Derelict Shift: Hotfix 28.3.3

Found two bugs that has been persisting in my game play (not game breaking mind you, just weird)

1) When completing missions and watching my warframe reenter the nightwave landing craft prior to the result screen. The ship would keep shaking as though it had multiple screws loose to the point that I'm almost worried that it will fall off.

2) If you are equipped with only a melee weapon (in my case a two handed zaw), the mission result would show my character holding the weapon while posing. The funny part is that my weapon's handle is held vertically and is photo bombing everyone else in my squad.

DE please, they use to work, what have you done, I read somewhere else (can't remember where) that they are broken but I don't normally get bugs. 😞 

Granum Void missions are dead a lot of the times, cannot enter the gold hands, done 10 missions so far and have only been able to enter 3 hands so far out of 10 they are grayed out when I approach them, does anyone know a trick to get it to work. I'm doing the Nightmare Granum Void.

Edit: Added picture.

I've tried in Operator tried in Warframe I've tried capturing target tried going into Void before doing Objective, I'd give Spot a try but he has no clue on how to work a console, he's all paws.

Going to try a new tile-set see if it helps.

Spoiler

37DA0E5753ACF666BEA4431CBE5396FA53022282

Edit:
Update finally got the Protea part after all the failed missions because of the Granum Void gold hand being bugged.

Edited by Slayer-.
Not going near the Granum Void ever again.
  • Like 1

So, after seeing unanimous hatred towards the new end mission UI (and I've asked over 352 players so far and I've NEVER encountered ANYTHING unanimous before this) you guys are just going to ignore it then?

2 hours ago, DaBiggman said:

So, after seeing unanimous hatred towards the new end mission UI (and I've asked over 352 players so far and I've NEVER encountered ANYTHING unanimous before this) you guys are just going to ignore it then?

exactly. new end mission UI sux DE. Do something about it.

I think it looks cool lol. I don't really see any unanimous hatred. Just people agreeing that some tweaks need to be made for more efficient use of space.

• Like 2

There is such a thing as players just being wrong. The new UI shows the essential information, the old screen showed pointless garbage that lead to people making ridiculous assumptions all of the time. I for one, am glad it not longer shows 'most % damage dealt in a mission', that way you don't have people making ridiculous claims about warframe quality using that stat. Turns out by the way, that whenever a large change is made, people are going to crap themselves and irrationally hate it. 

• Like 1
hace 22 minutos, gabuchan dijo:

I think it looks cool lol. I don't really see any unanimous hatred. Just people agreeing that some tweaks need to be made for more efficient use of space.

It is not unanimous, but if you make an UI that so many hate It, some people like It (and a few of those love new UI only cause they don't see stats) and the rest is indifferent; you are doing something wrong.

Comparing this UI with the older one, the only good thing is to see Syndicate reputation in the first page (if you like that), but the rest, in my opinion, is wrong.

You can't see your weapons, affinity got with each one (focus is separatelly from weapon so you can't see if you would like to install a lens-I normally checked that in the mission while playing with that weapon), stats now are shown separatelly-at least if they had added a key to change page faster, that could have solved one of the problem with stats page, the other problem is the blank space between teammates's stats.

The new UI gives the same important to objects than frame and weapons. Also, the objects part is broken and It doesn't differentiate between good and bad objects as It was doing in the last UI.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, spudster888. said:

There is such a thing as players just being wrong. The new UI shows the essential information, the old screen showed pointless garbage that lead to people making ridiculous assumptions all of the time. I for one, am glad it not longer shows 'most % damage dealt in a mission', that way you don't have people making ridiculous claims about warframe quality using that stat. Turns out by the way, that whenever a large change is made, people are going to crap themselves and irrationally hate it. 

What I hate about it is not the end mission screen itself, but the fact that once I get back to my Orbiter, I get stuck in a pseudo-Codex scene with the same information, which forcibly sticks around for five to ten seconds while I hammer the Esc button trying to get it to stop so that I can go about my business. 

Changing the way the UI displays the data is fine.

Wasting my time for just long enough to be annoying after every single mission is not.

• Like 1
hace 7 minutos, spudster888. dijo:

I'm not agree with you, the %most damage was a good info to know with warframe, weapons and combination are good; as the ability of that person in the game. That is also good to make us improve to make more damage and learn the game mechanics.

I don't mind the new end mission screen, I just want DE to optimize the video at the end that plays showing all the Warframes, it causes lag.

Also make each icon graphic reward a bit smaller don't need them that big.

• Like 2
Am 17.8.2020 um 22:54 schrieb MrFrog9:

Cloud Walker was never intended by the Pablo to be the extreme speedrunning talent it was 

Cloud Walker is a bad trash strat and should be banned anyway. 

Edited by NoSpax
grammar
36 minutes ago, lhardy said:

I'm not agree with you, the %most damage was a good info to know with warframe, weapons and combination are good; as the ability of that person in the game. That is also good to make us improve to make more damage and learn the game mechanics.

Hmm I disagree. Damage dealt can be considered irrelevant in a lot of missions. Try running around with the classic status Kohm in an exterminate mission. You can end up racking up the most kills (which is what should be key in an exterminate mission), but lose the most damage dealt stat to some guy who killed 10 enemies with a high damage dealing weapons. At that point, damage dealt just feels inconsequential.

hace 11 minutos, gabuchan dijo:

Hmm I disagree. Damage dealt can be considered irrelevant in a lot of missions. Try running around with the classic status Kohm in an exterminate mission. You can end up racking up the most kills (which is what should be key in an exterminate mission), but lose the most damage dealt stat to some guy who killed 10 enemies with a high damage dealing weapons. At that point, damage dealt just feels inconsequential.

