Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locked out of content - "AGAIN?"

Prostreet150

I do agree it's to high and i agree that MR isn't an indicator for experience, but what can we do really?

I'm MR 16 and i will be honest, i leveled up content i didn't need just to get that MR, because i'm like you, i lvl up stuff i want in order to perform better, some players simply spend time leveling content they will never use and the results are pretty obvious, you're likely miles ahead of the many players at a vastly higher MR, you're that minority that gets things done and improves with every game, i know because i'm there aswell.

Do steel path, lvl up a few equips and get to MR15, i know it's painfull and annoying, but there isn't much you can do.

Also do not worry, you'll likely remain to be impressive gameplay wise even with the higher MR.

11 minutes ago, Prostreet150 said:

DE Rebecca posted this :

"Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth"

Why when you release new content, you force your playerbase into an never ending grind, instead of giving them enjoyment?

I've said this like 10 times and now i have to say it once more : I got over 700 hours in this game - i got all the good mods maxed - i got arcanes of my choice maxed (both frame and operator) - i got top tier rivens for my primary / secondary / melee / archgun - i got almost every Syndicate maxed including Conclave (except the RNG ones like Solaris with their Training Dept Bonds that never seem to drop for me).

"BUT" clearly for you, i am not experienced enough to participate in your new content. . .

You really think that crafting every garbage weapon / companion / frame in the game and then level it up on Hydron while being semi - AFK will give me more experience than i arleady have now? 

You said that you wanted "very experienced players" to participate in this content, but Instead of putting a Hard solo questline that need X amount of gear equipment and parkour knowledge in order to complete it, you are forcing me and so many other people into crafting and leveling up every useless junk you have, in order to gain Mastery Points and level up our accounts.

What's next MR20 + RNG in order to participate to your content? ? ?

And this "Joke" that Account Level = Skill needs to stop SOMEDAY!

I get your frustration and ofc you're allowed to be, but having an MR requirement for this system just makes sense.

First off, the idea that you cant access new content is false. Heart of Deimos is the new content and you'll have access to 100% of that like anyone else. All missions mechs and bosses. If you're trying to garner support its best not to start with a lie.

Secondly, new players absolutely, positively shouldn't have access to this. Its a system that should be earned not given. A goal to reach rather than a freebie for doing absolutely nothing. New players need to learn how to use frames as-is, not skip ahead and add a FoTM power. There's been prerequisites for "content" before in the exact same vein, "must have completed The Sacrifice Quest to access X", "MRx required to use Weapon X", this is no different and equally no where near unfair.

Thirdly, 700 hours equates to about 29 full days of play. Obviously nobody plays 24hrs straight a lot, but tbh compared to a lot of players thats not a lot. If you played 2hrs a day you'd be just around 1 year playing. Relatively you probably still have a lot to do in the game. Some of which will earn MR.

Finally, its not like this was just randomly dropped on everyone with an unachievable prerequisite. Im not one of the people close to MR30 btw. But the games been out years, its one of surprisingly very few MMOs where you can earn things that give the required MR instead of lootboxing them, and this system isn't going away. It'll still be there when you earn it.

I'm sorry that this frustrates you but tbh thats up to you. Maybe you've played too many games with no proper reasons for updates and additions that could just give away updates, but those games are usually pretty terribly written and boring as all hell. You can see this as frustrating or see it as a challenge, as a goal. Just depends on your mindset. Regardless it shouldn't change.

1 minute ago, Egdot said:

I don't understand the Problem. If you don't need anything above your actual equipment and MR , you probably don't need anything from the Helminth system. Stay and play as you like.

If you open minded for the game content and want to try out some (not all!) different gear, you will reach MR 15 very easy.

I have around 700h play time, never did MR fodder leveling but reached MR 18 just by try out what the game offers. 

Changing a mediocre abillity into a very powerfull one like Radiant Blind or Eclipse is something that anyone would like to have.

Equipment (weapons) have nothing to do with frame abillities.

Getting MR is not hard, it is just a pointless thing to do, since all you have to do is to craft the item > level it up in about 15 minutes > and then delete it.

For the sake of what?

Why is this thing even tied to account progression and not something else?

I've met people thrash talking me because my MR is only 13, but i can do more Damage in missions than them. . .

Just now, Prostreet150 said:

For the sake of what?

Nothing. DE thinks that MR is progression. Playing Warframe means to roll with it and just keep an eyebrow raised.

Perhaps you even have all the XP you need already and just didn't take the tests? You can do multiple in a row, if you have the necessary MR-XP and don't fail.

23 minutes ago, Prostreet150 said:

I just play with the weapons / frames that i like, i am not a collectionist.

Also i am not a hamster to farm what ever they put in the game : ed485d35f138d43cd045de9c41a06220.gif

Makes a post stating he/she has all the good mods/rivens/syndicates/arcanes/conclave -> posts the above stating he/she she isn't a completionist

Either you're in denial or something is very off between those 2 posts.

Experience and skill aren't the same thing. You can have all the experience in the world and still have the lowest skill level in the world. DE saying it's for experienced players while locking it to MR15 isn't poor wording. If you were to complain about inaccuracy, it would have to be the fact that there isn't much experienced up to MR15 given how easy it is to get there, and as time goes on it only gets easier.

2 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

as time goes on it only gets easier.

It doesn't get easier per se, it's more like you just start to ignore it once you don't have any MR-barriers anymore and the MR-tests just keep coming. On very high MR, it kinda takes a while too. HOWEVER, it's completely passive by that point.

Which again proves the point of MR being a bad "progression"-system overall. MR is really just a side-effect with lack of purpose.

