Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locked out of content - "AGAIN?"

Prostreet150

39 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I think much of the time mastery locks seem kind of like they just picked a line randomly somewhere to put something behind, but in this case it feels right. 

If I am not mistaken, the aim is really to lock it except for people who are likely to have already acquired and ranked up all or at least most of the available frames. 

The idea is that you should have some experience even if just mostly passively leveling with all or most frames before you start yeeting them into a blender for spare parts. 

In this particular case, the mastery lock makes perfect sense, and I expect the number MR15 was coldly calculated specifically from player stats to mostly allow the players who actually have a strong cross section of frame experience already. 

And probably to provide a bit of motivation for those who haven't yet gotten there. 

Nobody is being locked out, as the OP claims. Everyone can get to that point and the OP'S reticence to rank up, after all of this time in game, is unusual in and of itself. 

On 2020-08-13 at 6:20 AM, Prostreet150 said:

DE Rebecca posted this :

"Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth"

Why when you release new content, you force your playerbase into an never ending grind, instead of giving them enjoyment?

I've said this like 10 times and now i have to say it once more : I got over 700 hours in this game - i got all the good mods maxed - i got arcanes of my choice maxed (both frame and operator) - i got top tier rivens for my primary / secondary / melee / archgun - i got almost every Syndicate maxed including Conclave (except the RNG ones like Solaris with their Training Dept Bonds that never seem to drop for me).

"BUT" clearly for you, i am not experienced enough to participate in your new content. . .

You really think that crafting every garbage weapon / companion / frame in the game and then level it up on Hydron while being semi - AFK will give me more experience than i arleady have now? 

You said that you wanted "very experienced players" to participate in this content, but Instead of putting a Hard solo questline that need X amount of gear equipment and parkour knowledge in order to complete it, you are forcing me and so many other people into crafting and leveling up every useless junk you have, in order to gain Mastery Points and level up our accounts.

What's next MR20 + RNG in order to participate to your content? ? ?

And this "Joke" that Account Level = Skill needs to stop SOMEDAY!

Dude, you can get to MR15 in a blink. Relax and get it done for the update. 

I mean Warframe is a game about collecting things and you dont want to do that. Are you trolling now? MR15 is not even high, you needed it for weapons and rivens before anyway. Nobody cares how you like to play. The enitire goal of WF is to get everything, your choices wont change that. You may also like throwing legos across the lake but thats not what they were made for.

1 hour ago, Samhel said:

You ARE as noob and salty as a noob can be. Ranting on the forums, because of progression that you need to make, trying to prove that you're not a noob while calling others with high level builds and gears a noob to look better in the eyes of some forum readers, puting words in others mouths, you're a narc and a noob, that's what you are...

And yes you have done a lot already, but what about sorties, steel path, arbitrations, eidolons (which I don't like despite being MR27), orb fights, trying out all the frames in the game?

And yes skins are also content no matter what you consider them to be and yes we need those builds that you've shown in arbis or the steel path for example, and yes we aren't noobs because we can access those high level missions and stay in them for grinding purposes or just because it's fun, you're just too salty to accept that you are still a low level player. 

No...skins are not content, that's right there is plain wrong, and kinda dumb.

On 2020-08-13 at 6:20 AM, Prostreet150 said:

You really think that crafting every garbage weapon / companion / frame in the game and then level it up on Hydron while being semi - AFK will give me more experience than i arleady have now? 

No it won't, and since this thread is a little heated, let me preface this with I'm not here to start an argument with you. But have you considered just collecting those things and playing the game normally? Not everyone uses Hydron to fast level "garbage". Part of the fun for me was starting my own clan, gathering all the resources, building everything, leveling everything, even the stuff that sort of sucked through normal gameplay while going through the mountain of content we have available. To me that's how you learn the game, not going for the meta equipment and calling it a day. Seems to me like you're trying to sprint in a marathon. 

At 700 hours I personally felt like I had barely even scratched the surface of this game. To me, the Helminth system isn't something that's necessary to have until later on for players anyways, there's so much other content and I see it just as something else to do when you've already done everything else and you want to play around with ridiculous build synergies. If you want it that bad, just suck it up and level up. It will take you less time than you think. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Yes you have to play by them because this is DEs game and you take it or leave it but that isn’t an excuse to be the borg and mindlessly agree to everything they do because it’s their game. No ones forcing DE to do anything but people voice their views when something is right or wrong. 

Right or wrong? This thread is polarized. And stop trying to insult people because you're not getting your way. 

If you don't play or level anything in this game you don't like, why do you even care about a system for getting rid of extra frames you don't have? Also if my friend who only has 200 hours in game can be mr15 without ever power leveling anything (because he thinks that's boring), then you can hit it before the update come out. I'm actually shocked a mod hasn't locked this tread yet.