You could have had a saryn on your team that dealt the 90% of the damage to enemies and then you finished them, you get the most kill and she the most damage; what is more important?

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

I don't mind the new end mission screen, I just want DE to optimize the video at the end that plays showing all the Warframes, it causes lag.

Also make each icon graphic reward a bit smaller don't need them that big.

This.

I actually like the new screen. The stats are still there when needed, but not in your face. And it amuses me to see what the game arbitrarily decided would be a good defining stat to put under players' names. I don't care about the posing but it can be nice to see at a glance which frames were present.

The screen also makes sense to me during a mission, when we only have time for a quick glance. While I prefer lists for easier perusal to those desaturated icons, it still kind of works for me.

I still think there is ample room for improvement.

Optimisation is one big aspect, of course, because the lag is harsh. And the item sorting is silly; in "important" mode, "identified" items should always come first, for example. Also agree that the icons need not be so huge, but I guess that won't change, since they are that big everywhere. 

Also, the stat screen should be expanded by default. You only see it after a click to get there anyway, so why would you have to click again just to confirm that, yes, you really want to see all of those stats?

On the whole I simply deny that "everyone hates the new end of mission screen". I just had no reason to be vocal about it and I'm ready to bet that applies to most of those who are okay with the changes. Dissent will always have the loudest voice, after all.

Edited by Aeoni
1 hour ago, lhardy said:

You're fine to disagree, but you'd also be objectively wrong. If you think % damage correlates to quality of a frame in a mission, you really don't know much about warframe. 

• Like 3

I wouldn't mind if DE decided to blatantly copy Anthem with "end of mission" Ui.

Anthem with all it's flaws has a fun summary with xp, medals (MVP stats) and loot. It's lengthy, yes. But all of it still easily can be cramped. Or at least create Fun Summary Medals with unique names ("Headbasher" for most headshots, "Greedy Skoom" for most pickups etc.)

You know... make it actual FUN?

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

DE please, they use to work, what have you done, I read somewhere else (can't remember where) that they are broken but I don't normally get bugs. 😞 

Granum Void missions are dead a lot of the times, cannot enter the gold hands, done 10 missions so far and have only been able to enter 3 hands so far out of 10 they are grayed out when I approach them, does anyone know a trick to get it to work. I'm doing the Nightmare Granum Void.

Edit: Added picture.

I've tried in Operator tried in Warframe I've tried capturing target tried going into Void before doing Objective, I'd give Spot a try but he has no clue on how to work a console, he's all paws.

Going to try a new tile-set see if it helps.

Reveal hidden contents

37DA0E5753ACF666BEA4431CBE5396FA53022282

Edit:
Update finally got the Protea part after all the failed missions because of the Granum Void gold hand being bugged.

I've experienced this as well.  It seems to be linked to your starting tile.  If you get the start tile with the triangle icon, no Granum Void.  If you get either of the start tiles with statues of Parvos Granum, you're good.

I'd post pictures of the start tiles, but since DE doesn't want that information (since they don't host images in their own forums), I'm not going to bother.  I shouldn't need an image hosting site account to interact effectively on this forum or to post bug reports.

-----------------------

With regards to the enemy spawn rate, I've also experienced multiple issues with spawn rate.

I was unable to complete the nightwave PoE fishing act last night due to the fish just... not spawning.  I had fish spawning, got to 5 catches, then they stopped.  No fish.  I waited 5 min and gave up.

I have also failed the area control PoE bounty a couple of times now because not enough enemies spawned to keep the control % up.  Very frustrating, especially when in the later stages of the bounty.

-------------------------

I didn't see any other reports of this, but I also failed a Valis bounty on the security stage a few nights ago.  I got the back security room with the glass around the console, but the glass refused to raise after successfully hacking the console up on the top floor walkway/balcony.  This was, of course, the last stage of a tier 5 bounty.  Very frustrating.

Edited by gfb537
59 minutes ago, gfb537 said:

I've experienced this as well.  It seems to be linked to your starting tile.  If you get the start tile with the triangle icon, no Granum Void.  If you get either of the start tiles with statues of Parvos Granum, you're good.

I'd post pictures of the start tiles, but since DE doesn't want that information (since they don't host images in their own forums), I'm not going to bother.  I shouldn't need an image hosting site account to interact effectively on this forum or to post bug reports.

-----------------------

Spoiler

With regards to the enemy spawn rate, I've also experienced multiple issues with spawn rate.

I was unable to complete the nightwave PoE fishing act last night due to the fish just... not spawning.  I had fish spawning, got to 5 catches, then they stopped.  No fish.  I waited 5 min and gave up.

I have also failed the area control PoE bounty a couple of times now because not enough enemies spawned to keep the control % up.  Very frustrating, especially when in the later stages of the bounty.

-------------------------

I didn't see any other reports of this, but I also failed a Valis bounty on the security stage a few nights ago.  I got the back security room with the glass around the console, but the glass refused to raise after successfully hacking the console up on the top floor walkway/balcony.  This was, of course, the last stage of a tier 5 bounty.  Very frustrating.

It's very frustrating, those Granum Void missions when I first did them to get Protea parts worked perfectly, only did it now to get the last part of Protea to build for the Helminth, already had two parts from farming first time.

When I'm doing those tile-sets for normal missions I must take notice of the spawn in area and check the the hands to see if the consoles are lit up, going on your info, thank you..

Edit:
Yes you could say I'm less than impressed that it took over 6+ hours to farm one part because of bad code, no console lit up I just aborted the mission.. 

Edited by Slayer-.
  • [DE]Megan locked, unfeatured and unpinned this topic