Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locked out of content - "AGAIN?"

Prostreet150

Even playing casually i got to mr12 with no hassle. Only reason i went up to 16 and then 19 was cause of riven requirements. To say 15 is too much after having 700hrs put into the game just shows youve just been ignoring all the stuff the game literally throws at you. Half of the solar map just has loot meant for progression. Even the junctions which werent a thing when i first started iirc give you mastery and blueprints for stuff to build and get points.

On top of all that, steel path also exists. So really, youre part of the reason we never got any sort of endgame content since de thought making everything accessible to everybody was a good thing

"Locked out of content again" yea right, because mr15 is such a hurdle and takes so long to get there. You still need 16 for some rivens so you might as well get there mate. If it was MR20+ then I could see some players complain.

"I'm not a collector" - then you're playing the wrong game, this game is as much of a collector game as it can get, surely you saw that in the 700 hours you have been playing it no?

For my first 400 hours i used only one frame and the exact 3 weapons over and over(was around MR7 or something). After the game started expanding i decided to try some of the other stuff because playing with exact same stuff for over 400 hours started to become really boring. And slowly before i new it i was around MR11, then for some MR locked quests or what ever i raised to 16 or so(just to make sure for future locks).

Point is that its easy for new players to sprint pass the entire system without good weapons, mods and ingame experience because there's no restrictions. Especially when you start the game with the mind set that its like every other game where you rush to the "end game", because that's where the real fun is. For you and your 700 hours it my not apply but does that mean that every other player with lower hours can say the same?

Sure MR means nothing but its the only thing we have close to a level restriction system. Also its a lock only for the new Helminth system not the full update so get over it! Either reach the MR or don't, you wont miss anything that's a MUST have. If you play the game with only the select things you like why does This bothers you???

2 minutes ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

So really, youre part of the reason we never got any sort of endgame content since de thought making everything accessible to everybody was a good thing

Posted on August 7 / 2018 :

You judged me based on what exactly? ? ?

2 minutes ago, Prostreet150 said:

Posted on August 7 / 2018 :

You judged me based on what exactly? ? ?

Stating yer locked out of content when the restriction is attainable even casually? Claiming its basically a $&*^ move by DE when i know plenty of players who just either pay to get stuff faster or will get friends to help them level? 

Or basically just igmoring again that rivens have a mr requirement too which caps at 16 and was available way before this update. 

Lol 

43 minutes ago, Prostreet150 said:

OOO we got a troller here guys! ! !

Having all the good mods for your builds means that you have every single mod in the game maxed? ? ?

Go to troll somewhere else plz because my thread is serious for the future updates for the game.

They should make Solo pre questlines for some things not "level up X amount of items to be able to use the Y item".

lol you're the troll here

For me, it's simple. I get a new weapon, i try it in one mission and it's always obvious if it's any good or a piece of garbage and whether i want to use it regardless of it being good or bad. If it's good and something i could use, then leveling it up is not a problem. If it suck one way or another, then it's an unbearable pain to level it to 30 and delete it. Would rather pay credits to just get rid of it as quickly as possible, because the weapons don't change from the first impression.

1 minute ago, (PS4)NeunDrachen said:

Stating yer locked out of content when the restriction is attainable even casually? 

Lol 

Changing the subject is easy.

I asked you a question : how did you judged me that i am the reason why DE doesn't make endgame content when "I" myself asked for endgame content 2 years ago?

Just now, Prostreet150 said:

Changing the subject is easy.

I asked you a question : how did you judged me that i am the reason why DE doesn't make endgame content when "I" myself asked for endgame content 2 years ago?

Not changing the topic m8. If you cant see how making a topic called "locked out of content again" and claiming the mr requirement is too high isnt relevant to what i said, i dunno what to tell you. 

MR was just a timegate? 

Always has been~

Show us your dedication to the sanctuary

srsly tho I can understand DE content gating the system not sure if 15 is the "right" number but that's up to DE to decide. Seems to me that most story/systems are locked at mr5 which is pretty generous. I think I personally would have started by doubling it instead of trippling the gate but that's just me. 

