Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pimp My Rhino Build For Lephantis

SharkWithALaserBeam

Question

I have a very terrible build please help me. I also recently mastered rhino and have 2 formas. (A third currently in crafting). 

OLD BUILD [OUTDATED]

29ej5hv.jpg

NEW BUILD BUT STILL IMPROVING

OuiLZJN.jpg

Thanks guys, I defeated Lephantis about 4 times and luckily i got all of nekros parts (Building atm).

I still dont have focus or streamline not sure how common it is on xini. I played it for probably 35 times up to waves 15-25 each.

Still need more fusion cores to update remainder and focus and streamline whenever i get em.

------------

EDIT: added new screenshot but still need help.

Edited by SharkWithALaserBeam

17 answers to this question

First of all, add Focus to maximize the amount of damage Iron Skin can take. Second, remove Thief's Wit and Fortitude. If you're trying to solo Lephantis, Thief's Wit isn't necessary at all, and remove Fortitude because Iron Skin will prevent knockdown, and if you keep it up, shield recharge isn't necessary anyways. In their place, I would add Streamline (which increases Power Efficiency, so using Iron Skin will cost less) and Vigor.

EDIT:

Speaking of Shield Recharge, swap Fast Deflection out for Steel Fiber. The increased amount of armor (almost doubled if the mod is maxed, for over 300 armor will save your health when it needs saving.)

EDIT II:

Since you don't have Focus, get Roar. It'll help you deal more damage. I'd also recommend you buy an Energy Restore from the Market. They're extremely cheap (you only need one since they are reusable) and they're very easy to make.

Edited by Zachles

My suggestion:

Take out the followig mods:Thif's wit, fast deflection, fortitude and stretch.

Replace with: Vigor, fully ranked vitality and redirection  put in a full flow, focus and streamline. 

Use: Rifle amp aura and Roar for increse damage.

All of this with a maxed put soma and carrier sentinel for easier ammo pickup (optional cause i''m lazy) 

you'll probably will make it.

As you're running Rhino, and going on an Infested mission, you can afford to drop Fast Deflection completely and lower Redirection a little. Bring up Flow and Vitality, and if your weapon builds aren't dealing at Lephantis' DPS cap, equip Roar as well. Continuity for Stomp and Roar would be nice, too. 
You don't really need Fortitude, because of Iron Skin. 

If I am to be completely honest, you shouldn't bother with replenishing Golem navs from the Assassinate mission. Regular navs are plentiful, and Golem Navs are far from difficult to obtain.

The 'technique' of using Rhino Stomp to stun Lephantis is to wait 'til a head shows its weak point and stomp immediately. While he is slowed, you have a larger window of time to deal damage. 
This works also with Frost's Snow Globe in the second stage (place directly under). 

Redirection, yes. Vitatilty? No. Same with Fortitude. Iron Skin (which you should have on all the time) gives you 1000+ shield with anti-crowd control. Far better to have more energy. My build?

- Iron Skin, obviously.

- Rhino Stomp (see contiunity below)

- Roar (more important if you're playing with a team, a bit less if soloeing)

- Redirection OR Vitality. Only reason I'm suggesting vitatilty is to help against the poison, which shields don't help with.

- Streamline, to increase number of times you can cast Iron Skin, Roar, Rhino Stomp.

- Flow, same as above.

- Rush, because Rhino is slow

-**Continuity or Constitution (or any other duration mod you have) for one simple reason. It would increase how long enemies are in stasis, which should, theoretically, mean you could have to boss sitting there while you have yourself and your team cranking out damage at it. I have yet to try this against this particular boss, so I can't fully confirm it works, but it should work (I've tried this with Jackal, one of the larger bosses, and it works)**.

Things you shouldn't care about:

- Shields (primary concern with infested is health b/c of poison)

- Stretch (you'll be using your powers in a confined space when you're with the boss, no need to make it fill a HUGE room)

-**Focus (you aren't gonna be doing enough damage with Rhino Stomp to justify having this. As for the boost to Iron Skin, imo, it's better to just have flow and recast more often than make it last a little bit longer. Just my opinion tho)**

- Thief's Wit is unnecessary unless you're also looking for mutagen stuff.

- Fast deflection is next to useless as you'll be using Iron Skin and your primary concern is gonna be poison damage in between casting it.

Good luck!

EDIT: About the duration mods. I was mistaken when I thought they made the stasis last longer. They do NOT do that, so get rid of them and put on a Focus to affect Roar, which is also something I didn't think about >.<

Edited by michaelwii

For Lephantis, you need a pretty decent energy pool and a lot of defense. I'd suggest iron skin, roar and flow maxed out. Also, I know that this is quite tough to do, but try to take redirection to 2 from the top. This is only if you have a lot of credits to spare, since Iron skin itself absorbs a lot of damage. You might want to remove Thief's Wit, Fast Deflection and Fortitude. Then add Rhino Stomp and Roar. Lastly, go with a good long range weapon. I don't mean a sniper rifle, but a rifle with a decent fire rate, and preferably armor ignore.

so i managed to solo him and get a chassis bp. Too much time for it, but relieved i did it with the odds of my mods (i altered my mods list and upgraded them, good thing i have a huge investment in the Serration mod.)