1 minute ago, Yamazuki said:

Experience and skill aren't the same thing. You can have all the experience in the world and still have the lowest skill level in the world. DE saying it's for experienced players while locking it to MR15 isn't poor wording. If you were to complain about inaccuracy, it would have to be the fact that there isn't much experienced up to MR15 given how easy it is to get there, and as time goes on it only gets easier.

The thing is that It's not real life to say "i have the experience to untie and tie 9mm pistol, how to aim and shoot with Mortars like you learn in the army etc.".

So playing with many different guns doesn't give you more experience because this game is not a first person shooter game or MMORPG game to learn how the class the opponent has works and when to Iframe their attacks.

1 minute ago, Prostreet150 said:

OOO we got a troller here guys! ! !

Having all the good mods for your builds means that you have every single mod in the game maxed? ? ?

Go to troll somewhere else plz because my thread is serious for the future updates for the game.

They should make Solo pre questlines for some things not "level up X amount of items to be able to use the Y item".

Calling a clear fact "trolling" unfortunately wont change its validity. Or magically change it into a troll post. It remains a fact.

There are different levels of "completionists", (obviously ignoring the fact the proper word is Completist). A Completist is someone who obsessively collects something. In your case, you collected multiple ingame items/syndicate standing/mods that suited your needs. Most gamers in one way or another would be classed as a Completist, myself included. Most aren't in denial about it either though.

2 minutes ago, Prostreet150 said:

The thing is that It's not real life to say "i have the experience to untie and tie 9mm pistol, how to aim and shoot with Mortars like you learn in the army etc.".

So playing with many different guns doesn't give you more experience because this game is not a first person shooter game or MMORPG game to learn how the class the opponent has works and when to Iframe their attacks.

Stop applying actual logic. It doesn't work.

Warframe is a computer-game made by DE, and DE think progression in their game should work the way it does. With the illusion of a rank, and things locked behind the number of that rank.

I've said it before. Once you get going with leveling stuff, MR happens passively, you don't even have to aim for it.

1 hour ago, Prostreet150 said:

DE Rebecca posted this :

"Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth"

Why when you release new content, you force your playerbase into an never ending grind, instead of giving them enjoyment?

I've said this like 10 times and now i have to say it once more : I got over 700 hours in this game - i got all the good mods maxed - i got arcanes of my choice maxed (both frame and operator) - i got top tier rivens for my primary / secondary / melee / archgun - i got almost every Syndicate maxed including Conclave (except the RNG ones like Solaris with their Training Dept Bonds that never seem to drop for me).

"BUT" clearly for you, i am not experienced enough to participate in your new content. . .

You really think that crafting every garbage weapon / companion / frame in the game and then level it up on Hydron while being semi - AFK will give me more experience than i arleady have now? 

You said that you wanted "very experienced players" to participate in this content, but Instead of putting a Hard solo questline that need X amount of gear equipment and parkour knowledge in order to complete it, you are forcing me and so many other people into crafting and leveling up every useless junk you have, in order to gain Mastery Points and level up our accounts.

What's next MR20 + RNG in order to participate to your content? ? ?

And this "Joke" that Account Level = Skill needs to stop SOMEDAY!

They literally said that everything there is subject to change. Or were you too busy ranting to read that?

This complaint falls in line with the often used message of: the game wants me to do something I don't to get something I want.

Those kinds of complaints were aimed at Eidolons, Nightwave, trading, star chart progress, focus and pretty much anything the game offers.

Haha this is not a content, this is actually ok that they ask for bigger master rank to unlock something like this... But content that we are getting is new first cinematic mission and new open world with million missions for farming over and ovet again and probably new frame is going to bee part of this missions... So we are getting pretty good deals... And if you invest time in to the game then you can get master rank 15 weary fast and then you can try to unlock what ever is that you want for your frame... And i think this epic update is going to bee best that we ever got... 

27 minutes ago, Elessara1 said:

Well then ... too bad.

MR is their chosen form of progression.  It's not DE's fault if you choose to scoff at it and ignore it.

except it isnt/wasnt, its their "later/eventual" choice to introduce timegating to stop players burning through new content as quickly, its never had anything to do with a feel for progression.

F*cking hell OP, I get it you don't like using weapons just for MR but MR 15 isn't that big of a hurdle to pound you hard to tear a second hole on your rear. Honestly, you can try the weapons instead of leeching in hydron afk farming and see the hidden gem for fun or just for the meme

54 minutes ago, Ster said:

idk how did you played for 700 hours and used only 20% of the items in the game... It's a genuine question, didn't you get bored after this much time playing with the same stuff ?

Honestly, there are people who like to play a handful of weapons and not get bored because I myself often play with battacor, karak or braton (4 forma, baby)

Just now, Methanoid said:

except it isnt/wasnt, its their "later/eventual" choice to introduce timegating to stop players burning through new content as quickly, its never had anything to do with a feel for progression.

That's not exactly true. MR has always been a soft gatekeeper, but for several years DE just kept that barrier really low and didn't put any structure into it. 

2 minutes ago, RedEyedRaven said:

That's not exactly true. MR has always been a soft gatekeeper, but for several years DE just kept that barrier really low and didn't put any structure into it. 

MR only affected weapons at the start and that was it, it wasnt until ppl got bored because we finished the starmap, got all the op gear at the time, then either quit or restarted again with a mr0 then also completed the starchart and got all the op gear that they decided to introduce timegating via mr, something that has only increased over time making the game less open and friendly.

EDIT: Sorry, back then normal rhino was MR2 (much, much later got changed), so that was 1 other MR gimmick as well as weapons.

Archived