Orokin or a Cephalon? Or a Cephalon taken form?

Ballas and Nihils are the first Orokin we've learnt about existing in the modern system, and I have a feeling they won't be the last. The question is, are they returning? And why now are they returning? I wonder if our meddling since we were awoken has caused this, such as pulling Lua outside of the Void, or something in regards to the Queens or Wally.

30 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

However one question I have, is will Nihils be an Orokin or a Cephalon? Or a Cephalon taken form?

I think he might be a Cephalon now we enter his little realm similar to Simaris ir Duda. His fight is probably going to be him creating a digital version of what he was before becoming one

• 4 weeks later...

On 2020-08-13 at 8:50 AM, Zahnny said:

Something I'm wondering.

First Ballas, now Nihils.

Is this meant to signal or a sign to herald the return of the Orokin? Ballas had been hiding...somewhere for a long time and Nihils well they just kinda appeared and started glassing people, his own dialogue saying that his victims helped him adjust to the modern system seems to imply he's been out of the loop, in some kind of stasis or some other method. There's also Parvos Granum, someone who might have been around during the time of Nihil before his disapperance.

Ballas and Nihils are the first Orokin we've learnt about existing in the modern system, and I have a feeling they won't be the last. The question is, are they returning? And why now are they returning? I wonder if our meddling since we were awoken has caused this, such as pulling Lua outside of the Void, or something in regards to the Queens or Wally.

I've been wondering about something like that too. Considering how the Emissary became a new assassination boss node, perhaps at the climax of series 3, Nihil will stay around as a void assassination mission.

As for what'll happen with Nora, I'm wondering if she's gone on the down low, causing the static we see from wherever she's broadcasting; Possibly far underground or far out in space with some protections in place that interfere with it.

I think it would be interesting to see if the Tenno's collective actions (Lua & certain other quests) have led to Nihil's emergence, bringing it full circle.

Archived