Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Shift: Hotfix 28.3.2

[DE]Megan

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Added music to the End of Mission screen!

Please, for the love of whatever, STOP abusing that music. Ever since Second Dream hit hard, i've been hearing iterations of the once epic, now overused asset. Let me at least turn it off.

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

I'm afraid this new UI needs alot more than music added (unless it's Piano Man by Billy Joel). There needs to be more information and smarter use of the screen real estate as mentioned in January from Pablo's thread. The screen should be expanded by default or atleast have a memory for player preferences. Having to expand a UI menu every single mission for a screen that was expanded for years feels just as bad as hover-overs.

Function over fashion was the largest portion of feedback, but it seems we still lost loads of function at the hands of "looking pretty". 😕

I agree, when it comes to UI I will always prefer function over "looking pretty"

So, as i was saying in the first post for yesterday's patch, i am having some problems with the rendering of the game.
I am now providing with photo evidence of these problems, hope you guys can solve it.

As you can see here, even though i'm using the classic golden vitruvian theme, in the navigation when i select a loadout there's a green tint that it wasn't there before.
l81DKIS.jpg

As i was saying yesterday, not only the game looks way less sharper, but also way brighter. Consider my Brightness is at 50 where it has always been since i started playing, and i use TAA x8 + 100% Sharpening. I've been having problems with AA in other games so lately my eye has been a bit more trained towards AA artifacts, and i can tell you, especially in the distance where my Arsenal is, it has never been that white, nor that unsharp.
Also, i don't have Dynamic Lighting active, i thought it might be that, but if i use that it actually becomes even more bright.

O0XO0be.jpg
Last thing i wanna report is text sharpness. I recall in yesterday's patch you guys changed the way it renders, but now it's very blurry. Look at the news panel, it's barely readable yet i used always to be able to spot with distance what was written in it.

To recap: game became a lot more unsharp, especially on draw distance and text, a lot more white and there's a green tint in the loadout selection on the navigation menu.
i678Yns.jpg

Hope this helps a bit more.

Thank you for the amazing work you guys do, just hope it's things that can be fixed.

7 hours ago, TheGreatKazein said:

Still no fix for "blue crits" or the stacking of bloodrush, gladiator set bonuses, and weeping wounds via different methods.

blue crits is a bug, but there is nothing wrong with stacking glad mods and blood rush.

I specifically pleaded to not put faction reputation in the affinity section. And it's still there.

Also, on the UI, I'm freaking MR 29 with over 1500 hours. Why is 'Alloy Plate' rated as the second most important resource? Over Toroids, Debt-Bonds etc. Seriously!?!

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

I'm afraid this new UI needs alot more than music added (unless it's Piano Man by Billy Joel). There needs to be more information and smarter use of the screen real estate as mentioned in January from Pablo's thread. The screen should be expanded by default or atleast have a memory for player preferences. Having to expand a UI menu every single mission for a screen that was expanded for years feels just as bad as hover-overs.

Function over fashion was the largest portion of feedback, but it seems we still lost loads of function at the hands of "looking pretty". 😕

Yeah DE really need to overthink their art concept of things like that. Prettiness or not here should come function first and THEN all the beauty stuff. I dont want a UI Rework in favor for prettiness and a disadvantage of function and practical usefulness. Bit like you put the Steerwheel of the car on the top so it looks pretty but where is the usefulness? Right. Non-existent...
Just sad how you guys go more and more in designs where is a lot of empty not used space, Hover mechanics (which are totally unnecessary) and Drop down menus... Nobody likes that.... So many clicks and stupid actions you need to do in order to get informations we had on one screen before... Just revert it as it was and we are happy again. Thanks!

Well, I think it is very smart thinking dropping this mainline a couple of weeks before Deimos. Since "we the community" are known for our quick responses concerning all and any issues, it is a good, though occasionally frustrating way of ironing out the worst problems before the 25th.

I've encountered some of the bugs described, but the only thing that really bugs me is the non-option to always and automatically have a (the) more (most) informative "end-of-mission"-screen. It just feels wrong, not being able to persistently select an option that would always show as much info as can be crammed into one screen. Otherwise the UI changes and current trend(s) are quite nice.

I don't know about you but i don't like this new score tab , i can't even see my EXP status progress in mission and I don't like the way it looks . Bring the old score tab back . I'm against this update . 

PS : Why are the Developers not making an option for all this fashion engine , and let players to select what menu type they like it ? 😐

Some bugs:

- during today´s sortie I wasn´t able to survive anyone or resurrect myself. The X Key didn´t do anything. It also didn´t give me the "press X to survive" prompt. After dying myself it worked again.

- Titania PRime´s Tail is gone

- My top right menu (credits, platinum, boosters) was invisible. I heard it when hovering over the area where it´s supposed to be, but it was invisible. Restarting brought it back,

- The ingame (in mission) TAB menu doesn´t display frame or weapon levels any more. This must be a bug, right? It just has to be. I can´t imagine this #1 information was forgotten to implement.

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Added music to the End of Mission screen!

Seriously ?

Allright, let me state this plainly : the new end of mission screen is terrible. It needs to go.

It offers less information than the old one, but said information is spread on two different screens instead of one. That's bad design. One can't see the equipment other players used, but sure, we have a shiny picture and new music. Awesome. NOT. And what's with the absurd sorting by "importance" ? Just revert and give us back the plain, simple, synthetic overview screen, we had before. It's not quite as shiny, but it's alot more useful.

8 hours ago, Chanzi said:

Please fix Wukong's speed nerf or clarify. It appears that neither the crouch speed boost nor sprint speed mods increase the cloudwalker speed anymore.

That was actually an intended nerf to the people rushing levels.

Trust me, I am as annoyed by this as you, since I wasted more than 10 forma into my Wukongs, each.

I like the new buttons to filter rewards on the mission progress screen. But can you make them also affect "quick progress" screen please? I really don't want to often open mission progress during the mission, as well as retype my filters.

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

Looks over function = main problem of Warframes "new" UI.

Archived