3 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Hurr durr content isn't content. 

Imagine typing this unironically.

Remember: cOnT3Nt ls SuBj3CtiV3.

really, some people think "I dont like it, so its not content", not that they will outright say it, but its very heavily implied.

1 hour ago, superiouz said:

You are not missing any content, Helminth system is not content, Its bandaids for frame. I mean the skills is already in the game 

hearth of deimos IS the content

I wouldn't say bandaid, more of a novelty. 

Oh yes, the salty tears of "MR doesn't matter" crowd. Pass me some cheese for that whine.

If anything, MR requirement makes more sense on Helminth than anywhere else. It actually forces you to have a certain number of frames before throwing them away.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb Methanoid:

EDIT: Sorry, back then normal rhino was MR2 (much, much later got changed), so that was 1 other MR gimmick as well as weapons.

Aw man, I remember buying the Rhino pack way back when. I think it came with a Lex and a Boar and you could actually use Rhino right away even when you didn't meet the MR requirement. That probably didn't work as intended. 😄

2 minutes ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Aw man, I remember buying the Rhino pack way back when. I think it came with a Lex and a Boar and you could actually use Rhino right away even when you didn't meet the MR requirement. That probably didn't work as intended. 😄

Pretty sure all plat purchased gear bypasses the MR gates by default. 

Myeah, MR15 isn't exactly such a high bar to clear. I'm MR19 and I still am a ways off from having all the frames (though getting there fast now because of Helminth) and I certainly haven't lvl'd all the crappy MR fodder. There are about 50 weapons ready to be claimed in my foundry that I still have not come around to leveling 😉

Seriously, MR13->MR15 will be done in the blink of an eye, especially if you want to make use of the Helminth content anyway.

1 hour ago, Prostreet150 said:

You really think that crafting every garbage weapon / companion / frame in the game and then level it up on Hydron while being semi - AFK will give me more experience than i arleady have now? 

Yes, because you can't say a weapon/frame is garbage without even trying to build it or mod it. In the better option you just saw a video and said "I don't like that" and that kind of narrowmind does not let experience you many possibilities within the game, making you, in practice, not experienced.

I don't say that you need to cap the Mastery Rank, but being lower than mr 15 sure states that you have not explored a very large part of the content available, and this could means that you potentially lack proper tools to approach in a safe way this particular content.

See this as a chance to fight your laziness and extend your horizont, there are lot of other frames and weapons out there which deserves at least to be tried, give them a chance.

1 hour ago, Prostreet150 said:

OOO we got a troller here guys! ! !

Having all the good mods for your builds means that you have every single mod in the game maxed? ? ?

Go to troll somewhere else plz because my thread is serious for the future updates for the game.

They should make Solo pre questlines for some things not "level up X amount of items to be able to use the Y item".

How is pointing out inconsistencies trolling? People only get that type of defensive when they're wrong and want to steer the discussion away from it

I'd say it makes sense here because you need to have experience with all the frames and their abilities. Mr15 is just ~560k xp. And you should be at MR14 already because its needed for many weapons. But I agree that Mastery is a badly designed archaic system.

On the Fortuna progress note - DE should certainly rework it, increase or remove daily caps for early ranks, fix that bonds roadblock and make Vox solaris accessible earlier. DE shot themselves in the foot with locking out this much content - bosses, frames - so much effort put into it and most players never get to it.

2 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

I just play with the weapons / frames that i like, i am not a collectionist.

Also i am not a hamster to farm what ever they put in the game : ed485d35f138d43cd045de9c41a06220.gif

There is an absolute ton of mastery giving content in this game. How you play for a long time and feel like MR15 is such a chore? Even if you sample only a fraction of the content getting there is pretty easy... I don't really try things I don't like, and I'm almost MR18. Do you just play one or two frames and "main them" and not try new ones? Do you not try new weapons and just stick to the same ones since forever? 

Archived