Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It’s been 300 login days for me

VinayakDeVenko

Question

17 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

Are you serious? "Do some research" is definitely not anything anyone is looking for when posting here.

Oh, really? 'Do some research' isn't what's being looked for? Here's something from the original start of the thread.

On 2020-08-13 at 2:28 PM, VinayakDeVenko said:

or is there any other way that i dont know how to find other players.

No it's not cherry picking, because you don't have your facts straight. The dedicated community (Discord) formed in 2016, whereas Conclave 2.0 was released in spring 2015. And before that there were Conclave 1.0 and Dark Sector Conflicts.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=all&q=Warframe Conclave,%2Fm%2F0kz2q04 - The google trends data comparing 'Warframe' searches to 'Warframe Conclave' searches, since BEFORE Warframe was released. Yes, I know trends isn't the most reliable source, but it's definitely one that can give a general idea.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/839775-why-is-conclave-dead-or-at-least-most-of-it/ - A forum post from 2017 talking about conclave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3GsofmUUjY - The earliest still public conclave video uploaded to Youtube. Made after Conclave 2.0 released.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1920&bih=969&sxsrf=ALeKk00SRyowZq-rqcU3Wjk6ycTQG_Wz3w%3A1597427578074&ei=es82X_WUBOOF1fAP0pORgAw&q=warframe+conclave&oq=warframe+conclave&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIECCMQJzIECCMQJzIECCMQJzIECAAQQzICCAAyBAgAEEMyAggAMgIIADIECAAQQzICCAA6BwgAEEcQsANQxQ5YxQ5ghhBoAXAAeACAAUyIAUySAQExmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwj1ueG6oZvrAhXjQhUIHdJJBMA4ZBDh1QMIDA&uact=5 - A search for 'warframe conclave' that returned 41 results. TOTAL.

Don't go around inventing stuff. Also, how come you know about the Discord and not just post that? You know, like being actually helpful? 🤨

I didn't. I followed the link YOU put up.

I was quite generous with my estimate of conclave players. A 1000% increase compared to the discord numbers.

🍒🤏

4 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

With all of that out of the way: care to share some of your updated data sources? Asking mostly since the least one could expect in a discussion is to see some data to back up such yoir points (like The Repo Man did when providing Steamcharts), otherwise all you have is assumptions and baseless claims.

Just to clarify, what kind of data are you requesting?

Aren't you the one assuming that "26 millions of registered players" equals to "26 millions of active players"? There is a huge difference between both since the former one refers to the amount of accounts created regardless of how active is the user, so that "26 million players" includes alt accounts and people who doesn't play anymore (even if they made it past the tutorial) AND active players.

Admittedly, yes.

Even though you're right on warframe being available out of steam, there is no way for us players to know out what's the activity on the standalone PC client as far as i know, so keeping in mind that certain content is only available through steam (like tennogen skins, for a community that seems to love dress-up frame more than the battle system itself to the point of calling it "endgame" as a meme that got out of hand), there qre chances for the standalone PC playerbase to be smaller than that on Steam.

You're right, there isn't a way. Unless DE were to release the player numbers, which I don't see happening any time soon. Tennogen isn't exclusive to Steam, It's available on console as well with purchased plat. I'd imaging it would work the same way in the standalone.

That's wrong since if you downloaded warframe through steam, even going directly to warframe's folder launches steam before starting the game. Won't deny that you may be right for people who downloads the standalone version and then adds it to steam since there are ways to add non-steam games to be launched from it.

https://imgur.com/a/cCQFFiw

This is a screenshot I just took. As you can see, I have steam installed but not running, but I also have WF running. I didn't close steam before doing it, as it wold have quit me out. The background is only black because my desktop shortcuts contain some personal information. and I disabled them.

13 minutes ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

You're assuming that the same people play every day.

To make your statement more accurate, They indicate AT BEST, that 0.6% of that 26 million play Warframe at the same time.

Aren't you the one assuming that "26 millions of registered players" equals to "26 millions of active players"? There is a huge difference between both since the former one refers to the amount of accounts created regardless of how active is the user, so that "26 million players" includes alt accounts and people who doesn't play anymore (even if they made it past the tutorial) AND active players.

19 minutes ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

Besides, Steam isn't always the most accurate way of calculating it, as

1. Warframe can be downloaded as a standalone executable on PC, not linked to Steam in any way.

Even though you're right on warframe being available out of steam, there is no way for us players to know out what's the activity on the standalone PC client as far as i know, so keeping in mind that certain content is only available through steam (like tennogen skins, for a community that seems to love dress-up frame more than the battle system itself to the point of calling it "endgame" as a meme that got out of hand), there qre chances for the standalone PC playerbase to be smaller than that on Steam.

If you have a reliable source of info regarding the activity of other platforms (standalone PC, XB1, PS4, NSW) feel free to share it so it can be kept in mind whenever this discussion pops up again.

30 minutes ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

2. Pinning Warframe to the taskbar and launching it from there, launches it as a standalone instance totally disconnected from Steam.

That's wrong since if you downloaded warframe through steam, even going directly to warframe's folder launches steam before starting the game. Won't deny that you may be right for people who downloads the standalone version and then adds it to steam since there are ways to add non-steam games to be launched from it.

With all of that out of the way: care to share some of your updated data sources? Asking mostly since the least one could expect in a discussion is to see some data to back up such yoir points (like The Repo Man did when providing Steamcharts), otherwise all you have is assumptions and baseless claims.

