The new mission endscreen is confusing and wasting space

I'm at an age now, where it's always my first impulse to hate and fight change, so I can't have an objective opinion on the new stats screen. I like the poses though, seeing everyone's fashionframe is fun. Having to click the stats button to see stats is gonna take some getting used to.

Will take a little getting used to but a few issues i personally see.

Syndicate standing does not need half the screen, a quarter will suffice, and the remaining can be occupied with rewards, or you could just reduce the info screen altogether.

The "Bust view" of frames doesnt show my awesome fashion skills, its needs to be changed , the frames need to be zoomed out to cover atleast up to the ankles,

or allow me to minimize the info screen so i can revel in the glory of the majestic creature i have made.

The "Medals" needs proper names ,

I have seen

"opened x crates" (wtf? thats medal worthy?) make it "pack pobber" if you wanna make it interesting.

highest "X % damage" , call it "Weapon of destruction",

"X% accuracy " call it "marksman/ Dead eye" i will be interesting when 20% accuracy will generate this in a mission,

"X melee kills" call it "Blod thirsty"

"Recieved X% damage" call it "steel skin"

This is such a cool opportunity, please do not drop the ball on this.

As already mentioned in another thread: I think I already miss to see the other players´ equipment. I learned a lot from just looking at that and especially for the new players it is good to see, what warframe was that, what equipment/auras for certain mission types etc.. I know I could still take a look during the mission, but then I actually want to play the mission, so maybe just take it away from there and back into the end of mission screen. Ty.

Also the order of "importance" - hmm, so an iron phoenix mod is less important than pressure point or credits ? I don´t know.  And what is more important: Tellurium, Argon, Rare mod, blueprint ?

I would say it depends on what you need.

I prefer the old screen. Could we get an individual choice ?

• Like 4
vor 8 Stunden schrieb (NSW)RATHURUE:

There's a simpler way out to please both players who liked this new report page and old summary page.  

JUST. MAKE. THIS. AS. OPTIONAL.

Add this as a toggle-able style change between 'optimized' and 'stylized'. It's easy enough, as what they needed to do was just add functionality to switch the display type; the script that extracts the information from the mission itself was probably not tweaked in any sense, just they added new 'functionality' that most player ALREADY said not needed. Why not give us an option, and not just forces whatever they feel good looking? Just like Jackal boss fight, few first time you saw that cutscene of it transported into the next area was cool, the next 30 times would make anybody annoyed since it's unskippable.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb fo3nixz:

gimme the option to toggle new one or old one

yesplz

• Like 2

It's god awful and especially in the in-mission screen is worthless now.

Whoever designed this needs to go. What the hell is up with "designers" that have no clue on how to design a UI that is beyond all FUNCTIONAL and not something out of a deviantart rejects fan project!?

• Like 3
10 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

I don't see many problems with it.

It shows what I'd care about. 

Stats are kinda useless anyways. And only elitists care about it.

I feel like its less clutered.

I mean, I KNOW what weapons I brought into the mission, I know they are max rank.

This new one only shows what you progressed: Syndicate standing, Focus Lens, Unmaxed weapons and frames...

Less clutter.

But makes me think we will never have the animation of the Landing Craft docking in the Orbiter ever. So I get a bit bummed out.

• Like 4

I miss being able to quickly duck out of my current squad while the mission report is still open. I also can't hover over my teammates and see what gear they were using anymore,

Other than that I don't really have an opinion on the new screen.

• Like 1
vor 10 Stunden schrieb nslay:

Screenshot example:

Inhalt unsichtbar machen

GIcXRbb.jpg

Notice that my Exergis with its 3 pellets get 3050% accuracy somehow... on a solo Survival (Sortie) mission with minimal spawns. I always knew accuracy calculation was botched/counter intuitive, but this is clearly wrong for these conditions!

EDIT: Notice that half of the score screen is wasted space. And I have no breakdown of kills or anything. Just 3050% accuracy.

EDIT2: Notice the unnecessary sorting drop down menu ('Importance' selected) and the Search bar... on a score screen that lasts less than 30 seconds without even giving you mouse/keyboard control for most of the score screen's existence in the mission.

Also notice that extraction does not involve fashion landing craft anymore! No more landing craft at extraction. I forget what it is now... I think it's just the frame is fastened into the landing craft and is then just *there* until we return to Orbiter.

EDIT3: I do like the compact display of loot though! This is far more compact than before. You probably will never need a scroll bar with this system.

The compact display of syndicates and focus will take some getting used to. But it does show more information in less space! No separate "Syndicates" tab needed. That's nice! But it otherwise doesn't make categorical sense because Focus and Syndicates are different.

It will be interesting to see how Index and ESO display mission stats.

EDIT4: There's a "+" Triangle to the right of the loot/syndicate/focus screen. Is that supposed to be a button DE? That's not a very intuitive button!

Oh I see. There's a separate "Stats" button too. Next time I play, I will try clicking it.

Keep in mind, this in-mission end-of-mission stat screen has a 30 second life time where maybe half of it denies use of our keyboard/mouse!

