Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The State of Valkyr

gabuchan

Her best ability is being given away with the Helmnith Chrysalis System. Yes, Hysteria is pretty great, but Warcry paired with Eternal War is hands down her most significant ability. That's a huge armor and attack speed boost, and it's going to be available for every other melee centric frame. With the state of the rest of her kit, I imagine Valkyr is just going to be sacrificed by a majority of the community to extract Warcry. Valkyr is my most used frame, and I never use her 3rd ability. Her 1st ability I use occasionally, but it's still pretty much a meme. If you're not running a Hysteria build, her 1st and 3rd abilities need significant changes to justify keeping Valkyr around.

While Valkyr was my main, she will soon be a thing of the past. I’ve made a rough proposal on ability changes that would make her abilities work better together without being over powered and broken especially since her 1 and 3 seem to not help her suggested play style. Most people build her for Eternal War or Hysteria for their reasons, but if you were in the Eternal War group chances are that your entertaining moving War Cry onto another frame.

Here’s the thing with that. The armor buff it gets is great, but it’s percentage based which means that some frames won’t be able to take advantage of it like Valkyr did. Sure you will get the speed boost, but that’s about it. Compared to all the other options we now have, War Cry is great, but there are so many other crazy potential builds out there now. It’s a good ability and glad we can see it on other frames.

10 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Over six years of proposing ideas, trying to bring attention to the problem and no result. DE kept killing Valk with nerfs after nerfs and now they decided to get rid of her completly by taking away THE ONLY abilty with any significance she has.

This is exactly how I feel like. It just feels like she'll be Helmnith fodder from now on. But course as a Valkyr main I'm definitely going to try to keep the dream alive lol

4 hours ago, (XB1)DarkForceLegend said:

Here’s the thing with that. The armor buff it gets is great, but it’s percentage based which means that some frames won’t be able to take advantage of it like Valkyr did. Sure you will get the speed boost, but that’s about it. Compared to all the other options we now have, War Cry is great, but there are so many other crazy potential builds out there now. It’s a good ability and glad we can see it on other frames.

Oh yes don't get me wrong, I'm pretty excited to put Warcry on other frames for sure. I'm definitely glad they picked that one instead of Rip Line. I just wish they'd give the rest of her kit more love before they give away her best ability.

The issue with Valkyr is she doesn't really do anything if you ignore Hysteria. Without her claws, she's just a Warframe that increases melee swing speed, and that's it. If that's what you want, there are other Warframes that accomplish this task, while doing more.

She should have received changes ages ago, especially due to Gauss being a thing.

29 минут назад, Yamazuki сказал:

The issue with Valkyr is she doesn't really do anything if you ignore Hysteria. Without her claws, she's just a Warframe that increases melee swing speed, and that's it. If that's what you want, there are other Warframes that accomplish this task, while doing more.

She should have received changes ages ago, especially due to Gauss being a thing.

And yet DE keep ignoring her existence and nerf her with melee reworks, reworking other frames to be straight up better..and now they murder her by with Helmith. I hope they'll see the outcry and will adress the problem by reworking her, NOT swapping subsume ability and calling it a day

Archived