Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locked out of content - "AGAIN?"

Prostreet150

6 hours ago, RedEyedRaven said:

I believe you have played the game long enough that you should have realized by now that 'get all the gear and level it to 30' is exactly what DE think progression should be like.

After I've reached MR 8 (back when the Nikana and Dragon Nikana were added), I ignored the MR-tests for a while, too. Because for quite some time, there was literally nothing that required higher MR.

Then I just took the tests I ignored, and went from MR 8 to MR 14 in less than an hour.

From that point on, I just kept going. Being MR 28 now is a side-effect, it was never a "goal". MR being meaningful is an illusion, which just proves my point that as a progression-system, it really isn't all that good.

I call this bullS#&$, you can lvl up one rank/24h...
also you are rank 13

JEASUS HOLY COW, WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY???? THIS IS COMMUNISM NAZI OMFG

imagine a MMO locking certain content behind a rank up system suck as LEVEL or RANK?!?!?!?!?!

imagine the AUDACITY of a gaming company to lock an end game content behind a system which generally separates new players from more experienced ones?!?!?!?!

no on in the history of the gaming industry has done that

imagine WoW locking raids behind some kind of level or gear progression?!?!?!

this is terrible and we must unite against such terrible unheard ideas

there is no difference in game experience and knowledge between a MR 2 and a MR 28, they are the same and they should have access to the same content

2 minutes ago, PsychoticRebelFury said:

I call this bullS#&$, you can lvl up one rank/24h...

Yeah, but MR points keep carrying over invisibly even if you are stuck behind the time wall for the next mastery rank. 

Likely this is what he meant. And considering how small the gap between MR8 and MR14 is, I could believe with efficient grinding he could knock out the points pretty fast (although he may still be exaggerating with "in an hour", presumably in a hard days play it would be possible), then he would just be stuck waiting the tests out for a week or so. 

hace 6 horas, Prostreet150 dijo:

DE Rebecca posted this :

"Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth"

Why when you release new content, you force your playerbase into an never ending grind, instead of giving them enjoyment?

I've said this like 10 times and now i have to say it once more : I got over 700 hours in this game - i got all the good mods maxed - i got arcanes of my choice maxed (both frame and operator) - i got top tier rivens for my primary / secondary / melee / archgun - i got almost every Syndicate maxed including Conclave (except the RNG ones like Solaris with their Training Dept Bonds that never seem to drop for me).

"BUT" clearly for you, i am not experienced enough to participate in your new content. . .

You really think that crafting every garbage weapon / companion / frame in the game and then level it up on Hydron while being semi - AFK will give me more experience than i arleady have now? 

You said that you wanted "very experienced players" to participate in this content, but Instead of putting a Hard solo questline that need X amount of gear equipment and parkour knowledge in order to complete it, you are forcing me and so many other people into crafting and leveling up every useless junk you have, in order to gain Mastery Points and level up our accounts.

What's next MR20 + RNG in order to participate to your content? ? ?

And this "Joke" that Account Level = Skill needs to stop SOMEDAY!

700 hours without achieving mr15?

2 minutes ago, Lenti said:

imagine a MMO locking certain content behind a rank up system suck as LEVEL or RANK?!?!?!?!?!

imagine the AUDACITY of a gaming company to lock an end game content behind a system which generally separates new players from more experienced ones?!?!?!?!

there is no difference in game experience and knowledge between a MR 2 and a MR 28, they are the same and they should have access to the same content

Holy crap! How could they ever do that ! XD

2 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah, but MR points keep carrying over invisibly even if you are stuck behind the time wall for the next mastery rank. 

Likely this is what he meant. And considering how small the gap between MR8 and MR14 is, I could believe with efficient grinding he could knock out the points pretty fast (although he may still be exaggerating with "in an hour", presumably in a hard days play it would be possible), then he would just be stuck waiting the tests out for a week or so. 

exacly what i meant. sorry for being a bit vulgar tho

9 minutes ago, Lenti said:

WoW raids are not a good example in this case, with their forced group content.

It's something that's actually locked out of a sizeable part of their playerbase, since a lot of gamers, especially in the WoW playerbase are not social.

Unlike this case about mastery ranks, locking raid content behind groupchecks is unironically an elitistic, 'nazi' thing to do, lol.