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Repo Man151 said:

You know, by quoting that 26 million number, you are in fact cherry-picking too? 
unknown.png?width=586&height=214
these are the warframe steam numbers since january 2020. The numbers do not indicate 26 million active players. They indicate perhaps, AT BEST, that 0.6% of that 26 million play Warframe. Let's not make up numbers like 50,000 off the top of our heads because it makes all sides look ignorant.
 Does everybody in the conclave discord play conclave daily? No, but to assume it's just a tiny handful of people playing the mode is just foolish. Conclave players are just more likely to be playing the game than posting on the forums about it, which is why we don't have a large representation on warframe related media.

You're assuming that the same people play every day.

To make your statement more accurate, They indicate AT BEST, that 0.6% of that 26 million play Warframe at the same time. Besides, Steam isn't always the most accurate way of calculating it, as

1. Warframe can be downloaded as a standalone executable on PC, not linked to Steam in any way.

2. Pinning Warframe to the taskbar and launching it from there, launches it as a standalone instance totally disconnected from Steam. Even if the accounts are connected, Steam and by extension, Steam Charts(which is in no way affiliated with Valve) track it only if it was launched from the steam launcher, or a shortcut tied to it.

In terms of the conclave, the discord server itself isn't all that active for a server of that size. You'd think that if they actually played, they'd use the server to coordinate matches. But looking at it, there are small pockets of activity in the organisation of matches, and more general discussion about the game.

On 2020-08-13 at 9:28 AM, VinayakDeVenko said:

I just want to use conclave but its dead alr

or is there any other way that i dont know how to find other players.

PvP Warframe for real 

I'd advice to try looking for Annihilation matches in North America and Europe regions (gotta swap through the gamd's settings).

On 2020-08-13 at 11:54 AM, (NSW)Jothki said:

Conclave just isn't what people play this game for.

So... players who enjoy conclave aren't people? Good to know, i guess.

1 hour ago, Kontrollo said:

You said and I quote: "Conclave has been dead on release".

Which is neither constructive nor helpful, by the way. Got lost when clicking on a subforum?

on top of that its not even true... like... at all...

The average bob wanting to play some random pvp and the dedicated Conclave clans aside... What do you think where the Dark Sector Alliances tested and trained? There was no simulacrum yet lol

54 minutes ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

'dead on release' refers to the fact that out of the "26 million losers", maybe 50,000 or so(Giving a massive overestimate based off of the Discord server member numbers, which is around 3318 at the time of writing this) play the game mode. That's less than one percent. And that's using 50,000. I expect the real value is about half, making it even more empty. Less than 1 percent of 26 million isn't dead? What?

What, so what I said about doing research isn't constructive or helpful? You're looking at one portion of my comment. You know what that's called? Cherry Picking

You know, by quoting that 26 million number, you are in fact cherry-picking too? 
unknown.png?width=586&height=214
these are the warframe steam numbers since january 2020. The numbers do not indicate 26 million active players. They indicate perhaps, AT BEST, that 0.6% of that 26 million play Warframe. Let's not make up numbers like 50,000 off the top of our heads because it makes all sides look ignorant.
 Does everybody in the conclave discord play conclave daily? No, but to assume it's just a tiny handful of people playing the mode is just foolish. Conclave players are just more likely to be playing the game than posting on the forums about it, which is why we don't have a large representation on warframe related media.

Just now, LoneWolf9989 said:

'dead on release' refers to the fact that out of the "26 million losers", maybe 50,000 or so(Giving a massive overestimate based off of the Discord server member numbers, which is around 3318 at the time of writing this) play the game mode. That's less than one percent. And that's using 50,000. I expect the real value is about half, making it even more empty. Less than 1 percent of 26 million isn't dead? What?

What, so what I said about doing research isn't constructive or helpful? You're looking at one portion of my comment. You know what that's called? Cherry Picking

Are you serious? "Do some research" is definitely not anything anyone is looking for when posting here.

No it's not cherry picking, because you don't have your facts straight. The dedicated community (Discord) formed in 2016, whereas Conclave 2.0 was released in spring 2015. And before that there were Conclave 1.0 and Dark Sector Conflicts.

Don't go around inventing stuff. Also, how come you know about the Discord and not just post that? You know, like being actually helpful? 🤨

1 minute ago, Kontrollo said:

Which is neither constructive nor helpful, by the way. Got lost when clicking on a subforum?

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

Read my comment again...

I never said that there aren't any players. I simply said that the community of players is very small compared to the rest of the player base.

6 hours ago, Kontrollo said:

Uh huh, sure. That's why the top dedicated server hoster alone has over 175'000 games to his name.

That said, it has been neglected by the devs for years and it's not in a good state right now.

Your best bet is looking for games in the evening of EU and NA regions, and Annihilation is usually more populated than the other modes. Also, try adding people to your friends list, some of us don't play publicly anymore, because some severe problems have gone unaddressed for months.

There's also the Conclave Community Discord at discord.me/conclave (direct invite link).

Edit: It's worth mentioning that there are hard separations between all the modes (obviously), all the regions, and Recruit Conditioning enabled/disabled. And of course, you won't be able to join full matches, either.

Read my comment again...

I never said that there aren't any players. I simply said that the community of players is very small compared to the rest of the player base.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf9989 said:

Conclave has been dead on release, save for a small but dedicated community. Do some research and you may find a subset of that community.

Uh huh, sure. That's why the top dedicated server hoster alone has over 175'000 games to his name.

That said, it has been neglected by the devs for years and it's not in a good state right now.

Your best bet is looking for games in the evening of EU and NA regions, and Annihilation is usually more populated than the other modes. Also, try adding people to your friends list, some of us don't play publicly anymore, because some severe problems have gone unaddressed for months.

There's also the Conclave Community Discord at discord.me/conclave (direct invite link).

Edit: It's worth mentioning that there are hard separations between all the modes (obviously), all the regions, and Recruit Conditioning enabled/disabled. And of course, you won't be able to join full matches, either.

Archived