The new mission endscreen is confusing and wasting space

On 2020-08-12 at 9:31 PM, nslay said:

... And I have no breakdown of kills or anything. Just 3050% accuracy.

That's because it was programmed by veterans?  And veterans don't look at kill count?  I'm nowhere near a veteran yet and I have not looked at my kills in months.

19 minutes ago, Wearbe said:

That's because it was programmed by veterans?  And veterans don't look at kill count?  I'm nowhere near a veteran yet and I have not looked at my kills in months.

Really? You don't do something like play a long solo survival and glance at your kill count of curiosity? I do look at this number more than accuracy anyway!

36 minutes ago, nslay said:

Really? You don't do something like play a long solo survival and glance at your kill count of curiosity? I do look at this number more than accuracy anyway!

Naw. Not anymore. It is always a lot of kills.  Unless a Nuke frame comes in and then it is still a lot, but not as much as if there were no Nuke frame... and since there was a Nuke frame, it isn't worth looking at.  And if I play a PUG with a ton of Newbies, it isn't worth looking at because they are newbies so, of course, the count is going to be a lot. And if I play with high level players, it isn't worth looking at because the count will be a lot, but not a crazy amount of a lot because we all got a lot. If I'm hunting for Caches it isn't worth looking at because it won't be a lot since I wasn't trying to kill stuff. If I'm playing a slow frame and someone else brings a fast frame it won't be worth looking at because I won't have any.  If I bring a fast frame and others bring slow frames it isn't worth looking at because I'll have all the kills. Plus, I rarely play survival and never play solo...  except for solo SPY missions in Sorties (because I don't have time to play the mission 15 times in a PUG).

I guess I do look when I play The Index as that is a bit more competitive, but I don't play that hardly ever anymore.

However, Accuracy is something I look at. Obviously if I'm Cache hunting and I have my Ignis Wraith for busting canisters, Accuracy is pointless, but when I take REAL weapons that I have to aim, I like to look at MY accuracy to see how well I did.

• Like 2
On 2020-08-13 at 6:49 AM, Kaotyke said:

But makes me think we will never have the animation of the Landing Craft docking in the Orbiter ever. So I get a bit bummed out.

This...

I don't need that background splash page at all.

I would much rather get some time to admire my LC in flight and then see my it dock with the orbiter (or railjack depending on retcon).

• Like 2

I'd rather it just instantly put me back on my orbiter with no load screen.  And then if I want to see results I can ESCAPE and view previous mission results.  

Yes, that's the ticket. Let's eliminate the load screen so we can spend more time just playing.

• Like 2
Just now, Luciole77 said:

Just need the button to "leave squad"

I like this. (Doubly so when host leaves and I don't click on CANCEL fast enough and have to go through the host migration.)

Make it so!

So my Djinn has a new Helstrum and it's rank 5 now. But I can't tell by how much it ranks in the mission score screen. Why not?

Spoiler

Bqr21YV.jpg

Spoiler

hVyiG0y.jpg

As you can see, "Stats" does not bring up the equipment. And "Progression" leads to the former screen which provides no information about the gear. As you can see, the triangular button makes the score screen larger (so that it covers the entire window).

On 08/12/20 at 11:31 PM, nslay said:

Screenshot example:

Reveal hidden contents

GIcXRbb.jpg

Notice that my Exergis with its 3 pellets get 3050% accuracy somehow... on a solo Survival (Sortie) mission with minimal spawns. I always knew accuracy calculation was botched/counter intuitive, but this is clearly wrong for these conditions!

EDIT: Notice that half of the score screen is wasted space. And I have no breakdown of kills or anything. Just 3050% accuracy.

EDIT2: Notice the unnecessary sorting drop down menu ('Importance' selected) and the Search bar... on a score screen that lasts less than 30 seconds without even giving you mouse/keyboard control for most of the score screen's existence in the mission.

Also notice that extraction does not involve fashion landing craft anymore! No more landing craft at extraction. I forget what it is now... I think it's just the frame is fastened into the landing craft and is then just *there* until we return to Orbiter.

EDIT3: I do like the compact display of loot though! This is far more compact than before. You probably will never need a scroll bar with this system.

The compact display of syndicates and focus will take some getting used to. But it does show more information in less space! No separate "Syndicates" tab needed. That's nice! But it otherwise doesn't make categorical sense because Focus and Syndicates are different.

It will be interesting to see how Index and ESO display mission stats.

EDIT4: There's a "+" Triangle to the right of the loot/syndicate/focus screen. Is that supposed to be a button DE? That's not a very intuitive button!

Oh I see. There's a separate "Stats" button too. Next time I play, I will try clicking it.

Keep in mind, this in-mission end-of-mission stat screen has a 30 second life time where maybe half of it denies use of our keyboard/mouse!

EDIT5: For consistency with the old UI. I would swap the loot panel with the syndicate panel. The loot list was on the left of the stat menu in the old UI.

EDIT6: For comparison, here's the old score menu!