Getting to MR15 is somewhat easy. My alt PC account is MR20 and I haven't worked particularly hard on it, reaching MR15 can definitively be attained in weeks if not days if you will yourself to it (plus it has other benefits including access to more weapons, more rivens, higher rep capacity, getting more capacity when modding an unleveled frame, more trades per day, more loadout slots, etc).

And it makes sense to put a MR lock on this feature. For one, it's an endgame customisation feature designed for veterans that have tons of ressources to feed into a gaping mouth in your ship and that are willing to farm / sacrifice second copies of every frames they own.. It's obviously not designed for new players just starting, who are better off speding said ressources crafting new frames and weapons anyway, instead of sacrificing them to min-max their endgame loadouts. Besides. one could say it would denaturate the gameplay if new players could immediately go in and start modifiying their frames with op abilities from such a system right from the start, without even taking the time to test drive the frames as they are. Build all your frames, learn what each abilities do, then you can start thinking about feeding them to the helminth.

Simple solution, make weapons, level up, scrap, repeat. Went from MR15 to almost MR19 juat by leveling up all the guns that were sitting at 0. How long it took me? 3 days, without the double xp event. 

The MR system has its role, you cant just jump and start slapping all sorts of abilities without using them first handed. Maybe you hate adding lull on a warframe and you play better with roar and so on. In 700 hours you have enough resources to basically propel yourself to MR20 in no time.

I have a lot of guns building right now but i dont jump straight to mr20+. Just because i want to understand how everything works and synergizes. 

More enough is a counter measure to prevent newer players getting more confused than they already are. 

I mean even I managed to rank to 18, and I was stuck behind one test until they released Titania, which took years.

I usually stand against gatekeepers and anything that smacks of elitism.

But at some point if you want to play the game, you will actually have to play the game.

1 hour ago, Letter13 said:

Moreover, if a player is too new, they may accidentally wind up sacrificing a warframe without really meaning to; they may see a weird new room and see the option to extract a skill from a warframe to customize other frames and do it hastily.

Even if they see that the option will DESTROY the Warframe.

It will happen.

I have a sneaking suspicion that there are some players who couldn't be bothered to pass a certain MR test (MR9 seems most likely to me) possibly even as a matter of principle and are now very salty about their decisions.

Edit - That doesn't appear to be the case for OP though. OP just hasn't leveled a ton of warframes, weapons, and companions and appears to have avoided the open world stuff and most dojo research.

38 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Could you imagine all the threads in php if really low MR players had access to the system?

"I fedded my Mag to the Audrey II thing, how do I get it back???!!!"

Thats been proven with "I accidentally created a lich, how can I get rid off it" the lich system should have a high MR as well.

1 hour ago, Lenti said:

Sarcasm? Or Been hiding under a rock? Almost every game with rpg has content locked behind a leveling/progression system.

I was the same way. Had gear and frames that I liked was MR 7 at 1k hours. I did raids at MR 7 and got questioned every game. Just happy my profile showed I was the most experienced player at a point. I get it. 

At some point I just started to build it all and leave it in my foundry. With 700 hours you can build about everything. It’s a pain but buy all the blue prints in the store. Build everything and try to use the guns that are pieces in other equipment. If you just run relics with new gear you should be just a little behind on damage but not so much as you can do the job.

then just open some relics get MR and done.

11 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

may i ask if is there a known bug like:
#1 Can't join other persons lobby, that same person can't join my lobby. while i can join random public missions.
#2 Cam't seeenemies, can't pick up resources, can't proceed with mission. 

Ty in advance for any help

There's a valid concern here, not everyone plays for MR and I've seen people try out weapons and noticing within a few levels that they just didn't like the feel of it. And at lower MR, lugging around an unfun weapon is a major chore since it has no mods in it (while I can, sitting at MR21 these days, slot in few essential mods immediately). Furthermore, some people are strapped for Warframe slots, so they're very selective how many frames they build (or just leave in the Foundry) - and MR is certainly a way DE uses to gently encourage people to pony up plat for more slots.

On the other hand, it absolutely is a sufficiently advanced system that requires significant investment - and shouldn't come until people have had time to actually play quite a few frames to understand synergies and balance. Personally, I'd argue that it should be at least MR 9 as MR 8 is required to have access to all prime warframes.

MR 15 feels needlessly high, maybe 10-12 or so would be the sweet spot. Means you had the opportunity to access any frame and then spent at least some time levelling/trying them out.

Archived