Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locked out of content - "AGAIN?"

Prostreet150

I saw quite a few comments on the new workshop about the MR15 limit, and honestly I don't get why everyone is so up-in-arms.

Getting MR15 is incredibly easy. When I started playing around May, 2018 I dropped a few dollars on a starter pack and got to grinding. The plat helped me get a few more slots to start with and the boosters really sped things up. No lie: I got MR15 in my first 15 days, after that things slowed down. To be fair, I did "no-life" it during those 2 weeks, but I wanted to get some mastery locked prime stuff before it got vaulted, and I wanted to prove I was a mad lad to the friends that introduced me to warframe. If you have 700 hours worth of experience and resources, plus 2 years of additional MR fodder to work with, getting your mastery rank up to 15 should be trivial - even without an affinity booster. The worst part is really the MR tests, but most of the early ones were easy. Just practice a couple times before you try to qualify.

Also, weapons are locked behind MR as high as 15, and Rivens can be as high as MR 16 I think. I don't know why you wouldn't try to get atleast that far. The extra standing is super nice too.

Honestly I wouldn't put a MR requirement, but would setup a warning system saying LOOK SON, YOU ARE GOING TO LOSE THIS WARFRAME YOU ARE ABOUT TO SACRIFICE. THE RESULTS MIGHT NOT BE ON YOUR LIKING. BE CAREFUL OK?

Let everyone enjoy the customization playground.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

No...skins are not content, that's right there is plain wrong, and kinda dumb.

Ehh, "content" is a subjective topic. I have a friend who only gets on warframe to do captura. He loves all the tennogen drops and such. For him, skins are content. Anything someone will value is content, so it's crucial to specify what kind of content you're discussing.

10 minutes ago, Skynat said:

There used to be fewer restrictions  😟

I hate it for you to ruin your streak, but perhaps the Helmith system is worth losing that record? Perhaps you can create a new account to try out the helminth system first to see if you want it on your main account. I'm not gonna pretend to know how you feel, but it seems like a ton of fun to play around with.

On 2020-08-13 at 6:20 AM, Prostreet150 said:

DE Rebecca posted this :

"Who is this for?
We consider this a customization system for very experienced Warframe players (Mastery Rank 15 Prerequisite). We do not intend to let newer players unlock this system. We intentionally placed the Segment deep into progression to ensure only experienced players could access the Segment and begin their journey with Helminth"

Why when you release new content, you force your playerbase into an never ending grind, instead of giving them enjoyment?

I've said this like 10 times and now i have to say it once more : I got over 700 hours in this game - i got all the good mods maxed - i got arcanes of my choice maxed (both frame and operator) - i got top tier rivens for my primary / secondary / melee / archgun - i got almost every Syndicate maxed including Conclave (except the RNG ones like Solaris with their Training Dept Bonds that never seem to drop for me).

"BUT" clearly for you, i am not experienced enough to participate in your new content. . .

You really think that crafting every garbage weapon / companion / frame in the game and then level it up on Hydron while being semi - AFK will give me more experience than i arleady have now? 

You said that you wanted "very experienced players" to participate in this content, but Instead of putting a Hard solo questline that need X amount of gear equipment and parkour knowledge in order to complete it, you are forcing me and so many other people into crafting and leveling up every useless junk you have, in order to gain Mastery Points and level up our accounts.

What's next MR20 + RNG in order to participate to your content? ? ?

And this "Joke" that Account Level = Skill needs to stop SOMEDAY!

How do you have 700 hours and not hit MR 15? Getting to 15 is a joke,

13 hours ago, Prostreet150 said:

Yes man, i am a complete noob because i do not semi - AFK in Hydron with different weapons. . ."BUT" i went in Hydron to 7 forma my Cycron ROFL. Some people are making me laugh in these forums.

I arleady finished all the story quests (content) - maxed almost all the Syndicates including Conclave (content) - actually bothered with Archwings (when other people don't even bother with Archwings) (content) - maxed my K - Drive (when other people don't even have a K - Drive because Archwings are way faster) (content).