EDIT5: For consistency with the old UI. I would swap the loot panel with the syndicate panel. The loot list was on the left of the stat menu in the old UI.

EDIT6: For comparison, here's the old score menu!

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

8Sl3HUh.jpg

That looks really confusing.. and that's why I like it. I've played thousands of hours, I'm not mad at any changes really 😂 I'm at the point of "make the game as unrecognizable as possible"

DE has never once listened to the community about any change after they have made one, they just march on with their vision and ignore every single comment about the changes.  They don't even comment or address the bug section of this forum, bugs ongoing for years with not a single comment from DE staff, to say its working as intended or to say they see the issue and its logged or anything. 

Each hotfix or patch is just filled with stuff they broke in the last patch, to make it seem like they are fixing issues, break 20 things fix 10, much progress, wow 👍

I think the new UI is fine. It doesn't put as much emphasis on stats, but that might be a good thing. For a lot of people used the % of damage dealt as a schlong measurement. The stats are still there if you bother looking for them, but the new UI puts the cooperative aspect a bit more into focus.

• Like 3

The new end mission screen is not great. It's slow, and clunky, and generally is just another thing that I have to hammer the Esc key just to get out of. It's basically another layer of nonsense between the loading screen and me being free to resume whatever I was doing, and what's gained from it is...not much, really. It's just kinda pointless, it feels like a UI update just for its own sake. 

A very simple way of putting it: if they had explained and demonstrated exactly what it is, how it works, what it displays, and how it interacts with the process of playing the game, would you choose to have it?

EDIT: To be perfectly clear, I mean the end mission screen which you get on your return to your orbiter, the one which is like a mini codex page. That is bloody annoying.

Edited by BornWithTeeth
  • Like 3

I like how syndicates are on first page so I can see them on tab instead of having to use P. However, weapons and syndicates being in one table can bee too much: player still will have to scroll, if he has too many new equipment and syndicates: there's place for 6 objects in total.

• Like 2
On 2020-08-13 at 11:49 AM, DrivaMain said:

They can’t because supporting old and new UI drains too many manpower. 

'manpower'? You mean processing power?

Which did drain more processing power, a screen that shows FOUR fully detailed warframe rendered with every energy color, details, shoulder/chest/syndanas and the likes, plus tabs that you need to interact to see the stats or just a simple, single customized orbiter cruising with simple scrolldown two-page UI that tells everything you want to see? It doesn't take that much extra processing power, even it SAVES processing power if they choose to give us the ability to switch between the two. As I already said before, the UI 'feeds' on the script that extracts the needed data from the game's engine and then put them into tables. In the new UI, they made EXTRA script to display all other things and locking the information behind clicks. If they wanted to save both processing power and manpower, it's the most logical thing to make it toggle-able so they can see which UI is more popular: the old UI already perfect as it is, and there's no need to add anything new to it, so no manpower needed.

• Like 2
On 2020-08-13 at 12:34 PM, ValinorAtani said:

Edit: Found one of my favs from feedback thread back then

Spoiler

KtJ853M.png

I have to say, despite the opacity being too much, this one looks already better, we have all the info we need in only one screen

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, (NSW)RATHURUE said:

'manpower'? You mean processing power?

Which did drain more processing power, a screen that shows FOUR fully detailed warframe rendered with every energy color, details, shoulder/chest/syndanas and the likes, plus tabs that you need to interact to see the stats or just a simple, single customized orbiter cruising with simple scrolldown two-page UI that tells everything you want to see? It doesn't take that much extra processing power, even it SAVES processing power if they choose to give us the ability to switch between the two. As I already said before, the UI 'feeds' on the script that extracts the needed data from the game's engine and then put them into tables. In the new UI, they made EXTRA script to display all other things and locking the information behind clicks. If they wanted to save both processing power and manpower, it's the most logical thing to make it toggle-able so they can see which UI is more popular: the old UI already perfect as it is, and there's no need to add anything new to it, so no manpower needed.

Yes I said MANPOWER. Not performance. DE wants to modernize the UI even if that sacrifices a little bit of performance. Warframe is a GAAS game that has to follow the modern game graphics trend. It will eventually demands more computing power than your current hardware can provide. 

Regarding manpower. The artist team cannot (probably doesn’t want to) support two different UI styles. If they can we would already have 2 UI Modes by the time the first UI update got released which is when The Sacrifice launched.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1

Requires more button pressing than before to see everything, so it's objectively less functional.

Showing Warframes would have be best been in loading screens with either the possibility to alternate between landing crafts view and Warframe display view, or make it random (I also suggested this in the past already). Putting it in the end-mission screen is a waste of screen space.

Also, all the icons are nice and everything, but a lot more space could be saved, if they were reduced. This also touches another problem of Warframe: the overly graphic menus. For example, the arsenal; it's nice to see my Warframe and all, but everything takes way too much to load at every single button press. if there was an option to switch between the current menu view and a purely textual one (or almost purely), menus would be much faster. I find myself often not using a loadout appropriate to the mission just to avoid having to wait for the load times of the menus.