Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new mission endscreen is confusing and wasting space

Arik39

After I saw the new endscreen in a preview I was shocked, half the screen was empty space and relevent information was not visible. I hoped it would get better before it would be released, but it did not.

The new screen shows the warframes in the background which is ok, I get wanting to make it look nice and showing of everyones fashionframe. but having it take up half the screen before I click the plus is too much. If the rewards/stats of the mission were visible from the beginning and I could switch to the smaller view by clicking a minus, I would much prefer that.

The left half of the screen is devotet to syndicates, why? I do not need them to take half my screen, that space could be used to schow important things like total endo earned, total credits earned etc but to see those I have to scroll through all the drops of the mission. This is another problem: the drops are all mixed together mods resources credits, even the missiontime is somewhere randomly inbetween the drops. It makes no sence to me not to seperate resources from mods.

The sorting function of saied drops does not seem to be working either, after my last mission if I sorted by importance the first thing listed was "Mutagen sample" and second was " Nanospores" rare mods like "melee guidance" were somewhere in the middle of the rest of the drops.

All in all I get the idea of making the screen look good, but the execution is... I do not know another word to say it: horrible.

It is confusing and wastes space on the screen.

sorry for possible spelling mistakes and my bad english, it is 3am and english is not my first language.

Screenshot example:

Spoiler

GIcXRbb.jpg

Notice that my Exergis with its 3 pellets get 3050% accuracy somehow... on a solo Survival (Sortie) mission with minimal spawns. I always knew accuracy calculation was botched/counter intuitive, but this is clearly wrong for these conditions!

EDIT: Notice that half of the score screen is wasted space. And I have no breakdown of kills or anything. Just 3050% accuracy.

EDIT2: Notice the unnecessary sorting drop down menu ('Importance' selected) and the Search bar... on a score screen that lasts less than 30 seconds without even giving you mouse/keyboard control for most of the score screen's existence in the mission.

Also notice that extraction does not involve fashion landing craft anymore! No more landing craft at extraction. I forget what it is now... I think it's just the frame is fastened into the landing craft and is then just *there* until we return to Orbiter.

EDIT3: I do like the compact display of loot though! This is far more compact than before. You probably will never need a scroll bar with this system.

The compact display of syndicates and focus will take some getting used to. But it does show more information in less space! No separate "Syndicates" tab needed. That's nice! But it otherwise doesn't make categorical sense because Focus and Syndicates are different.

It will be interesting to see how Index and ESO display mission stats.

EDIT4: There's a "+" Triangle to the right of the loot/syndicate/focus screen. Is that supposed to be a button DE? That's not a very intuitive button!

Oh I see. There's a separate "Stats" button too. Next time I play, I will try clicking it.

Keep in mind, this in-mission end-of-mission stat screen has a 30 second life time where maybe half of it denies use of our keyboard/mouse!

EDIT5: For consistency with the old UI. I would swap the loot panel with the syndicate panel. The loot list was on the left of the stat menu in the old UI.

EDIT6: For comparison, here's the old score menu!

Spoiler

8Sl3HUh.jpg

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

I don't see many problems with it.

It shows what I'd care about. 

Stats are kinda useless anyways. And only elitists care about it.

When benchmarking Revenant for forum arguments about Revenant, I've used the "Abilities Used" stat to quantify performance of sole-use of Mesmer Skin. Those score breakdowns are not always useless and not always for elitists either.

Just now, nslay said:

When benchmarking Revenant for forum arguments about Revenant, I've used the "Abilities Used" stat to quantify performance of sole-use of Mesmer Skin. Those score breakdowns are not always useless and not always for elitists either.

I'm sure that's correct.

But in the past I saw a lot more posts someone raging about not being "The Number One". Than people who just use it for normal things.

I will remark that the Press 'Tab' stat menu is very confusing to glance at. I remember pressing Tab during that Survival Sortie to see how much Vazarin focus I earned after collecting a focus orb. And I couldn't find it in the usual place.

Maybe DE could move Focus progress to the Frame/Pet/Weapon affinity progress that is visible in normal game play? For example, you can determine weapon rank and affinity progress in the lower right hand corner (same with Syndicate Effect progress for Syndicate weapons!). That way I won't even have to press Tab to see how much Focus I earned so far!

4 minutes ago, Kog12 said:

the stats page is hilariously bad.

And the way the thing blocks your frame on the "mission complete" pose

Yeah... I mean, if they want us to be able to watch our frame fasten into a landing craft. Seems like they could just put a scrolling list on the left for the syndicates and a scrolling list for the loot on the right. This would allow you to enjoy 30 seconds of the warframe hopping into the landing craft for the 10,000th time... completely without occlusion!

There's a simpler way out to please both players who liked this new report page and old summary page.  

JUST. MAKE. THIS. AS. OPTIONAL.

Add this as a toggle-able style change between 'optimized' and 'stylized'. It's easy enough, as what they needed to do was just add functionality to switch the display type; the script that extracts the information from the mission itself was probably not tweaked in any sense, just they added new 'functionality' that most player ALREADY said not needed. Why not give us an option, and not just forces whatever they feel good looking? Just like Jackal boss fight, few first time you saw that cutscene of it transported into the next area was cool, the next 30 times would make anybody annoyed since it's unskippable.

I would like to suggest that the confusion aspect is merely that this is brand spanking new. I would give it a few days before offering much criticism.

There is more information in less space, I find it a little weird looking but I’m waiting for it to become more normal.

🙂

42 minutes ago, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

There's a simpler way out to please both players who liked this new report page and old summary page.  

JUST. MAKE. THIS. AS. OPTIONAL.

Add this as a toggle-able style change between 'optimized' and 'stylized'. It's easy enough, as what they needed to do was just add functionality to switch the display type; the script that extracts the information from the mission itself was probably not tweaked in any sense, just they added new 'functionality' that most player ALREADY said not needed. Why not give us an option, and not just forces whatever they feel good looking? Just like Jackal boss fight, few first time you saw that cutscene of it transported into the next area was cool, the next 30 times would make anybody annoyed since it's unskippable.

They can’t because supporting old and new UI drains too many manpower. 

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Screenshot example:

Reveal hidden contents

GIcXRbb.jpg

Notice that my Exergis with its 3 pellets get 3050% accuracy somehow... on a solo Survival (Sortie) mission with minimal spawns. I always knew accuracy calculation was botched/counter intuitive, but this is clearly wrong for these conditions!

Reveal hidden contents

8Sl3HUh.jpg

the accuracy has been borked for quite a while. behold! 

Spoiler

nZH3EnJ.png

I really disliked it, but I suspect in a couple of days I won't even notice it anymore.  Ok, that generic epic fantasy music they dug up is probably going to bug me for longer than that.

One small thing I'd like though is the option to open it in the expanded mode automatically

21 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I really disliked it, but I suspect in a couple of days I won't even notice it anymore.  Ok, that generic epic fantasy music they dug up is probably going to bug me for longer than that.

One small thing I'd like though is the option to open it in the expanded mode automatically

I'd prefer a button to turn it off. Whoever designed it should be embarrassed.

I mean they presented it already in the DEV post "How we are not able to do UI/UX" pardon. It was "How we are making UI". But it was the usual. Feedback got ignored and the non informative UI got released anyway.

Not sure why fancy looking stuff has to be more in favour then essential information. But who knows.

Edit: Found one of my favs from feedback thread back then

https://i.imgur.com/KtJ853M.png

Archived