Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think Heart of Deimos be what the game needs?

Kimimoto

Another open world around the corner! Do you think HoD will shape up to not be another island, and have inter-connectivity with the core game? Do you think it will really shake the game/gameplay up enough to make a difference in the current downward trend Warframe has started to take? What are your thoughts?

From what I saw, during TennoCon it felt like they avoided showing any potential new systems that are linked to HoD. For example, PoE/Fortuna were quick to show off their modular weapons, mining, fishing, animal conservation. While HoD showed off? A mech? What is there to do in it? It feels like it wasn't really made clear. To me, that seems like a red flag. Why not show off the potential of probably one of your most important updates? I'm pretty skeptical that the update is going to be good.

It's gonna be another island, with its own resources and a new modular system that's only limited to the three open world islands. I always enjoy more fresh content, but I don't think this is what the game needs personally. I'd rather see DE put effort toward expanding on systems they've abandoned or left unfinished, things like the third orb, that's pretty major update material.

They are kind of getting a start on it with the whole Helminth finally getting real functionality though.

Short answer: no.

Even if it isn't a content island, the main problem of all the other content islands still exists. Deimos could be a step in the right direction, but there's a process there that has to go through everything to be truly effective.

As for them not showing so many things off, IMO, that's a good thing. The last few things they showed off in greater detail, namely Liches and Railjack, didn't end up realized quite the way they advertised. I don't think they're terribly keen on repeating that process of hyping something up only to have it fall flat. There's a saying, "less is more", after all.

Answer depends on what YOU need from the game.

For me minig and fishing and modular weapons were not interesting because 95% of the game i do other stuff.

i will give HoD a try, i will maybe have fun with it, but still will wait for Railjack part 2-3-4-5-6 and Liches Rework and New war and Paradox.

It'll be fun and it will add another faction to the open worlds. The best action to take would be to actually play the content and not just ignore it just because it's an "island". 

Can you believe there are people who were around PoE and Orb Vallis release that still didn't finish them. These 2 "islands" gave us some of the best arcanes and weapons. Railjack gave us permanent archwing upgrades as well.

It all looks good, with interesting content and lore but this new system also makes older content revalant again which is also a good thing. 

It has a good mix of new content and also rewarding the veterans. The only thing I'd change is raising the MR level required to 20 instead of 15. 

The only real incentive to continue the MR rank is for rivens, after that there really isnt much incentive to continue other then what's offered already, you add this to MR20 and theres more value to the MR grind. 

Is it going to be another island? Of course. Systems to interconnect the open worlds more would likely be their own entire update.

But is it needed? Most definitely. The infested have needed to be fleshed out more for a long while now as most we've ever gotten related to them is other characters/factions and their relations to the infested.

And as for what they didn't seem to show in the demo it may just be due to those systems not being finished such as the modular system it'll launch with (assuming it'll follow the trend). Since they did make a big deal of "ship what is shown" if they don't think it'll be done in time then they wouldn't mention it. And as for the mech who knows, it could be a random vehicle like parked Dargyns in the Plains, it could be the modular system, or they're just a gimmick tied to the map/bounties.

HoD itself? almost certainly not based on what we've been told so far, its likely just another one and done content island with some rare thing that doesnt drop anywhere being shoehorned into a drop from a HoD specific mission/monster to force its continued relevance like Eidolons and Orbs.

The other systems being brought in along side it though, helminth and the new player experience, are welcome and imo needed additions to the game. Being able to rip out a crap ability for something more useful will do a lot of good for a lot of frames and everyone knows that the game really doesnt do well with introducing new players to the games systems so hopefully the NPE will go some ways in addressing that.

It sounds like im dismissing HoD but im only half doing it. DE has made it abundantly clear that they have no idea how to or have no desire to not release content islands despite steves comments on the matter. This really annoys me but I do still like warframe and fresh scenery, even if its irrelevant to the rest of the game, is welcome.

46 minutes ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

It'll be fun and it will add another faction to the open worlds. The best action to take would be to actually play the content and not just ignore it just because it's an "island". 

Can you believe there are people who were around PoE and Orb Vallis release that still didn't finish them. These 2 "islands" gave us some of the best arcanes and weapons. Railjack gave us permanent archwing upgrades as well.

Power creep's a good incentive to make people play these content islands but not really good in the long-term.

No, DE has had 2 major open world updates and with those the chance to get the formula right.  They have not done this and this "new" infested open world title set looks to be no different.  More mining, more fishing, more standing requirements for the new faction etc.  It will be the same, at the base level, the core and even just skin deep, as PoE and the Orb Vallas.  

i can take my Warframe, its weapons, mods, companions that ive been using for years and play on a new open world. In that open world, ill probably earn new weapons, arcanes, mods, etc that i can use throughout the entire game. How is that an island? Its a new series of missions. Its as much of an island as Disruption or Spy. Its something to do

Yes, in that it's stuff to do, the lore seems interesting, Helminth looks like it'll at least be fun to mess around with, and they do at least seem to be learning with the actual area design itself (hopefully the variety of terrains we see actually reflect gameplay areas and it's not just half a dozen flat areas like Fortuna was). In short, for what it is it looks to me like a good update.

In terms of what Warframe as a whole needs on a deeper level? No, but it'd be somewhat foolish to expect what it really needs from a tennocon I suppose. What Warframe really needs is a good hard look at itself, to pick a direction and stick to it, and then balance around it. Because at the end of the day, balance is merely about ensuring that the vision of the game is upheld - not the specifics. If that does turn out to be 'space wizard power fantasy game', then balancing around that is making it so that power fantasy is more mechanically interesting than, and that more playstyles are viable. If that's a tactical stealth/action shooter like the old days, then rework mobility, modding and enemies to turn it back to that. Or perhaps something else entirely. Which part of its DNA - Diabloid looter, Action game or W-RPG is Warframe's main attraction and which parts are there for texture and further depth?

DE needs to stop walking on eggshells and decide, firmly, what the game IS. And note, I'm not casting judgement about which decision they should make, despite my own preferences. But a decision like that isn't really something you're going to get from an update. That kind of thing's internal, something we're only going to experience from the outside in the form of more cohesive updates and less bizzare, counter-intuitive decisions that ultimately leave nobody truly satisfied.

I guess it iwll be like Orb vallis and PoE: Isolated Map with its own Resources (AGAIN!) and no connection to the rest of the game. „Just another“ world within a world you can explore with - i guess - also the same achievements: Finding every cave, Fishing, conservation, mining and probably the one or other new stuff (e.g. mech suits)
When PoE was anounced on the TennoCon it was surely a huge impact but Orb vallis and now HoD werent that shocking since the only difference is the environment and the story behind it. The mechanics are the same. Bountys with mainly variants of s mob def and the above said „side jobs“

10 часов назад, Kimimoto сказал:

if the content doesn't hold up for anyone

Sorry, but i dont have any statistics to prove you are wrong, neither do you have to prove you are right.
So i dont see point of using "argumentum ad populum" without any proof. 
On paper you are right, but only if we all agree that this content does not hold up for ALL of us

I like open world extensions but no.

Railjack needs more mods, planets and factions. 

A quest that continous the main storyline is also kinda more important imo.

The Helmith system is good. It saves De the truble to rework stuff and saves us from being dissapointed about reworks. It's a win-win. Some would disagree of course but I don't care.

Archived