Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix The Gamebreaking Bugs Already

Raxxath

It is entirely inexusable that 30 minutes of nonstop fighting can be completely erased by the game crashing or a host migration.

Survival is currently unplayable because of it. Time after time the game crashes or a host disconnects and everyone loses everything. I wonder how many thousands of resources and hundreds of thousands of experience I've lost already because of it.

How is this not your number one priority? It completely saps all the fun out of the game. When my game crashes 10 feet away from extraction after spending 30 minutes killing things, I lose all desire to play anymore. I immediately go find another game to play that won't erase my progress.

I'm done playing any extended missions until you fix this mess.

game crashing

-snip-

How is this not your number one priority?

I'll give you the simple answer: the game can crash for many various reasons, and the reason for crashing varies from computer to computer, and because of this there is no "panacea" to prevent game crashing.

Also, if you want DE to "fix" crashes, then you need to help them do so. If and when your game crashes, submit a support ticket and include your EE.log file.

The more you help DE by submitting crash reports (through the tool if it crashes to desktop) or support tickets when you encounter bugs and things, the faster they can diagnose the root cause of that specific issue, which in turn means less time waiting for the appropriate patch to be rolled out.

Also, if you look at patch and hotfix notes, you'll notice that the majority of them contain fixes for things that cause the game to crash.

I'll give you the simple answer: the game can crash for many various reasons, and the reason for crashing varies from computer to computer, and because of this there is no "panacea" to prevent game crashing.

Also, if you want DE to "fix" crashes, then you need to help them do so. If and when your game crashes, submit a support ticket and include your EE.log file.

The more you help DE by submitting crash reports (through the tool if it crashes to desktop) or support tickets when you encounter bugs and things, the faster they can diagnose the root cause of that specific issue, which in turn means less time waiting for the appropriate patch to be rolled out.

Also, if you look at patch and hotfix notes, you'll notice that the majority of them contain fixes for things that cause the game to crash.

You've completely ignored the real issue. When you crash or disconnect, or the host crashes or disconnects, YOU LOSE EVERYTHING.

This is an awful design. What if in World of Warcraft, if you disconnected during an instance, you lost all your experience and loot? Do you think WoW would have as successful if that were the case?

@ Relkin your drill sergeant sucks.

@ Letter13 these cases are either poor coding or situations which happens very rare.

If pc have configuration that meets the minimum requirements for a game, this game should run on that pc. As it now i see crashes here and there everytime. It's not "rare" it's rather "common" issue.

And these issues made their appearance in U10.

Edited by Althix

It is entirely inexusable that 30 minutes of nonstop fighting can be completely erased by the game crashing or a host migration.

I'm done playing any extended missions until you fix this mess.

Your title says gamebreaking bugs, which although inconvenient isn't exactly gamebreaking for the majority. I also agree that you need to submit tickets, allow the system reporting tool to report, even then crashed are not easy to fix, there are different versions of windows, different hardware and even different background programms running on peoples computers.

The bigger problems, are long standing bugs/bad design decisions that affect everyone all the time and getting those fixed should be a priority. The sort of crash you are experiencing can probably only ever be fixed by the fault reporting system installed with the game....and I would think it is not a quick process.

e.g. They fix the UI mod system, or fix your bug....UI mod system affected most players, I'm personally pleased they fixed a problem that affected everyone.

I do feel for you and I can understand how game crashes is a major problem for you, but I don't think it is for the majority. However, the Host migration problem you mention, affects everyone and does need fixing.

You've completely ignored the real issue. When you crash or disconnect, or the host crashes or disconnects, YOU LOSE EVERYTHING.

This is an awful design.

So, to clarify, you are in fact trying to draw attention to just one thing with this thread, and that's how progress is saved to your account? Or are you talking about the crashes?

To address the topic of saving progress as you pick things up, it would actually be much more costly (not to mention tough to program) to implement a function that saves affinity, resources and mods you pick up as you pick them up (it would also be VERY costly on the servers since they'd be receiving a much higher volume of traffic).

I do agree however, that it is unfortunate if/when you lose your progress and that I'd like to see some sort of system implemented that could prevent this loss of data.

