Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So they basically killed nyx by giving everyone her signature ability

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Why was mind control picked?

Nyx keeps getting nerfed harder and harder, first with the radiation buff now with this, i don't play nyx, and i don't care about her that much, but i do care about giving each frame their own unique perk to shine

Mind control wasn't a good ability but it's her SIGNATURE 

It's what you think about when picking nyx...i just don't get it

I knew this system is a bad idea, so much for Warframe identity.

I love DE and Warframe but slowly, they dig there own grave, and i honestly hope Warframe dies slowly, it is a sad joke by now, forever beta, keep addign things and forgettign old ones or rework it way to late.

With Mods, Arcanes, Focus, we goten another system to play around with and it clearly shows DE ahs not consdiered all Frames as always, see Limbo in SS, this system will be such a mess and ruin a lot of things.

A good example of ruining uniqueness. Warframe abilities should only be on the frame they were designed for, as intended, swapping around also gets iffy with balance.

Subsume should never be a thing, I really dont like it and its gross too (Helminths own abilites as an idea is fine).

16 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

I knew this system is a bad idea, so much for Warframe identity.

I love DE and Warframe but slowly, they dig there own grave, and i honestly hope Warframe dies slowly, it is a sad joke by now, forever beta, keep addign things and forgettign old ones or rework it way to late.

With Mods, Arcanes, Focus, we goten another system to play around with and it clearly shows DE ahs not consdiered all Frames as always, see Limbo in SS, this system will be such a mess and ruin a lot of things.

Speak for yourself, this adds a whole new level of customization with tons of possibilities to play around with. I can’t wait for it. 

The ability to Mind Control 1 enemy over hundreds that spawn "killed Nyx" and calling it her signature instead of Chaos, which effects everyone in the AoE.

Hopper,  this one of your wrost troll threads. Put some though into it next time.

5 minutes ago, Nova-IX said:

A good example of ruining uniqueness. Warframe abilities should only be on the frame they were designed for, as intended, swapping around also gets iffy with balance.

Subsume should never be a thing, I really dont like it and its gross too (Helminths own abilites as an idea is fine).

Then just don’t use it. It’s entirely optional, you don’t have to swap out any abilities if you don’t want to.

I think chaos or her bolts are more signature to her.

All I know is that I'm happy to be able to remove MC on her and replace it with something like Reave, that along with assimilate will let her move around quickly while doing her WoW-Pally cosplay without needed the right melee with the right stance and the right combo.

Gerade eben schrieb (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face:

Speak for yourself, this adds a whole new level of customization with tons of possibilities to play around with. I can’t wait for it. 

Customization that ends in meta builds, for that we have our equipment to variate around, a Warframe stands for what it is not jsut swap it out, imagine it on a weapon, if the Soma suddenly uses arrows.

Customization is nice but it needs limits still, this will cause a mess and frames loose its identity, at worse peopel scream for more abilitys avilable and DE will give in at worst.

Warframes are Frames for a reason and suddenly nothing is unique anymore, when we have such then lets jsut delete all and gives us abilitys as Mods instead like old days, but all equibable.

Do you see where this is going?

Definitely her worst ability, but it was definitely her signature. It was the most iconic ability on the list and they gave it away.

It's also the ability i'm replacing immediately because it's so terrible. I only use it to interrupt hackers during Interception missions since they aren't interrupted by Chaos. She sincerely needs a rework. She's my second most used frame, but she's an outdated mess.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

It's what you think about when picking nyx...i just don't get it

no , mind control IS NOT the reason why would someone would ever pick her , its the 4 with the augment and her reworked armor stripping , nyx players hadly ever use her 1 or 3 because either radiation causes enemies to randomly take covers against each other or not needed in the first place . 

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

i don't play nyx, and i don't care about her that much, but i do care about giving each frame their own unique perk to shine

if you ask me excal's 2 is his 'signature move' and not the slash dash as people might think but they did it anyway , but will anyone get hurt , probably no , move on 

Gerade eben schrieb (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face:

Mind Control is only “signature” in the sense that she’s the mind control frame.

It’s a garbage ability and literally no one is going to use it, so it doesn’t hurt Nyx at all. I agree with the guy above me this has to be a troll thread.

And using it on others will suddenly make it good? This is the meta here i mean, crap still stays crap instead of real reworks, this will push the other frames even mroe in the back, variety over customization here, what Warframe used to stand for but elitists had to make builds as meta, what people alaways do and other suffer over it from nerfs becasue people exploited something, the same will happen here and the main frames will suffer, not the system.