Reveal hidden contents

8Sl3HUh.jpg

I really hope they don't put that on Switch 😧

1 minute ago, (NSW)yobroyeahyou said:

I really hope they don't put that on Switch 😧

Yeah, hopefully they don't do that to you guys. I don't even have a console or a switch I wouldn't wish that on you!

It's currently missing gear progression. You can't see how your gear progressed in a mission.

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

Yeah, hopefully they don't do that to you guys. I don't even have a console or a switch I wouldn't wish that on you!

It's currently missing gear progression. You can't see how your gear progressed in a mission.

Yeah, I pretty much live and breathe stats, lol. Not to mention I have Aspergers. (people with it have a strong tendency to HATE change from what they're used to and appreciate)

5 hours ago, nslay said:

Yeah, hopefully they don't do that to you guys.

Don't worry, they will. Someone spent a lot of time and effort ruining the end of mission screen and they're not about to let that go to waste.

7 hours ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

"As long as it has the information you don't need we'll run with it"

-DE

What information are you missing? You want to see how much better you did in terms of damage? Thats hardly relevant.

What is relevant is the information that it IS showing.

Not only the loot, but filterable loot.

Progression gained.

And yeah, Fashionframe instead of insignificant performance stats like damage percentages, pickup counts, melee kills, number of deaths, etc

The info you AREN'T seeing is the information you don't need, so your strawman is nonsense.

• Like 1

I kinda like the new stats the show at the top of the window compaired to the old. Some new stats that never showed in the old stats I had no intrest in anyway.  Who  cares about who got 350 kills and who got 400 kills   that won't make one elite and one noob or what ever ppl are messureing for.

Edited by Emolition
  • Like 2

tbh I really like the new end screen.
I only think some things are missiong from the left side(sentinel weapons exp for example) but over all it's a great improvement. 
Also it's still missing witch mission were you running - the old one missed it too, the new one also misses it.It's one line, I don't think it will be hard to add.

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 1

What I wanted out of an end-of-mission UI:

• An information feed that cut through the fluff to deliver essential information to me, namely if I unlocked new loot.
  • Minimal time taken to transition from my mission to my Orbiter.
  • Potential options to friend my teammates with one quick button press using said UI.

What we got:

• A UI that takes up the entire screen, and gives no clear indication whether the player's still transitioning from the mission or back in the Orbiter.
  • Incredibly poorly-used visual real estate that leaves huge blanks while leaving important information hard to find.
  • A jumbled mess of a loot table that has no real understanding of what counts to players as "important".

So, effectively, the new UI is arguably a downgrade from the previous one. I'd suggest redoing it entirely, but in the meantime, I think it would help if the player could customize their UI, namely:

• Choosing whether or not to have the diorama at the top, versus simply being able to see where one is (i.e. still in the mission or in the Orbiter).
  • Choosing whether to display resources and other items as part of the loot drops, and perhaps even sort by specific resources or rarity, so that the player doesn't have to have a bunch of Ferrite or Rubedo to look past each time.
  • Choosing whether to display Affinity, Focus, and/or Syndicate standing earned.
  • Choosing whether to display the random medals, e.g. the 1025% accuracy tidbits.
  • Choosing whether to display mods, resources, etc. in separate columns.
  • Like 2
On 2020-08-14 at 12:11 PM, nslay said:

I like at stuff that actually matters. Like how fast my modded weapons strip armor, my damage numbers, my radar, assessment of the battlefield etc. 

I really don't even look at the post-mission numbers except for loot attained.

• Like 3

It's okay, I don't mind the changes to much.

However I do want them to either match tile/icon size to other UI elements, like nightwave, so that UI scaling options scale both evenly or have separate UI scaling.

Also shrinking UI elements with scaling should fill in from bottom of scroll bar - not just the same number of icons shrunken to a smaller area.

Basically the Icons are far to big and trying to shrink them wrecks every other UI element.

• Like 1

I'd like an option to "pin" the thing to fill the entire screen permanently so I don't have to click it every time. Many missions have so many rewards and affinity gain that it never fits into half the screen. It's annoying. And I know what my frame looks like. I don't need to see it when I beat the mission. It's a mission result screen. Should show the results in an ordered manner. Not make it a frame parade and only half the screen with all information cramped together. I dislike the fact I now have to scroll and click stuff to be able to see rewards. Yea great I picked up ferrite, but where's my relic drop.

Also they didn't increase the total number of "experience" slots but did add the syndicates to the same stack. So now when I run a syndicate sigil, scan something with the scanner my pet and their weapon (if any) are no longer visible in this screen. They just disappear.

And the fact that I can no longer see how much focus something has built up, but it's also stacked up together is a poor choice. I like seeing how much focus a weapon or frame has generated. It gives an indication how you've played and if you want to gain more you may need to alter your playstyle. This feedback is now completely gone.

So yea the new screen just basically sucks.

Edited by RazerXPrime
  • Like 2