Any way you look at it, there is no 'simple' way to fix it. It's actually easier (and probably a better use of time) to try and squash the bugs that cause crashes in the first place, so they don't have to overhaul (and possibly even re-write) the entire scheme of how clients report mission/end-of-mission data to the account server.

If pc have configuration that meets the minimum requirements for a game, this game should run on that pc. As it now i see crashes here and there everytime. It's not "rare" it's rather "common" issue.

It's more than just the 'sum of the hardware.' Assuming you meet the requirements (hardware wise) and run the game on a clean-install of windows (without any added software) with updated drivers, yes, the game SHOULD run 100% fine without any problems... but OS tweaks, outdated drivers, third party software, incorrectly set up BIOS and many other things that can differ from system to system may react unexpectedly with the game while it's running.

Also crashes like these existed LONG before U10. Try U6 (and no doubt even moreso during U1~U5 CBT).

Any way you look at it, there is no 'simple' way to fix it. It's actually easier (and probably a better use of time) to try and squash the bugs that cause crashes in the first place, so they don't have to overhaul (and possibly even re-write) the entire scheme of how clients report mission/end-of-mission data to the account server.

1. Make it so host migration doesn't wipe everything out. Why should transferring to a different host delete all the previous information?

2. Make it so you can rejoin a mission still in progress after you crash. This is a no brainer, it's really quite absurd that it's not in the game already.

Fixed.

1. Make it so host migration doesn't wipe everything out. Why should transferring to a different host delete all the previous information?

Security reasons, I expect. It would be very easy to fool the game into disconnecting from a host while editing memory values to substitute the list of currently acquired items for a new one.

2. Make it so you can rejoin a mission still in progress after you crash. This is a no brainer, it's really quite absurd that it's not in the game already.

You can already do this, actually. As long as the objective hasn't been completed, the current host can re-invite you back in (or you can re-join manually if they're on your friends list)... however you will have lost your things if you crashed to the over-map or to the desktop. I do not think this works on Orokin Derelicts however, to prevent people from leaving and rejoining with a different dragon key.

Security reasons, I expect. It would be very easy to fool the game into disconnecting from a host while editing memory values to substitute the list of currently acquired items for a new one.

You can already do this, actually. As long as the objective hasn't been completed, the current host can re-invite you back in (or you can re-join manually if they're on your friends list)... however you will have lost your things if you crashed to the over-map or to the desktop. I do not think this works on Orokin Derelicts however, to prevent people from leaving and rejoining with a different dragon key.

Wow, you have an excuse for everything. Incredible.

And as for "however you will have lost your things if you crashed to the over-map or to the desktop"... What other kind of crash is there? If you crash or get disconnected from a mission, you lose everything. Period. There is no getting it back, currently. Don't pretend otherwise.

Fixed.

That's the thing. I get migrated occasionally and it hasn't (to the best of my knowledge) wiped my progress. You can re-connect as long as the mission objective isn't complete you can re-join. The exception is Derelicts, but that is by design so you can't just go get the right key and rejoin.

It's also dead obvious and unhelpful.

The hypothetical drill sergeant could at least say "take cover and suppress, then call in ordinance on their location".

Just like how "optimization" sounds like a helpful suggestion, when it is in fact a meaningless statement. Optimize how exactly?

It's also dead obvious and unhelpful.

The hypothetical drill sergeant could at least say "take cover and suppress, then call in ordinance on their location".

Just like how "optimization" sounds like a helpful suggestion, when it is in fact a meaningless statement. Optimize how exactly?

Idunno, by making it work better?

@ Relkin your drill sergeant sucks.

@ Letter13 these cases are either poor coding or situations which happens very rare.

I think you're oversimplifying it... computers are complex, every different computer can have a different hardware configuration, it can easily be something small and insignificant that causes a crash. It could be a random fluke it could be a program on their computer it could be something else.

I understand what you're asking for, you want to be able to recconnect to a session after disconnecting so you can continue where you left off, and it's a good thought and I agree that they should eventually implement, however, easier said than done, that's a job and a half in itself.

Why is DE encrypting the game files if people can still edit memory values even after encryption?