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Customization that ends in meta builds, for that we have our equipment to variate around, a Warframe stands for what it is not jsut swap it out, imagine it on a weapon, if the Soma suddenly uses arrows.

Yes, some people will use this to create OP setups, but we’re already OP so who cares? Personally I’m going to use it to create new synergies that I find fun. Warframe is so easy I could not care less what is considered “meta”. Anything works so I’ll just keep using whatever I want.

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Customization is nice but it needs limits still, this will cause a mess and frames loose its identity, at worse peopel scream for more abilitys avilable and DE will give in at worst.

Warframes are Frames for a reason and suddenly nothing is unique anymore, when we have such then lets jsut delete all and gives us abilitys as Mods instead like old days, but all equibable.

Do you see where this is going?

Again, speak for yourself. It’s only one ability so I disagree that it will ruin the frames identity. And I don’t think this system is going to turn out as OP as you and some others think it will. Most of the abilities given are just utility, and there’s a safeguard in place for the damage buffs. Just don’t use it if you dislike it so much.

Nyx has three good abilities that work at any level and one bad ability that is almost useless in every scenario. Mind Control is the bad one. It is the ability that you you'll throw out right away for something else, if people play Nyx at all the ability to switch out her first ability will make them want to play her even more.

vor 1 Minute schrieb SirKnum:

Nyx has three good abilities that work at any level and one bad ability that is almost useless in every scenario. Mind Control is the bad one. It is the ability that you you'll throw out right away for something else, if people play Nyx at all the ability to switch out her first ability will make them want to play her even more.

Again like above, then what will change wtih this system, instead of real reworks we getting this excuse of a system that they can't come up with reasonable reworks for it in the first place. What does Customization bring if i have 9 of 10 abilities suck basically to choose form. this is the main problem of this system.

7 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

And using it on others will suddenly make it good?

That’s not what I said at all. I said it’s a garbage ability and literally no one will use it, because it’s garbage.

7 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

This is the meta here i mean, crap still stays crap instead of real reworks, this will push the other frames even mroe in the back, variety over customization here, what Warframe used to stand for but elitists had to make builds as meta, what people alaways do and other suffer over it from nerfs becasue people exploited something, the same will happen here and the main frames will suffer, not the system.

Uh, wut? I don’t even know what you’re trying to say here.

16 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Hopper,  this one of your wrost troll threads. Put some though into it next time

Hey guys! Here i've found the DE apologist!

Aside from your lack of modesty towards me, no this is not a troll thread, that if i ever made one

Nyx is already in a bad state, and it shows in how many people agree with me here

They could've given us something that isn't the character's THEME 

It's literally no different than picking a fourth ability

It is a bit weird when 4 is out of date aside from boring tanking, 2 is equally dull defence strip, and 3 can be fairly easily replicated via radiation spam from sentinel weapons or otherwise.

I like Nyx, still my main and most played frame. But can't deny that with Mind Control being shareable, I'm sorely tempted to put this on another class (eg Revenant) and have potentially better fun as a puppet master.

Edit - if they had given Wukong's Celestial Twin as shareable, I would have probably swapped Nyx's 4 for that which would have been more fun, but given the list of powers it seems only Decoy could be relevant here - just a shame it's not great.

What people don't understand is, i'm looking at this not from a gameplay perspective, but from a theme point of view

What i mean by that is nyx's mind control is unique ability that defines what she is as a warframe, a mind control warframe

Yes her 2 is more useful, yes her 4 is basically invincibility...but when you think about a mind control warframe you think about...well, mind control!

Stripping that away from her means everyone is a mind control warframe 

1 minute ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Same, while I won't remove everything on everyone, I have a handful of ideas to play around with. I only built like 3 frames RN, thinking about getting 1 or 2 more. We'll see. However, I'm in love with the sprint and velocity speed buff from the helminth 😛

i do hope however that they make subsuming OPTIONAL, as in, it is not necessary for reaching max rank to subsume all existing warframes. That actually could make me mad..

If I understand correctly, feeding the Helminth resources is what levels it up, not the warframes. Someone please correct me if I missed something though.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

What people don't understand is, i'm looking at this not from a gameplay perspective, but from a theme point of view

What i mean by that is nyx's mind control is unique ability that defines what she is as a warframe, a mind control warframe

Yes her 2 is more useful, yes her 4 is basically invincibility...but when you think about a mind control warframe you think about...well, mind control!

Stripping that away from her means everyone is a mind control warframe 

Alright, this is actually fair. I would say just don’t get too hung up on the name of the ability because it’s such a bad ability.

Archived