Pretty much i have tried everything in game exept Railjack and the Profit Taker in Fortuna because Gravimag is locked behind RNG Syndicate.

New weapons and frames are not content, PoE is content - Archwing is content - K - Drive is content - Fortuna is content - Railjack is content, you must be one of these players that think new skins = content.

Only a Noob have this kind of equipment on stuff that is not even mandatory for the most part of the game :

https://ibb.co/bJFPKnX

https://ibb.co/1MRNQZm

https://ibb.co/x7p7mYN

https://ibb.co/6gvzvHv

If you've done all that surely you don't even have to grind further to get to MR15, just do the tests (which are easy for the most part). Hell I'm MR20+ and haven't grinded MR ever, it just comes naturally. Also it's hard to think you've done all the grinding required to max out the above and never been bored by it, but even if that's true... suck it up. You've been lucky none of the other WF systems bored you to date. 

And if you don't like how they structure the game, find another game. There's a few out there. 

I just find it funny how a massive time gate is so thoroughly defended. 

It's meant purely so people have to buy/grind frames, weapons and all that other nonsense in order to play content. Prime weapons and frames are separate from their non-prime versions in terms of mastery. 

And then the community comes up with some nonsense thinking that other players 'deserve' to have their time/money wasted too to get this content. 

Mastery rank should be scrapped as far as I'm concerned. I'm not going to be the one that stops other people from playing the game the way they want to play. Unlike seemingly a huge portion of the community.

Open your eyes it only exists for money and they twist it to make you think it's some benefit to the community. 

1 minute ago, ArachnidOverlord said:

It's meant purely so people have to buy/grind frames, weapons and all that other nonsense in order to play content.

Last time I checked your not forced to buy any of the things listed. If you cant put in the time to farm for those frames and weapons.....well that's more of a "you" problem. 

I mean you can buy them if you want but that's kinda your choice right? It's not like your paying for every update either. 

And if your not at the required MR? Well I guess you gotta start using more things. 

I have no problem with the MR15 requirement. It's really not that difficult to get done. Considering the data shows that the majority of players are between MR10-12, then I think it's more then appropriate as this content isnt meant for new players. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cram Duahcim said:

Last time I checked your not forced to buy any of the things listed. If you cant put in the time to farm for those frames and weapons.....well that's more of a "you" problem. 

I mean you can buy them if you want but that's kinda your choice right? It's not like your paying for every update either. 

And if your not at the required MR? Well I guess you gotta start using more things. 

I have no problem with the MR15 requirement. It's really not that difficult to get done. Considering the data shows that the majority of players are between MR10-12, then I think it's more then appropriate as this content isnt meant for new players. 

I'm much higher then the requirement I just think it's a stupid system. So no it's not a "me" problem. 

But time and money go hand in hand, you need to sacrifice one to get the other.

And yes, we're all paying for the updates. Unless you consider your time/money worthless. This is how the game works and you can't deny that.
It is either grind your precious seconds away here or pay with your seconds from your job.

There are plenty of people who can pay neither their time or money but I suppose that's more of a problem with the nature of the system. 

I'm glad you believe your time spent on this game was worth it, because you'll never get it back.

2 minutes ago, ArachnidOverlord said:

I'm much higher then the requirement I just think it's a stupid system. So no it's not a "me" problem. 

And yes, we're all paying for the updates. Unless you consider your time/money worthless. This is how the game works and you can't deny that.
It is either grind your precious seconds away here or pay with your seconds from your job.

There are plenty of people who can pay neither their time or money but I suppose that's more of a problem with the nature of the system. 

I'm glad you believe your time spent on this game was worth it, because you'll never get it back.

Still dosent change the fact that warframes or weapons Prime or Not Primed have zero cost to access. If theres a cost being spent its your own choice to. If theres a cost involved its because YOU chose it to be. So that's exactly what I'd like to call a "you" problem. You chose to buy it vs farming it. Nothing forced you to make that choice right? 

Considering its also pretty easy to make platinum...you can literally play this game without spending a single dollar. I have multiple friends who have done this. Only time DE has actually gotten money from them? When we went to Tennocon at which point: it's mostly gone to charity anyways. 

