Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do you think Heart of Deimos be what the game needs?

Kimimoto

12 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Another open world around the corner! Do you think HoD will shape up to not be another island, and have inter-connectivity with the core game?

New content is new content...Complaining you won't like it before it's even launched seems kinda ridiculous to me.

You are still gonna play it anyway, right?

Why not keep an open mind instead of snarking it before it releases...

I know it's hip to call the other open areas "Content Islands"—Yet they both have tons of people running around in them daily...Which is more than 90% of the star chart at any given point.

New content is always good, but what the game needs in my opinion is dedication from the developers to actually finish a piece of content before their ADHD sets in and they move onto whatever new idea has popped into their head.

PoE, Orb Valis, The Lich system, Railjack, Conclave, Lunaro, Archwing, Operator Alignment!

Warframe is chock full of systems that have either been put on hold, or completely abandoned for no apparent reasons other than lack of player interest or DE seems to have no idea where to take them next.

Come on DE, lets complete a few things before adding more stuff that's just going to be left unfinished because you lose interest in it after a few months.

I thought that 2020 was supposed to be the year of fixing things?

Stop chasing squirrels and finish what you started please.

I think we are finally getting more lore and qusts about warframes how they have their powers and about peoples that are big part in this world and civilization about them and how infested become to exist and destroyed everything in other planets... + we are getting weary important cinematic stori fron the start of the game this update is the best that we ever got... Because there is so much and more all in 1 and i think this is going to bee full with potentiall 

Its more stuff to do and though it is still an island that is not necessarily a bad thing,

Just like they have made a means to use old resources for helminth , i hope we can squeeze our old resources through a grinder to be atleast be 1% as effective as starting from scratch.

What i genuinely wish , is there be no Eidolon equivalents on the drift. I dont mean giant boss fights ,  i mean poorly thought out mechanics needing a modular equipment only available on that open world that needs to be by itself powerful to progress in a time gated section that can also cause migraines providing rewards that impart very significant power.

The orb spiders were acceptable on that front as giant bosses they provided stuff but it was never a power grind.

But i expect the giant mechs will be needed for something - just hope its not too tiresome

i am hoping some of those infested creatures find a way to the rest of the system (am i a bad person to think that?) , i am rather tired of killing the same charger and leaper over and over again. They can borrow my landing craft if they need it.

What the game needs is a full overhaul of the combat, damage, and modding system.

Heart of Deimos is almost certainly not a full overhaul of the combat, damage, and modding system.

Therefore Heart of Deimos is almost certainly not what the game 'needs'.

Still looking forward to it, though, it looks interesting.

New Open World with lore + Tenno lore (FINALLY)
New mods
New weapons
New cosmetic stuff
Posibbly new bossfights
The Helminth Chrysalis system (Finally something for experienced players)
New Warframe (The first and only with void damage)

Overall, I think the Heart of Deimos update is going to be a step into the direction of connecting things together, because of the helminth system and the new lore we are getting.

46 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

What the game needs is a full overhaul of the combat, damage, and modding system.

Heart of Deimos is almost certainly not a full overhaul of the combat, damage, and modding system.

The whole planet could use a rework. It's easier to make empty statements though, I get it.

A thing I like about HoD is that it seems to tie some newer parts of the game together in one regard - Lore. This might seem like a minor thing, but I'm really happy to see it connecting to stuff like the Lich system (origin of the requiem mods/poem), the War Within (using transference on mechs, similar to the golden maw) and simply gives more backstory of lesser known but important lore-parts. Things like the void, tenno powers, Orokin society and the origins of the infested are pretty major points that will get more fleshed out.

Again, this might not be a big deal to the majority of the players but I quite like it. Coherent lore is a thing this game could use a bit of

What the game “needs” is depth rather than width, devs always go to the next big thing rather than interconnecting stuff

This update looks to be that they finished helminth finally and are explaining the magic parts of warframe a lot it looks but there’s still a lot forgotten

like why has Simaris not been getting new targets 

The third orb 

the rest of the king pins

raikjack 5th intrinsic, lichs in space etc

Or when they made the disruption expansion and all Alad sells is the conduits despite all his lines referring to the amalgams as the product he is developing 

The list of lost ideas goes on and on 

15 hours ago, Hawk1911 said:

No, DE has had 2 major open world updates and with those the chance to get the formula right.  They have not done this and this "new" infested open world title set looks to be no different.  More mining, more fishing, more standing requirements for the new faction etc.  It will be the same, at the base level, the core and even just skin deep, as PoE and the Orb Vallas.  

I’d like to see them add all kinds of content to the open worlds. Add a dedicated team to just fill it with missions. All kinds.... silly to serious. 

it’s untapped potential just sitting ready to expand. 

I have this ridiculous conspiracy that in the end, we'll fail to stop the heart from dying, and we'll be significantly powered down so that DE can better balance enemies and content because "better ai is not enough nerf muh play0rz". The only reason I think that is because of some of the abilities we'll be able to get from subsuming, which are honestly a little silly in some cases like eclipse on chroma. 

That or DE has given in fully to the power fantasy.

3 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

This is what the game needs. Overhauled combat system (including complete animation rework, which is crucial to any overhauled combat system), damage rework, and modding system is certainly needed in this game. Funny thing is, Steve praised Ghost of Tsushima's combat as being GOAT. However, I doubt there will be any improvement to Warframe's combat system or animations. We'll see, though.

The only thing and the most awaited thing for me is to get a boss system exactly like PoE Eidolons, PoE died when the prices of arcanes dropped but Eidolon Farming was worth over 2 to 3 years, i would love so much if they would add new items ( either mods or things like arcanes, etc ) to get from the new bosses in Heart of Deimos and to make platinum and to farm with my squad, that would be so awesome.

The new lore would be awesome too, but not as awesome as a boss system like PoE.

:smile:

I was hyped for HoD, but after finding out they nerfed infused Warframe abalities almost a week BEFORE it drops and cut the Mastery rank lock down from 15 to 8 has me annoyed. DE needs to give Veterans and long time players something that is exclusive in terms of content. There's nothing in this game to really incentivise grinding past MR 16. Free roam and modular weapons should be locked behind a mastery rank in the double digits. No reason a MR 2 should be able to join a Teralyst bounty. I'm willing to still give it a play through. However, DE needs to focus on endgame stuff and things for advanced players. My friend who is MR 9 is annoyed by the lack of endgame content as well.

Archived