5 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

I arleady finished all the story quests (content) - maxed almost all the Syndicates including Conclave (content) - actually bothered with Archwings (when other people don't even bother with Archwings) (content) - maxed my K - Drive (when other people don't even have a K - Drive because Archwings are way faster) (content).

Pretty much i have tried everything in game exept Railjack and the Profit Taker in Fortuna because Gravimag is locked behind RNG Syndicate.

New weapons and frames are not content, PoE is content - Archwing is content - K - Drive is content - Fortuna is content - Railjack is content, you must be one of these players that think new skins = content.

You are very far from leveling every warframe (including a ton of basic and quest frames) in the game. There are a ton of frames you've probably haven't even built. Warframes are content because they change how you interact with the game. While there's nothing wrong with avoiding MR fodder weapons, it not's really fair to say you've "pretty much tried everything" when there are a bunch of frames you've never tried and likely have not farmed. I don't see any problem with a player being locked out of the Helminth system who hasn't farmed and leveled a bunch of the frames in the game.

Actually i've just checked my Codex and it says that i leveled up 93 weapons / 20 frames / 4 companions.  Let's be real now, in 93 weapons of course and you will find out what you like most in each type (rifle / shotgun / sniper / pistol / laser etc.) and when you get bored of something you change it to something else. I don't know about you guys but for me 93 weapons are quite a lot to decide what to main and what to throw away.

But yes hitting MR 15 is not hard and i never said that it was hard, but it is nothing more than waste of time.

31 minutes ago, Prostreet150 said:

Actually i've just checked my Codex and it says that i leveled up 93 weapons / 20 frames / 4 companions.  Let's be real now, in 93 weapons of course and you will find out what you like most in each type (rifle / shotgun / sniper / pistol / laser etc.) and when you get bored of something you change it to something else. I don't know about you guys but for me 93 weapons are quite a lot to decide what to main and what to throw away.

But yes hitting MR 15 is not hard and i never said that it was hard, but it is nothing more than waste of time.

Here is the thing. I'm not saying MR is a great system for progression (it's really not). 

But... you have been playing the game for a lot of hours, enough to obviously be considered a veteran... and you know how the game works, and you still play. You have seen mastery rank become more, not less, relevant over the years, and knowing that, you choose to continue playing and progressing intentionally at a snails pace or not at all. 

This is your right as a gamer! You have a right to play however you want. But you also cannot be upset with the developers for doing what they want, when they have been obviously increasing the importance of being higher mastery rank steadily for years now, and giving you plenty of increasing warning over the years that mastery is going to continue to become more important. 

In other words, it may not be the best system for leveling, but you are playing a game knowing how the leveling system works, refusing to take part in said system because you don't like it, and then not liking it when the developers tie things to that leveling system that you chose to ignore. 

TL;DR: You have a right to not use the progression system if you don't like it. And DE has every right to continue to use it as a progression system, especially when they have given us fair warning many times over the years that it will continue to become more important for unlocking various things, by doing just that a little bit at a time, over time, very consistently. 

23 minutes ago, Skynat said:

В игре все меньше и меньше контента для новичков. Играю с 2015 года и очень расстроен тем, что у меня не будет доступа к новому контенту.

FIxwbV3eTpw.jpgTkIqUmGJzT4.jpgwGVgKZz7qSQ.jpgOtY4VO5BayU.jpgOLZNnR85f80.jpg

And you still unable to pass the first Mastery test, you have my sympathy.

Wow, that's some dedication. I kinda understand the desire to maintain Mr Zero especially if you held it for 5 years.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but what's genuinely stopping you from ranking up your Mr? With so much being ultimately gated by Mr, what's stopping you from biting the bullet? You have the Mastery points on idle, why not progress to reach further content?

25 minutes ago, Skynat said:

В игре все меньше и меньше контента для новичков. Играю с 2015 года и очень расстроен тем, что у меня не будет доступа к новому контенту.

FIxwbV3eTpw.jpgTkIqUmGJzT4.jpgwGVgKZz7qSQ.jpgOtY4VO5BayU.jpgOLZNnR85f80.jpg

This is both completely mad and somehow beautiful and poetic at the same time I really don't know what to say. 

I like to surprise people 😃

1 час назад, (XB1)DeathwishDragon сказал:

Wow, that's some dedication. I kinda understand the desire to maintain Mr Zero especially if you held it for 5 years.

Not trying to be disrespectful, but what's genuinely stopping you from ranking up your Mr? With so much being ultimately gated by Mr, what's stopping you from biting the bullet? You have the Mastery points on idle, why not progress to reach further content?

Archived