I'm very happy with my time spent thank you very much. I guess if your not it still begs to ask: why are you still here? Because if you think it's a waste of time then why are you continuously wasting it? 

1 hour ago, ArachnidOverlord said:

It's meant purely so people have to buy/grind frames, weapons and all that other nonsense in order to play content. Prime weapons and frames are separate from their non-prime versions in terms of mastery. 

Which can mean that every Warframe with a Prime variant is worth twice the Mastery points.  Once for the standard version, and again for the Prime.  Even if you're just standing in Hydron to max out and then instantly deleting, most of the standard frames aren't *that* hard to get.  And without using Hydron at all, or even an "efficient XP farm," I can level up a new frame in a couple of nights just wandering through the Derelicts and smacking the Infested around.

There's lots of systems in this game I really don't like.  (Invulnerablilty to everything, nullifiers everywhere, the Orbs and Eidolon boss fights...)  But even by my "I don't like anything" standards, the MR 15 lock is kind of not that big a deal.

1 hour ago, Bingotough said:

If you've done all that surely you don't even have to grind further to get to MR15, just do the tests (which are easy for the most part). Hell I'm MR20+ and haven't grinded MR ever, it just comes naturally. Also it's hard to think you've done all the grinding required to max out the above and never been bored by it, but even if that's true... suck it up. You've been lucky none of the other WF systems bored you to date. 

And if you don't like how they structure the game, find another game. There's a few out there. 

OP posted a screenshot that showed them to be most of the way to MR 14 at the time it was taken. Makes the whole rant particularly ridiculous. 

I'd guess it's probably due to the good old "I watched a lot of YouTube videos, and I like how edgy they sound" thing we get so much of in here. 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb ArachnidOverlord:

Honestly, there is only one actual solution for people who think their time spent on this game isn't worth it, and that's for them to go away and stop playing a game they don't like to play.

I think the existence of MR locks is good for new players, not because I'm a MR elitist who thinks that MR is an indicator of skill, but because it prevents the newbies be overwhelmed with content that they probably won't understand. In this way players would focus in more important things like completing the start chart or doing the quests.

The entitlement is real.

"I demand both the right to ignore 80% of the game without any negative consequences and also easy access to all the stuff I choose without any requirement that would discomfort me."

For players like the OP, I want cool, non-cosmetic stuff locked behind things like progression in codex scans or kurias.  

19 hours ago, (PS4)goonie4good said:

No it won't, and since this thread is a little heated, let me preface this with I'm not here to start an argument with you. But have you considered just collecting those things and playing the game normally? Not everyone uses Hydron to fast level "garbage". Part of the fun for me was starting my own clan, gathering all the resources, building everything, leveling everything, even the stuff that sort of sucked through normal gameplay while going through the mountain of content we have available. To me that's how you learn the game, not going for the meta equipment and calling it a day. Seems to me like you're trying to sprint in a marathon. 

At 700 hours I personally felt like I had barely even scratched the surface of this game. To me, the Helminth system isn't something that's necessary to have until later on for players anyways, there's so much other content and I see it just as something else to do when you've already done everything else and you want to play around with ridiculous build synergies. If you want it that bad, just suck it up and level up. It will take you less time than you think. 

Yooooo, THIS. This right here. Just because Hydron is the most efficient way to level weapons doesn’t mean you have to do it that way. I got to MR17 barely even touching Hydron. I’ll go to Helene if I need to farm orokin cells, but mostly I just play the game normally and level weapons through invasions, cracking relics, etc. Of course it’s slower but I’m accomplishing other things at the same time so it feels worthwhile. I only bring out maxed ranked equipment for missions that need it, anything else I’m leveling something.

Edit: I lied a little. If I get an affinity booster through login rewards or something then I will go to Hydron or Helene and power level stuff so not to waste the booster. Other than that my point stands.

You guys dont get why OP up in arms do you?

There are plenty of players who don't have times to play this game everyday. There are those who also have to works, there are those who also plays other games as well, there are those who want to get back in to the game but they heard about new exciting system only to can't play it since they aren't MR 15.

