Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Derelict Shift: Hotfix 28.3.2

[DE]Megan

11 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix.

I'm afraid this new UI needs alot more than music added (unless it's Piano Man by Billy Joel). There needs to be more information and smarter use of the screen real estate as mentioned in January from Pablo's thread. The screen should be expanded by default or atleast have a memory for player preferences. Having to expand a UI menu every single mission for a screen that was expanded for years feels just as bad as hover-overs.

Function over fashion was the largest portion of feedback, but it seems we still lost loads of function at the hands of "looking pretty". 😕

Agree. It seems to me that clicking "+" every time I wanna see the stats might get annoying quickly. There's gotta be a smarter way to sort this up

The Shedu's moving hipfire animation is broken. The warframe looks into the sky regardless of the direction i'm heading in. This bug was introduced with the first derelict relocation thingy and none of the hotfixes "fixed" it. I really hope it will be fixed before they introduce the infested arm cannon fwX61d9ce3ereAAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

The UI looks pretty and all, but I just wanna see my affinity gains on all my items, like my sentinel weapon for example. The static format you had before made it easy to see how things were levelling, now it just hurts my head. Anyway, sentinel weapon affinity is missing, its level 18 after this mission, but not listed.

Add sorting to the affinity like you have for the items separating Syndicates, Equipment and Focus please.

I'm also going to miss seeing how far I carried my team automatically shown to me.
HCfvuKg.jpg

The end game screen and in-game tab screen are both unfit for purpose now.

1. Explain to me exactly, why I need to press a button to expand the INFORMATION screen to see fluorescent pink and edgy black/red "fashion" framing?
It should be the reverse, if I want to have my eyes gouged out by the horrendous colors people use, THEN I should click the button.

2. The stat screen is more important than both the item and reputation/faction screens combined, they need to be reversed.

3. The text size and spread absolutely need to be returned to their original sizes so all information is easily read and I don't have to physically swivel my head from left to right to read it all.

4. If you can't make separate UI's for console users, then screw them, let them sit closer to the TV and let the BY FAR larger user group be the ones with the perks. God knows we have to go through your involuntary beta testing for everything else already, so we deserve it.

Can we please just get the old End-of-Mission UI again? At least give us the option to turn it back to old style. It´s so unnecessarily clumsy and pretty much the opposite of what a good mission summary should be. Also the music isn´t needed aswell and pretty much distracting and too loud. The old style was a bit sterile and minimalistic, but it worked perfectly. Honestly this just feels like that time when you decided to rework the star chart into a fresh new system with that circular placed mission tabs on planets, and we all know how well THAT turned out. 

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Added music to the End of Mission screen!

I find myself in agreement with @Voltage with this.  Not only is it off-putting, it's causing the load up to hesitate for reasons I'm not entirely sure of.  

And by hesitations/lag, I'm talking about how my mouse with flutter, hiccup and cough while I'm trying to look at my stats, in much the same way we used to lag going into a relay through the airlock.  

This wasn't the problem when I was checking out the new screens in the .0 and .1 updates ether, and feels like a step back from that.  After all, extraction should be a through with it...  not a hesitating and slogging showcase of things we already know we're getting from the mission.  

Please for the sake of simplicity, get in touch with the pointy-haired manager that exists in us all, not some sort of artistic flourish most people could care less about.  

And...praise retracted.

Syndicate medallions in the rescue mission, on corpus ship, still have a medallion spawning outside of bounds in the actual jail cell area.

Additionally, full confirmation on your botch of the new tiles within the corpus ship tileset.  30+ runs confirms that the Granum Void is broken with the new starting tile (large cross shaped room with corpus emblem at the center).  Older style start works every time.  

Not looking good for the multiple console release, when the PC release preparation is so bad.

There is a display glitch in the new end-of-mission UI for credits earned. It does not actually affect credits earned, I believe I posted this on the initial hotfix notes but I've learned a bit since then.

I've attached a proof below that isn't designed to be 100% accurate to the design of the game. I know it's not. But it does show a clear behaviour that's occuring. The barest essence of it is that a credit booster appears to be applying twice when actually if you keep track of how many credits you own before/after the mission it's not. Specifically by multiplying the displayed Mission Credits when it shouldn't be. That math is securely in Boosted Credits.

Profit-Taker run

Observations:
Mission credits are 250k before entering escape, 500k after (this is the error)
Boosted credits is 750k

Where:
X = Credits picked up
Y = Credits picked up w/ successful 60% chance of double on Chroma's 4
P = Mission Payout
k = x1000
B = Boosted Credits
E = Event Credit Booster
M = Market Credit Booster (3-day)
    Where E and M equal 2 if owned, 1 if not.
T = Total Credits

X + 2Y = P  ->  0 + 2(5 x 25k) = 250k
(P x E x M) - P = B  ->  (250k x 2 x 2) - 250k = 750k
P + B = T  ->  250k + 750k = 1 million

However the end-of-mission UI is telling me I've earned 1,250,000. What I believe is happening is the game is displaying T = (P x E) + B or T = (P x M) + B
I don't know which when internally it is still doing the correct math. I'm walking away from each Profit-Taker run with the correct 1 million credits earned.

3 hours ago, Smilomaniac said:

2. The stat screen is more important than both the item and reputation/faction screens combined, they need to be reversed.

While the rest is spot on, that could be debated. I personnaly like to know about my item progressions, and don't care much about stats. Personnal taste. But the advantage pf the old UI was that everyone, and I mean that quite litteraly, would find everything they needed on a single screen.

Now, everyone has to click something, somewhere, to find part of the relevant information they care about, all the while having their screen space cluttered by useless information. What one will define as useless may vary, but I'm pretty sure everyone will find something useless on the first screen and have to go to the second for the rest of the useful stuff.

Also, some informations are simply gone. That's really, really bad design.

In complete and total fairness to the end mission screen, could we get a 68pt font for the forums so people have to literally turn their head to read messages? it only makes logical sense. I'm so irritated about this I just quit out mid sortie to go do something productive. Maybe I'll vacuum the house or something.

16 hours ago, Decemvrios said:

Operator's void dash/void mode causes screen to de-saturate (black and white) for a few seconds after which it returns back to normal coloring.

Some more de-saturation (screen changing to black and white) findings. Seems like slam attacks from all weapons along with a few melee combos seem to trigger the change. Tried a few different weapons so not a complete exhaustive testing.

Archived