I will try to do more Nightmare for some of the mods you guys stated, unfortunately i dont have xini unlocked at this point i would accept to be part of a small squad to help boost my farming progress of the bps, but i would be nothing more than a lagger and nuisance x.x. I'll try again for my grinding solo later

If I am to be completely honest, you shouldn't bother with replenishing Golem navs from the Assassinate mission. Regular navs are plentiful, and Golem Navs are far from difficult to obtain.

youll be surprised i find about 5-7 navs in one run. Enough to craft another assassination. But yeah i removed the mod for the time being and fixed something else in.

Also thanks for the feedback guys, i knew i was off but didnt know i was way off xD. Redesigning my rhino.

Edited by SharkWithALaserBeam

- Continuity or Constitution (or any other duration mod you have) for one simple reason. It would increase how long enemies are in stasis, which should, theoretically, mean you could have to boss sitting there while you have yourself and your team cranking out damage at it. I have yet to try this against this particular boss, so I can't fully confirm it works, but it should work (I've tried this with Jackal, one of the larger bosses, and it works).

+duration does NOT increase the stasis of Rhino Stomp. +Duration is used for Roar-spec builds.

- Stretch (you'll be using your powers in a confined space when you're with the boss, no need to make it fill a HUGE room)

- Focus (you aren't gonna be doing enough damage with Rhino Stomp to justify having this. As for the boost to Iron Skin, imo, it's better to just have flow and recast more often than make it last a little bit longer. Just my opinion tho)

- Fast deflection is next to useless as you'll be using Iron Skin and your primary concern is gonna be poison damage in between casting it.

Agree with all but Focus. It also increases the buff from Roar, and between casting Iron Skin is the only time you're vulnerable.

I use reach, simply for clearing a massive area when stomping (of all but Ancients), and it helps ensure teammates get the Roar buff.

You can also drop the Rhino Charge skill, its really lackluster and the few extra points help.

Streamline is a must IMO, and Roar is awesome, you should be using it as much as possible. Except during the Lephantis fight itself, because the dps cap is easily reached and you need to save ammo to stomp.

Redirection, yes. Vitatilty? No. Same with Fortitude. Iron Skin (which you should have on all the time) gives you 1000+ shield with anti-crowd control. Far better to have more energy. My build?

- Iron Skin, obviously.

- Rhino Stomp (see contiunity below)

- Roar (more important if you're playing with a team, a bit less if soloeing)

- Redirection OR Vitality. Only reason I'm suggesting vitatilty is to help against the poison, which shields don't help with.

- Streamline, to increase number of times you can cast Iron Skin, Roar, Rhino Stomp.

- Flow, same as above.

- Rush, because Rhino is slow

- Continuity or Constitution (or any other duration mod you have) for one simple reason. It would increase how long enemies are in stasis, which should, theoretically, mean you could have to boss sitting there while you have yourself and your team cranking out damage at it. I have yet to try this against this particular boss, so I can't fully confirm it works, but it should work (I've tried this with Jackal, one of the larger bosses, and it works).

- Focus (you aren't gonna be doing enough damage with Rhino Stomp to justify having this. As for the boost to Iron Skin, imo, it's better to just have flow and recast more often than make it last a little bit longer. Just my opinion tho)

Good luck!

Telling OP to waste mod slots on duration mods for the purpose of increasing stasis time is kinda messed up since duration doesn't affect it.

if it's for lephantis max constitution+cont. so it stays in stasis as long as possible,no need for stretch there since it's quite small room.

remove thief's with,vitality and vigor and change them for maxed iron skin constitution and continuity,that should be good for lephantis.

Telling OP to waste mod slots on duration mods for the purpose of increasing stasis time is kinda messed up since duration doesn't affect it.

Thanks for pointing that out. I always thought it worked so I've had constitution and continuity on Rhino everytime I go against a boss. It totally seems like it would affect it too...

Thanks for pointing that out. I always thought it worked so I've had constitution and continuity on Rhino everytime I go against a boss. It totally seems like it would affect it too...

Well its not a bad mod choice for keeping Roar up, and increases the length of Rhino Charge.

Also whats the technique with the rhino stomp and "stunning" Lephantis?

Simply use Rhino Stomp right before the boss opens a vulnerable area. By the time it activates the area will be open, and the boss will be moving incredibly slowly, so you've got tons of time to shoot the weakpoint.

Im trying to solo Lephantis i managed to get to phase 2 and destroy 1.5 heads down before dying to toxic DOT.

Sounds like you're running low on energy and can't keep Ironskin up. Mod for +Power Strength, +Efficiency, and +Power max to increase the longevity of Iron Skin.

Also, obviously, dont stand in the acid. Move out of the way!

edit: you could also bring along some energy/health restore items (can be crafted now in foundry). They'll help you recover from mistakes.

Edited by Darzk

Armor is useless because the only health damage you should ever take is from poison, which ignores armor.

+duration is pretty useless, only used for Roar builds for group buffing. Has no effect on IS or Stomp.

I would use Vigor and Redirection for Corpus/Grineer, Vigor and Vitality for Infested, don't need all 3

You need to add (dont know if you have them) Streamline and Focus, to increase the energy efficiency of Iron Skin.

Without them, I'd suggest ranking up Flow quite a bit more.

Edited by Darzk