I'm one of those player, i'm one of the casual players, my account is 3-4 years old and i'm only MR 11. I played on and off throughout the years only on weekends, i played other games too and my time was better spent on playing warframe with my friends rather than bored myself with grinding to high MR before this.

DE never gave us incentive to attain high MR, and before you said that there is MR lock with some weapons at 12-15, let me tell you, i have opticor before it was moved to high MR, i have venka prime before it was moved to MR 14, I Nikana Prime before it was moved to MR 12/13, I have Vectis Prime as well. I can hunt an eidolon solo with chroma with vectis prime a year or two backs even though i'm only MR 11. I can even still use my Venka Prime and exergise for my SP run.

Now though, they suddenly gated the new exciting thing on High MR, just because? Even claiming that MR determined whether you are an experience player or not. Ask the same question to all veterans in this game, who have 5-8 years old account and tell me what most of their answer will be.

The thing that make us up in arms with this is, that the helminth system is going to change the whole meta of the game, not only just one weapons but the whole things with freely given roar and eclipse. Now, tell me if that isn't going to be the case? Tell me which one would you prefer in your PUG, an original saryn (primed/not) or a helminth saryn with roar that can nuke the whole rooms in high level content? If you still don't get it, just imagine if the whole melee 3.0 is gated behind MR 15 and what the reaction would be? and please put in mind, that the any helminth frames have no content access restriction which mean that anyone can use it on any given content, which in turn will the original version of frames (primed/not) behind, since they will be miles away better than the original one.

One more thing, just few days after tennocon i rewards DE with buying 1k plate as they came up with a new exciting system (i've done this before when they release plain of eidolons) only to found myself a week later by DE that i can't play the new exciting system because i don't have the S#&$ requirement that they put it behind.

What i'm saying is, that they shouldn't put a system that going to change how warframes going to be behind high MR requirement when there are plenty other ways to do it, if they want to make this content for an experience players. Why not they lower the MR requirement a notch or two while they can only sacrifice a frame that reach rank 30, and/or make it more resource hungry. That way, the new players couldn't access it anyway. Why should they locked it behind high MR without a good reason while claiming that this system only for "experienced player"? Heck, i bet that no newer players can't use the system fully without they are being resource rich anyway, since DE already said that it have diminishing return of resource anyway.

9 hours ago, EmberStar said:

Which can mean that every Warframe with a Prime variant is worth twice the Mastery points.  Once for the standard version, and again for the Prime.  Even if you're just standing in Hydron to max out and then instantly deleting, most of the standard frames aren't *that* hard to get.  And without using Hydron at all, or even an "efficient XP farm," I can level up a new frame in a couple of nights just wandering through the Derelicts and smacking the Infested around.

There's lots of systems in this game I really don't like.  (Invulnerablilty to everything, nullifiers everywhere, the Orbs and Eidolon boss fights...)  But even by my "I don't like anything" standards, the MR 15 lock is kind of not that big a deal.

Its an old opinion the MR mean just ranking frames and equipment. Getting mastery points is a "means to a end". Its the Master tests that prove if you have aptitude for the game or not. 

To most having 1000hrs but still low MR appears that you don't have very good aptitude(True or Not). Its Like a random MR5 asking to join a 3x3 eidolon hunt, that player likely to get rejected.

The gaining master Xp system may need a rework to seem more relivant to player ability, eg assigning challenges individual to the frame for example. But as I mentioned its the test itself that proves you got aptitude. Those who pass should be awarded in a reconnition of that ability.

Can we stop acting like achieving MR15 is difficult in any shape, form or way? Yes, MR is stupid, pointless, annoying and may as well not exist for all I care. But getting to MR15 is simply not a big deal, especially when you moan about it whilst already sitting at MR11, MR13 and other such ranks, which are just a few hours of very casual play from getting to MR15.

I mean, if getting another couple ranks is already such a bother, you're gonna hate unlocking Helminth anyway, because there's gonna be a huge syndicate standing grind attached to unlocking it as well.

Archived